• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

So is this expansion going to be just adding the new cards into the mix, or are they going to be purchaseable seperate from what we already have? Or another event like Naxx?

Minsc

Gold Member
So is this expansion going to be just adding the new cards into the mix, or are they going to be purchaseable seperate from what we already have? Or another event like Naxx?

I believe expectations are a new set of expert cards, that you buy with gold, money, or craft with dust (potentially a new kind of dust), and maybe even win in Arena like you win expert cards now.

johnsmith

remember me
Somebody got banned for win trading at for top legend rank and claims it's rampant.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2ktrci/finally_i_got_banned_a_look_at_blizzards/

And statement from blizzard
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15084018278#1

Fair play is at the heart of Hearthstone. The Ranked Play ladder is a place where players have the opportunity to duel and gauge their card-slinging prowess while climbing the ranks. Participating in Ranked Play should be fun, exciting, competitive, and fair.

We’ve recently banned Hearthstone accounts that were found to be participating in win trading. Win trading at any rank is something that we do not take lightly, and is in violation of our Terms of Use. As we mentioned in our previous statement regarding fair play in Hearthstone, instances of cheating will not be tolerated. Accounts that were discovered participating in win trading have received permanent account closure and disqualification from events where ranking is used as a method of qualification.

Volimar

If you're a priest player, you're probably the kind of asshole that only plays control blue in MTG.

Also, I am Sisyphus, and rank 6 is my hill. Can't get past it.

If you're a priest player, you're probably the kind of asshole that only plays control blue in MTG.

yeah i always bump up against the non-win streak ranks and then lose interest in the grind. 3 is the highest i've ever bothered to go.

Maybe the boulder you're pushing is just too heavy and needs to be exchanged for a different one.

And since you clearly believe in greek/roman gods, RNGesus spurns you.

There's no way the leaked cards are real, or if they are real they certainly won't be in that form when they're released. Mostly cause the cards are either awful or overpowered.

For instance the 7/7 for 7 that when you draw does 2 damage to the entire board. Which could basically be: When you draw this card, deal to 2 damage to both heroes; or maybe: When you draw this card unintentionally activate your opponent's Nerubian eggs. It's just so stupidly random. And then when you get to play the card, its effect has already happened, so you're playing a War Golem.

And then you have the Iron Juggernaut, which when you play it as a 6/6 (only one health off boulderfist), you will at some point in time get a free 10 damage on your opponent's face! When would you not play this card? The 6/6 body is already decent and the random 10 damage is just bonus!

There's no way the leaked cards are real, or if they are real they certainly won't be in that form when they're released. Mostly cause the cards are either awful or overpowered.

For instance the 7/7 for 7 that when you draw does 2 damage to the entire board. Which could basically be: When you draw this card, deal to 2 damage to both heroes; or maybe: When you draw this card unintentionally activate your opponent's Nerubian eggs. It's just so stupidly random. And then when you get to play the card, its effect has already happened, so you're playing a War Golem.

And then you have the Iron Juggernaut, which when you play it as a 6/6 (only one health off boulderfist), you will at some point in time get a free 10 damage on your opponent's face! When would you not play this card? The 6/6 body is already decent and the random 10 damage is just bonus!

Yeah, the Iron Juggernaut would be in every single non-Zoo deck. Way too good. Should cost 10 mana since it is basically a delayed Pyroblast for only 6 mana but also summons a 6/6 as it currently stands. Fun idea for a card, but would need a huge nerf.

Yeah, the Iron Juggernaut would be in every single non-Zoo deck. Way too good. Should cost 10 mana since it is basically a delayed Pyroblast for only 6 mana but also summons a 6/6 as it currently stands. Fun idea for a card, but would need a huge nerf.

Apparently the Iron Juggernaut is supposed to be restricted to just warrior, which means that the control warrior would be even easier. Control Warrior, supplier of enraged Grommashes and Alexstrasza's, now bringing you a random chance of eating 10 damage in the face!

Haunted

Somebody got banned for win trading at for top legend rank and claims it's rampant.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2ktrci/finally_i_got_banned_a_look_at_blizzards/
:lol The mental gymnastics these people do to try and justify their cheating boggles the mind.

I blame blizzard for setting up a condition to encourage players to do win trade. Those people who win traded are probably the people who were most passionate about the game and did not want to get behind because all the others were win trading. It is a vicious trap that blizzard has set up so that people will get tempted.

johnsmith

remember me

I play undertaker priest, but just played a control jerk who thoughtstole my sylvanas twice. I hate priests.

Volimar

Just played the same guy three times in a row. Beat him the first two, and then when I saw him again, I shot him a "Greetings" and he insta-conceded. lol

Just played the same guy three times in a row. Beat him the first two, and then when I saw him again, I shot him a "Greetings" and he insta-conceded. lol

Whenever I play the same guy in a row in Casual, I usually insta-concede. Don't feel like playing the same person twice.

Minsc

Gold Member
I hate the delay in conceding during the opponent's turn. Fuck his BMing.

It's kinda fun actually, nothing more entertaining than having something like that warsong commander, and playing two armor smiths and two berserkers on a nearly full board, then hit everything for one damage twice, and queue your attacks. It's like 2 minutes of pure awesome, which if you did fast enough they can't escape from.

There's not actually a delay in conceding either. It happens the instant you do it, that is it is placed in to the queue. If you place a concede in the queue before your opponent places anything in the queue the concede is instantaneous. If you're too slow to know to concede, and give them the chance to run through 5 actions first, you sit through the animations because your concede is now 6th in line.

gutshot

Amaz leaves Team Liquid to start his own team.

After some discussion between myself and Amaz, we came to a joint decision to release him from his contract. From today, Amaz is no longer member of Team Liquid. This comes a little sooner than expected, as his contract was to run a while longer. When we sat down together to talk about the future, Amaz let us know that he wants to try to form his own team. As a fellow team owner, this is an ambition I can understand and respect. I've gotten to know Jason as a professional who knows what he wants and how to get there. If he has his eyes set on making this work, I expect him to do just fine for himself.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/470310-short-but-sweet-amaz-and-liquid-part-ways

DHFIQkk.jpg

This is by far one of the most value-loaded decks I've ever drafted. Razorfen Hunter is the weakest link and I'd have loved to swap that out for a Holy Nova. We'll see how it goes since it is so minion-heavy.

Versus a Druid that was way behind me on cards-in-hand and board control. The poor sap cast Mark of the Wild on his Venture Co. Merc. on the same turn he played the VCM... I Mind Controlled it which gave me a 2 for 1. Next turn he Naturalized it. I ended up gaining net 1 card while he lost 3. It was essentially a 5-for-1 trade as I gave up Mind Control, gained two other cards, but took out his Venture Co. Merc., Mark of the Wild, and Naturalize. Such value. He was long dead anyway and just kept staling with Healing Touches, but still.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
gallywix literally gives you infinite mana, this is so fake

and Iron Juggernaut is a 6/6 for 6 that deals an RNG pyroblast for 0 mana AND skips your opponents draw

CMON
But the explosive mine sounds fun!

But the explosive mine sounds fun!

Goblin Sapper: 3 mana, 2/2. Battlecry: Shuffle a Landmine card into your opponent's deck.

Landmine: 1 mana, Summon a 0/1 Mine with Taunt and Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to all minions. When this card is drawn, deal 2 damage to this hero and discard the card.

Something more like this seems reasonable and I would say quite fun. Added bonus: if they have Spellpower minions, the Landmine deals additional damage to the hero. Since Landmine counts as a spell, it would also duplicate when drawn via Lorewalker Cho, allowing people to play it from their hand as a 1 mana spell that summons a Mine minion.

Dreavus

gallywix literally gives you infinite mana, this is so fake

and Iron Juggernaut is a 6/6 for 6 that deals an RNG pyroblast for 0 mana AND skips your opponents draw

CMON

I guess a coin is a spell, isn't it?... Yeah that card straight up doesn't work as written.

Neat idea though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It could foreshadow the unspellification of the coin, turning it into its own card that's neither minion nor spell.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well on the one hand the cards themselves seem to match up with the teased mechanical theme of the expansion pack.

On the other hand they seem completely whacky unbalanced.

Kettch

The problem with removing the coin as a spell (or a combo card) is that it'll upset the near 50-50 winning balance between going first and second. Going first already has a slight advantage overall, and this would hurt going second even more.

I'm all for finding a way to do it though. I'm actually not happy at all with an overall balance that ignores individual matchups. The coin is obviously more desirable in some decks (rogue, mana wyrm mage, wild pyro priest...being against counterspell) than others. Meaning that to achieve a 50-50 overall win rate, going second with those decks will be an advantage while going second with decks that don't utilize the coin will have to be a disadvantage.

Hopefully Blizzard can find a way to get around that, but I don't expect it to be particularly easy.

So a built a deathrattle tempo druid deck I am enjoying right now in casual.

2x innervate
2x undertaker
2x leper gnome
2x power of the wild
2x haunted creeper
2x loot hoarder
1x nerub'ar weblord
2x savage roar
2x harvest golem
1x poison seeds **
2x swipe
2x cult master ***
2x keeper of the grove
1x loatheb
2x slude belcher
1x force of nature
1x cairne bloodhoof
1x sylvanas windrunner
1x Cenarius

*mixed results so far, I've only played him once and then top decked my only battlecry minion the next turn, but it didn't disrupt and my opponent did have a defender of argus in his deck so mixed results tbh. I am mainly running this card for priests and to prevent loatheb from ruining my day as hard, also decent vs zoo.

**total experiment, has been dead card so far in every match up but I haven't faced handlock nor have I really even lost board control much to the point I'd use this either... this could probably be something more useful like BGH if I am worried about giants.
(has been cut for a second savage roar)

***so far awesome, used FON to get a 4/2 and 3 card draws? heck yeah. But that did cost me the possibility of combo since I only run 1 FON.

I have so far beaten 2 hunters, 2 druids, 1 rogue.

Not a great sample size by any means or stretch of the imagination, particularly since one of those hunter match ups I got a undertaker, into turn 2 undertaker + leper gnome (he conceded). The other hunter I innervated out a harvest golem. The miracle rogue sapped an undertaker (lol). And the druid match ups could have just been luck, I've heard druid mirror is a lot of luck based, but I am playing a deck that should start consistently well.

There are 15 cards in the deck should are suitable for mulligan. That is pretty fantastic imo and means I can mulligan hard for undertaker, cause I will likely have a decent starting curve anyway. I'm thinking that 12 or 13 of 15 of those < 4 drops are good for opening hand. Power of the wild is a card I'd exchange for another most of the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Coin is one of those things that gets harder to change down the road, since it's an integral part of the game as it is. They would have a shitstorm on their hands if they realized Coin was limiting their design space 1-2 years of new cards later.

So, if it's going to be changed at all, let it be changed now to minimize the damage to the game's balance.

New Dream:
T8 - Lorewalker Cho + Coin + Gallywix + Prep + Sap + Prep + Conceal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom