• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

This game is awesome because it has the best song: Snow Man.
Come at me KAITO haters, I will fight you IRL.

At least the Len version is included as well :p
Finally, is it possible to turn off the speaker sound for those left/right buttons?

There is an option to disaple the DS4 speaker entirely

Wox30gy.png
It's the fifth from the top

Luigi87

They're releasing a mini controller. No controller to the same scale you see here has been announced.

That's fair, I just meant there would be a controller in general.
The arcade uses 100mm buttons right? Does the non-mini version as well?

Edit: Also this game is making me much better at using my off-hand thanks to holds.

How do you play Prelude? Is it a separate downloaded game or an add-on/DLC to Future Tone? I clicked on it from the PS Store on my Japanese PSN account but it seems like it is just firing up regular Future Tone.

Also, watching near-perfect extreme mode replay streams on the PSN community channels...mind-boggling, yo. @_@

yyr

What does this DLC do? Roughly translated in Google Translator:

If I understand correctly, this is a "master key" that unlocks every paid module and accessories, right? If so, pretty pointless if you ask me.

What is the price of this DLC? It won't let me see the item, probably since I'm logged in with my North American account.

I noticed last night that the modules need to be unlocked with in-game currency. If we're talking 500 yen or less, I might do it. I don't have that kind of time any more, and I really do prefer to use the "official" modules with every song, if possible.

How do you play Prelude? Is it a separate downloaded game or an add-on/DLC to Future Tone? I clicked on it from the PS Store on my Japanese PSN account but it seems like it is just firing up regular Future Tone.

"Prelude" refers to the base game, as it is called in PlayStation Store. It only comes with two songs. The two DLC packs are add-ons, and buying both gives you all 200+ songs. The whole overall package is called Future Tone, as that is the name of the game =)

raven777

What is the price of this DLC? It won't let me see the item, probably since I'm logged in with my North American account.

I noticed last night that the modules need to be unlocked with in-game currency. If we're talking 500 yen or less, I might do it. I don't have that kind of time any more, and I really do prefer to use the "official" modules with every song, if possible.

1500yen

Luigi87

Ah thanks. Your controller breakdown is useful as I think down the road I may even try to build an Arcade style controller.

I realize now that I would only need four 100mm, and then can just replace the D-Pad with simple 24mm or something (for menu navigation). The main thing would be just needing to account for the swipes (likely mapped to L1/R1), since... well that's one thing I couldn't really replicate properly.

The economy is super fair, unlocking the required module for every song doesn't seem to be a problem so far. I wouldn't buy the unlock for that

Ah thanks. Your controller breakdown is useful as I think down the road I may even try to build an Arcade style controller.

I realize now that I would only need four 100mm, and then can just replace the D-Pad with simple 24mm or something (for menu navigation). The main thing would be just needing to account for the swipes (likely mapped to L1/R1), since... well that's one thing I couldn't really replicate properly.

Don't forget there are double swipes, and they can be in the same direction. A single L1 and R1 wouldn't be enough.

The best implementation would be, of course, to literally implement the touch slider, which goes all the way across the line of four buttons. But you'd have to build some logic into it; either it emulates the DS4 touchpad for the first touch and an analog stick for the second, or it emulates two analog sticks, again because double swipes exist.

The Arcade Future Tone controls:

Unfortunately, this controller is designed for X. Although I'm sure it will still work with Future Tone, the arcade controller looks like this (and that is a very long slider-pad above the buttons):

divac_01.jpg

I wish we were getting one of these. I like to keep it as close to the actual arcade experience at home as I can.

muteki

The modules in the game are actually pretty cheap VP wise.

You can use the winnings from one song to buy the recommended module from the next, play that one, and so on for quite a while. Many of the older songs don't have a recommended module to purchase anyway, so you can get away with defaults there too.

Also, if I had the time I'd seriously consider getting some parts of Digikey and gutting a DS4 to make a arcade controller...

Luigi87

Don't forget there are double swipes, and they can be in the same direction. A single L1 and R1 wouldn't be enough.

The best implementation would be, of course, to literally implement the touch slider, which goes all the way across the line of four buttons. But you'd have to build some logic into it; either it emulates the DS4 touchpad for the first touch and an analog stick for the second, or it emulates two analog sticks, again because double swipes exist.

Oh right, actually thanks for reminding me.

What about L2/R2, can those be mapped as additional swipes?
Sadly I am definitely not savvy enough to emulate the DS4 touch panel. I mean I would use the DS4 PCB if I could, but I've read that is a very tedious PCB to work with.

Of course I'm only in a brainstorming stage right now. Fund wise it's a far off project (100mm buttons alone are $10 CAD/ea, and don't even include the microswitches)

muteki

Sorry i feel like i'm missing something .

What does this means when the note has a rainbow aura around it ? What should i do ?

They are like the chance time star notes in F, best I can tell.

Meaning if successful there is a little flourish to the PV.
If that is the case then I will have no complaints overall =)
It depends on your rating, and songs with multiple characters will be more costly, but generally, I don't think you will find yourself grinding for VP too often.

If that is the case then I will have no complaints overall =)

Run.

It was the first thing I could think of =\

They are like the chance time star notes in F, best I can tell.

Meaning if successful there is a little flourish to the PV.

Isn't that the final note of the successful technical zone? Usually changes something in PV if you hit it correctly.

I guess i should not have skipped the tutorial..

Sorry i feel like i'm missing something .

What does this means when the note has a rainbow aura around it ? What should i do ?
I believe it is the chance time for this game. Technical does not really exist in this game which is nice.

Honestly it took me a bit to realize Color Tone and Future Sound had different ways of scoring. I think Color Tone you can fail mid-song if the top bar gets too low. Never had an issue, but I think you can.

Honestly it took me a bit to realize Color Tone and Future Sound had different ways of scoring. I think Color Tone you can fail mid-song if the top bar gets too low. Never had an issue, but I think you can.

Er, what? The only way Future Sound and Colorful Tone are separated are that they have independent level gauges that are filled at the results screen. You can fail mid-song regardless of song source.

"Prelude" refers to the base game, as it is called in PlayStation Store. It only comes with two songs. The two DLC packs are add-ons, and buying both gives you all 200+ songs. The whole overall package is called Future Tone, as that is the name of the game =)
Oh ok, I get it, thanks =)

Mairu

Do I have to be logged into my Japanese PSN account to earn trophies? The game shows up on my US profile but the trophies I earned last night aren't visible.

Also, this game is a lot more challenging than Diva F/F2nd! Excited.

Luigi87

Do I have to be logged into my Japanese PSN account to earn trophies? The game shows up on my US profile but the trophies I earned last night aren't visible.

Also, this game is a lot more challenging than Diva F/F2nd! Excited.

Shouldn't need to be. I see my earned ones on my NA account.

Were you maybe playing the game on your JP account by accident?

yyr

I think Color Tone you can fail mid-song if the top bar gets too low. Never had an issue, but I think you can.

Remember that this is the home version of an arcade game.

Just about all arcade music games will have some sort of mid-song failure condition and this game is no different. The life gauge at the top of the screen will decrease when you miss, and if it gets to zero, you fail. You ALSO fail if you get through the song, but did not get enough points to get past the border on the bottom gauge.

This applies for the entirety of Project DIVA Future Tone, not just one pack or the other (as StarCreator already pointed out).

Remember that this is the home version of an arcade game.

Just about all arcade music games will have some sort of mid-song failure condition and this game is no different. The life gauge at the top of the screen will decrease when you miss, and if it gets to zero, you fail. You ALSO fail if you get through the song, but did not get enough points to get past the border on the bottom gauge.

This applies for the entirety of Project DIVA Future Tone, not just one pack or the other (as StarCreator already pointed out).

Yeah -- My guess would be that he turned 完奏モード ON before a song (this makes it so that you don't fail out mid song) and mistakenly thought it was somehow tied to one or the other.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Probably Hongkong. I heard that the HK version is completely in Chinese though and you need to set your PS4 to Japanese if you rather have Japanese text. Don't know if this a big deal for you.

Thanks!

Looks like it's 268 HKD for each pack. No bundle it seems.

Luigi87

Missed getting my first Perfect on Hard by two notes
doubt I'll ever perfect an Extreme, lol

First because I slipped up, so "well guess I'll miss it by one" but then at the end a Triple button... Man, screw the triple buttons o_o
Even if I didn't miss the earlier note, I'd have messed that one up anyhow.

I've been playing NegaPosi nonstop and now I'm getting the hang of the multiple note presses. My brain still stops in a complex sequence but I'm way more calm than before.

Anyway, NegaPosi was my tempo trainer in Diva f and I shoud've use it as a trainer in Future Tone since beginning.

Tenshi

Neo Member
It's more that I generally bring games to conventions for public play and I generally prefer to have everything unlocked before it goes to a show, and I don't think I have the time to grind out 224 songs before Otakon. I own a pop'n music arcade cabinet and I've probably had time to play maybe nine songs on it this year so far.

In the same predicament. With my busy schedule, I don't see myself having all the song difficulties unlocked for the entire track list when I bring my equipment to Otakon for attendees to play. Oh, and StarCreator, let me know how well that converter works out. I may get it for my arcade controller, as well.

The % comp bar and great/excellent ratings still absolutely elude me.

So I play Weekender Girl and get 75% good 24% fine. 1 safe and 1 miss

80% great rating

Play it again and get the exact same thing except 1 safe and 0 misses

93% excellent

How the hell? I know Cools are worth more than Fine but I got the same split each time.

The % comp bar and great/excellent ratings still absolutely elude me.

So I play Weekender Girl and get 75% good 24% fine. 1 safe and 1 miss

80% great rating

Play it again and get the exact same thing except 1 safe and 0 misses

93% excellent

How the hell? I know Cools are worth more than Fine but I got the same split each time.

Seems like hold notes greatly affect your %. I don't know any of the fine details yet, but I got ~103% on a song last night. I also noticed that as I was holding hold notes, my % was going up (even with nothing else going on).

Probably accounts for the swing.

From what I've been able to gather, Completion Rate is an "adjusted score" based on the percentage your score is out of the total possible score, minus hold bonuses (which make up extra percentage, which is why you can get over 100%). I was initially confused as to why the ranking pacemakers were outspeeding my Completion Rate at some points until I realized this also means combo bonus will affect your completion rate.

edit: Also noticed that hold bonus can only get you so much extra percentage before it doesn't give you any more. Upon research, 5%? You still get regular points, of course.

Coming back to the off-sync song phenomena: Freely Tomorrow seemed to be about 1/8 of a beat off and I had to force myself to play late in order to limp to an 80%. Retrying didn't seem to fix the sync. I wonder if there are a few songs that are just off...

Coming back to the off-sync song phenomena: Freely Tomorrow seemed to be about 1/8 of a beat off and I had to force myself to play late in order to limp to an 80%. Retrying didn't seem to fix the sync. I wonder if there are a few songs that are just off...

Had the same problem with Freely Tomorrow, makes it unplayable imo. I hope this is something that they'll fix.

Yeah, I try to show restraint when calling out a game's timing, but there are some songs that are DEFINITELY off-sync compared to other ones. I know off the top of my head Weekender Girl had this issue for me, but I think a few others that were featured in F were like that too (no idea if there's a correlation, lol. idk if they were ported to Future Tone simultaneously). Finding myself needing to shift the timing offset around a good deal too, which has me worried that the timing might just be all over the place. A lot of it could very well just be me, and I really hope that's the case.

Trying out a few songs on Extreme has me even more anxious to get these Hard charts done with, lol. Need to get the muscle memory for triplets down and Hard sure isn't helping with that! I'm thinking I'm going to have to alternate between playing a Hard chart then going back and playing an Extreme chart I got earlier to make it through the list, lol

muteki

I went through a few songs last night where my timing was just horrible, assumed I was tired and needed to call it a day...but weekender girl was one of them...

Kumubou

Do the Japanese and Asian release of the game have different sets of leaderboards? I noticed that I have a bunch of #1 ranks on Hard playing on the Asian version while trying to unlock Extreme charts and that makes no sense, especially since good players would have to play through on Hard at least once.

Regarding Weekender Girl, it definitely felt off but I remember that song being off-sync in F as well -- but I don't think it's a systemic thing or else all of the PD 1st songs would be hosed.

LowParry

Question: With the arrows, do you get penalties for holding down the d-pad and using the face buttons? I know other versions did, just curious if this does. Triple arrows destroy me so hard. I hate it.

Question: With the arrows, do you get penalties for holding down the d-pad and using the face buttons? I know other versions did, just curious if this does. Triple arrows destroy me so hard. I hate it.

The non-slide arrows aren't doubles at all. They're just Triangle and Square re-skinned. (You can also change them back, or you can change X and O to Down and Right arrows, or you can have them all be arrows.)

Top Bottom