• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Already had a regular one but decided to craft a gold Sylvanas because she's in almost all my decks right now. Also crafted a pair of gold zombie chows since I have them in a lot of decks too. Down to 4425 dust.

EX1_016_premium.gif

I'll never have a full gold collection since I'm not going to spend hundreds on packs, but I like having golds of cards I play a lot. I should aim for an all gold deck to go along with my gold heroes.

Sexy Chillvanas is sexy.

Blank!

Leeroy completely fell off the face of the Earth.
Was a 1 mana increase really that devastating?
Seems like he'd still fit right in most aggro decks.

I think Arcane Golem just ends up being more mana-efficient. Most people can squeeze out far more than 2 damage for that 2 extra mana.

Agraavan

Already did it when I didnt know what i was doing :(

Also, playing a guy and the game seemingly decides to hang on his turn. I am patiently waiting for his turn to finish, but it seems it timed out or something

Pretty ticked since it means I likely lost now :/

Hope that doesnt happen when I play Arena

When that happens I try to quit and reenter the game as quickly as possible. Usually you reconnect while your turn is still in play.

Szadek

Yes,because leeroy is a combo card.
Before the patch warlock could combo with him for 20,now only for 12.
I belive it's even worse for rogues.

Yes,because leeroy is a combo card.
Before the patch warlock could combo with him for 20,now only for 12.
I belive it's even worse for rogues.

Rogue can still 6 + 6 + 4 + 4 = 20 with double cold blood shadowstep.

More popular since then has been faceless on the haha dude with cold blood hitting for 2+4+4 x2 = 20 for 8 mana.

On ladder you shouldn't see either of these things much though, especially since auctioneer was nerfed. Auctioneer is still viable at 6 mana, but you really need 1 or both preparations to make it work.

So I just got robbed. Game "DCed" me, but didn't give any prompt. Other guy is still connected and next thing I know it's the other guy's turn and he can still play and I'm dead. Nothing wrong with my connection as I'm watching a stream at the same time with no interruption.

Not sure if hack or Hearthstone servers just being bullshit as usual.

Dahbomb

Got my first Legendary today in GvG, the Foe Reaper.

I am a big fan of this card, put it into my Mech Mage as a late game insurance policy. It has won me two games so far.

I finally got my first Force of Nature the other day and decided to throw together a Ramp Druid so that I could be the one finishing with the obscene combo for once. Feels pretty good. Also, I managed to pull this off a few times:

3pw3mNsl.jpg

Turn 2 Dr. Boom. In this case, the Paladin played Blessing of Wisdom on Boom so that he could draw off of his attacks and then used his hero power. Whatever, take your card, 'cause I just drew a turn 3 Savage Roar. I clear his board and smash his face in. He plays Humility on Dr. Boom, so I play a Spellbreaker on Boom and cave his face in some more. He plays Consecration and then concedes, because he's dead next turn anyway.

Magnus

I did this. I play Mage/Priest/Pally. I sacrifice all cards from all other classes and DE all I can from them to make cards for my favorite 3 classes. Theres really not any other way unless you like arena and can consistently get high wins for gold, or unless you spend lots of money.

It creates some problems where I have to reroll dailies when I get those strip mined classes but /shrug....

I did this for Rogue and Shaman. My least 2 favorite classes and I never played them so just went for the extra dust.

I did this and got some decent decks on Mage, Warrior, Paladin, Priest and recently Warlock.

I also was lucky enough to get things like Alexstraszaor Dr. Boom from packs

I guess that's what I'll need to start doing, then! If only just to build a competent, strong main deck for just one main for now, Priest.

Can GvG packs in arena still yield normal set cards at all?

I guess that's what I'll need to start doing, then! If only just to build a competent, strong main deck for just one main for now, Priest.

Can GvG packs in arena still yield normal set cards at all?

No. GvG cards only.

This game has it's hooks in me.

Got my first legendary...

Gruul

He will get some use until I can build up my catalog

I actually saw a guy get out two Gruuls today. He did it by using a Faceless Manipulator on a Sneed's Old Shredder. When the Shredders died, they both pulled out Gruul. It got me wondering if Sneed's deathrattle summon is determined when he's summoned and thus was copied by the Faceless, or if it's just a coincidence that they both happened to drop Gruul.

58NAIaAl.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/bsmo8n329/control_paladin.png

ended up going 12-4.

I will probably cut kezan mystic. I just didn't face enough hunters and secret mages. The one heavy secret mage I ran into... somehow kezan mystic was the bottom 2 cards, along with my solo pyromancer which I needed to win. I'm still convinced I don't need a second pyro though. That was a very odd deck to play against and very abnormal for it to win against my deck. But pyro would have won the game, I was just waiting to draw it for like 10 turns in a row, no joke, while his board of unkillable 1/1s tickled me to death.

Other than that I am pretty happy with its performance. I guess dr. boom would slot in. Card is too good. IDC if it gets BGH'd I think. Maybe also swap KT for rag at that point. So that would be a more aggressive version of the deck.

I will probably do that if I get dr. boom, cause this more defensive version despite being good is kinda bad for laddering since matches go very very very long.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Leeroy was a combo card, he doesn't work as just a 6 damage finisher. The extra 1 mana basically killed the Shadowstep combo for rogue as well as the Faceless+PO combo for Warlock. Hunter and Shaman could potentially still use him but they have other more efficient finishers.

I've been wanting to try Leeroy with Ancester's Call myself, but I don't think it'd work out. Haven't been able to try though, I disenchanted him when he got changed so I could make golden Stalagg and Fugenn.

So putting on my math hat for a moment to figure out the highest chance damage outcome from 2x boom bots.

1 + 1 = 2
1 + 2 = 3
1 + 3 = 4
1 + 4 = 5
2 + 1 = 3
2 + 2 = 4
2 + 3 = 5
2 + 4 = 6
3 + 1 = 4
3 + 2 = 5
3 + 3 = 6
3 + 4 = 7
4 + 1 = 5
4 + 2 = 6
4 + 3 = 7
4 + 4 = 8

So the outcomes are:
2 = 6%
3, 3 = 12%
4, 4, 4 = 18%
5, 5, 5 = 18%
6, 6, 6 = 18%
7, 7 = 12%
8 = 6%

So unless I am crazy (or bad at math, which is possible), you have a 54% chance to take 4-6, 18% to take more than 6 and 18% to take less than 4.

I guess that is something to keep in mind when figuring out how much face damage you can take.

Is the math right? I probably screwed something up.

Fuck this shit. Most aggravating shit ever.

Lost 3, won 1.

Oh my god, my blood is boiling lol

I want to do it again, but christ, I lost by constantly getting blocked by taunts, when I had the game at 30-10 with powerful minions on the field.

I think I made two crucial mistakes, and I really am kicking myself over it.

Got 35 Dust and a GvG pack which has an Epic "Anima golem"

That's good, right? I dont play any of the classes in the pack I got, but I can at least make some dust

egruntz

shelaughz
Leeroy was a combo card, he doesn't work as just a 6 damage finisher. The extra 1 mana basically killed the Shadowstep combo for rogue as well as the Faceless+PO combo for Warlock. Hunter and Shaman could potentially still use him but they have other more efficient finishers.

I mean, Hunters use King Krush as a finisher don't they?
5 mana Leeroy
3 mana UTH
2 mana hero power

At least 6 + 2 + 2 damage.
Which is two more than Krush.

Meh?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this shit. Most aggravating shit ever.

Lost 3, won 1.

Oh my god, my blood is boiling lol

I want to do it again, but christ, I lost by constantly getting blocked by taunts, when I had the game at 30-10 with powerful minions on the field.

I think I made two crucial mistakes, and I really am kicking myself over it.

Got 35 Dust and a GvG pack which has an Epic "Anima golem"

That's good, right? I dont play any of the classes in the pack I got, but I can at least make some dust

Well at least you won 1, it was a good run since it seems you are still new to the game. Anime golem is a good card for zoo warlock decks i think. I still feel you should skip arena and focus on getting packs, preferably classics ones.

Dahbomb

Played against a bunch of Handlocks with my Mill Druid.

I am convinced that the only way that Handlock can win this match up is if they get out Jaraxxus early (and I mean on turn 9 or turn 8 with coin). Without Jaraxxus this match up is as bad as Control vs Mill.

Have done quite well with Mill recently the main problem is still the combo decks like the Druid (unless you end up burning one of the components of their combo which I managed to do today). Have been doing better against Aggro decks once I subbed one Brewmaster for Force of Nature, now I have AOE clears for days.

Someone just won a tournament with Fatigue Mage... Mill Druid IMO is at least as good. People are going to start getting bored of Hearthstone very quickly if you start seeing Fatigue Mage vs Mill Druids. Only caveat to this playstyle is that games are very long and most normal players on Ladders would just rather go Mech mage and just play more matches to get to high ranks.

I'm fucking floating between 9 and 10 and it's infuriating. I do well for a bit, then have a bad run and just move backwards slowly. Can't get a streak going when everyone has perfect tryhard decks at this level. You'll either get turn 1 undertakers that turn into yetis without having drawn a response, or face horribly (un)lucky thoughtsteals. Etc., etc.

In before "That guy's deck was crazy! There was nothing I could do! He topdecked the perfect card! yadda yadda"

What gets me more riled about it is that I've made it to rank 4 before, so floundering here just gets depressing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Decided to try something that isn't pure aggro, and made this Paladin Deck. Not sure how it will deal vs aggressive decks yet, but the last 3 Control Warriors got destroyed by it.

SecretGuy.jpg

Not totally sure if I should leave only 1 of each of my late game cards, or try and concentrate what it does.

Also, if we are talking about ranks, highest I gotten is 12, and most of the time I'm just stuck between 13/14. I assume as the month goes on it gets easier to rank up.

I'm guessing you are talking about Blessing of Kings, and not Guardian of Kings?

Ah I see. Yeah blessing of kings. With two muster for battle you should get a lot more out of the quartermaster, especially if you keep the board clear which wild pyro will help with once a game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Once you get a Tirion he should replace GoK.

Maybe, I think I have spent enough money on the game for a while.

I think the last Druid I was facing actually did a fake out for Mill. He made me draw like 6 cards over 2 turns, and thats it. I was thinking I should start dumping my hand, but decided I basically had everything I would need to win, which turned out to be the right call I guess. Had a dead Lay on Hand for basically the whole match though.

EmiPrime

I don't rate paladin secrets highly enough to build a deck around them.

Better to have 2 chows, 2 shielded minibots and 2 quartermasters.

ShinNL

Played against a bunch of Handlocks with my Mill Druid.

I am convinced that the only way that Handlock can win this match up is if they get out Jaraxxus early (and I mean on turn 9 or turn 8 with coin). Without Jaraxxus this match up is as bad as Control vs Mill.

Have done quite well with Mill recently the main problem is still the combo decks like the Druid (unless you end up burning one of the components of their combo which I managed to do today). Have been doing better against Aggro decks once I subbed one Brewmaster for Force of Nature, now I have AOE clears for days.

Someone just won a tournament with Fatigue Mage... Mill Druid IMO is at least as good. People are going to start getting bored of Hearthstone very quickly if you start seeing Fatigue Mage vs Mill Druids. Only caveat to this playstyle is that games are very long and most normal players on Ladders would just rather go Mech mage and just play more matches to get to high ranks.
I wrecked a Mill Druid by basically playing nothing. He had nothing to neutralize, AoE or wrath. He ended up doing things like playing Healbot + Neutralize (on his own minion) while I did things like double Pyromancer + Circle of Healing to kill his 2 health minion. And because he had Starfire in his deck, he ended up with only a 2 card lead in the fatigue race.

Which won't do because I was in level 2 shadowform and still had double Holy Fire :)
He actually ended up having played every single card and I had 5 left in my hand.

Rogue is so much better at milling. Vs a Mill Rogue you have to play all your cards or get a ton burned.

How's that working out.
Worked fine before GvG. It was a deck that used Ancestral Sprit and Reincarnate to get extra use out of strong Deathrattles. Was able to get out Thaddius(es) in most games, and he was always beautiful in gold . Was the same deck where I ran Farsights to hopefully set up crazy combos, which while rare, were always amazimg.

Of course, like most decks I craft, was too slow and unreliable to get anywhere in constructed. I never cared though, I play for the spectacular and crazy plays, it's what I really enjoy.

garath

Why in the hell am I rank 20 facing people with Dr. Boom and a Faceless manipulator in their deck?

I don't even understand how these people have such good cards. I play very well for what I have but I don't own a single legendary and only a handful of epic cards. I'm just grinding out daily quests trying to make some more gold facing these monster decks.

Sigh. Sorry. Rant over :) It sucks when I dominate the board and play well for what I have then just get crushed by superior cards.

Why in the hell am I rank 20 facing people with Dr. Boom and a Faceless manipulator in their deck?

I don't even understand how these people have such good cards. I play very well for what I have but I don't own a single legendary and only a handful of epic cards. I'm just grinding out daily quests trying to make some more gold facing these monster decks.

Sigh. Sorry. Rant over :) It sucks when I dominate the board and play well for what I have then just get crushed by superior cards.

Well, if it makes you feel better, unless they're purposely tanking their rank to farm portraits, they aren't doing any better at the game even though they have better cards than you do.

garath

Well, if it makes you feel better, unless they're purposely tanking their rank to farm portraits, they aren't doing any better at the game even though they have better cards than you do.

It does. :) The guy also had a different card back than I've seen. But he wasn't super good or decisive. Maybe he just spent a bundle of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom