• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you been waiting for the Pro or are you upgrading?

Waiting or Upgrading?

• I've been waiting for a Pro exclusively

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I'm upgrading to a Pro from my regular PS5

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • I'm skipping the Pro, sticking with my regular PS5

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • I'm buying a Pro and keeping my regular PS5

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I would wait until the PS5 Pro deployment.

If your patience runs out between now and then, you can go on a month-to-month basis with waiting.

Once that happens, you might be able to get a sweet deal on a Pro in 2026. :D

Have you been waiting out a PS5 Pro or are you simply trading in and upgrading?

MikeM

Gold Member
Im on the fence mainly because my PC does everything I need and then some (7600x/7900xt), but also because all we have are rumours without anything from Sony themselves.

Nankatsu

Yes, I'm upgrading...to a PC.

The Man Reaction GIF by ION Mystery

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t need Pro….I rather spend my money on actual new system like next Nintendo system or PS6.

If I’m that desperate for high tech graphics then I would better off getting PC which will out perform Pro.

Last edited:

Fbh

Depends on the price of the pro and how much of an improvement it is.

But I'll probably just stick with the base model and put that money towards eventually moving to PC

Skifi28

Unless it's somehow terrible or unfathomably overpriced, I'm upgrading. The Old PS5 can go to the bedroom to replace the PS4 pro there which I've been using for remote play.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
There needs to be a proper visual leap over what we currently have, same goes with the PSVR2, if it's just extra frames, then nah

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Borrowing a friends PS5 to play Astrobot! Got it setup and ready to go.
Will get the 5Pro eventually for myself, or wait till the 6.

Cyberpunkd

I would wait until the PS5 Pro deployment.

If your patience runs out between now and then, you can go on a month-to-month basis with waiting.

Once that happens, you might be able to get a sweet deal on a Pro in 2026. :D

Have you been waiting out a PS5 Pro or are you simply trading in and upgrading?
Don’t care, waiting till PS6, and that is not a given. Most likely getting whatever handheld will be most powerful at the time.

J/k, will just get a Steamdeck 2.

Fess

My PC is my Pro.
I’ll stay on PS5 unless the Pro is marvelous as a Bluray player, currently using the PS5 for movies and the coil/fan noise is annoying.

nikos

Bought a PS5 at launch and sold it this year because I never used it.

I'll buy a Pro if (probably when) GTA VI launches as a timed console exclusive.

Mithos

Gold Member
None of the above.

PS5 was always sold out and when it started to be available in a impulse lets buy level, it was too expensive years after the release that at that time waiting for the PS5 Pro was more smart.

Whether or not the PS5 or PS5 Pro will become cheap enough to warrant a buy is another thing though...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sticking to PC, still no reason for me to get a PS5.

Maybe with the Pro out they start releasing more games and some of those might be appealing to me, but for now, they can keep it.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I’ll get a Pro eventually but right now there’s simply no reason to. No games out there are worth buying the system for for a small res or framerate bump.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Console distributors are giving the consumers to choose different versions of their consoles, power, insane graphics, identify differences.

nnytk

Neo Member
I sold my PS5 close to when it just released, back then I didn't feel the need to have/use it.

Fast forward to 2024 and my GPU has been melting and I don't want to replace it atm. Thermal paste and not gaming on my RTX 2080 will probably make it last another year or two.

I also work a lot behind my computer, so manga and console gaming (Switch for now) balance it all out.

All on all I'm very excited for the PS5 Pro. The wait is pretty annoying though.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Gamestop is gonna have my ps5 so i can pay pro half price.

Did the same with ps4 to pro and crom pro to ps5.

The games aren't there. Unless the Pro somehow magically brings more and better games, I'll stick with my OG fat PS5. Mediocre games are still mediocre regardless of resolution 🤷‍♂️

There are like one or two games that actually push the PS5 anyway.

Last edited:

TheHTIC

Neo Member
I traded in my PS5 not long ago for a few reasons.

1. I wasn't playing it much
2. Trade-in for store credit was pretty good.
3. In anticipation of getting the Pro and maybe tackling my backlog at that time .

Thing is, I don't really miss it so I may not be getting one for a while but who knows.

Muffdraul

I can't imagine any reason why I wouldn't just automatically upgrade from my vanilla PS5 to a Pro ASAP. Aside from getting cockblocked by scalper bullshit, naturally.

Neo Blaster

My son's PS4 Pro is defective, so instead of buying a PS5 Slim for replacement, I'm going to buy a Pro and pass current PS5 to him.

I'm just sticking with my launch PS5. If "my kids" "accidentally" sabotage it and it stops working, I may have no choice but to justify upgrading. But what are the odds of that happening?

Top Bottom