• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Aytrial

I'm still on the case with this - just trying to work out how best to set up the stream using two cameras simultaneously (one facing screen, another on the controller). Ideally I'd like to route the PS3 audio directly to the PC for capture (if anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome). Failing that, I might have to look into getting a decent enough mic hooked up... the only problem being that I won't be able to rely on my headset, so my skills may be hampered ;)

Couldn't you set your PS3's audio to a different output besides your HDMI cable, that way you could use a splitter?

Couldn't you set your PS3's audio to a different output besides your HDMI cable, that way you could use a splitter?

I could use an optical cable connected to my audio receiver, but then I need to send that audio out to my audio I/O box connected to my laptop. Perhaps I could use a stereo pair, or perhaps even an S/PDIF connection (might be overkill). The end goal has to be direct audio, if only to make it easier on the viewer by not having to hear my furious button mashing!

I made this yesterday. Have some cute for your morning.

dawwwwwwwww

tumblr_mlor7isREZ1s96b9jo1_500.gif

Kikirin

Recently finished the Hard version of each song, scoring Excellent on all but Sadistic Music Factory.

The game being so heavily combo-based for the upper ratings kills me - I'm more of an accurate player than a consistent one, so it's almost inevitable that I get at least one Safe per song. Depending on where it's made, it's the difference between a heartbreaking 99.7 grade and barely making the 95.0 cutoff. =(

That aside, Tokyo Teddy Bear's really latched onto me. Love its musical style and MV.

Luigi87

Alrighty, been going through Hard mode with Perfectionist.
... Feel like there is no way I'll be able to do PosiNega or Sadistic Music Factory with it <_<

I can't get enough of Melancholic, song is sooo cute.

This is probably a dumb question, but if you were to play the PSP Project Diva games on an American PSP, there's no problems with X or O right? >___>

I mean like you don't need to hit X when O shows up or vice versa?

no , don't worry ...

X & O are still X & O , they aren't reversed.
( except when you're loading a edit file , but that's it )

Roubjon

I can't get enough of Melancholic, song is sooo cute.

This is probably a dumb question, but if you were to play the PSP Project Diva games on an American PSP, there's no problems with X or O right? >___>

I mean like you don't need to hit X when O shows up or vice versa?

No you don't need to do anything weird. It all works how it's supposed to.

EDIT: Dammit.

yyr

I made this yesterday. Have some cute for your morning.

So adorable! Nice work =)

Alrighty, been going through Hard mode with Perfectionist.
... Feel like there is no way I'll be able to do PosiNega or Sadistic Music Factory with it <_<

Don't worry, as your timing improves this will be possible. If I can get through both songs on Extreme with Perfectionist (on Vita) then I'm sure anyone else can do it, with some practice. If you play through the songs in the default order, then by the time you get to those two you should be good to go =)

My copy finally arrived today; can't wait to dive in and get slapped around by the difficulty.

Oh, for my fellow Gamestop pre-orderers...did you get your codes yet? I was thinking about e-mailing them since I have yet to get mine.

My copy finally arrived today; can't wait to dive in and get slapped around by the difficulty.

Oh, for my fellow Gamestop pre-orderers...did you get your codes yet? I was thinking about e-mailing them since I have yet to get mine.

I'm still waiting on my code. If it doesn't come today I'm going to e-mail them about it.

TheWriter

Downloaded the demo out of curiosity. My first rhythm game. It is frightening.
I lost three times on easy on each song. Things are flying all over the place. There are so many colours. It kinda blurs my vision after two minutes.
I feel weird. Will play Atelier Ayesha to calm my racing heart.
Then practice on Easy and Normal via "Tengaku". "Tengaku" is catchy.

Edit: Oh, the cat ears make a difference, I should've known. Of course equipping them lets me finish the songs.
Edit 2: And why is that building suddenly burning? Get out of there, girl!

RMI

Banned
This game is great!

The star notes are a pain compared to the Vita version, but aside from that and a few other minor quibbles (like romaji for the lyrics and not full blown subtitles) it's a great game.

Has anyone who pre-ordered from gamestop online gotten their pre-order codes emailed to them? I'm still waiting on mine and have tried to contact customer support via email but no dice. Any suggestions?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Maaaaaan...the second Technical Zone for World's End Dancehall on Hard...I don't even know how I did it. I just kinda zoned out and the next thing I knew I nailed it.

I love when that happens with rhythm games. When you just kinda zone out and don't even think about hitting the notes. You just do.

Busaiku

Ugh, just couldn't do Unhappy Refrain.
Had to use an item to just barely pass it...

There goes any hope of Extreme.

I probably won't be able to get those last 4 costumes either, but that's ok, I guess.

PewPewK

Ugh, just couldn't do Unhappy Refrain.
Had to use an item to just barely pass it...

There goes any hope of Extreme.

It's hard on extreme, but trust me just keep practicing it and you'll be able to do it fine.

---

Anyway, slightly off topic, but I was able to play Project Diva F 2nd yesterday at the 2013 Magical Mirai festival and boy is it looking good. They introduced two new kinds of scratch notes, one where you have to swipe both fingers at the same time (this was the Vita version) and one where the scratch notes follow a path and you get a bonus for tracking it (or something like that, I had a hard time figuring out exactly what I was supposed to do there). Graphics looked incredible on the Vita, but it seemed to be having some FPS problems, but I suppose that's to be expected from an early alpha version. Anyway, it left me even more psyched to get my hands on it come 2014.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Negaposi*Continues is the most distracting background in anything, ever.

I don't have a problem with that stage. The main stage distractions that stuck out to me were the black and white "why not, I don't know" blending into the prompts in Tokyo Teddy Bear and the chibi bastards flying directly into the screen in God-Tier Tune. I mean of course you're going to look at something that's flying directly at you.

cj_iwakura

I don't have a problem with that stage. The main stage distractions that stuck out to me were the black and white "why not, I don't know" blending into the prompts in Tokyo Teddy Bear and the chibi bastards flying directly into the screen in God-Tier Tune. I mean of course you're going to look at something that's flying directly at you.

Just passed Tokyo Teddy Bear, it was nasty too.

The 'final boss' song was pretty terrifying.

Took me two tries.

Kikirin

Hadn't noticed this before playing on Extreme, but the notechart for Acute is pretty cool with how it ties in with the music and visuals.

It primarily uses X (blue/Kaito), Triangle (green/Miku) and Square (purple/Luka), and their frequency of use is synchronized with whoever's doing most of the vocals for the segment. Kaito's solo section at the start is mostly blues, with a few green and purple notes around when the camera pans over Miku and Luka. Then Miku chimes in with her "answer" section - primarily green - and then Miku and Kaito have their duet section using both their colors. Repeat with Kaito+Luka, etc.

I'll have to keep an eye out for cool thematic visuals like that now.

Whatever. I was supposed to skip Miku for now but with the recent murmurings about botched Vita version of Rayman I might as well bite when this hits EU PSN.

cj_iwakura

Is the editor as glorious as it seems to be? It's basically Stepmania: Miku Edition?

So if I download edits, I need to have the MP3 the uploader used ?

Dude...

Using the Ray-Ban aviator glasses face accessory seriously changes the game from 'Project Diva F' to 'BROCALOID THE GAME,' yo.

Good times.

That is all.

Top Bottom