• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations to improve this?

Hp78jsd.png

The Adder

Banned
84 cards away from having at least one of every card in the game.

Core Hound is awful. I don't play hunter and I don't know what cards you have to work with. What I do know, however, is that Core Hound is awful. If a card costs you 7 mana it needs to do something the turn it comes down. Or at the very least it needs to ensure it survives long enough to attack.

Illuminator's probably not doing you any good. That deck looks aggro, you shouldn't be worried about your life.

You want a Dire Wolf Alpha or two in there.

84 cards away from having at least one of every card in the game.

Core Hound is awful. I don't play hunter and I don't know what cards you have to work with. What I do know, however, is that Core Hound is awful.

I should replace it with Ooze (equipment destroyer) or maybe some health gain card?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd suggest dumping the snipes in favor of 2/3 stat minions like Ooze.

I'd probably put in Leper Gnomes instead of the Stonetusk too. Edit: Actually those aren't free. Hmm... the Stonetusk isn't the worst then since at least it buffs Kill Command.

I'm assuming this is a pretty new account so trying to stick to the free cards.

You could probably take out an explosive shot and a multishot and put in two Senjins as well, they're pretty strong if you're fighting people with basic cards.

Dahbomb

The only reason why Dr Doom isn't completely broken is because he can be BGH'd. If he was a 6/7 with Bots then the card would've been out of control.

Maximo

Out of all the Gimmicky Decks I have Used I definitely like Mill Druid the Most, defiantly a Deck I want to try and see how far up ranked I can get.

Guiz

Well, if you really like hunter and want to improve your deck, you should buy Naxxramas. I think this expansion have some great card that would easily improve your deck.

Webspinner, Haunted Creeper & Mad Scientist are must have cards for hunter deck.
You can always craft the card with dust if you don't have the money for the expansion.

You could probably get rid of the explosive shot and add a freezing trap.
It's just an opinion, I'm not an expert on hunter's deck but I hope it will help.

spoon!

The RNGods can be so fickle. So far I've opened two voljins and two troggzors, but have yet to get an unstable portal. And I don't really want to spend the dust getting them since they're just rares :V

Maximo

Wish I screen shot the last game I had. Playing Against a Paladin as Mill Druid everything goes fine I have a answer for everything hes on Fatigue. Last 2 Turns He finally Plays a 34 Attack Bolvar Fordragon, My heart skips a beat, luckily my last card was naturalize otherwise he would have one hit the next turn. I didn't remember what my last card was so the few Seconds I was freaking out.

I seriously got Coin + Innervate = Keeper of the Grove on my turn 1 Undertaker twice tonight -_-

And those were two of the few times I actually had Undertaker in my opening hand. Pretty fucking dumb. Druid is already a terrible matchup for cancer.

JohnCYQ

Heh, played 5 games today with my deathrattle/demons midrange/control warlock deck (voidcaller + jaraxxus/malganis/doomguard) and went 4-1.

The one loss was against a paladin with good draws/all the answers to my shitty opener, since he went t1 zombie chow - t2 knife juggler - t3 muster + t4 hero power + equality - t5 muster for battle - t6(forgot what he did) - t7 equality consecrate (killing off my taunted jaraxxus and 4 other minions) - t8 2nd knife juggler + double aldor on my nerubian + malganis - t9 dr boom. And the dude didn't even play quarter master yet.

One of the wins was an incredible comeback against a hunter though. Hunter went webspinner + kill command + heropower, putting me at 1 health. Next turn I play jaraxxus + trade to clear board, followed by voidcaller + shadowflame into malganis.

Having too much fun with the deck.

Guiz

Wish I screen shot the last game I had. Playing Against a Paladin as Mill Druid everything goes fine I have a answer for everything hes on Fatigue. Last 2 Turns He finally Plays a 34 Attack Bolvar Fordragon, My heart skips a beat, luckily my last card was naturalize otherwise he would have one hit the next turn. I didn't remember what my last card was so the few Seconds I was freaking out.

Do you have the decklist of your druid?
I have a Mill Druid too but my curve is almost empty for T4/T5 (only have Swipe and Starfall).

Maximo

Do you have the decklist of your druid?
I have a Mill Druid too but my curve is almost empty for T4/T5 (only have Swipe and Starfall).
w78wqlf

Believe its the one Kripp Uses. It Does alright, the real killer for me are the times when I have poison seeds but no Starfall.

Speaking of Deathwing, had a Shaman yolo drop one on me today. Good thing I still had a siphon soul in hand for something scary like that.

It's hard to guess what Shaman is gonna play though since you see them so rarely in constructed right now. If things align they can be pretty nasty for a Handlock to face too.

And I lost both these games, but I had some interesting webspinner action today popping both a Malorne and a King Krush.

Also had one pull the most clutch Kodo on an Annoy-o-tron with a freezing trap up vs. a 9/9 Blood Knight. Poor guy conceded after it got bounced.

zoukka

Anytime I swipe after a muster for battle, I can't help but bm "sorry." Suck it, paladins. You're getting too uppity, thinking you're good now.

It's not even that bad for paladin because they still keep the weapon. If you can swipe a 4 toughness minion too then you are ahead.

Raxus

Do you have Naxx yet?

-1 Arcane Shot
-1 Stone Tusk Boar
-1 Timber Wolf
-2 Snipe
-1 Illuminator
-1 Ironfur Grizzly
-2 Multishot
-1 Explosive Shot
-1 Core Hound

+2 Webspinner
+1 Direwolf Alpha/Mad Scientist
+1 Explosive Trap
+1 Eaglehorn Bow
+2 Unleash the Hounds
+2 Snapjaw Turtle (or 1 Dark Cultist)
+1 Savannah Highmane
+1 Stormpike Champion

This has a nice curve and is a relatively easy build. I'd look into getting rid of the Tundra Rhino with something that helps you better with tempo like Stampeding Kodo. Either way you just got to focus your deck into tempo or rush.

manhack

Playing on my F2P EU account doing some daily quests and having a blast killing Hunters with my crappy druid and shaman decks. In both cases I've finished them off with Savage Roar (i don't have combo) and Blood Lust because they refuse to remove creatures below 5 health and continue to go face.

I'll admit it is a little difficult to play without any Naxx cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's not even that bad for paladin because they still keep the weapon. If you can swipe a 4 toughness minion too then you are ahead.

Yeah if all you kill is the recruits I ain't even mad. You just traded a 4 mana AoE card for a single 3 mana card.

Visceir

I know how to play 3 classes and have no experience with the other 3. Arena sucks when you only have the choise between the latter 3 :(

egruntz

shelaughz
I seriously got Coin + Innervate = Keeper of the Grove on my turn 1 Undertaker twice tonight -_-

And those were two of the few times I actually had Undertaker in my opening hand. Pretty fucking dumb. Druid is already a terrible matchup for cancer.

But that's not true. Hunter destroys Druid. Just not facetard Hunter aggro.

Savannah Highmane is pretty difficult for Druids to deal with in itself.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, I played quite a bit of Hearthstone back when it was in beta and first came out. I unlocked all the heroes and leveled them up past 10 but then I just kind of ... stopped. I got involved with other games or something and just haven't played it since the first official season. I don't even have any card backs yet!

But lately I've been super hooked again. I got a Galaxy tablet for Christmas and it's been a portable Hearthstone game machine ever since. In the past two weeks I've ranked myself up to 19 so I'll be getting my first new card back in February. I disenchanted every card that I had more than two of to make dust. I tweaked a few of my decks to play better and have been doing fairly well. Cleared the first wing of Naxx save for the Heroic quests yet, but I'm currently working on daily's to earn the 700 gold needed to open the second Naxx wing.

So I have a few questions:

1. Is all of Naxx worth completing or should I be spending gold on packs instead?
2. The expansion that is now out, is there a way to earn it in game or do you need to buy it with money? Is it worth buying?
3. When it comes to ranked play, the only rewards you can earn is the card backs for getting rank 20, correct? Or are there other rewards for getting higher ranks?

I feel like I'm learning the game over again, but it's still very fun to play! With the new tablet I can see myself playing this a lot from now on.

Strider

1. Is all of Naxx worth completing or should I be spending gold on packs instead?
2. The expansion that is now out, is there a way to earn it in game or do you need to buy it with money? Is it worth buying?
3. When it comes to ranked play, the only rewards you can earn is the card backs for getting rank 20, correct? Or are there other rewards for getting higher ranks?

1. Naxx is definitely worth completing as there are some really good cards there... But in terms of best place to spend your gold though you get more cards per gold spent buying packs. You may want to build up your collection a bit first.
2. The GVG expansion card backs are earned the exact same way as classic cards. You can earn expansion packs by playing arena mode or buying them for 100 gold/real money. There are a lot of good cards in GVG, but for now I'd recommend going for classic packs.
3. The only other reward is a specific card back given to people who hit Legendary rank.

johnsmith

remember me

Yeah if all you kill is the recruits I ain't even mad. You just traded a 4 mana AoE card for a single 3 mana card.

The 4 damage goes towards a real threat. The last one I did it too conceded at 20 health.
he was out of cards and facing a couple of taunts with a 1 attack weapon

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The 4 damage goes towards a real threat.

Sometimes I see Druids send it to the face though, if I don't have any other threats. They're so scared of quartermaster that they use it like arcane explosion. And I'm perfectly fine when that happens.

johnsmith

remember me
Sometimes I see Druids send it to the face though, if I don't have any other threats. They're so scared of quartermaster that they use it like arcane explosion. And I'm perfectly fine when that happens.

Going face is perfectly acceptable with druid if you have combo in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom