• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I meant how do you guys play Arena so often, as getting gold to unlock its quite slow, unless you guys spend 1.5 euros every time.
If you go through these and then use a list to draft high stat value minions you should pretty easily be able to get at least 4-5 wins or so each arena run, which will net you 100-120+ gold: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

I'd suggest making sure you draft lots of high value 2-3 drops so you can assure you have a good early game, keep a healthy number of 4 drops, and then ensure you have at least a few finishers and later game minions. Removal and board clears are also very good as long as they're sufficiently efficient.

If you get to 7 you get all your money back and can play again for free effectively.

From dailies you get 40 or 60 gold, and every 3 wins in Play mode is another 10, so you can play a ton of arena if you get to a more stable foundation.

But basically ensure you're good at the fundamentals of the game outside of any grand strategy that a pre-constructed deck might have and you should be able to go pretty far.

Just had a Druid use Naturalize and Grove Tender to get me to double Fatigue on the same turn for lethal. Smart move too, I just had lethal.

I faced one of these mill druids... what a pain in the ass. Normally it wouldn't have worked against my type of rogue deck but I was trying out a very greedy and slower rogue variant and he just had the luckiest hand ever...

Coldlight oracle

into brewmaster, double naturalize

cold lirght oracle and grove tender...

I was down to fatigue while he had like 10 cards left in his deck and lost my second blade flurry so I couldn't retake board in any meaningful way.

So guys what's your GvG MVP card so far?

For me its without a doubt

12296.gif

The times where he just either puts me back in the game or gives me board control is like 70-80% of the game's. Also has made plenty of people ragequit.

Voljin is really strong when you have the removal already at hand, but I've noticed priest decks becoming way more reactional and even way more combo dependent than before which just can't be good for the class.

Voljin is just too strong to cut, but having him might lead people to not using other combos like shrinkmeister + cabal shadow priest or shadow madness.

ViviOggi

Have I already gotten used to it or did my worst fears come true and Blizzard actually patched out whatever made all animations go so much faster after the pre-launch update?

Dahbomb

If you go through these and then use a list to draft high stat value minions you should pretty easily be able to get at least 4-5 wins or so each arena run, which will net you 100-120+ gold: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

I'd suggest making sure you draft lots of high value 2-3 drops so you can assure you have a good early game, keep a healthy number of 4 drops, and then ensure you have at least a few finishers and later game minions. Removal and board clears are also very good as long as they're sufficiently efficient.

If you get to 7 you get all your money back and can play again for free effectively.

From dailies you get 40 or 60 gold, and every 3 wins in Play mode is another 10, so you can play a ton of arena if you get to a more stable foundation.

But basically ensure you're good at the fundamentals of the game outside of any grand strategy that a pre-constructed deck might have and you should be able to go pretty far.
I would add to this that now you also want a few high value 3 drops. Spider Tank is godly, it's basically a 3 drop version of Yeti. Some of the classes have great 3 drops now as well like the Priest.

Zeroth

Doctor Boom is amazing in a warrior deck because its 1HP minions have a good synergy with the warrior abilities (in particular, Death's Bite effect and Whirlwind).

I was thinking about doing something like that with a Priest actually. Could run a lot of silences for your opponents minions as well. Might be fun in the alleged burner Priest deck. I did run a Doomsayer thing where I'd silence a Doomsayer on turn two then get to a 7/7 or 14/14 on turn three. Was fun but didn't make it far.

Post-Naxx, I had a silence/tempo deck where I was running Venture Co Mercenaries at 5 mana. Obviously Fel Reavers have better stats for a 5 slotter but the problem was they'd just always catch early removal so they always felt ineffective. Like the other guy was sitting there with a card dead in his hand all game and he was glad to finally use it.

The other problem would be times when I didn't have a silence available for the Merc. It would be much worse in those instances with the fel reaver. Their counterbalance feels pretty brutal.

Maybe I'll try it out with the fel reavers and see how it goes.

Guys please I need to know

Or was it all an illusion

I didn't notice anything but I'm one of those people who have a hard time telling between 60fps and 30fps. I can feel it when playing/controlling but I have a hard time just watching something and seeing the difference. I don't know if I would have noticed if they had.

I think they sped up animations with the patch before gvg, when they put gvg cards into arena. That is when I first noticed animations sped up and I think streamers reflected that opinion.

I didn't realize Voltron had charge. I take back what I said about Mimiron's head. I need to see if I can work it into my rogue mech deck.

Did anyone find a use for Flame Leviathon other than Freeze Mage?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So guys what's your GvG MVP card so far?

Muster for Battle. I think it's a must include in basically any Paladin deck. Quartermaster is also good but that's only a thing because Muster for Battle is a thing.

Goblin Blastmage is also ridiculous. I think it is making mage one of the best classes for mech decks.

jblank83

I thought Dr Boom was absolute garbage, but I think I was wrong

It's a solid 7/7 body for 7 mana. That in itself is decent valuation.

However the Boom Bots are highly effective at both board clearing and finishing the game. You're talking 2 hit damage plus 2-8 effect damage. That in itself is enough to clear many boards. Combine it with any kind of buff, say Savage Roar, and you're looking at some crazy board clear. Either that, or your opponent burns premium silence cards.

It's not Ragnaros, but Dr. Boom himself is not limited to random chance. Assuming Dr. Boom doesn't get removed, his Boom Bots help you retake a board, clear a board, or bring the opponent that much closer to death.

Of course, Dr. Boom himself is prone to removal, such as BGH. If we're talking constructed, that just means one less removal for other cards. If we're talking Arena it's just a very effective, very value card.

It's well designed, imo.

inky

The shit I queue up against...

That's 2 Ragnaros played from hand, not a faceless or portal or any other shit. Both topdecked. First card in hand is Fireball of course, because why the fuck not.

Seriously. Fuck this shit.

Minsc

Gold Member
That's 2 Ragnaros played from hand, not a faceless or portal or any other shit. Both topdecked. First card in hand is Fireball of course, because why the fuck not.

2 of my 3 losses from my recent 11-2 that just ended were from priests that mind controlled my Ysera (the one card that should wreck priests, unless they have mind control), if that makes you feel any better lol. It was my only legendary in the draft, and really, I'd say it won me 1 game, and lost me 2 (the 2 vs the priests)... all the rest of the 10 wins it was either not needed and left in hand, or I didn't draw it. So that's Ysera for you in the Arena... costs you more games than it wins you. The second Priest that ended my run, actually not only got to MC Ysera, but pulled of a Shrink+Cabal combo like two turns later. Yeah, that's a 12-X deck alright. At least I got a Gahz'rilla and 300g from the run.

The MVP of my Mage deck was, of course, Flamestrike. That card (which I only had one of), won me a good 5+ games by itself, getting crazy 3, 4 or even 5:1 value.

That's rough though, queueing up against decks like that. This past week though, I swear I've seen way more legends in the Arena matches than anytime in the past. In my 11-2 run, I think maybe 2 or 3 games my opponent didn't have a legend or two to play of their own.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the Shop closed, Blizzard?
Why?

LOL blizzard saved me money because i was just about to buy naxxramas because i was angry, i guess it was a sign thanks higher authority!

The shit I queue up against...

Sometimes you get a good hand and have a fighting chance other times you can get fucking rekt like that, such is the way of a CCG.

inky

2 of my 3 losses from my recent 11-2 that just ended were from priests that mind controlled my Ysera (the one card that should wreck priests, unless they have mind control), if that makes you feel any better lol. It was my only legendary in the draft, and really, I'd say it won me 1 game, and lost me 2 (the 2 vs the priests)... all the rest of the 10 wins it was either not needed and left in hand, or I didn't draw it. So that's Ysera for you in the Arena... costs you more games than it wins you. The second Priest that ended my run, actually not only got to MC Ysera, but pulled of a Shrink+Cabal combo like two turns later. Yeah, that's a 12-X deck alright. At least I got a Gahz'rilla and 300g from the run.

The MVP of my Mage deck was, of course, Flamestrike. That card (which I only had one of), won me a good 5+ games by itself, getting crazy 3, 4 or even 5:1 value.

That's rough though, queueing up against decks like that. This past week though, I swear I've seen way more legends in the Arena matches than anytime in the past. In my 11-2 run, I think maybe 2 or 3 games my opponent didn't have a legend or two to play of their own.

Ysera is in a pretty weird spot right now. I've seen stuff like that happen all too often, although it happening in arena sucks a lot. I have seen more legendaries around too, but only 1 in 7 runs for me. That run tho did go to 12 wins. They can make such a difference it's disgusting when some people get 2 as powerful as Rag in a single deck. That guy was 5-1 with it, and made some pretty bad plays, which stings even more.

At least you got a pretty decent haul. My last 2 decks went 6.-3 which is the worst... I'm saving my pack rewards and gold until I can open an even 30-40 packs. I still don't know what to do about old packs. Pretty low chances to get something new, but then again, I'm still missing the majority of epics and legendaries which are too expensive to craft. I have a repeated Cairne to disenchant I guess =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom