• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Maybe it goes without saying, but man I'm starting to get ticked with how good starting cards can really spell doom for your game.

Especially when the enemy starts with a balance of instant minion destroying cards at little cost. Got torn apart.

Any class have anything that counters counters?
Mage has Counter Spell that counters spells (it's a trap). It used to be an alright spell pre-GvG but now with so many mechs running around with Spare parts Counter Spell gets played around really easy. I have still won a few matches with Counter Spell in certain match ups but overall I can't recommend it.

There's a minion (forgot the name) that destroys Trap cards. Also Priest has a card that damages Deathrattle minions which is useful against some decks.

Really depends on what type of counter you are looking for. Stuff like Loatheb is a good counter to some decks as well.

^ Thanks

So Im thinking of spending some Arcane dust, but Im wondering if I should instead get more cards from another character besides Hunter. What do you guys thinks :p

I really hate arena sometimes.

Facing a Warlock. Get him down to next turn lethal. Drops Jaraxxus. Get him back down to 5 health.

Infernal + Ancient Watcher + Sunfury Protector

What. The. Fuck.

OMG HAD THE BEST COMEBACK EVER!!!

48 !!!!!

48 total health for that JERK character who keeps armouring himself up.

I was Mage.

CONSTANT assault of weapons.
Equipped 7 ATK weapon which he used once.

Drawed the card that destroys weapons WHEW.

Constantly playing minions which I'm trying to swat down with my spells.

Then he just ran out of cards while I poured an awesome assault. I was teetering on certain death.

About 2-3 cards left in the deck.

What a comeback, I just held out as best I could

I wish I saved that so bad

ViviOggi

^ Thanks

So Im thinking of spending some Arcane dust, but Im wondering if I should instead get more cards from another character besides Hunter. What do you guys thinks :p
Well, if you're still enjoying Hunter it can't hurt to focus on getting his bread and butter cards. It's both one of the cheapest and most consistent classes after all. When you want to branch out Mech Mage and Zoo Warlock are similarly strong archetypes for little dust.

I don't even get mad when I get beaten by the most asinine things (that are normally terrible). I just laugh it off. It's other shit that gets my blood boiling in this game, which I must say is probably my most cursed at game of 2014.

Slashlen

I haven't been beat by one yet, but I think I keep running into bad ones. Closest I got was running a wish-I-was-a-proper-control-Pally deck, didn't realize it was mill, and put Blessing of Wisdom on a Shielded Minibot. The guy burned a Wrath to kill it. Once I realized he was milling, I couldn't help but think, "I was helping you!".

I got beaten by a Mill Mage days before Otter popularized/made it public. Didn't even really realize what was happening.

Can't remember what I was playing vs. it though.

johnsmith

remember me
Already had a regular one but decided to craft a gold Sylvanas because she's in almost all my decks right now. Also crafted a pair of gold zombie chows since I have them in a lot of decks too. Down to 4425 dust.

EX1_016_premium.gif

I'll never have a full gold collection since I'm not going to spend hundreds on packs, but I like having golds of cards I play a lot. I should aim for an all gold deck to go along with my gold heroes.

Just started playing this week.

My first thought is. Damn this is game is really unforgiving to new players. Just starting out I'm way behind on cards and just get demolished in ranked or casual games. But I'm enjoying it strangely and learning more from every game I play. Nearly have all of the classes to rank 10.

Should I craft anything right now? I have 195 dust and only bought a few packs so my card pool is basic as can be.

Might pickup Naxx next week just to give me something to do when I get tired of getting slaughtered in arena and ranked play.

This thread has been a huge help btw. Can't thank everyone enough while I lurked and lurked and lurked.

Just started playing this week.

My first thought is. Damn this is game is really unforgiving to new players. Just starting out I'm way behind on cards and just get demolished in ranked or casual games. But I'm enjoying it strangely and learning more from every game I play. Nearly have all of the classes to rank 10.

Should I craft anything right now? I have 195 dust and only bought a few packs so my card pool is basic as can be.

Might pickup Naxx next week just to give me something to do when I get tired of getting slaughtered in arena and ranked play.

This thread has been a huge help btw. Can't thank everyone enough while I lurked and lurked and lurked.

What you want to craft really early on depends on what you want to play. For example, if it is hunters, your best bet is probably savannah highmane.

ZZMitch

looooool just faced a priest on ladder that played Antique Healbot while he had an Auchanai Soulpriest on the board.

"Not quite what was planned"

Why is the shaman so poorly regarded? It has some great support cards and if you can stack the board and play an enhance-o-mechano it is game over. Combine that with some cheap minions that grant wind fury to others and the card that gives every minion +3 and the totem that gives +2 damage to adjacent minions and it is a deadly class. I have been running this deck for a little bit and it is really fun.

Why is the shaman so poorly regarded? It has some great support cards and if you can stack the board and play an enhance-o-mechano it is game over. Combine that with some cheap minions that grant wind fury to others and the card that gives every minion +3 and the totem that gives +2 damage to adjacent minions and it is a deadly class. I have been running this deck for a little bit and it is really fun.

The "if" in "if you can stack the board".

Generally you are either playing answers or trying to stack the board. It is hard to do both so inevitably you will hit a bad matchup for your deck.

For example the deck I run beats control pretty handily, but generally loses to aggro. When you think about that, you might as well be boring and play Handlock.

Generally you are either playing answers or trying to stack the board. It is hard to do both so inevitably you will hit a bad matchup for your deck.

For example the deck I run beats control pretty handily, but generally loses to aggro. When you think about that, you might as well be boring and play Handlock.

Yea I can see that. Thing is I have several contingencies as well. High level cards with taunt are the toughest thing for me because it really forces me to have high attack power and windfury.

Maybe I have just been really lucky with this deck today, but this is the mos consistent I have ever won.

Dahbomb

Shaman has the advantage over Handlock when it comes to burst damage from shit minions on the board. Handlock can never really surprise you with big damage (well except gimmick Arcane Golem + Power Overwhelming Faceless combo but that's not played in traditional Handlock) but Shaman can. Stuff like Flametongue totem, Bloodlust and Windfury can finish games deceptively fast.

Though I guess the counter to that would be "why play that when I can play combo/ramp Druid" or Zoo/Mech//Hunter. Shaman is sort of the jack of trades master of none whereas Mage/Warlock have exceptionally good decks in both categories (and even a 3rd good deck option).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm trying to run one of those rogue Malygos decks since I got the card from a pack, and I am failing horribly with it. Is there a trick to playing that kind of deck? Or is it just not feasible with the current meta? I can post the deck list later, but off hand it goes something like back stab, prep, shiv, fan of knifes, the 4 damage with combo thing, poison, blade fury, si7, heal 3hp guy, that 2/2 with +1 magic, the 4/4 Dragon that gives a card, sludge belcher, Sprint, voilet teacher, 1 assassinate, Malygos.

Dahbomb

I'm trying to run one of those rogue Malygos decks since I got the card from a pack, and I am failing horribly with it. Is there a trick to playing that kind of deck? Or is it just not feasible with the current meta? I can post the deck list later, but off hand it goes something like back stab, prep, shiv, fan of knifes, the 4 damage with combo thing, poison, blade fury, si7, that 2/2 with +1 magic, the 4/4 Dragon that gives a card, sludge belcher, Sprint, voilet teacher, 1 assassinate, Malygos.
The best Malygos deck I have seen is with Shaman surprisingly. You combo Malygos with the card that automatically drops a minion from both player's hand on to battlefield. That's a cheap way to bring in Malygos and then you unload with your spells (Crackle, Lava Burst, Lightning Storm).

Biggest problem with Malygos is that you can't do anything on the turn its played this gets around that.

It's still a fairly gimmicky deck though.

tylerf

Have enough dust for 1 legendary and I'm trying to decide between Antonidas or Vol'jin since Mage and Priest are the classes I play the most. Any neutral legendaries you guys think I need instead of going class if I already have Rag, Sylvanas, and Boom?

Shaman has the advantage over Handlock when it comes to burst damage from shit minions on the board. Handlock can never really surprise you with big damage (well except gimmick Arcane Golem + Power Overwhelming Faceless combo but that's not played in traditional Handlock) but Shaman can. Stuff like Flametongue totem, Bloodlust and Windfury can finish games deceptively fast.

Though I guess the counter to that would be "why play that when I can play combo/ramp Druid" or Zoo/Mech//Hunter. Shaman is sort of the jack of trades master of none whereas Mage/Warlock have exceptionally good decks in both categories (and even a 3rd good deck option).

Yep I just finished a match against a preist that summoned two legenedaries one with taunt and divine shield and +4/+4 card added to it and a 17 to 1 hero health advantage and I beat him with a bunch of lowly minions thanks to flame tounge totem and bloodlust and windfury combo. Turned my 4/2 cult master into a 9/2 with windfury and won the game.

The beauty of flametounge and bloodlust is that if you have multiple characters and can keep the flametounge in the middle of the board you can destroy your minions and hopefully take an enemy with you and bring other minions in close to the totem for their attack. Works especially well when I keep the stronger minions to the outside.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Have enough dust for 1 legendary and I'm trying to decide between Antonidas or Vol'jin since Mage and Priest are the classes I play the most. Any neutral legendaries you guys think I need instead of going class if I already have Rag, Sylvanas, and Boom?

Vol'jin is better than Antonidas for sure. Antonidas isn't awful but he's not a Mage staple, he's a bit more niche. Vol'jin is a staple, he's just awesome.

Xanathus

Vol'jin is better than Antonidas for sure. Antonidas isn't awful but he's not a Mage staple, he's a bit more niche. Vol'jin is a staple, he's just awesome.

I actually think Antonidas is a staple in mech mage because of the spare parts synergy and as a finisher if you're behind since normally mech mage doesn't run catch up cards like Flamestrike.

Dahbomb

Antonidas got a whole lot better in GvG thanks to Spare parts. Mech Mage is pretty damn disgusting overall.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got Kel'Thuzad from Unstable Portal in arena, with Haunted Creeper and Harvest Golumn on the table. Board filled up super fast

edit: Game 3, Priest Faceless Manipulators my Water Elemental, buffs it to high hell, I Faceless super buffed version and polymorph his.

I got my second golden card... and it's the same as my first one, Ogre Brute. What are the chances? Is the game trying to tell me something?

Anyway, please start abusing Ogre Brute so he gets nerfed and I make mountains of dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom