• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Aytrial

Ah, thanks. Was only curious if one was harder than the other since I've been hearing people mentioning difficulty.

Those who are having issues with difficulty are those who haven't played Project Diva before. Understandable since I had had the exact same issues they're experiencing when I tried f for the first time.

Busaiku

Holy crap, I beat God Tier Tune on Extreme.
Though I definitely wouldn't have been able to do so if I wasn't able to scrub my through most of it thanks to Star Notes.

Rhapsody

Banned
Probably cause a bunch of people (like myself) are completely new to the franchise and its flashy backgrounds.

Those who are having issues with difficulty are those who haven't played Project Diva before. Understandable since I had had the exact same issues they're experiencing when I tried f for the first time.
I see, that's true. I hope no one got the wrong impression on what I said though, haha. I mostly asked because a friend in Japan mentioned that the arcade Project Diva's being different, which got me curious if there were even any differences within the Vita and PS3 versions of f and F.

I remember having problems playing the PSP ones way back. Granted, I was on a PSP 1000, so that was a pretty bad experience for me. I can't even remember how I did in PDf for some odd reason.

hamchan

Maybe it's because I normally play rhythm games on handheld devices and am not used to it on TV, but even on normal the notes seem to be coming in pretty fast.

Also these lag calibration options, have no idea how laggy my TV is or which direction to move the number ha ha.

Yuripaw

Banned
I actually did get my copy of this game in the mail today, so I guess amazon sorta came through.

I really suck at keeping in rhythm, I've only passed one song so far, but whatever, lol I still really enjoy the music so far. Omg though, so much kawaii in this game XD I love it

consoul

So I know there was a way to import your Project Diva f Vita save file into the Japanese release of Project Diva F on PS3.

I have my PDf save file on my US Vita account.
Is there any way to import it into the US PS3 release?

*edit* :( Sad feels. Thanks for confirming StarCreator.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gah. I'm trying to train myself to use the d-pad in conjunction with the buttons, since my thumb just is not physically capable of moving fast enough to hit those triple notes on Hard. It's messing with my brain. :lol

RedBoot

Got through a bunch of songs on normal, did a couple on hard, and even managed to clear ACUTE on Extreme. That's good enough for day 1. I really like the challenge here, it's been a while since I played a really tough rhythm game. Can't imagine how some of these will be on Extreme...

The game's kinda funny though, there's all kinds of complex visuals going on in the background that I get to ignore because I'm focusing on the note icons. :)

hamchan

Ok, looks like I've finished all the songs on normal, all the ones I've unlocked anyways. Fun game, seems like a lot of songs and the music videos seem very well done (when i had the chance to concentrate on them).

Even if no sequels come out in English I'm pretty much down to import them all now.

If I can get it up and running, I'm hoping to do some gameplay livestreaming with the big controller... watch this space!

i_bought_miku_an_camera_by_knoze-d56abda.jpg

yyr

So Mega Survival all the way through! Gotta maximize dem Diva Points.

If you're trying to maximize points, why would you not use Perfectionist? It multiplies all of your points by 4, and because you can recover life, you can actually afford to make MORE mistakes. As long as your timing is good enough that you hit mostly COOLs, you'll never have a problem with it.

Actually, I recommend that EVERYONE use Perfectionist as soon as you're comfortable with the number of COOLs you're hitting. This way, you'll never have to grind for points, ever...you'll simply have enough to unlock everything, as long as you can eventually clear most or all of the charts.

Damn, Negaposi*Continues is tough even on Normal. Took me like five or six tries to Great it.

Well...it's the hardest song in the game. Well, okay, it's the hardest of the non-Extra songs. I haven't gotten to try those six on Extreme yet.

So...I caved and (against my gaming budget) bought a copy from a Gamestop yesterday:

phBgkgYl.jpg

didn't get the DLC, but I figure no biggie since I was able to get the game without pre-ordering...let's do this. I also didn't realize from the demo that the star notes were for the analog stick.

also, Ruby, if you're reading this:
I did my part! At least consider bringing Yakuza 5/Valkyria Chronicles 3 over!
#RETAILSEGA

Markun

Oh man, this game is so much fun to play. I was really in the mood for a good rhythm game and this one really fits the bill. This game has also piqued my interest in Vocaloid music. I knew all about the Vocaloids before this game, but I didn't really delve into their music unless it was a really popular song like Popipo or Black Rock Shooter.

It took me a bit to get used to the gameplay for Diva, but now that I've got it down my prior rhythm game experience seems to be coming through for me. I managed to perfect my favorite song in the game.

H7KFuxY.png

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh man, this game is so much fun to play. I was really in the mood for a good rhythm game and this one really fits the bill. This game has also piqued my interest in Vocaloid music. I knew all about the Vocaloids before this game, but I didn't really delve into their music unless it was a really popular song like Popipo or Black Rock Shooter.

It took me a bit to get used to the gameplay for Diva, but now that I've got it down my prior rhythm game experience seems to be coming through for me. I managed to perfect my favorite song in the game.

H7KFuxY.png

You perfected on Extreme?! ∑(゚Д゚)

Hardcore!

yyr

I tear up too. I try not to watch the video and focus soley on the notes. ;_;

It had been a while since I'd last played it on the Vita version, so I full-on started crying the first time on PS3. Did not break combo, got the Perfect anyway. lol

my prior rhythm game experience seems to be coming through for me. I managed to perfect my favorite song in the game.

Welcome to the obsession. Now, you're not going to want to stop until you've gotten all of those little crowns. Good luck...some of them are quite tough! (Also, use Perfectionist! Getting a Perfect on Extreme will get you over 230K DP.)

Luigi87

If you're trying to maximize points, why would you not use Perfectionist? It multiplies all of your points by 4, and because you can recover life, you can actually afford to make MORE mistakes. As long as your timing is good enough that you hit mostly COOLs, you'll never have a problem with it.

Actually, I recommend that EVERYONE use Perfectionist as soon as you're comfortable with the number of COOLs you're hitting. This way, you'll never have to grind for points, ever...you'll simply have enough to unlock everything, as long as you can eventually clear most or all of the charts..

I just don't feel I'm that good D=
There are two songs on Extreme that I could never even finish even without items in f.

Also, really wishing I could swap X and Circle for menus x_x
I keep hitting the latter to confirm and accidentally backing.

Luigi87

That... Okay, that is a logical argument =P

Also this is reminding me how much I HATE getting the Esper/Psychic trophy.
Edit: Finally got it X_x

rpmurphy

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E369SDM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

12gb system that was just put out, but I honestly don't like that deal much personally...so many games have installations, and 12gb will go fast. For $50 more, you can get the 250gb model with Uncharted 3.
Hmm, yeah, if I have to end up getting a bigger HDD for it, I might as well buy a model with enough storage in the first place. How much space does it take if I want to install this game to disk though (from the game disc)? I can do that, right?

Kumubou

So I have managed to Perfect the entire game on Normal so far and I'm a few songs into Hard, have some random thoughts:

• I really wish the game had options common in other music-rhythm games, like in-game score ghosts (so you could see where you were +/- your high score, or a friend if the game had leaderboards), speed modifiers, random inputs (either swap buttons across the board or on each input), fail on any miss (like Hazard in GF/DM/IIDX), etc..
  • It turns out the sync issues I was having only happens on a couple of songs. Weekender Girl and Freely Tomorrow feel super early on my setup (where I have to hit the inputs way later than the music), but everything else seems pretty close.
  • I managed to forget PSO2 existed... until The MMORPG Addict's Anthem. Damnit! They even bothered to translate the rare item she gets at the end of the song... which you then get as a room item. Thanks.
  • Screw the speed changes in Sadistic Music Factory, the layout makes no sense. I had to play it about five times just to figure out what the hell the timing of everything was.
  • After seeing the background animation for Rin-chan Now!... I'm surprised that one scene didn't get censored in the US release. Luka, I think doing that in the US will get you arrested.
People bought $400 Miku controllers for this game.

Cheapest PS3 is only $199!
I have a IIDX controller that cost about $300 (RIP IIDX CS releases) and a DDR pad that went for around $500. These controllers are super-niche, so that's why the price is so high. You could probably put together a DIY Project Diva controller for a fair bit less; you would just have to have to bootleg an analog input somehow (since direction and resolution don't really matter, you could probably jury-rig it a number of ways).

LiK

I still haven't received my preorder bonus code from Gamestop's online store. I just emailed them. Annoying.

If I can get it up and running, I'm hoping to do some gameplay livestreaming with the big controller... watch this space!

I'm still on the case with this - just trying to work out how best to set up the stream using two cameras simultaneously (one facing screen, another on the controller). Ideally I'd like to route the PS3 audio directly to the PC for capture (if anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome). Failing that, I might have to look into getting a decent enough mic hooked up... the only problem being that I won't be able to rely on my headset, so my skills may be hampered ;)

Top Bottom