• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
That moment when a recent opponent friends you only to say "you lucky skill less f****t" and then defriends you.

This instance was hilarious, but overall I'm glad the game has such limited communication.

Kodo makes me rage more than any other card. I expect BS like BGH, Mind Control, Flamestrike, MC Tech, Polymorph/Hex, huge Legendaries whenever I'm a strong position, but when a Kodo gets game changing value I am not happy.

Bomb Lobber would be up there too, but I usually try to play around it.

ViviOggi

Kodo makes me rage more than any other card. I expect BS like BGH, Mind Control, Flamestrike, MC Tech, Polymorph/Hex, huge Legendaries whenever I'm a strong position, but when a Kodo gets game changing value I am not happy.

Surprise Kodo in arena is the fucking worst

Special delivery usually doesn't rustle my jimmies as much since at least his body is way more manageable

Raxus

In short, what are the new styles for Priest and Druid? (the two I primarily play0

Druid hasn't changed much outside of ramp getting a tad more aggressive with combo and less defensive.

Priest is stronger now thanks to the addition of Shrinkmeister.

Mill druid is more viable now too.

I lived the Mill Druid vs. Priest matchup dream the other day. Turn 9 he has a full board with 2 Clerics out. I play Pyro, Innervate, Tree of Life to force him to draw 16 cards. 9 of them burn and he takes 5 draws of fatigue.

Next turn he played Velen's Chosen, swapped the atk/HP of the dude with spare part, and double Mind Blasted to kill me with exact lethal. It was such an ass pull combo I wasn't even mad.

Druid hasn't changed much outside of ramp getting a tad more aggressive with combo and less defensive.

Priest is stronger now thanks to the addition of Shrinkmeister.

Mill druid is more viable now too.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into mill druid as I'd like to try something gimmicky that isn't just some variation of rushing. And also will see how Shrinkmeister is primarly used. Nice to see the Priest received a buff though.

ViviOggi

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into mill druid as I'd like to try something gimmicky that isn't just some variation of rushing. And also will see how Shrinkmeister is primarly used. Nice to see the Priest received a buff though.
Cabaling Sludge Belchers and shadow madnessing Sylvanases

Utterly ridiculous swings basically

Szadek

I ran into a few control druids/anti aggro druids with tons of taunts,KT and other legendaires,but no combo.
Has someone won a tournament with that deck or something?

Yeah, playing against priests is the worst. It seems like if the priest survives to 10 mana, I'm going to lose, and it's going to be in a particularly infuriating way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, I seem to remember how everybody said that Bouncing Blade was some kind of insane card before GvG came out and yet, I don't think I've seen the card played against me once. Just goes to show how you can't trust the pre-release hype.

JesseZao

Man, I seem to remember how everybody said that Bouncing Blade was some kind of insane card before GvG came out and yet, I don't think I've seen the card played against me once. Just goes to show how you can't trust the pre-release hype.

When the meta shifts more heavily towards control, it would be a decent card. Too many 1/2hp drops infesting boards these days to make it worth running.

12w.png

12 win arena deck that I drafted right after my last 12 win arena draft... like a month ago.

Only got a golden fen creeper, 2 packs, and some 250ish gold, with commons + rares in the packs.

I might just tryhard arena til I get dr. boom.

God. Damn.

Mage class.
Arena.

Lost all three battles.

Got a rare, gold rare, and epic and 30 Gold.

I seriously hate arena, and I think I need to stop relying on that arenavalue website because my deck was shit without taunts or healing.

God. Damn.

Mage class.
Arena.

Lost all three battles.

I seriously hate arena, and I think I need to stop relying on that arenavalue website because my deck was shit without taunts or healing.
Knowing the value of cards is only half the battle and knowing how and when to use them is the other. There is also a decent amount of luck involved and sometimes you just get trounced, especially by mages.

Watch some arena streamers, Trump is a great one because he is always explaining his thoughts, and then keep trying as you absorb more knowledge. A lot of the game is just knowing what your opponent could do next turn and playing around it.

Board control is key in arena and the turn you lose it is usually the turn you lose the game (even on turn 1) unless you have a way to reset the board.

Special C

Kodo -> Deathlord is the worst thing ever.

God. Damn.

Mage class.
Arena.

Lost all three battles.

Have you tried doing those interactive drafting videos by Trump and others? Have you watched streams to see what they pick?

Blindly following arenavalue s not good you need to know why you pick what you did. It takes time but you will get there.

Yes mages do suck they have so many cards you have to play around.

Sometimes your opponent just draws what he needs every time, that is Hearthstone.

If you are on a losing streak don't continue, cause the annoyance/rage clouds your judgement take a break do something else come back when you are calm and try again. I have lost many games just because i was so pissed and just made many misplays.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got another Legendary, this time it's Flame Leviathan. From GvG I have that, Iron Juggernaut, and Gazlowe.

I continue to die inside when I fight against every deck dropping Dr. Boom.

johnsmith

remember me
I fucking hate Doomguard so much. Zoo would be a shit deck without that card. God damn it. The only time I ever lose against them is when they draw both before turn 10. Card is broken as hell.

And priest thoughtstole my dr boom and savage roar. FUCK YOUUUUUU.

I hate this game.

Brofist

Just played against a zoolock as a mage. Zoo has a full board, I have no board and ice block up. Instead of running all his minions in he gets me down to 2 health and hellfires to finish me off, killing off 80% of his board. A couple molten giants, and healbots later and clearing the rest of his board he concedes.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Used to play a lot prior to June/July 2014 and just started playing again yesterday.

So I know about the old builds, but with the new cards (Naxx and GvN) what's become popular?

I played around with Abominations and Eggs...Deathrattle run stuff...but that was just testing stuff.

In short, what are the new styles for Priest and Druid? (the two I primarily play0

Welcome back, I remember your enthusiastic posts.

Used to play a lot prior to June/July 2014 and just started playing again yesterday.

So I know about the old builds, but with the new cards (Naxx and GvN) what's become popular?

I played around with Abominations and Eggs...Deathrattle run stuff...but that was just testing stuff.

Well, there is control priest and deathrattle priest. Within control priest there is highly reactive control priest which uses shrinkmeister combos and more proactive control priest that uses injured blademaster + circle type stuff.

Druid is mostly split between token/fast druid and ramp druid. Both are pretty aggressive but ramp has more late game stuff and token has more savage roar + force of naturey stuff.

Mech druid works as well.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Flame Leviathan sucks, it's garbage tier. Since you don't control when it's effect is triggered you can destroy your own minions without any warning, at least that's how i think prove me wrong guys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Flame Leviathan sucks, it's garbage tier. Since you don't control when it's effect is triggered you can destroy your own minions without any warning, at least that's how i think prove me wrong guys.

You just got to play knowing you could take a 2 damage AoE at any time.

Dahbomb

The trick to Flame Leviathan is to play him in a Freeze/Burn Giant Mage deck. Have mostly spells with very few low health minions. In that deck it's decent.

Biggest problem with Flame Leviathan to me is that it announces that it comes out so you know that your opponent has it in his hand.

Or you could play a good card in it's place.
And this.

It could work in a heavy freeze, low minion count deck. Like who cares if your giants take 2 damage. You just dealt 2 damage to all their minions and its your turn to clean up... with full mana as well. 0 mana consecrate... that can get pretty nuts.

Also lets say you have a lot of card draw, that just provides more chances to trigger the effect.

Being a 7/7... sorta sucks though. I guess its not that bad as a 7/7 for 7.

johnsmith

remember me
Anytime I swipe after a muster for battle, I can't help but bm "sorry." Suck it, paladins. You're getting too uppity, thinking you're good now.

ShinNL

If you're playing stuff like Knife Juggler, Micro Machine, Clockwork Gnome etc. and a Flame Levi, you're doing it wrong.

I've been pretty much exclusively playing this deck for more than a month now. I just can't get enough of it and it just seems to beat pretty much anything if my draw isn't too unlucky. It beats aggro and control more often than not. The biggest weakness I can think of is something like a face weapon Warrior, which hasn't been popular for a while now. Vanish is just so strong :D

I probably have a high uncertainty MMR because of this deck. Blizzard tries to find 'counter' classes but those end up failing. The only real reason I would lose would be because of my own draw, rather than what Blizzard tries to match me up against. And yes, it has beaten many Zoos and Hunters :p

The Adder

Banned
I made turn 5 V-07-TR-0N happen in a deck of only mech creatures today.

Also, if anyone would like to come watch me stink up the joint and give advice to me about my bad plays, I'm AdderMoray#1121

Miletius

Recombobulate is amazing. Won me 2 arena matches outright, and assisted with a couple more, went 9-3 overall. First - Recombulate - Sea Giant to Deathwing.... and opponent who was trouncing me now has to deal with a 12/12. Second, Recombulate Boulderfist to Trade Prince Galliwix, mage ended up not playing any spells for the rest of the match, allowing me to win handily.

Welcome back, I remember your enthusiastic posts.

Much appreciated. I don't think it's coincidence that I'm back after fantasy football season ended. Hearthstone seems to hit that need to compete based on luck and strategy while also dealing with micromanagement of the "card roster."..lol..

Also, I just picked up a 40 pack of GvN cards have a bunch of dust now.

Which is currently the best Legendary to craft? I've been reading Dr. Boom is da man..lol..Also Sneed is looking good imo..Can't lose with 2 legendaries for the price of one.

The Adder

Banned
That is true, but people always forget when a good card "never does much" it means all your other cards get to shine.

Take Boom out and suddenly 2-3 of your other threats are useless.

Bingo.

If you've kept any control over the board, Boom reads "Deal 7-14 damage to opponent's minions or opponent discards 1-2 cards. Summon 2 Boom Bots."

Yeah that's kind of what I was mentioning with control warrior the other day. You simply NEED the legendary count to have more threats than the opponent has removals. You don't really care what gets removed, so long as you still have one or two powerful minions left standing.

tylerf

Oh boy I opened a Hemet Nessingwary. I'm going to put him in my collection with the other great legendaries I got from packs including Nat Pagle, Cho, Milhouse Manastorm, Gruul, and Nozdormu. (Full disclosure I've also opened Rag and Jaraxxus so it's not all bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom