• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

jtm33

Neo Member
One trick that I have found for star notes that works for me is to not flick the sticks at all. I only use one stick and slide it across the diagonal between the left and top edges of the right stick. I don't release it between each movement. Because I don't release between each movement it is really fast, and I can do any pattern with only one stick. Very consistent as long as you make sure the stick slides along the outer edge.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We needed more proof?

Well, the developers accidentally named this game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F so I felt like I needed to emphasize who this game is really about ;)

That and Rin Chan now has to definitely be the most fun song in the game! Even other vocaloids praise Rin!

rpmurphy

Originally in the thread I thought going negative was the way you wanted to go but now that I've messed around with the settings again, I am not sure.

All I know is if you're hitting notes before they're showing up, you want to add, and if you're hitting notes afterwords, you want to subtract. Try to do it in increments of 5 and see how well you do on each run.

I recommend picking a song you know fairly well and have a stable amount of notes on hard (I think Ashes to Ashes is good for this).

Good luck though. They really dropped the ball with no calibration tool in my opinion, which is just plain dumb for a rhythm game to not have (though I guess I should be grateful the option is even there, lol).
Yeah, thanks. I've been doing trial and error on this on various songs, and I think I am close (or at least closer, maybe). At least it seems like my Cool:Good ratio is improving.

Now I just need to learn to start playing properly... actually using both D-pad and face buttons so that I can actually do some of these extreme modes. >_<

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah, thanks. I've been doing trial and error on this on various songs, and I think I am close (or at least closer, maybe). At least it seems like my Cool:Good ratio is improving.

Now I just need to learn to start playing properly... actually using both D-pad and face buttons so that I can actually do some of these extreme modes. >_<

Nice, once you wrap your head around extreme, that's when you're going to start having fun.

Also, personally I am still calibrating in light of trying to use perfectionist to maximize points, seeing all these stupid goods are pissing me off (and failing me out on extreme). Hopefully I can find the sweet spot soon.

yyr

I think their thinking there is that most people are not going to have timing good enough to afford them a lot of leeway when using Perfectionist -- I think you need a cool rate of what, 70-75% just to survive? You may be able to get 50 misses and pass, but you can also fail with a full combo.

I would hope that, with practice, most players can do a lot better than just 70-75% Cools. Gambol is a whole different beast!! Last I checked, the game's timing windows don't change per song, heh. NEVER MENTION THAT HORRIBLE THING AGAIN lol.

Anyone have pointers on lag calibration? Like, which direction is which, and is it easier to tell the different on faster or slower tempos?

The "manual" is six pages and barely contains any information, but it DOES contain this:

"If you feel like Melody Icons are passing through the target later than your button press, reduce the calibration to a value between -99 and -1. If you feel like the icons are early compared to when you press the button, increase the calibration to a value between 1 and 99. Note that '1' on this scale adjusts the button timing by 1/1000 of a second."

So if it feels like you're intentionally hitting late to compensate, add to the number; if it feels like you're intentionally hitting early, reduce the number. I think?

One trick that I have found for star notes that works for me is to not flick the sticks at all. I only use one stick and slide it across the diagonal between the left and top edges of the right stick. I don't release it between each movement. Because I don't release between each movement it is really fast, and I can do any pattern with only one stick. Very consistent as long as you make sure the stick slides along the outer edge.

You know? This did cross my mind as a possible strategy; after all, the "swipe" happens when the input changes, except for when it returns to neutral. So sliding between LEFT and UP (or any two directions that are next to each other) would certainly work. But at the least, I can now say with certainty that my strategy does seem to work:

ft-perfect.jpg

This was over 4,000 points higher than my score on Vita, actually. Because the sticks are actually more precise, I was able to get mostly Cools on the hellish Star-laden second Technical Zone, whereas on Vita I just said "screw it" and swiped the screen wildly.

By the way, if you haven't yet noticed: flailing both analog sticks wildly will carry you through any Star section, just as swiping the screen wildly will get you through on Vita. You will automatically get Good (Fine in the Japanese versions) for every Star note. If you're using Perfectionist, this will drain your gauge, but your combo will survive!

Aytrial

By the way, if you haven't yet noticed: flailing both analog sticks wildly will carry you through any Star section, just as swiping the screen wildly will get you through on Vita. You will automatically get Good (Fine in the Japanese versions) for every Star note. If you're using Perfectionist, this will drain your gauge, but your combo will survive!

A certain streamer we all may know is guilty of doing this live. My ears imploded at the sound of all the swipes.

Anyone have pointers on lag calibration? Like, which direction is which, and is it easier to tell the different on faster or slower tempos?

You're just going to have to play with it until it feels right (you can change it in the middle of a song). I'm a -8 for example.

A certain streamer we all may know is guilty of doing this live. My ears imploded at the sound of all the swipes.

Sounds like a real ass.

Today the Miku and Rin cosplayers at the Sega booth are in Senbonzakura mode!

7D347Ef.jpg

The missus and I are standing just out of frame in your shot >.<

Also: bought the game today. Good news: the entire family loves it to pieces. Bad news: I HAVE TO WAIT MY FUCKING TURN WHAT IS THIS.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally getting back to this game and damn, I hate "Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight".
So much motion going on and way too colorful.

The missus and I are standing just out of frame in your shot >.<

Aww, should have said hi! I kept coming back to the Sega booth just to loiter.

So for those that weren't at PAX, score challenges were run on the demo stations each day. Friday's challenge was Tell Your World (extreme), and I put this score in:

oC4s4IA.jpg

... which was kinda far from good, but still enough to get first place! Out of like eight people.

Saturday was Senbonzakura (extreme), where I found the soundbars on the demo stations aren't to be trusted and I should be using the public headphones, no matter how sweaty:

7n2p25N.jpg

Fourth place that time. But then Sunday's challenge, The MMORPG Addict's Anthem (hard) rolled around:

3jg5iBg.jpg

Good enough for first again!

Today's final challenge was Unhappy Refrain (hard) but the popularity of the booth exploded, too long for me to be able to wait and put in a score even though it wouldn't be for competition.

Anyway, I'm sort of interested in how you guys would have done in this. Try playing these four songs, just one shot without retrying, and see how well you do! Maybe make this a weekly for fun thing. For extra authenticity, do it standing up with something really loud in the background.

Aytrial

Aww, should have said hi! I kept coming back to the Sega booth just to loiter.

So for those that weren't at PAX, score challenges were run on the demo stations each day. Friday's challenge was Tell Your World (extreme), and I put this score in:

oC4s4IA.jpg

... which was kinda far from good, but still enough to get first place! Out of like eight people.

Saturday was Senbonzakura (extreme), where I found the soundbars on the demo stations aren't to be trusted and I should be using the public headphones, no matter how sweaty:

7n2p25N.jpg

Fourth place that time. But then Sunday's challenge, The MMORPG Addict's Anthem (hard) rolled around:

3jg5iBg.jpg

Good enough for first again!

Today's final challenge was Unhappy Refrain (hard) but the popularity of the booth exploded, too long for me to be able to wait and put in a score even though it wouldn't be for competition.

Anyway, I'm sort of interested in how you guys would have done in this. Try playing see four songs, just one shot without retrying, and see how well you do! Maybe make this a weekly for fun thing. For extra authenticity, do it standing up with something really loud in the background.

What prizes did you get? Well, if there were any besides bragging rights that is.

macklelol

Anyway, I'm sort of interested in how you guys would have done in this. Try playing these four songs, just one shot without retrying, and see how well you do! Maybe make this a weekly for fun thing. For extra authenticity, do it standing up with something really loud in the background.

Ehh, why not, here's how I did.
After I did that, I got a few new perfects
They have the same ratio of cool to good, weird.

Luigi87

I am so jelly of you macklelol, I wish I was that good, lol

I do feel playing Diva F is making me better at the Vita game, if only because I know there's at least some miniscule input lag with my TV, but I can't nail down an adjustment, so I'm best leaving at zero.

Storm360

My PS3 just lost all video output after completing Continuing Dream, restarting seems to have fixed it, but does anyone know what could be the cause, i'm assuming the credits are in a different resolution or something

Yup: Related to resolution, had it again in edit mode, then dropped down to 720p, Game looks awful now but it works fine

My physical copy arrived today [one day before DD release] and I can't get enough. Been playing to for the last two hours non stop. Medium was starting to get a little bit difficult so I've set out to finish every song on Easy and go back to Medium. Just need to get that little bit better.

Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku is the best song so far

So was the only way to get snow miku in the US to pre order from gamestop? I am hoping it will be available later and I didn't miss it.

Ehh, why not, here's how I did.

kBFfMKR.jpg

After I did that, I got a few new perfects

They have the same ratio of cool to good, weird.

I'd totally be too busy laughing at future Rin playing as Miku to concentrate on playing.

Your cool:good/fine ratio should remain relatively constant; if it doesn't either the song is offsync or there is something in the song giving you issues.

So was the only way to get snow miku in the US to pre order from gamestop? I am hoping it will be available later and I didn't miss it.

It'll be available later.

Step

O.O Can we unlock future Rin in the NA version? I though it was DLC only.

I'm having so much fun, but I still can't do the really fast notes, dummy fingers.

Wonko_C

I bet copies of this will be harder to find down the line, puppeteer will be easier to find in stores long after release. It's up to you to decide which do you want to play more, of course.

Warning: the true EU price is the old one (45€ ect). It shows when you go to checkout. Someone at Sony or Sega fucked up. Thanks a lot too since now I have 40€ just sitting on the wallet...

Well I guess I'll get that Puppeteer digital preorder instead after all ._o

Warning: the true EU price is the old one (45€ ect). It shows when you go to checkout. Someone at Sony or Sega fucked up. Thanks a lot too since now I have 40€ just sitting on the wallet...

Well I guess I'll get that Puppeteer digital preorder instead after all ._o

Something is definitely screwy. I just tried the GB link again and now it says it's £36.99, which is more than it's supposed to be.

Something is definitely screwy. I just tried the GB link again and now it says it's £36.99, which is more than it's supposed to be.

Just wanted to point out that i took the project diva this morning ( when i posted earlier ) and that i have the game and that i was debited 39.99&#8364;

Now i check the store and it's back at 44.99&#8364; but if you took it early ( like me ) it was the real price at the time.

In short i was lucky.

Now where is the snow miku costume on the eu store ????
EDIt : heck even on the ps blog post it's 39.99&#8364; ... something is clearly weird here.
Regardless i got the game so i'm happy right now.

Just wanted to point out that i took the project diva this morning ( when i posted earlier ) and that i have the game and that i was debited 39.99€

Now i check the store and it's back at 44.99€ but if you took it early ( like me ) it was the real price at the time.

In short i was lucky.

Now where is the snow miku costume on the eu store ????

Nice that you made out well on the price, relatively speaking. That does remind me that I still need to redeem my Snow Miku preorder code.

Did some small updates to the OP over the day. Launch trailer added, some more/reorganized information.

Seems the UK pricing is still £36.99, £2 higher than it should be. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, quoting myself from another post since it seemed like it really should have been put here in the first place:

This is a tangent, but apparently when dealing with Japanese song translations, the original creator has guaranteed veto rights over any official translation of their work. Project DIVA F has more than 30 song creators involved, which would have made the process of translation a game of tag on a ludicrous scale. There was just no way to get it all done and approved in a reasonable amount of time. It also goes a long way toward explaining why the US Blu-Ray release of the Mikunopolis concert, which does have almost full translation subtitles, took almost two years to come out.

Did some small updates to the OP over the day. Launch trailer added, some more/reorganized information.

Seems the UK pricing is still £36.99, £2 higher than it should be. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, quoting myself from another post since it seemed like it really should have been put here in the first place:

£36.99/€44.99 has been confirmed as the correct price in the UK/EU

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...king-dead-more/comment-page-3/#comment-420417

Top Bottom