• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I'd be interested in how poison seeds performs. I had toyed with the idea of making a similar aggro druid type deck with it as a way to help reclaim lost board control.

Main problem with it that I see is unlike FoN, the treants you summon don't have charge, so your opponent gets to clear the board and then can just drop more minions. There's no real tempo gain. If you can pair it with a Starfall, you at least get a full board clear but 9 mana is crazy expensive.

Of course using against handlock on a double molten/argus combo is the dream, but I struggle to think of other scenarios where it would really shine.

New deck got its first loss, but tbh... I got 0 of my four card draw minions against a control paladin as well as 0 power cards like power of the wild and savage roar or force of nature. Pretty odd that I went through 18 cards without seeing one of those.

edit:
Oh, slight fix on the list. I put down 2 savage roars. I replaced poison seeds with a second savage roar. I always wanted 2 savage roars. Plus the card is pretty bad lol. I don't feel like swapping in something like starfall for a 9mana board clear, that would suck. And I am not interested in putting in spell power to make swipe into a board clear either. Poison seeds may work somewhere, but it isn't here.

But nerubar weblord is a champ that I may try to fit 2 of in.

edit2:
Wow, I can't believe I just beat this miracle rogue. I screwed up a bit early on and should not have played as aggressive, so I thought I was screwed pretty hard when he was around 21 hp around turn 8, with pretty strong board control. I did force him to use a good amount of his cards like shadowstep. Then on turn 8 I did a force of nature, innervate, cult master combo and managed to clear board and draw some cards (including a second savage roar). I played 3 minions, cult master, haunted creeper, and loot hoarder... all he does in response is dagger up after hitting face. Which let me power of the wild, double savage roar, lmao... 7 damage board became about a 26 damage board.

I almost didn't do the force of nature cycle thing cause I figured there was no way I could win without some combo, but I realized I could still win just with savage roar alone AND that the way he would kill me next turn likely involved cold blood. And I actually recognized this the turn before I even did the FON+innervate+cult master, so I feel pretty good about that cause it allowed me to set up a board that I could clear with FON alone.

johnsmith

remember me
☑ “This team's salary is CRAZY!” ☑ “Reynad's contract can't win against a salary like C9's” ☑ "They NEEDED precisely those bonuses to get me to sign" ☑ “They bribed the only player that would turncoat” ☑ "They had the perfect negotiator" ☑ “There was nothing Reynad could do” ☑ “I backstabbed that perfectly

johnsmith

remember me
Looks like Tides might be getting ddosed. His stream keeps going down, and he can't connect to the game. His chat is super pissed at him.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm playing around with an interesting take on miracle. I didn't pull this from Hearthpwn, just an idea I had. Not sure if this has been done before but I thought I'd try it out.

VGAdpJj.jpg

The interesting cards here are Master of Disguise and Questing Adventurer. Getting a Questing Adventurer into a permanent stealth is extremely scary for your opponent. You can keep it out of range of most AOEs, so only Brawl, Pyro+Equality, and sometimes Shadowflame are the credible threats. You can also Shadowstep the Master of Disguise in order to keep a healthy supply of stealths ready. Attack with the Questing Adventurer at high attack, use Master of Disguise of stealth it again, Shadowstep the MoD back, rinse and repeat. It's a lot of fun!

johnsmith

remember me
Just played the same control hunter twice in a row. WTF. You assholes aren't supposed to try new decks. This asshole had more legendaries than a control warrior. I'm salty bc I lost twice. =(

Malygos druid? Really? Why are people playing shitty decks and why am I losing to them? Other than the fact that they're all getting insanely lucky.

Zeroth

Looks like Tides might be getting ddosed. His stream keeps going down, and he can't connect to the game. His chat is super pissed at him.

After hearing he was having money problems due to not getting the China money, I can understand switching teams. That said, forsen came to his chat today and called him 'TidesofSellout" :kappa

Haunted

Just played the same control hunter twice in a row. WTF. You assholes aren't supposed to try new decks. This asshole had more legendaries than a control warrior. I'm salty bc I lost twice. =(

Malygos druid? Really? Why are people playing shitty decks and why am I losing to them? Other than the fact that they're all getting insanely lucky.
Who decides they're shitty? Because you haven't seen them on your favourite streams yet? :p

I've lost to a Murloc Druid earlier. Yeah, I didn't know what was happening either. :p

it's hard to play against something you're not expecting because your mulligan is very, very important.

like recently i lost to this lame reincarnate/earth elemental shaman because i was expecting regular shaman. i barely lost. thankfully i queued up against them for the next game and kept TBK and SW:D in my opening hand and went on to an easy win.

gutshot

I don't know why I keep playing arena. It almost always comes down to a top-deck war and I never seem to get the better of those. It sucks because I feel like I am playing the early and mid-game stuff perfectly, yet always lose the top-deck war when my opponent is drawing stuff like Alexstraza and I'm playing freakin' river crocs.

/salt

imBask

Banned
I don't know why I keep playing arena. It almost always comes down to a top-deck war and I never seem to get the better of those. It sucks because I feel like I am playing the early and mid-game stuff perfectly, yet always lose the top-deck war when my opponent is drawing stuff like Alexstraza and I'm playing freakin' river crocs.

/salt

play for fun.

kirblar

I wonder if sales will take a hit with the mech X-Pack simply because people can stockpile a lot of dust in preparation for it.

Zeroth

I wonder if sales will take a hit with the mech X-Pack simply because people can stockpile a lot of dust in preparation for it.

I kinda wish they offered it ala Naxx (offering a safe way to get all cards), though that would certainly make the number of new cards much lower. Either way, I'm saving my dust from here on for it.

Slashlen

I'm not sure how much I buy into that. The people who have what they want in the current content are probably stockpiling anyway(and not currently buying), and those who still have stuff they want to earn are at a minimum going to divert their resources if they want the new content. If anything, I'd expect a spike due to the people who can't stockpile enough but want it all now anyway.

kirblar

I kinda wish they offered it ala Naxx (offering a safe way to get all cards), though that would certainly make the number of new cards much lower. Either way, I'm saving my dust from here on for it.
I saved up 4-5K gold just doing dailies (and even skipping a few months) in prep for it.
I had 5K dust and the expansion slipped my mind, so I crafted three legendaries instead. I ain't even mad.
Yeah, given their slow turnaround time, you'll probably have even more dust by the time it's live.

My deathrattle tempo deck vs freeze mage actually won somehow.

Doesn't hurt that I had this opening:

Undertaker
coin
undertaker
innervate
loot hoarder

(13 stats hit the board turn 1)

turn 3:
harvest golem

turn 6:
sludge belcher (over sylvanas, saving that for the turn before alexstrasza)

turn 7:
mage is finally out of freeze cards
keeper silences doomsayer
haunted creeper off the top to deal 18 damage breaking ice block, 3 hp left
swipe in hand (he conceded)

My undertakers ended up having 6 attack btw. 2 one mana boulderfists ogres balanced right? lol

Zeroth

Forsen made over $900 today on stream donations alone, $700 from like 4 donators. Meanwhile, this morning tides only removed trump chat mode after he met his subscriber quota.

At this point, I think Buzzard just needs a rework. The card itself isn't useful as is. Blizzard doesn't want it to be useful cause it has too much utility for the class. So just revamp the fucking card lmao. No class card should be useless.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Honestly I don't think Bestial Wrath is that bad of a card, it just doesn't fit for what hunter is really trying to do. Hunters don't play the board game in quite the same way. Otherwise I'd say it's probably a better card than something like Hand of Protection.

Why are Savagery and Bestial Wrath useless? o_O
The others I understand though. Especially the Shaman one.

Savagery might be the worst class card in the game. You pretty much have to combo it with Claw, Bite, or Savage Roar to get any use out of it. If you combo it with Claw or Savage Roar, than it's barely better than something like arcane shot or holy smite. And bite is almost never run, except maybe in arena, because swipe is so much better..

gutshot

What's that one card that is "draw a card and deal damage equal to its mana cost"? That one is pretty terrible. Although there is always the molten giant dream.

Dreavus

Farsight doesn't seem so bad. At the absolute worst it cycles are card and you lose two mana (if you hit a 1 drop), which is pretty damn terrible, but in most cases it either directly cycles itself for free or lets you accelerate out something big.

Zeroth

Farsight doesn't seem so bad. At the absolute worst it cycles are card and you lose two mana (if you hit a 1 drop), which is pretty damn terrible, but in most cases it either directly cycles itself for free or lets you accelerate out something big.

I think it would fit Druid much more. Shaman has Mana Tide Totem to draw cards from, whereas Druid has.... I dunno, Wild Growth after turn 10?

inky

What's that one card that is "draw a card and deal damage equal to its mana cost"? That one is pretty terrible. Although there is always the molten giant dream.

Holy Wrath, and it was only useful in joke decks, like, put a bunch of giants and dragons in it, but I don't necessarily feel it needs to be more than that.

Savagery is just plain awful.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont want forsen to get banned from twitch :(
Dude is playin' with fire right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom