• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Another pheonenal episode. That Will Throw at the end took me by surprise...damn that was brutal.

Is it normal after the end of every episode to pray that I'll wake up to the news that its been picked up? It has to be, I can't let it go.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Dolarhyde is perfect in this. Time to rewatch!

edit:
The religious symbolism and focus is refreshing. If i squint my eyes real hard its like im watching a lost episode of S2 Millennium.

edit2:

Oh and that reflection shot near the end.

awp69

WTF?!?!? Hannibal is not showing up on Saturday's lineup due to preseason NFL?

Is that nationwide or is my stupid NBC affiliate preempting it on their own?

Great episode, but I had to laugh at the conversation about the Chinese symbol carved into wood. It can mean "hit," and it is on a mahjong tile, but more typically it just means "middle" and "China" and is among the most common words in the language and one of the first to be taught in any curriculum. Kind of like getting a Chinese tattoo for "peace" using a character that also means "and." Technically correct, but amusing all the same.

I know lol. I took a class on Chinese religions and that was the only logogram I learned in that class, because it and "central kingdom" kept coming up over and over (and over, and over).

Finally got to watch the latest episode--absolutely loved it. Really loving the dynamics between all the characters now--Fuller makes great use of Harris's material.

Hannibal's "Did he who made the Lamb make thee?" quote was from Blake's poem "The Tyger"...I initially thought it was biblical.

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare sieze the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art.
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

So damned good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
it always bothered me that eye doesn't rhyme with symmetry.

Also, loved this:

tumblr_nsw8iyCaAb1rbzfi5o1_1280.jpg

CL7qBOTXAAA4cZE.jpg:large

EDIT: Also, I'm not crazy about every female role/character in the show, but goddamn, I love Fuller.

“‘A character gets raped’ is a very easy story to pitch for a drama,” he added. “And it comes with a stable of tropes that are infrequently elevated dramatically, or emotionally. I find that it’s not necessarily thought through in the more common crime procedurals. You’re reduced to using shorthand, and I don’t think there can be a shorthand for that violation—it’s an incredibly personal and intimate betrayal of something that should be so positive and healthy.”

Fuck you, Game of Thrones.

Kuroyume

Banned
WTF?!?!? Hannibal is not showing up on Saturday's lineup due to preseason NFL?

Is that nationwide or is my stupid NBC affiliate preempting it on their own?

Still shows up for me. Thank god. To be pre-empted for preseason football would be pathetic.

awp69

Still shows up for me. Thank god. To be pre-empted for preseason football would be pathetic.

Thankfully it was an error in my cable company's schedule. I live in South Carolina and it was a Panthers game, which is actually Friday night not Saturday. The TV listing have been updated since my post.

But I did see on a schedule of NFL preseason games that some teams have Saturday night games this week that said "local affiliate". So there could be other cities where they really do preempt it.

It would suck, but with Hannibal's ratings I could easily see an affiliate choosing the preseason game over Hannibal.

I'm not surprised by the hatred the second season of True Detective has received. From what I saw, it had the same exact flaws as season 1, only it didn't have two amazing leads, great cinematography and occult trappings to hide them.

Blader

Also, loved this:

tumblr_nsw8iyCaAb1rbzfi5o1_1280.jpg

CL7qBOTXAAA4cZE.jpg:large

I thought that looked really ridiculous in the show, tbh. Although I didn't realize they had Armitage actually wear the costume, that's cool.

EDIT: Also, I'm not crazy about every female role/character in the show, but goddamn, I love Fuller.

Fuck you, Game of Thrones.

heh, I don't really disagree, though there's a definite irony to Fuller putting others on blast for how they write female characters.

Monocle

I'm not surprised by the hatred the second season of True Detective has received. From what I saw, it had the same exact flaws as season 1, only it didn't have two amazing leads, great cinematography and occult trappings to hide them.
Even season 1 declined as the occult elements fizzled into nothing. What a disappointing ending.

I thought that looked really ridiculous in the show, tbh. Although I didn't realize they had Armitage actually wear the costume, that's cool.

heh, I don't really disagree, though there's a definite irony to Fuller putting others on blast for how they write female characters.

I love it! I figured that's where Fuller would go and was really happy to see it. The tail didn't work for me the first time I watched that episode but it was okay on a rewatch.

That piece is less a condemnation of other shows female characters and more the situations the creators put them in, although I mostly agree with you, like I said. I like where Alana is now but she had to go through a lot of "we need X to happen, let's make Alana do it" crap.

Going to the store, but then spending the rest of the day catching up while I code...

EDIT: Oh my God this Verger Penis monologue is amazing.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 11 "...And the Beast from the Sea"

With a full moon approaching, Jack and Will are certain that Francis Dolarhyde will strike again but they lack a solid lead; Alana gives Hannibal a chance for redemption.
Please spoiler tag discussions about this episode until it has aired in the US on August 13th.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think our neighbours may have overheard our hysterical reaction to that sex scene.

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

Window

FINALE PIC SPOILERS

Makes me sad the show is canceled. I do hope this is not the ending shot though as I'd rather end on something which reinforces the show's own distinct identity rather than
an allusion to something else (even though it may in the book the imagery is strongly associated with Hopkins/SoTL and only serves to remind what we lost.
Mads looking good with the new haircut since his incarceration.

Holy shit I wish I did not have that there to tempt me.

Not looking at it, but still.

It's not a huge spoiler or anything but it's something which would be best experienced in its place in the show.

Kuroyume

Banned
Watched last week's episode again. That scene where Will finds Dolarhyde in the elevator is the fucking best. Will creeps toward the elevator and the music begins to slowly escalate and rise, and then Dolarhyde shows his face... So fucking good. It's like out of a horror film.

Begaria

Hannibal's all like, "Sick 'em boy!"

Edit: Great Red Dragon? More like the Great Red Daredevil, am I right?...dressed all in black...mask covering half of face...aw come on, I thought it was good.

2nd Edit: Mother fucker....that was tense. Holy shit.

Top Bottom