• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see what you're saying now. Rag killed a minion, and it came right back. Interesting.

Edit: Wait, so it was after KT already died and was off the board?

Double Edit: I guess I'll just check the VoD if I can.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You're right. Only the spectral came back. But it's still messed up.

Wait, did KT die before the Spectral Knight and still revive him? Or did he die after and still have his effect kick in?

Either way, sounds like a taunt would be crazy good if it means the taunt comes back to life even if you get through the wall and take him out.

Mirimar

Wait, did KT die before the Spectral Knight and still revive him? Or did he die after and still have his effect kick in?

Either way, sounds like a taunt would be crazy good if it means the taunt comes back to life even if you get through the wall and take him out.

KT died first, then the Spectral. They both did resurrect.

johnsmith

remember me
KT died first, then the Spectral. They both did resurrect.
They did? Jesus. It was such a mindfuck I can't even remember what happened. Seemed too unbelievable. Card is definitely getting nerfed. Should be a battlecry effect at best. Or only during your own turn, but for it to be during both players turns is just broken.

It's definitely going into my priest build though.

Have to say, seeing Thaddius walk over Yesera is so satisfying.

Edit: Thanks john.

Double Edit: Are you sure that's the right time stamp?

Guessing you meant five hours, not five minutes, lol.

centracore

FINALLY.

mVygOML.png

Heroic Kel'Thuzad took a lot longer than I care to admit.

Cipherr

Reddit thread is talking, saying it has to be a bug. KT shouldn't be able to resurrect himself after dying, but that's how the mechanic is working. This is specific with Ragnaros kills, though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2e3ks2/til_kelthuzad_can_resurrect_itself_after/

http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/560123900
5:58:00

Trump's reaction is classic. From joy to shock immediately.

This is mad hilarious. Obviously broken but WOW at losing a game to that...

rac

Banned
Can't decide if I want to disenchant my onyxia for 400 dust in order to craft a Tirion or Leeroy...

Card is admittedly shitty but I guess she can fit in some druid decks and with expansions, could potentially be decent at some point. What do you guys think?

your gonna craft a leeroy and you bitch about hunter. fuck off

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Just had a shaman mirror against strifecro where between us we had 6 Kel'Thuzard's in play at once. (and one played earlier by him for a total of 7 KTs in one game)

On a somewhat clear board, I did KT + reincarnate for double KT. He countered with faceless, ancestral, reincarnate.

At that point both of us were struggling to actually do anything because the KTs were summoning basically infinity taunt totems/frogs.

I eventually won solely because I top-decked lightning storm first.

I love this game.

Minsc

Gold Member
My favorite KT story so far is reading some guy who said their opponent played a KT, and then on their turn they played sylvanas and fireball'd it, stealing KT, then at the end of their turn KT brought their sylvanas back to life and their opponent quit.

This is mad hilarious. Obviously broken but WOW at losing a game to that...

Maybe it's just because it queues up all the end of turn actions at one time, and KT's revival process gets in the queue, but Rag processes the 8 damage first... that sounds reasonable if that's the case.

slayn

The rag/kt interaction could theoretically make sense if KT is played first

End of turn begins
process cards in first played -> first activated
1 kt was played first, his effect goes off (is added to the end of the stack), now no matter what all killed minions will revive after all 'end of turn' effects
2 rag was played second and now fires, kills kt
3 all other end of turn effects are processed
4 all minions killed are now revived. Since this effect was placed on the stack during 1, it doesn't matter if kt is still alive or not.

edit: likewise, sylvanas stealing KT and then getting revived makes perfect sense. That should happen regardless of order played.

Zafir

Well, KT was played second out of the three.

So it seems like the game queues up the actions at the start of the 'end of turn'. Ragnaros' killing goes first regardless of when it was played, and then KT still revives everything despite it dying because it was queued to go.

I was so wrong, so wrong. Stalagg / Fuegen / Thaddius are amazing, just takes shaman. Between Reincarnation and Ancestral Spirit, I got three Thaddius in one game. Feels so good, shame it's only in the lower ranks though.

Minsc

Gold Member
No it doesn't slayn. There is no creature with the revive effect on the table.

But there was when the turn was ended. That's when the effects get tallied in to the queue.

KT is alive at the end of turn. His effect goes in the queue. Rag is alive at the end of turn. His effect goes in the queue.

Both effects are in the queue, both creatures are alive at the "end of turn."

Rag's effect takes place at the "end of the turn" and so does KT's. For one ability to happen, the other also has to be able to happen, because both happen at the end of turn. Perhaps because of the way KT's is, it is always placed last in the end of turn effects, since that way it will revive the most creatures.

Like imagine if Rag hit some random minion instead of KT, if KT's end of turn effect happened first (before Rag goes off), KT wouldn't revive the random creature Rag hits, and that could create much more confusion, since then KT is actually not reviving all creatures killed that turn.

Raxus

But there was when the turn was ended. That's when the effects get tallied in to the queue.

KT is alive at the end of turn. His effect goes in the queue. Rag is alive at the end of turn. His effect goes in the queue.

Both effects are in the queue, both creatures are alive at the end of turn.

But KT's effect isn't a deathrattle. His effect should be removed from the cue the second he dies.

Honestly though it is one of those card rules that has to get resolved from Blizzard itself much like how deathrattles were fixed.

JesseZao

Both effects are in the queue, both creatures are alive at the "end of turn."

Rag's effect takes place at the "end of the turn" and so does KT's. For one ability to happen, the other also has to be able to happen, because both happen at the end of turn. Perhaps because of the way KT's is, it is always placed last in the end of turn effects, since that way it will revive the most creatures.

Like imagine if Rag hit some random minion instead of KT, if KT's end of turn effect happened first (before Rag goes off), KT wouldn't revive the random creature Rag hits, and that could create much more confusion, since then KT is actually not reviving all creatures killed that turn.

This seems perfectly logical.

slayn

rewatching the vod its the rag that was played first that killed KT, so it can't be a first played order like deathrattle. It must be the way minsc is describing.

do people even feel good about themselves when they win with leeroy?

Trust me, it feels AMAZING to murder someone with four Leeroys in one turn.

I'm just messing around though, not trying to provoke, so please don't take it that way. In a sense, everything you can do, the other player can do too, so I see that makes it fair in a sense.

Minsc

Gold Member
rewatching the vod its the rag that was played first that killed KT, so it can't be a first played order like deathrattle. It must be the way minsc is describing.

Here's what one of the mvps (aka normal poster turned a special color) on Hearthstone's forums thinks:

Jagos said:
It's not a bug, end/start of turn is, for lack of a better word, a "status freeze" just like spells are. Everything in that "status freeze" it is resolving at roughly the same time. It's a little difficult to pin down what exactly is going on with the coding and it seems to have changed some with the way deathrattles resolve in Naxx.

It seems to do something like:
end/start of turn effects fire off
damage resolves
deaths resolve (simultaneously)
deathrattles resolve
end/start of turn effects re-check
repeat
when nothing else is left to do, end/start of turn event ends.

So what actually happens is Kel'thuzad dies, but the end of turn event is activate and he was there for it, so he can revive himself. (Sort of like playing Mindgames into Wild Pyromancer

EDIT: Now you can of course debate if this is intended design or just part of the way Hearthstone is programmed, but I don't think it can be called a "bug".

I'm sure we'll get an official comment soon, but I could see it going either way really.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is what happens when you make a game card game without a stack.

Xanathus

Also is quest rerolling bugged out for anyone else? When I try to reroll the quest disappears and when I reopen the quest menu it shows the same quest is there but I can't reroll it. It's not even in the time window where the quests are bugged.

Zafir

I remember seeing that before, and I was flabbergasted at the price. Amaz is charging 150 dollars per hour, which is even higher.

Like they're amazing players, but that seems extraordinarily priced. It makes me wonder how many people they get. I can't imagine there's a lot of people who have so much more money than time that they'd be willing to spend so much on learning to play a video game.

slayn

It's demand destroying supply. The top players want to spend relatively little of their time coaching if at all, and a shit ton of people want coaching, so they can charge stupidly high prices.

It's not really about 'what is a good price for an hour.' Its 'how high of a price do I need to charge that only 1 person/week is willing to pay it so that I don't end up with a queue of 1000 people who bough coaching.'

My favorite KT story so far is reading some guy who said their opponent played a KT, and then on their turn they played sylvanas and fireball'd it, stealing KT, then at the end of their turn KT brought their sylvanas back to life and their opponent quit.

I will keep this in mind next time KT comes into play and I have Sylvanas as a Priest... I love Shadow Word: Death for cases like this. It basically makes SW:D a 3-mana Mind Control if Sylvanas's Deathrattle nabs KT.

Zafir

It's demand destroying supply. The top players want to spend relatively little of their time coaching if at all, and a shit ton of people want coaching, so they can charge stupidly high prices.

It's not really about 'what is a good price for an hour.' Its 'how high of a price do I need to charge that only 1 person/week is willing to pay it so that I don't end up with a queue of 1000 people who bough coaching.'

Well, yeah, that was Amaz's reasoning when it was brought up on stream the other day.

I think it's just surprising because it's a game and you don't really expect such dear coaching for that. I guess it just shows video games are becoming more like real life sports.

imBask

Banned
I posted it on reddit already but I thought you guys might like my screenshot too

it kept happening everytime I would put my game fullscreen

R3UGqFT.jpg

yeah mine does that when I accidentally make it full screen by dragging the window up to the top of the screen. if you actually want to play full screen you have to do it in the client.

johnsmith

remember me
I still haven't lost vs control warrior with midrange priest. This matchup is like the most lopsided in history. Also KT is definitely worth using.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Also is quest rerolling bugged out for anyone else? When I try to reroll the quest disappears and when I reopen the quest menu it shows the same quest is there but I can't reroll it. It's not even in the time window where the quests are bugged.

I was getting something similar last night during the usual infinite quest reroll period. Try to reroll, quest would disappear. Go back in and the original quest would reappear and you could try to reroll again but the same thing would happen. I just tried rerolling right now during the normal time period and it worked the normal way. It seems like their "fix" was just kind of sloppy.

If you're doing it during the normal time window it should change to a new quest. That's what happened with me.

Xanathus

I was getting something similar last night during the usual infinite quest reroll period. Try to reroll, quest would disappear. Go back in and the original quest would reappear and you could try to reroll again but the same thing would happen. I just tried rerolling right now during the normal time period and it worked the normal way. It seems like their "fix" was just kind of sloppy.

If you're doing it during the normal time window it should change to a new quest. That's what happened with me.

I just tried it and it's still not working at all, and it wasn't working a few hours ago either.

Raxus

The old amaz style priest that relies on rng and lucky combos or new priest? The only time I come close to losing is if I overextend and a brawl wipes my board.
I guess Amaz if new priest popped up a couple days ago. I find if you are bold and stop focusing on board control with priest they can't catch up.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Heroic Sapphiron took me forever using a trap hunter deck, but I beat Heroic Kel'thuzad pretty darn easy with a control pally deck.

Boba2007

I've been trying to beat heroic KT for hours now... any suggestions?

Edit:

Got really close, but of course he steals the best possible minion every time, and I didn't draw my Prophet.

Edit 2: Finally got lucky and beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom