• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Demoskinos

These new notes are fuuuuuuuuuucking with my head. I love the game very fun. But man some of these new notes where you have to hold multiple buttons at once mess with my head right now. So used to Project Diva's presentation style.

It sucks to have to wait, but I won't buy the North American version until I know for certain that the DLC is coming out.

Currently I own both packs on my Japanese account but none of the DLC. If the DLC comes out in NA, I'll buy 100% of it, but if not, I think I'll just buy the DLC for the Japanese version and live without the menu translations.
The post release DLC is already showing up on the song lists on the English site, apparently. No other details I'm aware of.

Demoskinos

DLC in the JP version.

Well shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That's like one of my favorite Mitchy M songs. I feel shitty for complaining about one song not being in at launch but still lol.

Also I thought there were supposed to be 220 songs if you bought both packs? why I only have 216? Listed?

C107-1XWQAQJYiS.jpg

macklelol

Well shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That's like one of my favorite Mitchy M songs. I feel shitty for complaining about one song not being in at launch but still lol.

Also I thought there were supposed to be 220 songs if you bought both packs? why I only have 216? Listed?

Not every song has a Normal/Easy chart. Every song has a Hard and Extreme chart, so if you bump up the difficulty to Hard, you'll see the full song list.

XaosWolf

My dream scenario would be to get those *amazing* medleys in FT, since those were my favourite part of Diva X - especially the Quirky Medley!

Quirky is the best one by far. I'm bitter about the Cute medley because I love all of Mitchie M's songs and they're all smashed into one. =(

I know we have Freely Tomorrow and Ai-Dee, and AgeAge Again if we get the DLC, but I want a full Viva Happy with awesome PV. =D

Thank goodness we have Hato back finally. Been way too long.

Mandelbo

nevermind... can't even buy these for some reason. fuck sony and fuck their shitty bullshit store.

The game hands out VP like candy anyway, there's basically no reason to get the unlock key since you'll have more than enough for everything sooner or later.

muteki

does the unlock key give me anything i can't get from playing the game?

I believe if you are okay with playing each song once on at least hard, that will give you enough money to buy everything. Or at least get you close, there isn't really any grinding necessary.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

MrDoctor

yeah, i suddenly started having payment issues on my vita and the browser store at some point last year. it's all fine on ps4 for some reason.

It's missing two songs and an updated PV for another, but otherwise it has everything from before X.

Depending on your definition of "updated PV" technically all the updates made for F 2nd are missing... other than chance time success segments it's just minor facial expression tweaks and such though.

mollipen

Is there an idiots guide to what this game is? Does it make all the other Miku games obsolete? Surely not, right?

For me, at this point, it kinda does make all the others obsolete. My favorite release was Project Diva Extend, but all of the songs I loved but one (Last Night, Good Night) from that are here. The tracks I loved from the older games? Also here. F and F 2nd had those garbage Star notes, so good riddance.

The only game I think it doesn't instantly make obsolete is Project Diva X, because that had an interesting concert dynamic going on that I'd love to see expanded upon.

Really, though, I've not got no reason to go back to anything but Future Tone.

antibolo

Banned
I'm most likely in the minority but I still prefer the gameplay mechanics of the F series over Future Tone.

It just doesn't feel as interesting to me without the Technical Zones and Chance Time.

And the combo notes are a pain, especially at Extreme where they can also go vertical (oh and the damn triangles, don't get me started on those).

I know it's never going to happen but I would love Sega to port F and F 2nd to PS4 with 60 FPS, like X.

Depending on your definition of "updated PV" technically all the updates made for F 2nd are missing... other than chance time success segments it's just minor facial expression tweaks and such though.

True, I do kinda miss F 2nd's improvements. I was talking about World's End Dancehall specifically, which is in FT but with a completely different PV.

mrmickfran

Bruh, I just got my ass kicked by Weekender Girl

Fucking Weekender Girl

This is so different from Diva F that it's not even funny

mrmickfran

It makes Diva F obsolete without a doubt. Might sell that. I should've sold it when it was out of print :/

Still hanging on to F 2nd though. Solely because Future Tone doesn't have Kagerou Daze.

antibolo

Banned
It makes Diva F obsolete without a doubt. Might sell that. I should've sold it when it was out of print :/

Still hanging on to F 2nd though. Solely because Future Tone doesn't have Kagerou Daze.

What about the Kagamine Flower Battle or whatever it's called, tho

Dinosur

If anyone is trying to budget their time on downloading/playing the game today... Buying the bundle doesn't actually do anything, you still have to d/l the base game separately before they will install.

FireCloud

Just picked up the bundle.

Does anyone know if this game have any PSVR support? I have Diva X but haven't tried it on VR yet. Was interested if there was any VR support in this one as well.

muteki

Just picked up the bundle.

Does anyone know if this game have any PSVR support? I have Diva X but haven't tried it on VR yet. Was interested if there was any VR support in this one as well.
No.

It can be a bit crazy playing it in cinematic mode on the largest setting though.

mollipen

That song is in Future Sound though...

...are you serious? I went through the entire list trying to check on the songs I care about. Does it have no normal difficulty chart? I wonder if that's the case, and I just totally missed it because I had done my checking before I fully understood that there were a few tracks that only had Hard charts as their lowest options. Or, maybe I'm just completely blind?

Well awesome then!

Jucksalbe

Banned
...are you serious? I went through the entire list trying to check on the songs I care about. Does it have no normal difficulty chart? I wonder if that's the case, and I just totally missed it because I had done my checking before I fully understood that there were a few tracks that only had Hard charts as their lowest options. Or, maybe I'm just completely blind?

Well awesome then!

Yup, for some reason it doesn't have a normal difficulty despite having an easy one. You can easily check what's where on the official site.

Well awesome then!

As far as I know, there is no song where Hard is the minimal difficulty. Every song has either an Easy or Normal chart, but not every song has both.

FireCloud

No.

It can be a bit crazy playing it in cinematic mode on the largest setting though.

Thanks. I can imagine how that large cinematic screen must look :) May give that a try.

I really didn't need this hitting the store right now. I'm really trying to get through finishing/platinuming FFXV. I'm shit at Hatsune Miku but I still enjoy the challenge and the tracks....oh well, saving the world can wait I guess.

macklelol

So the localized version has some of the DLC Extra Extreme charts? I see Two-Faced Lovers has its Extra Extreme chart listed on the official site, but not something more recent like PoPiPo.

I'm guessing that score adjustment patch is also already applied too?

EDIT: I'm dumb, it even says on the song info that it's DLC.

I'm somewhat new to the series and just bought a PS4 like 2 weeks ago. I've played demos of the Miku games on Vita, but that's about it.

I'm assuming this game has just about ever song released in the Project Diva series?

I never cared much for the building your concert or Miku's room stuff in the other games; does this have that?

Demoskinos

I'm somewhat new to the series and just bought a PS4 like 2 weeks ago. I've played demos of the Miku games on Vita, but that's about it.

I'm assuming this game has just about ever song released in the Project Diva series?

I never cared much for the building your concert or Miku's room stuff in the other games; does this have that?

It has like roughly 90% or so of the stuff that came before Project Diva X and no its just 224 songs with the Rhythm game and that's it. No extra fluff like story mode or the room garbage.

SHarris78

Just changed the button layout on my DivaX controller to the 'option b' a couple of pages back, how in the world is that supposed to make it easier!!!!! I'm playing on no fail mode at the moment to try and get the hang of it bu It's impossible! I want to get it down though so I can try and improve on the higher difficulties but man this control scheme is so not natural.

Edit; how do you assign all 4 buttons to, for example, L1? Can't find any control scheme menu in the game at all.

Edit 2; found it!

Top Bottom