• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenaras

How do the class cards rollout?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Anub'ar Ambusher (Rogue) and Webspinner (Hunter) seem like a safe bet for Arachnid Quarter this week. Poison Seeds (Druid) fits the theme of the Plague Quarter next week. Death's Bite (Warrior) and Avenge (Paladin) might be the Military Quarter the week after, but that's just a guess. I can't even guess where the other class cards fit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dog-ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

yoFFu8z.png

Just met a somebody who played Lorewalker Cho, i conceded at the end out of respect for the balls this person has.

I really wanna make a joke deck with him myself.

I don't see why they are mad. The maintenance apparently has nothing to do with the release of naxxramas.

Also am I crazy for playing a gnomish inventor in place of leeroy jenkins?

1-0 so far with my new deck, crushed a druid but was running out of steam. I have sylvanas but all it did was give them a faceless target (sigh). I drew sap a turn later... maybe i should have let their sylvanas live a round to smack face into mine... not sure tbh. I took it out cause I flooded the board with lower minions due to defias ringleader but I guess I could have just let him trade.... hmm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nooooo :( I guess it is at rank 8 that I'm "capped" since I am now running into people with 5-6 legendaries.

FUCK!

But today was the most progression I've made in Hearthstone since beta days. Good shit!

scy

Just think of them like the basic set. You'll unlock a playset of each so 2x for Common - Epic and 1x for Legendaries. The rarity is primarily there for Arena and to factor the dust cost for Golden versions.

Yoshichan

Wait! The pelt on the down right side of the map... I had no idea it changed shape when you clicked the shit out of it! And here I was, thinking I knew about everything you could click on.

ZsOknIU.png

Yoshichan

People underestimate how good Blizzard "launch servers" are lately.

It's an old thing and people are still stuck in that world. The "older" games that launched (TBC, WotLK, SC2 and D3) were all complete disasters. However, SC2: HotS, Cata, MoP, D3: RoS and Hearthstone were all released without too many disconnects and whatnot.

Blizzard's fixed their shit.

Guess it depends if they made it so it's hosted locally with internet check at the start/end or if they're hosting the whole thing on their servers, which basically means there's gonna be twice as many games as usual since naxx games only host one player, which I'm sure will ruin the servers. Maybe they have some smart system to handle that, but yeah, chances of playing this first day might not be too great, but one can hope. RoS wasn't too bad for example even though a lot of people came back to play the expansion. From what I heard the last wow expansion was also rolled out without trouble(and maybe cata too, haven't played since wotlk which as far as I remember went alright but had trouble with dungeons/instances being full for like a month).

Wait! The pelt on the down right side of the map... I had no idea it changed shape when you clicked the shit out of it! And here I was, thinking I knew about everything you could click on.

ZsOknIU.png

No wonder you get mad sometimes. You haven't been beating the pelt when the game is frustrating! Beat the shit out of it.

How do purchases work on b.net regarding tax?

If you have a $25 credit, will that cover Naxz, or will tax be charged?

Depends on your location and they don't actually warn you (as in tell you the actual amount of taxes being charged or whether you are going to be charged). It should show up on a receipt via email I guess.

How do purchases work on b.net regarding tax?

If you have a $25 credit, will that cover Naxz, or will tax be charged?

I just checked my receipt for RoS and there's no tax. And I live in California so if anyone was going to get charged sales tax it was gonna be us.

edit: my ground fruits don't respawn anymore. I'm considering reinstalling the client.

JesseZao

No wonder you get mad sometimes. You haven't been beating the pelt when the game is frustrating! Beat the shit out of it.

Depends on your location and they don't actually warn you (as in tell you the actual amount of taxes being charged or whether you are going to be charged). It should show up on a receipt via email I guess.

I just checked my receipt for RoS and there's no tax. And I live in California so if anyone was going to get charged sales tax it was gonna be us.

edit: my ground fruits don't respawn anymore. I'm considering reinstalling the client.

Alright,cool.

I wanted to gift naxx to a friend.

Minsc

Gold Member
That was a pretty amusing ranked win as Priest (clearing dailies)... it's turn 8 or so, Druid has me to like 18, and I had just played a Thought-Stolen Ancient of War in response to his Ancient of War. So he Faceless' mine (it was 5/12), then silences it, and hits me for 10 with his two minions (AoW + Azure Drake) and hero power, bringing me to 8, which turns out to be a mistake for him.

My turn was fun, double blood giants and a mountain giant and a DoA between the blood giants haha. Well that goes down ok, he is able to clear the two taunted 9/9s and gets me down from 8 to 3 on his turn, leaving my silenced AoW and Mountain Giant as he still has a lot of health.

Next turn another DoA between the MG and 5/5 AoW, followed by a SW:D on his 5/12 AoW and a heal to bring me out of swipe range back to 5, and to his face for 15 bringing him to under 10. His turn he throws up a DotC and doesn't manage to get through the taunted minions, so it's his last turn... really fun battle of the giants, wish I took some screens lol.

Overcoming a zoolocks strong start and winning while freebird is hitting its apex... delightful timing.

Whenever I hear that song I think of forest gump when jenny was standing at the top of that building about to jump off.

Yoshichan

I got dis
Aww :(

Sucks btw that you're streaming so late (EU time), I need to head to bed since it's 4:20am... And my brain's gotta be all warmed up and non-dizzy for DAT NAXX MOTHERFUCKING RAMAS!

Geeeeeet HYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!

Jedi2016

Been playing more lately in prep for Naxx. And yep, I still suck. Can't seem to put together a decent deck, and can't seem to do the right things with them. Bought a bunch of new cards the other day, got a Rag, which helps. Switched to an old Mage deck I made before all the new cards, didn't change a thing, went 2-1 (only played for a little bit), and the two wins were quick and brutal. All I'm trying to do is slog my way to 20 for the card back (which is quite a feat for me, believe me), this mage deck actually gives me some hope I can do it.. lol.

I did have a good first-hand draw the other day on one of my Druid decks.. Innervate into Questing Adventurer, then Coin into Leper Gnome. That's a 4/4 and a 2/1 on turn one.

Raxus

I look forward to crushing Naxx with my ramp druid and Warrior. Shame it can't be released all at once. Knowing my luck the priest card will be the last card released.

Well it's not a playable card, it's a NPC card, at least based on the datamining, so it'll do something when you kill it after Kelthuzad plays it most likely, but that's about it.

NBtoaster

Maexxna doesn't seem that great. It could be a blank 6/6 and have pretty much the same effect.

Kel'Thuzad is amazing but still a month away..

zawii

Neo Member
So what is exactly the appeal of the expansion? I mean, even i fell for the 'save the gold for Naxx' but I am not sure there is something more into it than a new cards that I hope will shift the meta somehow - it is a single player content in the first place still.

I know there might be people waiting for the SP challanges but I really do not think it is what the main focus for the Blizzard should be.

Or should I percive it as a fancy way to unlock the cards and a fanservice for the warcraft lore fans? I am not that into Blizz/Warcraft after all.

Tarazet

I will love to have some PvE content to do. I dig the hell out of RPGs that take place in the form of games.. Puzzle Quest, Baten Kaitos, Culdcept, etc. So I think I'll really enjoy this.

scy

It's pretty much just a neat way to unlock cards, basically. And it's an Adventure Mode thing, not really an expansion. Unless something has changed internally for the design of Hearthstone, they plan to have Adventure Mode "Raid" content as kind of a fun Warcraft throwback and as a way to introduce some new cards via PvE content and not just buying packs; expansions will be bigger content that comes with new packs instead.

So, yeah, fancy way to unlock cards that serves as some WoW nostalgia.

zoukka

If Naxx is anything like the tutorial then it'll be fucking awesome. Voice acting, silly heroes and cards and it'll serve as a good stress free alternative to ranked and arena.

Also a great way for new HS players to warm up before getting rekt by 10 legendaries in a row against their basic decks.

Well it's not a playable card, it's a NPC card, at least based on the datamining, so it'll do something when you kill it after Kelthuzad plays it most likely, but that's about it.

But it does have the rarity gem or are these leaked cards fan made based on pure text? I was wondering about the images on some of the cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom