• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Just changed the button layout on my DivaX controller to the 'option b' a couple of pages back, how in the world is that supposed to make it easier!!!!! I'm playing on no fail mode at the moment to try and get the hang of it bu It's impossible! I want to get it down though so I can try and improve on the higher difficulties but man this control scheme is so not natural.

At higher levels of play it's easier in that it's what the chords in this game were designed around, but it's not any easier than learning any other control scheme.

If it helps, it's the PS button layout "unwound"; imagine a string running in a circle through the four buttons. Cut the string between triangle and circle and unwind it into a straight line, and the arcade button layout is the result. This also turns patterns that called for going in circles to rolls.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just changed the button layout on my DivaX controller to the 'option b' a couple of pages back, how in the world is that supposed to make it easier!!!!! I'm playing on no fail mode at the moment to try and get the hang of it bu It's impossible! I want to get it down though so I can try and improve on the higher difficulties but man this control scheme is so not natural.

Edit; how do you assign all 4 buttons to, for example, L1? Can't find any control scheme menu in the game at all.

Edit 2; found it!

how did you change the layout? Do you need to open the controller up from the bottom to swap the buttons?

antibolo

Banned
Speaking of the PDX controller, would it be easy to mod the button labels to have the proper layout?

I was thinking about opening mine to try it out but haven't gone around to doing it yet.

SHarris78

how did you change the layout? Do you need to open the controller up from the bottom to swap the buttons?

No I didn't physically move anything, just changed what each button does by using the assign function - though you can change config in the game itself so I got a bit ahead of myself!! Honestly, I've been an hour trying to get this right!

Skyless

Neo Member
Despite not wanting to buy it on Day 1, I bought the Future Tone pack.

The only song I miss currently is Kagerou Days from F 2nd.

The controller itself supports dynamic remapping. It's a bit tricky though. This video might explain it.

Speaking of the PDX controller, would it be easy to mod the button labels to have the proper layout?

I was thinking about opening mine to try it out but haven't gone around to doing it yet.

If you go in from the bottom you could pop out the domes; they're held in by two plastic clips that will allow you to take them out from the top if you push them inwards gently. The spring will also come out, so make sure you put the spring back in place before you reposition them. The wires connected to the buttons aren't long enough to actually remap the buttons themselves in hardware though, so you'll probably still have to rely on the software remapping.

No I didn't physically move anything, just changed what each button does by using the assign function - though you can change config in the game itself so I got a bit ahead of myself!! Honestly, I've been an hour trying to get this right!

You actually do have to use the controller's remapping function because otherwise you run into an issue where you can't press hardware left and hardware right at the same time.

Yup, for some reason it doesn't have a normal difficulty despite having an easy one. You can easily check what's where on the official site.

It really, really bugs me that all the song titles in that site are images for no reason.

mollipen

Yup, for some reason it doesn't have a normal difficulty despite having an easy one. You can easily check what's where on the official site.

As far as I know, there is no song where Hard is the minimal difficulty. Every song has either an Easy or Normal chart, but not every song has both.

Yup, okay. I never go anywhere near Easy, so wouldn't have seen it there, and when I was going through stuff on Hard, I simply didn't think about looking for it. Well, thanks! That makes me even happier now, so I'm glad I mentioned it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Btw., these are the songs missing on Normal difficulty:

Far Away
Jaded
Last Night, Good Night
Packaged
Song of Life
Strobe Nights
Voc@loid in Love
White Dove

It really, really bugs me that all the song titles in that site are images for no reason.

Yeah, makes finding things a bit harder. But at least everything's sorted alphabetically.

SHarris78

You actually do have to use the controller's remapping function because otherwise you run into an issue where you can't press hardware left and hardware right at the same time.

I don't understand - going by the optionB layout a couple of pages back you'd just press the bottom 2 buttons?

Chorazin

I don't understand - going by the optionB layout a couple of pages back you'd just press the bottom 2 buttons?

If you're using the DIVA X minicontroller, he's saying you can use the controller's onboard remapping to make UP change to RIGHT so you can hit LEFT and "RIGHT" at the same time.

macklelol

No, well, you wouldn't be able to press both the left and right button on the left side of the controller at the same time. If you changed the ingame settings to match the option B set up, you'd still run into the problem where you can't do holds that involve both triangle and square or hit chords that involve both triangle and square without delaying one of those two buttons slightly. It's a hardware limitation that you get around by remapping the controller.

I use the mini controller for other games sometimes and it's just a minor annoyance there, but it's a much bigger deal in this game.

Demoskinos

My skills are so gutter trash right now. Although I guess I haven't actually played one of these in awhile in earnest. Gotta train like Rocky get back in fighting shape.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My skills are so gutter trash right now. Although I guess I haven't actually played one of these in awhile in earnest. Gotta train like Rocky get back in fighting shape.

I feel ya. 2D Dream Fever just destroyed me on Normal. Just barely managed to scrape by with 51%. Yeesh.

Demoskinos

I gotta practice those multi button notes, or else I'm gonna keep getting around 65-ish% on 8* songs.

That's one of the things that keeps throwing a wrench in my runs.

On the bright side... having a practice mode that allows you to practice specific parts of songs is something this franchise needed ages ago.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If this wasn't digital only & I had a backlog to deal with, I would've gladly bought this, but I'll just download the main game, get those easy trophies again, then wait for a sale. I'll give credit that $54 for all 200+ songs is still a rather great deal.

Just gonna feel weird playing on a console compared to playing on Vita, plus the fact I won't get to use my headphones.

muteki

If this wasn't digital only & I had a backlog to deal with, I would've gladly bought this, but I'll just download the main game, get those easy trophies again, then wait for a sale. I'll give credit that $54 for all 200+ songs is still a rather great deal.

Just gonna feel weird playing on a console compared to playing on Vita, plus the fact I won't get to use my headphones.

Actually I learned that just plugging your headphones into the DS4 works fine.

Demoskinos

You can plug headphones into the DS4 controller and get the audio via blue tooth.

Yeah, this game expects a higher level of performance from you just on average. A few mistakes and you'll never even catch up with the threshold for an Excellent.

mrmickfran

Cantarella Grace Edition

Saturation is the other song that was present in Arcade but missing in this version. (Flower Fight is the other missing song. Kagerou Daze and Cantarella Grace have never been in Arcade.)
Cantarella is a Kaito song right? So nothing of value was lost.

Wait so the base game is free? So what the fuck did I pay 12.99 for?

You paid for a key that unlocks everything. The full game is $54.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually I learned that just plugging your headphones into the DS4 works fine.

You can plug headphones into the DS4 controller and get the audio via blue tooth.

You can plug your headphones into the controller.
Will this work if I have Bluetooth headphones?

Wait so the base game is free? So what the fuck did I pay 12.99 for?
$12.99 is to unlock every single costume/accessory from the get-go. The "free" part is just 2 songs, or the main "hub".

Kumubou

You can't really compare pass rates in the PS3 games to the arcade, as the PS3 games just required you to hit 80% of the notes with cool/fine grades (plus/minus technical zones and chance time). Whereas the targets in PD:FT are based off a percentage of the calculated max score, so 100% is defined as a full combo and all cools (clear rates over 100% happen due to a bonus on holds and the life meter bonus). So even a 80% rate in Future Tone is much more demanding than it was in the PS3 games, especially since combos count for and against you now.

The game does actually have Chance Time, but it only shows up on Easy and Normal.

kagamin

For my slim I have an hmdi audio splitter that was reasonably priced and works well with my headphones, you just need to manually adjust audio on a per game basis.

So Twitch is cutting my audio from streaming the game, my solution was to just have a mic near the speaker so my friends could hear my output but that's obviously not ideal. Does anyone have some kind of workaround or is this really just a blanket "No" from Twitch or Youtube?

I mean, I understand WHY but it's unfortunate.

kagamin

So Twitch is cutting my audio from streaming the game, my solution was to just have a mic near the speaker so my friends could hear my output but that's obviously not ideal. Does anyone have some kind of workaround or is this really just a blanket "No" from Twitch or Youtube?

I mean, I understand WHY but it's unfortunate.

You can stream the gameplay to your computer via remote play then stream that video feed while playing from your PS4 I guess?

Moraizen

Good news fellow Gaffers, the new entry on Playstation Blog about this game has shed some light over the patches and DLC situation (bolded for emphasis):
First, the western version launching today features all of the updates already applied to the Japanese version — all those tweaks and fixes are currently in place. Second, and this is probably more important, we're going to be supporting all the DLC released in Japan. All three Encore Packs will be released in the Americas at the beginning of February, March, and April respectively for $9.99 per pack, and there will also be a season pass option for all three DLC packs available in February for $24.99.

And as an extra bonus, one of the users there asked about the themes and avatar pack that were offered in the japanese version, to which the SEGA representative replied:
Themes, eh? :3

All in all, great news for all of us and an amazing job on SEGA's part for keeping parity between regions for this release. On a small note, the PS Blog post is just about the American version of the game, but I am very sure that the situation will be exactly the same in Europe.

For those who want to check the full post, here's the link:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/10/hatsune-miku-project-diva-future-tone-out-today-on-ps-store/

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go on PSN and destroy my digital wallet on some Miku goodness for me and my waifu :^)

OverQ

I was hoping to play this with my arcade controller but the buttons simply do not return fast enough for any high speed note sections and even if they did their size means they aren't great for spamming. It does the job and it's fun for some songs on Hard but anything beyond that is going to be a problem. I even tried the following 8 button setup to get around the limitations but it's a little overcomplicated and means using the arcade stick for the L/R notes which isn't practical for harder songs:

T T S S
X X O O

I wish they would release a dedicated FT accessory based on the arcade cabinet! How did Hori manage to produce a Diva X accessory but not a FT one?! It would have truly been absolute perfection.

This is by no means a complaint about the overall game by the way, I'm loving it and will love it using a DS4!

Top Bottom