• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 3 packs on my alt account too. I never logged in and got them when the expansion launched originally so I guess the maintenance triggered something to make them available again.

Im on a roll!! After two days of frustration, I am 17 Ranked, currently on a win streak

Got 300 gold for winning 100 matches.

Got 3 packs of GvG cards

Should I be saving up for the SP content or go to Arena again?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Im on a roll!! After two days of frustration, I am 17 Ranked, currently on a win streak

Got 300 gold for winning 100 matches.

Got 3 packs of GvG cards

Should I be saving up for the SP content or go to Arena again?
If you like the game, the most efficient thing you can buy is Naxxramas and just use gold on card packs or arena.

I always play as a Mage and use unstable portal. Last night I used the unstable portal and got a LEGENDARY card. when I used the card I put a bomb on opponent hand which damage him badly (10 damage) but unfortunately I forgot the name of the card

What is the name of that card?

I always play as a Mage and use unstable portal. Last night I used the unstable portal and got a LEGENDARY card. when I used the card I put a bomb on opponent hand which damage him badly (10 damage) but unfortunately I forgot the name of the card

Hearthstone-card-1.jpg

Visceir

Got my first legendary card...or crafted it rather. Went for Archmage Antonidas. I was already quite happy with my deck and did alright but replaced some basic monsters for mech ones for the spare parts cards.

It's rather enjoyable to play Archmage Antonidas+ Sorcerer's apprentice and then spam 4 - 5 spare parts cards for fireball cards.

That would be Iron Juggernaut. I got it from an unstable portal too early on in the game. Was kinda fun to see the mine go off late in the game when I had already forgotten about it.

rac

Banned
Wasn't going to do these two 40 gold hunter quests but w/e. Did them in two games and unpacked a cairne that I dusted to help get boom, good to have him back.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Warlock the worst? I'd say Warlock is one of the better classes, on par with Priest.

But yeah, Warrior is the worst.

Most of their class cards are pretty bad, hero power only helps in topdeck wars. They can be pretty scary if you can get some good voidcallers but otherwise kinda weak.

Dreavus

Got my first legendary card...or crafted it rather. Went for Archmage Antonidas. I was already quite happy with my deck and did alright but replaced some basic monsters for mech ones for the spare parts cards.

It's rather enjoyable to play Archmage Antonidas+ Sorcerer's apprentice and then spam 4 - 5 spare parts cards for fireball cards.

That would be Iron Juggernaut. I got it from an unstable portal too early on in the game. Was kinda fun to see the mine go off late in the game when I had already forgotten about it.

Few things are more fun than having an archmage stick on the board for a turn with a bunch of spare parts in hand

Szadek

Kind of burn out of the game at the moment.
Not making it to legend this month.
Don't have that much time right now anyway.
Time for a break.

embalm

Warlock used to be bad before GvG release in Arena, but with the addition of the new cards, I think it's a stealth top tier.
I completely agree with this. Warlocks have been performing pretty well for me and I'm not a regular player of the class.

Implosion & Darkbomb have really boosted their removal options.

Floating Watcher has given them a great common class card. (It's a demon for combos, it gets huge if not handled quickly, it adds value to hero ability)

Late game with nothing but Floating Watchers and and Dread Inferno is possible since they are commons and powerful since they work together.

Cipherr

Yep I agree. Cards like Darkbomb and FWatcher IMO helped flesh out the Warlock class in a huge way. Prior to GvG I felt they sucked a bit outside of Zoo because their class cards were so meh.

Taz

Deathrattle Face/Rush Hunter is so wrong, if you get the correct cards at the start it's all over by round 6/7, Incoming Undertaker nerf.

Welp, lost all my Arena games again.

One more time:

Warlock
Warrior
Druid

Lol.

So, Druid or Warrior?

Also thanks for guiding my noob ass. Hopefully I get better enough to contribute on here :p

Deathrattle Face/Rush Hunter is so wrong, if you get the correct cards at the start it's all over by round 6/7, Incoming Undertaker nerf.

I wonder if they'll make a rule where certain cards have abilities that only allow them to be used within a certain number of turns.

Do you guys think that the crystal system is flawed compared to Magic Mana?

I read that Hearthstone is more difficult to balance because of their currency system, but it seems there are ways to work with it (like overload).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The only way I could see running Leviathan is if you have almost no creatures, find yourself in frequent need of a zero mana 2 damage board clear, and need a 7/7 finisher that will probably get killed the turn it comes out due to all the removal the opponent would still have.

I guess it's not impossible to build that deck, but I feel it isn't exactly ideal compared to just playing a Dr. Boom.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Welp, lost all my Arena games again.

Not that I don't appreciate free wins, but if you can't win a single game its better to stay out of arena. If you get less than 3 wins its worse than just buying packs. Stay in constructed until you can consistently get to rank 15 at least.

Not that I don't appreciate free wins, but if you can't win a single game its better to stay out of arena. If you get less than 3 wins its worse than just buying packs. Stay in constructed until you can consistently get to rank 15 at least.

Haha, well, I'm already locked into another one and need to decide between Warrior, Warlock, and Druid.

Since I minimally win a GvG pack and some gold or dust, I figure it works out.

I'll stop if I lose this next session :(

I wonder if they'll make a rule where certain cards have abilities that only allow them to be used within a certain number of turns.

Do you guys think that the crystal system is flawed compared to Magic Mana?

I read that Hearthstone is more difficult to balance because of their currency system, but it seems there are ways to work with it (like overload).

In theory, Magic's system works better. I prefer Hearthstone's version because I find when I play MTG, most of the time I wind up with mana flood (too much mana, not enough stuff to do with it) or mana screw (the opposite, not enough mana). Maybe this is just my lack of deckbuilding skills, I don't know.

I also don't like the whole non-basic lands thing. I get that it's part of that game, it's just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom