• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rac

Banned
well the unlimited reroll doesn't work anymore for me so no more easy packs

the dream of crafting sylvanas is over, only 600 dust short

guess its time to get good at arenas

edit: im sad

Tarazet

I still haven't lost vs control warrior with midrange priest. This matchup is like the most lopsided in history. Also KT is definitely worth using.

The fucking game loved to match me up against Priests when I was playing the early versions of Control Warrior. They were always long, grueling and painful games that I usually lost by having an activated Grom Mind Controlled or something equally swingy and ridiculous. And if I played around that, then it came down to fatigue and at that point it was 50/50 if I could pull out a win.

Speaking of KT, I spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get him down on Heroic. I used the Paladin and Priest decks that had the highest ratings on Hearthpwn for the fight. The Paladin deck just got repeatedly stomped and couldn't even get to the MC phase. The Priest deck made it to that phase, but his board was so much better at that point that I couldn't recover. I almost think the Paladin challenge deck would have had an easier time with him than either of those decks.. you need a perfect pull and a lot of luck.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally got to live the dream and harrison a doomhammer. Amazed the guy didn't instantly concede. He lost, of course.

The fucking game loved to match me up against Priests when I was playing the early versions of Control Warrior. They were always long, grueling and painful games that I usually lost by having an activated Grom Mind Controlled or something equally swingy and ridiculous. And if I played around that, then it came down to fatigue and at that point it was 50/50 if I could pull out a win.
I don't run mind control, but stealing their armorsmiths and acolytes is almost as good.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Facehunter is back. Just played 2 in a row. They're running shade of naxxramas now.

did they ever leave ?

Bro fk that shit, even without infinite reroll, you get an average of 1 pack every 2 days (more with timely total dominance). Give it a couple weeks and you'll get there.

rac

Banned
Bro fk that shit, even without infinite reroll, you get an average of 1 pack every 2 days (more with timely total dominance). Give it a couple weeks and you'll get there.

Doing only 40 gold quests, cause I really hate arena.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Finished Heroic Kel'Thuzad off with Ashbringer and Avenging Wrath. Felt SO good! His "NoooOOooooOOooo!" that seemed to go on forever felt at once both immensely hilarious and satisfying.

Though I did have an amusing moment where I accidentally went and started a ranked match on auto-pilot instead of starting the Kel'Thuzad fight. I'm sitting their wondering why Kel'Thuzad looks like a Warlock. (Apparently control pally is great against zoolock too.)

Any build Alarm-o-bot works with? Just seemed like a fun card so I bought it for 100 dust. I've tried it a few times and I think it worked well once. The other two times my opponent made a conscious effort to kill him immediately.

Any build Alarm-o-bot works with? Just seemed like a fun card so I bought it for 100 dust. I've tried it a few times and I think it worked well once. The other two times my opponent made a conscious effort to kill him immediately.

It might work in a ramp druid deck, and I've considered using it for a demon warlock deck after getting a ton of use out of it completely by accident during an arena run, but now void caller does the same thing but better.

I don't think it'll ever be a legit play though, it'll always be just a fun gimmick.

ShinNL

I think running 1 is pretty good in the new death rattle Shaman deck (2 seemed a bit too much), since most minions don't have battlecries, allowing you to use reincarnate combos. Shaman naturally has some good taunts to protect it, or even over taunt it (flametongue, manatide, forcing your opponent into a decision).

Getting an Earth Elemental without overload is pretty good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Feel how the rest of the world has felt for a year now...

Special C

I think running 1 is pretty good in the new death rattle Shaman deck (2 seemed a bit too much), since most minions don't have battlecries, allowing you to use reincarnate combos. Shaman naturally has some good taunts to protect it, or even over taunt it (flametongue, manatide, forcing your opponent into a decision).

Getting an Earth Elemental without overload is pretty good.

Can minions attack the turn they come into play from Alarm-O-Bot?

ShinNL

I'm considering crafting Alexstrasza and Al 'Akir just to make control Shaman work, but I don't know yet. 3200 is a lot of dust. Maybe just Alexstrasza. That will probably solve a lot of burn plays and can allow me to have turns like double molten, alex, ancestral healing for taunt. KT and reincarnate plays are just so awesome it would be a shame to miss out, out of fear not being able to heal.

Ikkarus

Getting King Krush from a Web Spinner is always interesting. Turn 9 came around and the dino dealt the finishing blow against the miracle rogue.

Makes up for the times I pulled Angry Chicken and Hungry Crab!

Boba2007

I've been playing my Secret Deathrattle deck all day today, so much fun.

Also got some sweet revenge on handlock.

ZBplrSW.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anbokr shit at Arenas confirmed.

i ain't got time for that shit bro

yeah i'm shit at arena and I find constructed more fun, so I have no desire to get better or spend any time in arena, would rather just drop 100g for packs

Put out baron rivendale as a psuedo taunt to stop this shaman from hitting my face, but he keeps hitting my face regardless, and plays the 4/7 thaddius legendary. Next turn I play sylvanas reincarnate and manage to steal it. He is undeterred and plays the 7/4 next turn, and hexes my sylvanas.

I trade my stolen 4/7 into it and spawn 2 thaddiuses, and I hex his thaddius. The dream! (I nearly died to reincarnate leeroy the next turn because I didn't put a taunt down).

CoolOff

The Chrome-extension for adding Twitch-chat to old VODs is the greatest thing since AdBlock. Just watched Reynad queuing up with his heroic deck yesterday, and chats reaction was absolutely brilliant.

zoukka

The Chrome-extension for adding Twitch-chat to old VODs is the greatest thing since AdBlock. Just watched Reynad queuing up with his heroic deck yesterday, and chats reaction was absolutely brilliant.

That's like inserting youtube comments inside videos...

Minsc

Gold Member
I had a Mage freeze Al'Akir on me the other day, after I played it on turn 8 (they had used up both polymorphs already) and just hit to the face twice. Reincarnate + Faceless made for a fun turn 9. Shame I didn't have a FTT to drop in the middle, but 18 damage and two 3/5 divine shield windfury minions were enough to get a win without it. :)

Man, got so close with KT Heroic last night. Pretty sure Priest is the way to go. What a fight though - love all the unique dialogue depending on your class.

Great expansion overall, polish is amazing and the game has changed my opinion on Free to play forever. GOTY easily so far.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, got so close with KT Heroic last night. Pretty sure Priest is the way to go. What a fight though - love all the unique dialogue depending on your class.

Great expansion overall, polish is amazing and the game has changed my opinion on Free to play forever. GOTY easily so far.

Control Paladin is the way to go IMO. You can heal through the frost bolt pain to your face. Eventually he'll go to phase 2 on his own and then you can board clear with equality to get rid of the 5/5s. Then the hero power tokens can be caught by his MC hero power.

yeah, i squeaked by with paladin. i was out of cards and had a 5/4 ooze and a 1/1 token on the board and KT was at 4 life. he mind controlled the token.

Tacitus_

I did it with a practically unchanged murlock warlock. Just swapped out the imps for chows since the heal wouldn't matter through the armor. Got it in my third try I think and on my first I didn't draw any murlocs before like turn 5.

I really loved all the attention to detail the team gave to KT. Pretty cool that he responds to every emote and has a different reaction to each hero you use.

Haunted

I've been trying to beat heroic KT for hours now... any suggestions?

Edit:

Got really close, but of course he steals the best possible minion every time, and I didn't draw my Prophet.

Edit 2: Finally got lucky and beat him.
The best way for me was to focus on rushing him down with smaller minions in the first phase, then go to the face with burn spells in the second.

I've tried to beat the second phase with strong board control several times, but just ran into Twisting Nether, or worse, his hero power stealing my strong minions every time.

But yeah, I think there was a lot of RNG involved in the last two fights. Even using the same exact deck as I did in my eventual win, I could not beat it consistently. Feels like I got lucky that time.

I really loved all the attention to detail the team gave to KT. Pretty cool that he responds to every emote and has a different reaction to each hero you use.
To be honest, that's the kind of attention every character in Naxxramas should've gotten. 17 lines per character, that's not much (win/lose, 9 class responses, 6 emote responses).

imBask

Banned
screw you and your mage deathrattle/secret deck, my crazy deathrattle warlock is the best

no it isn't, it doesn't work but I wish it did

Ikkarus

Wow this deathrattle/secret mage is a deck.
I've seen a few of them and they are really great the only issue is facing against Hunters with Flare's. Considering just how many Hunters there are on the ladder right now it can kind of ruin the deck.

Still great fun though!

zoukka

I've seen a few of them and they are really great the only issue is facing against Hunters with Flare's. Considering just how many Hunters there are on the ladder right now it can kind of ruin the deck.

Still great fun though!

I've yet to face a hunter today in EU...

gutshot

Never give in. Arena is garbage. Im never gonna do it regularly.

The thing that sucks about it is the random deck construction doesn't guarantee you an even draw. Last night I did a run where I didn't get any epics or legendaries and I'm going up against dudes dropping Rag and Faceless Manipulator. I don't mind the randomness of what cards you will get in the draw, since you can always build a decent deck given 3 choices for each slot. But they should make it so that everyone gets the same quality of cards, at least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it?

The problem I ran into brewing Secrets and Deathrattle is that Mage/Paladin just runs out of gas too quickly. For Paladin, if you don't draw Divine Favor, you're going to get sweeped by a Consecrate/Swipe/Hellfire/Thunderstorm. Mage only has Arcane Intellect, which is balls.

imBask

Banned
Arena is fairly random and kinda unfair, but at the same time if people like Kripp can manage to get 8+ wins in the majority of his runs, there is some skill involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom