• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're nerfing Leeroy, right? Because they're giving Shaman Shadowstep.

Well to be fair, you could already just cast Windfury and attack twice. Not really anything crazy other than having more cards to combo with, windfury works better with rockbiter though since it also doubles that.

Issue is more like finding the combo and putting the guy in lethal range without getting killed. Rogue does that with auctioneer cycling all your 0-1cost crap(most of which is also removal to survive for a few turns before auctioneer) as well as cycling cantrips so you get 2 for one and lets you find the combo as well as some burn in a couple of turns at most. Shaman well, if Leeroy is at the bottom of your deck, you better have a plan B.

The new shaman card works nicely with Deathrattles though, many of which were added and a few that already existed(cairne, sylvanas, abomination, that kind of stuff).

For EU release, they're doing a global release. It says 23rd because they said with timezones it'll probably be the 23rd when they do release. Maintenance supposedly end at 5PM central europe time(so about 4hours later in blizzard time) and they said it won't be available right away so yeah. Might end up being available before the 23rd though, if you live in Bizarro world.

Zemm

When does the season end? I would have thought they'd time it to end/start with the introduction of new cards.

Also do your wins (for 500 wins) reset each season?

NBtoaster

But Shaman can't dig.

Also is Naxx out for EU today or tomorrow? It says 23'rd on the launcher but someone said it's available globally in a 24 hour window starting today?

Far Sight is a form of digging. Far Sight into Leeroy, turn 5 Leeroy Reincarnate Reincarnate. Aggro shaman is here.

Tacitus_

But Shaman can't dig.

Also is Naxx out for EU today or tomorrow? It says 23'rd on the launcher but someone said it's available globally in a 24 hour window starting today?

Tomorrow due to timezones. It launches today in the US, but at that point it's already tomorrow here.

Far Sight is a form of digging. Far Sight into Leeroy, turn 5 Leeroy Reincarnate Reincarnate. Aggro shaman is here.

So what do you do after you've dealt 18 damage on turn 5 having used 4 of your 9 (assuming 3 starting cards drawing one a turn plus one more from Far Sight) cards and leaving the opponent with around 12 HP and two 1/1 Whelps? Shaman can already deal 18 damage using Leeroy with fewer mana and fewer cards (Leeroy, Rockbiter, Windfury)... and as someone that ran/still runs that combo, I assure you that digging to draw it out just isn't very efficient as a Shaman. I don't see Far Sight being much better in the post-Naxx meta either.

ShinNL

I'm a bit torn. As a control player I usually play reactive, but with a 30 card limit I can't tell if I should fill up my list with Kodos and Owls and Spellbreakers, or just play those juicy cards myself and YOLO see what happens.

Equality Combos will not always solve the problem anymore.

:<

I think the strongest class will probably be ramp druid by spamming so many big guys (and now starting from turn 1 :O) with always having the threat of Force of Nature / Savage Roar, forcing the other player to react.

NBtoaster

So what do you do after you've dealt 18 damage on turn 5 having used 4 of your 9 (assuming 3 starting cards drawing one a turn plus one more from Far Sight) cards and leaving the opponent with around 12 HP and two 1/1 Whelps? Shaman can already deal 18 damage using Leeroy with fewer mana and fewer cards (Leeroy, Rockbiter, Windfury)... and as someone that ran/still runs that combo, I assure you that digging to draw it out just isn't very efficient as a Shaman. I don't see Far Sight being much better in the post-Naxx meta either.

I'm only half joking. It's funner to think of silly combos than efficient ones.

Sombody, somewhere will win a game with it.

Well obviously the only time you do see Far Sight being played, guy draws like Bloodlust and kills you next turn with it or stuff like that but yeah it's inconsistent really. You can just run Apprentices to cycle your deck, leaves a "nice" 1/1 on the board to flametongue/bloodlust/argus and in most cases does the same thing. Far sight is only really good if you draw a few key cards to do an even bigger combo, for example Far sight on Alakir, Bloodlust or Leeroy will let you combo them with each other for impressive burst. But a lot of the time you're gonna Far Sight Rockbiter, Lightning Bolt, Earth Shock, Forked/Axe if you run those, and it's like ugh. I guess on average you'll still get your 3mana worth since most other cards cost 3 or more but feels like a very underwhelming play vs drawing 2cards(Arcane Intellect).

I'm only half joking. It's funner to think of silly combos than efficient ones.

Sombody, somewhere will win a game with it.

Oh OK fair enough!

If we want crazy combos, as a Priest:
Turn 2: Coin, Thoughtsteal 2x Innervate
Turn 3: Thoughtsteal 2x Innervate
Turn 4: Mindgames to summon Deathwing, play all four Innervate, cast Divine Spirit and Innerfire on Deathwing, then summon a copy with Faceless Manipulator.

Two 24/24 on turn four.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Alarm woke me... Dead tired... It's not up yet?... Ok... Good night...

GeoGonzo

We've had plenty of discussion on druid of the claw vs ancient of war mechanics but... someone correct me if I'm wrong here:

Reincarnation on a DotC in bear form will probably only heal the card, and it will keep its taunt and 6 max health, while Reincarnation on a defensive AoW will probably remove both the taunt and extra health, right?

CoolOff

I used Far Sight in a deck similar to the Crusher Shaman that's out now. Earth Eles and Rag for 3 less made for some awesome turns.

yeah i thought it was up today but gotta wait until midnight here, so 23rd. its like a whole days wait

They haven't actually specified a time. The date I think is more as a failsafe in case things go horribly wrong and they have to release at that point, but they could like release at 1PM PDT for example assuming maintenance works fine and everything is all worked out, which would end up being 10PM central europe time.

They might just wait for midnight euro time though, don't know. Could also be later, like 2-3AM.

zoukka

We've had plenty of discussion on druid of the claw vs ancient of war mechanics but... someone correct me if I'm wrong here:

Reincarnation on a DotC in bear form will probably only heal the card, and it will keep its taunt and 6 max health, while Reincarnation on a defensive AoW will probably remove both the taunt and extra health, right?

It's weird because both DotC and AoW have the same wording on the card, yet act different. Oh you HS rulings.

ShinNL

The biggest question is. How does one kill a Spectral Knight? Like, think about it. Turn 5. It eats Azure Drakes (lol backstab). It seems it will always require at least 2 cards. It's more like a reverse Azure Drake, make the other people waste their cards.

Minsc

Gold Member
The biggest question is. How does one kill a Spectral Knight? Like, think about it. Turn 5. It eats Azure Drakes (lol backstab). It seems it will always require at least 2 cards. It's more like a reverse Azure Drake, make the other people waste their cards.

Creatures kill it fairly evenly, a 4 cost Sen'jin Shieldmasta will trade against it 1:1. There's probably 3-drops that trade for it 1:1 to (Unbound Elemental does if you use a single overload card).

Thaddius is really unimpressive

Well, you do have to remember it's potentially a 7/4 (or 4/7) and an 11/11 for 5 mana... that's some really beefed out silver hand knight you're getting there. You can combo it in a few different ways too, like a warlock can do a shadowflame + the 7/4 guy to get a 9-mana 7-damage AoE + an 11/11 on the board for free. It's not the greatest, but when you see the 4/7 guy hit the board, you're going to be a bit cautious about how it's removed I think...

Violet_0

Banned
Well, you do have to remember it's potentially a 7/4 (or 4/7) and an 11/11 for 5 mana... that's some really beefed out silver hand knight you're getting there. You can combo it in a few different ways too, like a warlock can do a shadowflame + the 7/4 guy to get a 9-mana 7-damage AoE + an 11/11 on the board for free. It's not the greatest, but when you see the 4/7 guy hit the board, you're going to be a bit cautious about how it's removed I think...

the problem is that a vanilla 11/11 isn't really worth it playing both the other legendaries in a deck imo. If he had some decent game-ending effect, then sure maybe, but with those stats I'd rather just run Deathwing. Also, he apparently had a pretty cool ability in WoW that they didn't make use of

zoukka

Creatures kill it fairly evenly, a 4 cost Sen'jin Shieldmasta will trade against it 1:1. There's probably 3-drops that trade for it 1:1 to (Unbound Elemental does if you use a single overload card).

But in reality, a 1 health Senjin or Unbound is not going to last long on the board, while Spectral Knight can only be either traded with minions or first silenced and then dealt with spells. It's a beefy motherfucked and might be good in Priest decks with Cultist and Farseer heals.

Stalagg and Feugen are hilarious cards because people will get so confused and wrecked both players play them and try to figure out how to sequence their deaths and silencing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really hope that the nerf happens. This weapon is unbelievably frustrating to deal with.

Current:
hLaOWSV.png

Datamined nerf:
IWmv6en.png

zoukka

With poison seeds and starfall? Druid meta has a very beefy mid game. Why would you not want a minion that is spell immune on top of that?

You need to cut something so what is it? You want poison seeds on top of that also? Knight is bad against aggro decks, real bad.

Flayer

the problem is that a vanilla 11/11 isn't really worth it playing both the other legendaries in a deck imo. If he had some decent game-ending effect, then sure maybe, but with those stats I'd rather just run Deathwing. Also, he apparently had a pretty cool ability in WoW that they didn't make use of
The other Legendaries that summon Thaddius are Yeti levels of pure stat efficiency for 5 mana. Currently 5 mana minions is a big hole for many decks so adding the Yeti equivalent drop to that turn is really strong in its own right.

G.ZZZ

The other Legendaries that summon Thaddius are Yeti levels of pure stat efficiency for 5 mana. Currently 5 mana minions is a big hole for many decks so adding the Yeti equivalent drop to that turn is really strong in its own right.

The 4/7 sure, but the 7/4 sucks and trade with all common 4 drops and 3 drops + hero power.

Yoshichan

GTtYoop.png

Oddly enough, Rivendare only has 7 health... wonder how that fight will turn out! Most likely plenty of gimmicks to prevent him from dying easily.

Yoshichan

EU no maintenance, REJOICE!

CyHzKhM.png

Rokam

Then why must Blizzard taketh away in the US. What have we done for them to treat us so poorly? Repent the end is nigh!

Yoshichan

Then why must Blizzard taketh away in the US. What have we done for them to treat us so poorly? Repent the end is nigh!
I think it's fair, since you guys got 40-60 gold extra per day because of infinite quest reroll!

TimeKillr

I think the big problem running them is that your opponent may also be running them.

If one dies on their side and the other dies on your side, you get Thaddius.

So running them means potentially running into a situation where (and this is where it gets crazy) once you get YOUR Thaddius, the other player may get 2 if he hasn't played any of the 2 cards yet. There's a lot of weird interaction that makes them potentially unwanted in a deck. That's the problem with this combo - if both players are running both, you have to start playing against it like crazy, and even if you don't know if he's running them, you have to be extra careful in creating your own Thaddius because you just don't KNOW if he's running them or not.

As just creatures, I figure the 4/7 is much better than the 7/4, simply because doing 4 damage is pitifully easy without hard removal (especially in the 5cc range) whereas doing 7 damage is *much* harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom