• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Well, I got it for £5 cheaper than it was supposed to be. Go me?

It was sony mistake , just do as i did and enjoy your game , i got it 5€ cheaper and i'm enjoying the game.

Shame that the correct price is in fact a mistake.

ON topic , i had the initial first 10 minutes of frustration. i know the songs , i know the gameplay but i had to re-adapt to a much bigger screen than the VITA..

This is weird since i have dreamy theater 2 and this wasn't this problematic ( especially during secret police )... and then i understood how to handle the star notes properly and now i'm having fun again
(i'm using the Red items from the start since i know just how many GP you need for the extra stuff...)
Second platinium , here i come. ( i have the plat on the japanese VITA version )

I was debating whether to buy when it was £31.99 (I knew it was a mistake), but that was more due to the fact that I already own three copies on PS3 (1 digital, 2 physical) and another on Vita, rather than the price itself. I just can't justify buying it again!

Fired up the game last night. Planned on just playing a song or two...dozen...times...

I really suck at the game. No lag issues, just my timing being off. Even Easy is kicking my ass, though part of it is being distracted by the background videos. And like everyone else, I really wish there was a way to dim the backgrounds a little.

But still, a fun game and definitely worth the price of admission. And GameStop finally came through with my pre-order bonus. Better late than never, I guess.

Wonko_C

Just saw the only copy in my city at the local game shop for 899 Mexican pesos, taunting me, but I'm broke. My birthday is on the 9th but it's not customary to gift games or anything equally expensive.

Please don't get bought for at least 2 more months until I recover. T_T

Aytrial

Just saw the only copy in my city at the local game shop for 899 Mexican pesos, taunting me, but I'm broke. My birthday is on the 9th but it's not customary to gift games or anything equally expensive.

Please don't get bought for at least 2 more months until I recover. T_T

I'm sure you can survive on instant noodles for a few weeks.

Still missing the pre-order bonuses here.

Does gamestop not respond to emails or what? Sent one last week, never even got a confirmation.

Did you e-mail directly or use the link on their customer service page? I did the latter and they got back to me within a day or two (1st will be auto-response, second will be a real human).

Just be forewarned that the form they use on their webpage doesn't play well with Exploder. I had to use Chrome to get it to work.

Just tried the demo of this and maybe I'm just not used to 1080p PS3 games, but the IQ is REALLY good. The game looks amazing. Does it use AA?

Wish I could spend the money on it right now, a copy from VGP is tempting me. This will probably become rare in no time, right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finished every song on Normal and Hard, and one on Extreme. Now I just have to grind for Diva Points so I can get all the Diva Room related trophies. Does the "Buy all modules" trophy include the Future Rin module? 'Cause don't get me wrong, I could totally play Tengaku, or any Rin song, 50 times if I had to. It's just that if it IS required for the trophy, that adds a lot more work to the PS3 version Platinum than the Vita version required.

Finished every song on Normal and Hard, and one on Extreme. Now I just have to grind for Diva Points so I can get all the Diva Room related trophies. Does the "Buy all modules" trophy include the Future Rin module? 'Cause don't get me wrong, I could totally play Tengaku, or any Rin song, 50 times if I had to. It's just that if it IS required for the trophy, that adds a lot more work to the PS3 version Platinum than the Vita version required.

I don't know about the trophy, but the requirement to unlock Rin Future Style involves using any Rin module; it doesn't have to be a Rin song.

macklelol

Nope, none of the extra songs or modules are needed to get the platinum.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know about the trophy, but the requirement to unlock Rin Future Style involves using any Rin module; it doesn't have to be a Rin song.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't really like using other vocaloids on songs that aren't theirs, so I probably will play Rin songs 50 times. It's a good thing I really like Tengaku!

Rhapsody

Banned
Ugh, I really shouldn't have waited so long to drive out to GS. Apparently not enough copies were sent for the preorders.
I'm going to have to wait a bit more until I get mine I guess. There was also a pretty bad storm close to here which slowed down shipment.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Ugh, I really shouldn't have waited so long to drive out to GS. Apparently not enough copies were sent for the preorders.
I'm going to have to wait a bit more until I get mine I guess. There was also a pretty bad storm close to here which slowed down shipment.
Amazon with express shipping may be your best bet - if your local Gamestop is sold out, there's a good chance it will remain that way for some time. (Not sure if you have any other GS stores nearby, but it may be worth calling them.)

Star, thanks for also spotting our Metacritic score. :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Amazon with express shipping may be your best bet - if your local Gamestop is sold out, there's a good chance it will remain that way for some time. (Not sure if you have any other GS stores nearby, but it may be worth calling them.)

Star, thanks for also spotting our Metacritic score. :)

Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll go and pick it up at the nearest GS. I think some somewhat close by had some in stock.

I bought this on PSN last night. Think copies of the retail version will be floating around for awhile? I'd like to pick that up at some point as well, for collection purposes and to further support Sega's localization efforts, but I'd rather not pay full price twice.

I'd also love if this appeared on Vita at some point, as this seems like a perfect handheld title. I was pretty disappointed when I realized the Vita version wasn't being released in NA, and I got the ps3 version because it was my only option. A Vita version is something I'd gladly pay full price for once more.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
I bought this on PSN last night. Think copies of the retail version will be floating around for awhile? I'd like to pick that up at some point as well, for collection purposes and to further support Sega's localization efforts, but I'd rather not pay full price twice.

I'd also love if this appeared on Vita at some point, as this seems like a perfect handheld title. I was pretty disappointed when I realized the Vita version wasn't being released in NA, and I got the ps3 version because it was my only option. A Vita version is something I'd gladly pay full price for once more.
Thanks first for supporting Miku by double dipping - it means a lot. :) My personal guess is that the physical copies will become rarer and rarer over the next couple months, as demand for those was high. It's still early in the launch window though, so we'll see what the next week or two bring. (My guess is that it will probably sell out before you see any price drops.)

No news on a VITA version, sorry, but we have heard all of the demand for it, and I've shared that feedback internally.

Did you e-mail directly or use the link on their customer service page? I did the latter and they got back to me within a day or two (1st will be auto-response, second will be a real human).

Just be forewarned that the form they use on their webpage doesn't play well with Exploder. I had to use Chrome to get it to work.

Yeah, I used the form on their customer service page. Included all the necessary details. Didn't even get an auto-response.

Probably going to have to suck it up and call CS tomorrow.

My imported US PS3 version arrived in the mail today. I don't have any particular fondness for the vocaloid phenomenon, but it's been ages since I've played a decent rhythm game so I'm hoping this scratches that itch.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So anyone start listening to Vocaloid music?
I've recently been enamored with Deco*27's works, although the songs sound better when not using Vocaloids.

Wonko_C

I've recently been enamored with Deco*27's works, although the songs sound better when not using Vocaloids.

Almost exclusively Electronica: AVTechNO!, Utata-P/T.Komine, and Hanasoumen-P are some of the best producers around. Their most Trance-y songs only use Vocaloid to accentuate the melodies.

EDIT: We should start a "Post your favorite Vocaloid music" thread sometime.

Thanks first for supporting Miku by double dipping - it means a lot. :) My personal guess is that the physical copies will become rarer and rarer over the next couple months, as demand for those was high. It's still early in the launch window though, so we'll see what the next week or two bring. (My guess is that it will probably sell out before you see any price drops.)

No news on a VITA version, sorry, but we have heard all of the demand for it, and I've shared that feedback internally.

Thanks!

And sorry for not buying Yakuza: Dead Souls until yesterday. =( I promise I'll be there if you bring over 5 and (especially) Ishin!

Almost exclusively Electronica: AVTechNO!, Utata-P/T.Komine, and Hanasoumen-P are some of the best producers around. Their most Trance-y songs only use Vocaloid to accentuate the melodies.

Any good resources for this stuff? Google Music All Access has not been forthcoming.

bigkrev

Found a sealed copy at Gamestop. I told myself I wasn't going to buy it, that there are so many games I want coming soon...

I'm weak. Will probably pop it in tonight for a 10 minute try before digging in hard on the weekend.

OMG Aero

Ruby, do you know why the description for the game on the European PSN store includes this:
DLC Descriptions:

• Two Snow Miku 2013 Costumes
• Custom PS3™ Hatsune Miku Theme with 10 unique backgrounds
I took the description to mean that those are just included with the European version of the game like they were with American pre-orders but I can't find the costumes in-game and the theme isn't on my hard drive, and I can't find them elsewhere on the PSN store if they are meant to be separate paid or free downloads.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.

Yeah, I figured that once the print run is sold out, there is no more games.

So pick them up when you can.

:)

cajunator

Banned
Finally got the game today. This game really really kicked my ass already. I was playing in super easy mode too. GuesS Im just really bad at timing games and I dont know playstation button layout very well. Gonna have to practice big time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got the game today. This game really really kicked my ass already. I was playing in super easy mode too. GuesS Im just really bad at timing games and I dont know playstation button layout very well. Gonna have to practice big time.

I figured that you of all people wouldn't be able to resist this game. :D

FAO StarCreator: After some extended play over the weekend, I've found that I'm getting some buttons very infrequently sticking on the controller... as a result, a hit might not quite register, which is ruinous for a perfect run. I watched your gameplay video, and your technique is the same as mine - firm finger pushes, dead centre. I'm not hammering them, nor am I using a soft touch.

I remember reading the instructions for the mini controller saying that the buttons may stick at first, and that it might take a while for them to sit/operate correctly. Is it also the case for this one too? All the contacts appear to work fine with the plastic cover removed. It's definitely not a lag issue, and not just me being terrible - I know it's happened as soon as a vocal cuts out due to a complete miss, even though I've hit a note on time for at least a GOOD.

I worked my way through all the easy tracks (ie where it's just circle and touchpad utilised) and it seems to happen far less on the circle button - which is the one that I've used the most so far. Did you experience any problems with your controller when you first started using it? Am I being overly concerned, and should I just keep on playing until the buttons seat themselves?

Managed to miss this one while I was out at PAX! Sorry!

Are you certain the inputs are sticking, as opposed to not firing at all? (Should be fairly easy to tell since the switch actuation is also what triggers the PCB to switch off that button's LED.) The switches become undersensitive and miss inputs entirely when they're on their way out; I've never had issues with them being oversensitive.

The mini controller and the arcade style controller use the exact same style of microswitch. Haven't had a chance to inspect the mini controller closely but from photos I've seen others take I think they're the exact same model.

Managed to miss this one while I was out at PAX! Sorry!

Are you certain the inputs are sticking, as opposed to not firing at all? (Should be fairly easy to tell since the switch actuation is also what triggers the PCB to switch off that button's LED.) The switches become undersensitive and miss inputs entirely when they're on their way out; I've never had issues with them being oversensitive.

The mini controller and the arcade style controller use the exact same style of microswitch. Haven't had a chance to inspect the mini controller closely but from photos I've seen others take I think they're the exact same model.

No worries, I knew you were busy with PAX so decided to leave it a bit before starting to politely chase you :)

The light would stay on, but in some cases it felt as if the button hadn't pressed down quite correctly (It's not as if it would remain physically stuck down though). Since my original post, I've been playing through the difficultly levels that rely on using all buttons with more frequency. I've noticed that as they get more use, the problem seems to be happening less. Double/fast repeating sets of notes were usual hotspots for it happening, but I'm getting around that now by using the matching colour arrow buttons in conjunction with the symbol buttons.

I wonder if it has just been due to my controller effectively being in storage for several months since production/release, and that it just needs some action on the buttons to make them work as they should. I don't want to start thinking about modding the inputs just yet ;)

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Price went up in Australia as well. That's pretty annoying. Was $54.95 (Approximately) now it's $66.95... which is too much for me to buy digitally. I'd love to support the localization but seems too much at the moment. Already have the Vita version anyway so I'll make it.

IzzyF3

I'm really surprised how much I'm loving this game. I wasn't a vocaloid fan at all and only knew of Miku from the local anime convention and all of the cosplayers. Bought the game because I loved Guitaroo Man and rhythm games before Guitar Hero/RockBand dominated the genre.

During the past week, I found myself playing this game and ignoring FFXIV (server problems probably a big reason too) and Xillia.

Personally, I don't think the game gets crazy addictive until you get to Hard mode (because all face buttons are used) and are aiming for Great or Excellent. I find myself playing the same song over and over again because of how close I am to Excellent. The 2 sections where you have to combo all of the beats and the 1 rainbow star sections in every song adds so much more to the rhythm genre surprisingly. It's also because of these sections though that really makes me wish there was a practice mode.

The song collections is really good and definitely opened my ears to vocaloid music. What can I say, I'm a Miku fan now. I love all of the Kagamine Rin and Len songs. Luka's Glasses song is really catchy and fun. Not a fan of Kaito though. Only vocaloid here that I think sounds funny and weird.

I watch a lot of asian pop music videos too and some of the videos in are incredibly well done and certainly as good as most of the MVs from top pop stars (and definitely better than western MVs, which makes me sick sometimes). Even finding the perfect module for the video is fun.

Yeah, I'm all praise for this game. Originally thought the $50 price was too steep especially with the fall game season here. As it happens, the game is worth every penny IMO.

Price went up in Australia as well. That's pretty annoying. Was $54.95 (Approximately) now it's $66.95... which is too much for me to buy digitally. I'd love to support the localization but seems to much a the moment.

That's a shame. Fortunately, SEGA aren't averse to sales - it will show up reduced at some point eventually. It's just disappointing that they didn't seize the opportunity to cultivate some goodwill/increase the potential customer base by offering the game at a sub $40/£25 price, even if only for just a limited time.

crazyo

Banned
I think I'm going to wait for a sale for the PS3 version, I already own the game on the Vita with DLCs and had big problems adjusting to the lag on my TV. I can't find the right setting to make it feel crisp and right like on my Vita.

Cleared almost everything on hard and a few songs on Extreme, but the goddamn button inconsistency on the DS3 combined with HDTV lag is driving me nuts.

Is anyone using the official Mini controller? If so, how do you like it?

Cleared almost everything on hard and a few songs on Extreme, but the goddamn button inconsistency on the DS3 combined with HDTV lag is driving me nuts.

Is anyone using the official Mini controller? If so, how do you like it?

I own the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller, the F mini controller, and the F controller, and the DS3 is still my preferred controller for the game. Absolutely no issues with it.

Top Bottom