• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Happy Birthday, Miku!! ^___^

pqUS7a1.png

WzJCfT7.png

0GVScK3.png

Couldn't have picked a more appropriate day for this to arrive! Nice timing, VG+ ;)

sY0qEmx.jpg

Good news, I also took delivery of a capture device - so hoping to get a twitch stream up and running as soon as possible. You can look forward to my terrible performances as I continue to get to grips with my controller... details to follow :)

Aytrial

Couldn't have picked a more appropriate day for this to arrive! Nice timing, VG+ ;)

sY0qEmx.jpg

Good news, I also took delivery of a capture device - so hoping to get a twitch stream up and running as soon as possible. You can look forward to my terrible performances as I continue to get to grips with my controller... details to follow :)

Wait, there's no "Only on PlayStation" logo? Odd. I also like how there's a subtitle underneath the logo. It isn't that hard to read.

rpmurphy

Is there a way to save a replay in the game so that I can rewatch it?

And I caved on the PS3 for this game... Miku strong. :3

Noi

I haven't played much (with FFXIV being the main cause), but I really dig Secret Police. It's my go to song for getting extra DP so far, running it with Mega Survival on Hard gets me tons of points~

Edit: Also, seconding Ashes to Ashes being my first Perfect, hahaha.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I actually find Perfectionist to be an easier way to get lots of Diva Points than Mega Survival. At least on Normal difficulty. On Hard...yeah, Mega Survival would probably be easier, at least initially.

Also, holy shit @ Unhappy Refrain on Hard. I don't know if I'll ever clear it with anything better than a Standard ranking. Shit's tough.

Noi

I was about to comment on how World's End Umbrella was easier on Hard it was on Normal but...

..."Rin-chan Now!". The fuck did I just play.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Yup, way easier. Second try!

Noi

aww what. I beat B☆RS and expected at least a costume inspired by it, but I didn't expect to get Running Miku instead. I feel trolled.

Luigi87

I cannot do Freely Tomorrow with Perfectionist.
The Technical Zone with all the star notes... I can't freaking cool all that X_x

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Happy Birthday Miku!

And a shout-out to all the GAF folks who have come and said hi to us at the Miku booth here at PAX. Great seeing you all, and good luck in tomorrow's competition! :)

Happy Birthday Miku!

And a shout-out to all the GAF folks who have come and said hi to us at the Miku booth here at PAX. Great seeing you all, and good luck in tomorrow's competition! :)

You should totally put the sunglasses on every character on the demo stations tomorrow. See you then!

Finally got around to starting this game and decided to tackle the new PS3 songs first.

Completely dead at Rin-chan Now!. I have no words for it.

At least Senbonzakura basically revived me right afterwards.

Been a fan of rhythm games ever since I started playing DDR back into 2001 so I had to pick this game up.

I'm not a fan of being forced to play normal in order to unlock the higher difficulties. I still had fun, but I prefer to jump right into the hard shit, lol.

Beat all songs on normal and now I'm going through hard. I wanted to try some songs on Extreme, so I picked Rin-Chan Now! (top 3 songs for me at the moment)..and I got this score:

Been using the Perfectionist item for every song. Gives me more DP and helps me work on my timing. Love it.

Total concentration is needed for some of these extreme songs. Some of these backgrounds throw me off at times.

Great game. Any fan of rhythm games should definitely pick this up.

LowParry

My lord, where's some subtitles for the music. I'm mildly curious what the crap is being said in Rin Chan Now (which is to say, addicting for whatever reason to watch). Pretty solid game all around. Can get most of the hard mode stuff done on Great. Extreme on the other hand. I'm not sure if it's intended to be played on a pad.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My lord, where's some subtitles for the music. I'm mildly curious what the crap is being said in Rin Chan Now (which is to say, addicting for whatever reason to watch). Pretty solid game all around. Can get most of the hard mode stuff done on Great. Extreme on the other hand. I'm not sure if it's intended to be played on a pad.

Here

Esura

Banned
I thought Secret Police was a song with some crazy ass lyrics but Rin-chan Now! takes the cake. I love that song and I now want a module thingy for Rin of adult Rin.

Yasumi

Banned
Project Diva F has really gotten me back into a rhythm game kick recently. The PSP Project Divas, various DJMax's, and I just ordered Idolm@ster 2, yay. I might grab the Miku DLC to go along with it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm contemplating buying the huge arcade controller. Someone please stop me before I hurt my wallet.

All of the sudden I just NEED it.

Man, that Art collection bronze trophy was a pain in the ass. Probably spent over an hour going in and out of menus just to get 1 piece of art. Thanks RNG.

Oh well, Platinum achieved. Thank god extreme isn't required.

yyr

I actually find Perfectionist to be an easier way to get lots of Diva Points than Mega Survival. At least on Normal difficulty. On Hard...yeah, Mega Survival would probably be easier, at least initially.

Not necessarily. I feel that--as long as your timing is generally okay--Mega Survival is always more difficult, because with Perfectionist you can break combo a whole bunch but still recover your gauge. You can get away with 20 or 30 misses in a song and still clear it. With Mega Survival, get a few misses and you're already out. It baffles me that Mega Survival gives fewer points than Perfectionist.

I cannot do Freely Tomorrow with Perfectionist.
The Technical Zone with all the star notes... I can't freaking cool all that X_x

I have vast experience with the Vita version; I accomplished almost everything there was to accomplish on its 32 songs. But like many others, I was confounded at first by the analog stick control scheme for Star notes on PS3. Now, I have something of a strategy:

For each Star: flick the stick to the DOWN position at the right time. You may substitute UP, LEFT or RIGHT, but for some reason I'm more comfortable with DOWN. The trick is making sure you're holding your controller (doesn't matter what kind, I'm using the mini Hori) totally straight, and flicking the stick to exactly the right position. If you get too close to DOWN-LEFT or DOWN-RIGHT, for instance, you may trigger two swipes instead of just the one.
Now here's the kicker: immediately after you flick to the DOWN (or whichever position), return the stick to neutral. This is different from the best method on Vita; there, you could hit several successive Star notes by just swiping back and forth between two points. Because I was used to that, I assumed that the best method on PS3 was to flick the stick, say, to the UP position, then to DOWN, then back to UP and so on. But it's more difficult this way, because it's too easy to veer too much to the left or right by mistake.
So...flick to any of the four primary directions (I suggest Down), then immediately return to neutral before flicking again. Using this method, I got the Perfect on Freely Tomorrow (Normal) on my first play. But what if you're playing on Extreme, and the Star notes come too quickly? That, I believe, is when you alternate between the two analog sticks! I expect this to work, and hopefully I'll have time to try this on the Extreme chart of Freely Tomorrow...tomorrow.

Man, that Art collection bronze trophy was a pain in the ass. Probably spent over an hour going in and out of menus just to get 1 piece of art.

I had to do this on Vita also =\ For anyone else who doesn't have this title/Trophy yet: I highly recommend that you install the game data to the HDD before you attempt this (requires about 3 GB). Then, you spend more time waiting for your data to save then waiting for menus to load =\

Bought this on a whim, never played any of these before, meant to just try it out for a bit while the Card Against Humanity PAX panel was streaming. Ended up playing an hour and a half without realizing it!

Anyone have any good tips for easy calibration? I was expecting something like the calibration wizard in Rock Band but instead I've just got that slider and I'm like what. (Actually, could I just pop in one of the Rock Band discs, do the calibration stuff there, then use the audio delay ms figure I get in Diva f? Since each tick of the slider is theoretically 1ms?)

FAO StarCreator: After some extended play over the weekend, I've found that I'm getting some buttons very infrequently sticking on the controller... as a result, a hit might not quite register, which is ruinous for a perfect run. I watched your gameplay video, and your technique is the same as mine - firm finger pushes, dead centre. I'm not hammering them, nor am I using a soft touch.

I remember reading the instructions for the mini controller saying that the buttons may stick at first, and that it might take a while for them to sit/operate correctly. Is it also the case for this one too? All the contacts appear to work fine with the plastic cover removed. It's definitely not a lag issue, and not just me being terrible - I know it's happened as soon as a vocal cuts out due to a complete miss, even though I've hit a note on time for at least a GOOD.

I worked my way through all the easy tracks (ie where it's just circle and touchpad utilised) and it seems to happen far less on the circle button - which is the one that I've used the most so far. Did you experience any problems with your controller when you first started using it? Am I being overly concerned, and should I just keep on playing until the buttons seat themselves?

Kumubou

Not necessarily. I feel that--as long as your timing is generally okay--Mega Survival is always more difficult, because with Perfectionist you can break combo a whole bunch but still recover your gauge. You can get away with 20 or 30 misses in a song and still clear it. With Mega Survival, get a few misses and you're already out. It baffles me that Mega Survival gives fewer points than Perfectionist.
I think their thinking there is that most people are not going to have timing good enough to afford them a lot of leeway when using Perfectionist -- I think you need a cool rate of what, 70-75% just to survive? You may be able to get 50 misses and pass, but you can also fail with a full combo.

It's a different kind of difficulty, really. It's like trying to give a difficulty rating to Gambol [A] in IIDX.

Slermy

Put some time into this the other day... and I'm liking it quite a bit!

Time Machine and Remote Control are my favorites (the latter when I swap out the Vocaloids for Hatusne Miku and Megurine Luka).

rpmurphy

Anyone have pointers on lag calibration? Like, which direction is which, and is it easier to tell the different on faster or slower tempos?

Also, does it make any difference if I plug in the DS3 over USB, or does it communicate over BlueTooth regardless?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hurt the wallet. Hurt it so much will never recover.

Finger is on the trigger... In my mind I am justifying it because I have a closet full of useless music accessories, what's another one? :p

Anyone have pointers on lag calibration? Like, which direction is which, and is it easier to tell the different on faster or slower tempos?

Also, does it make any difference if I plug in the DS3 over USB, or does it communicate over BlueTooth regardless?

Originally in the thread I thought going negative was the way you wanted to go but now that I've messed around with the settings again, I am not sure.

All I know is if you're hitting notes before they're showing up, you want to add, and if you're hitting notes afterwords, you want to subtract. Try to do it in increments of 5 and see how well you do on each run.

I recommend picking a song you know fairly well and have a stable amount of notes on hard (I think Ashes to Ashes is good for this).

Good luck though. They really dropped the ball with no calibration tool in my opinion, which is just plain dumb for a rhythm game to not have (though I guess I should be grateful the option is even there, lol).

Top Bottom