• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been much better if a strategy actually showed itself most games rather than 1 out of 10. I beat it due to pure RNG luck. When it gets into the groove of nothing but oozes.....Blizz shows they clearly did not give a fuck about this content and just wanted it done.

yea, they butchered a fundamental game design concept of beating a real challenge through repetition, patience, and practice and just replaced that idea with 'iteration = difficulty'.

Tacitus_

How are they luck based? I found them very easy. If I didn't beat it one shot, I beat it in the second try.

The hunter one is extremely luck based since the whole deck is filled with web spinners. If you draw nothing but shite , or good but way too costly cards, you're going to lose. If your first three webspinners draw 3 king crushes you're going to lose.

Zafir

What are the benefits of Europe or Asia vs American servers?
Not really any difference outside of ping, but that's not a massive issue in a turn based card game. Some people seem to suggest there is difficulty differences with laddering/arena between the servers but who knows.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You get to play Naxx a few hours earlier.

Naxx is done though huehuehuehuehue.

zoukka

How are they luck based? I found them very easy. If I didn't beat it one shot, I beat it in the second try.

The decks are full of bad cards so bad opening hands are possible, thus it's luck based. The opponents are so easy that there is no skill required if you just curve out.

All in all they are extremely easy when compared to the heroics of course.

I feel the Warrior one depended on a great start. First try i died and made 0 damage second try i won with 30 life and 20 something armor.

I don't think that means it is really luck based seeing as it only took you two tries. And you probably learned something from the first attempt that made a big difference.

Regarding the paladin challenge specifically, people keep saying their hands get clogged up with the oozes, but the same thing happened to me and that wasn't a problem, if anything it was a benefit because he can only freeze so many of them at once, and your goal early on is to get rid of the armor asap so he stops hitting you for 3 every turn.

The hunter one is extremely luck based since the whole deck is filled with web spinners. If you draw nothing but shite , or good but way too costly cards, you're going to lose. If your first three webspinners draw 3 king crushes you're going to lose.

Well of course their is luck to that challenge. But still, every time I tried the challenge I won which leads me to believe that the element of skill involved is still present however luck based it is.

Ikkarus

Same thing happened to me for a while and then I suddenly found myself fluctuating between 1 and 2, never between 2 and 3 for some reason. I actually picked up way more nuances about my play around rank 1 than I thought I would, so try and take it as a learning experience. It's a grind but you'll get there eventually.

What deck are you using btw?
Ah ok, I thought it was just me!

I decided to run with Hunter when I hit rank 3, seemed to have the best win rate compared to the other decks.

There seems to be two distinct Hunter decks out there at the moment, the Mad Scientist / Trap one and the Tracking / Timber Wolf one.

zoukka

And for the record the Paladin challenge was the only one I didn't clear in one or two tries. When I finally curved out into Cult Master I won very handily.

And for the record the Paladin challenge was the only one I didn't clear in one or two tries. When I finally curved out into Cult Master I won very handily.

Well I am not saying there isn't luck*, but just isn't to the degree that people have been saying. It is just like a somewhat non-standard aggro paladin deck that relies on divine favor and cult master for card draw. In a way, it actually has more card draw than real aggro decks... making cult master maybe an interesting one of to include in an aggro pally deck tbh.

ShinNL

Eat it you !@#!%!#!#@!$ EAT IT HARD! You cheating !@#!%!%!

:mad: DIIIEEEEEEEE

UXglwv8.jpg

crush7337

Banned
Onyxia worked wonders on Heroic Kel'Thuzad. Poor guy kept stealing whelps while he's getting hit by Onyxia, Rag, and Ashbringer. That final swing to the face felt so satisfying.

Saphhiron was a different story though. Somehow managed to hang on with 1 life and beat him. He had a Spectral Knight and a Mana Wyrm on board with 16 health. I used Leeroy, Cone of Cold on the 2 whelps which also froze the Spectral Knight, and Ice Lanced the Mana Wyrm. Hit him down to 10 and prayed he didn't draw another Frostbolt, then slammed a Pyroblast onto his face. Definitely the toughest heroic fight.

jkanownik

Priests are really starting to annoy me. I think I'm going to start auto forfeiting games against them. The games last forever with the decks I've been playing.

Tacitus_

Onyxia worked wonders on Heroic Kel'Thuzad. Poor guy kept stealing whelps while he's getting hit by Onyxia, Rag, and Ashbringer. That final swing to the face felt so satisfying.

Saphhiron was a different story though. Somehow managed to hang on with 1 life and beat him. He had a Spectral Knight and a Mana Wyrm on board with 16 health. I used Leeroy, Cone of Cold on the 2 whelps which also froze the Spectral Knight, and Ice Lanced the Mana Wyrm. Hit him down to 10 and prayed he didn't draw another Frostbolt, then slammed a Pyroblast onto his face. Definitely the toughest heroic fight.

Oh, I found him rather easy. I had the hardest time in wings 3-4, where you basically had to open with hand x and after countering the bosses' play, hope that they didn't continue it.

Like fucking Gluth. I destroyed his weapon and thought, yes, smooth sailing. Then he pulls a 2nd. When he didn't, I completely destroyed him :|

Celegus

There's no secret bonus for clearing everything on heroic, correct? The challenge is kind of fun, but I just don't have the time to figure them out especially when I have quests to complete for gold yet.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I used freeze mage with alex and rag plus oozes. But there are probably better decks because I had to continually concede on turn 2 until I had the perfect draw against the AI's poor draw. Only heroic I've had to do that on so far.

CoolOff

I am this fucking close to start playing Zoo because I'm so bad at this game. Maybe I should just go back to cheesing with Hunter until they nerf it instead of sucking at Warrior and Priest.

Cipherr

Was skeptical but yeah the deck they give the Paladin class challenge is total shit. It very clearly revolved around a single win condition, you buffing oozes. Lame as hell, Ill beat it and never do it again.

They literally give you TERRIBLE minions so you have next to zero chance outside of RNG drawing your cards in the perfect order. And you get zero taunts from what I can see also, meanwhile he plays plenty of taunt walls and actually interrupts your turn to auto play another taunt wall for free while gaining a hero power min control for the rest of the battle.

Thats not even remotely... Its so far past ridiculous that I cannot believe there is any way they intended for it to be anything other than a one and done. Im so disappointed with everything from Naxx outside of the cards. Its incredibly lazy.

For the dude who makes all minions 1 health

What'd you guys use to beat him, I know kill the weapon

Priest, thoughsteal/mind vision his weapon, use spells and your deathrattle minions to clear his deathrattle minions, try and silence his skeletal smiths, ooze his weapon, hit him with your massively buffed weapon for a few turns.

Dreavus

Was skeptical but yeah the deck they give the Paladin class challenge is total shit. It very clearly revolved around a single win condition, you buffing oozes. Lame as hell, Ill beat it and never do it again.

They literally give you TERRIBLE minions so you have next to zero chance outside of RNG drawing your cards in the perfect order. And you get zero taunts from what I can see also, meanwhile he plays plenty of taunt walls and actually interrupts your turn to auto play another taunt wall for free while gaining a hero power min control for the rest of the battle.

Thats not even remotely... Its so far past ridiculous that I cannot believe there is any way they intended for it to be anything other than a one and done. Im so disappointed with everything from Naxx outside of the cards. Its incredibly lazy.

Other than a few cone of colds and a twisting nether, i don't think Kel'Thuzad can do much to you if you just drop everything with that deck. I ended up getting a 3 card divine favour, followed by a huge cultmaster that filled my hand a few turns later and just overwhelmed him. If you can get extra cards like that and have a bit of owl back-up, he can't keep up.

He didn't use his 8 hero power against me at all except one single time, which got him a 1/1 to trade with another 1/1. I guess he didn't think that my minions were worth it most of the time and just played whatever he drew that turn instead.

FStop7

Banned
As someone who plays Mad Scientist Hunter...I don't think this is true at all. At best it might be 55/45, wins are heavily dependent on drawing UTH.

I've had really good luck, then. I've beaten Zoo decks consistently. Priest is the class I've found to be most troublesome.

On another note, I finished Naxx yesterday. Seems like KT (the boss not the card) was designed with Paladins in mind. Makes sense, given the lore. Sapphiron was easy on Normal. So was KT, when using a Paladin deck. Using other classes, KT was kind of tough, even on Normal.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can't decide if I want to disenchant my onyxia for 400 dust in order to craft a Tirion or Leeroy...

Card is admittedly shitty but I guess she can fit in some druid decks and with expansions, could potentially be decent at some point. What do you guys think?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So, if you have a Kel'Thuzad then Faceless it...what happens? Does it keep reviving the other if you don't kill both off on the same turn?

So, if you have a Kel'Thuzad then Faceless it...what happens? Does it keep reviving the other if you don't kill both off on the same turn?

Yes, and anything the dies will be resurrected for how many KTs you have. Example, if you have three KTs and a 1/1 dies. At the end of that turn, you'll get three 1/1s.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yes, and anything the dies will be resurrected for how many KTs you have. Example, if you have three KTs and a 1/1 dies. At the end of that turn, you'll get three 1/1s.

Holy shit, I didn't think it would stack. That could get HILARIOUS with Reincarnate/Ancestral Spirit.

Holy shit, I didn't think it would stack. That could get HILARIOUS with Reincarnate/Ancestral Spirit.

Yeah, have to be a bit careful with it though. When I first got four KTs with some shenanigans, I ended up filling my board with taunt totems. Have to remember that they will resurrect in the order they die. Pretty sure anyway, hard to test and be sure.

Celegus

Awwww yeah.

mD09cA2.jpg

Gave me enough for two packs, and got another Tirion. I only have 3 legendaries, Hearthstone! I dusted him and finally have 1600, but it might be wiser to spend it on rare/epic since I'm still missing a ton of the good ones.

johnsmith

remember me
Anybody watching Trump? Kelthuzad is so fucking broken. Double Rags killed both KT and a Spectral Knight and they BOTH came back to life.

Mirimar

So now there's a hard counter against Ragnaros. It's clearly working based on game mechanics, albeit it seems really weird. Kel'Thuzad died after the fact the turn ended, so apparently, his ability still triggers. It's still really sketchy...though. What is considered end of turn? In this case, it was after both Rags killed both minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom