• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triz

Just had a priest shadow death my sneeds shredder and out comes kel thuzad. Instant thank you followed by a concede lol.

I haven't played ladder much this season. But seems to be the same old hunter/mech aggro mage decks being played with some ramp druid mixed in.

But seriously, vomit decks... I'm coming for you.

antivomit.png

Just a 6 damage AOE, plus a 12/12 being played, and effectively a cold blood (sword oil + spare part for 1 attack) on the shade... all for a mere 6 mana with prep and coin.

Dahbomb

Can we agree to nerf flamestrike again? Arena is such a fucking joke now because of it.
Been saying this since forever although a better change would be to just change its rarity and give Mages some other free class card instead. By making it an Uncommon/Rare you are less likely to run across it in Arena.

Flamestrike is Constructed is fine, strong enough to be played in decks but not OP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If they wanted to balance arena more, the best first step would be give rarities to all the basic cards. I don't see why the free cards can't have rarities.

johnsmith

remember me
I really hope they start teasing the next content so I can force myself to start saving gold again. Makes it a lot easier when you're working towards something.

zoukka

If they wanted to balance arena more, the best first step would be give rarities to all the basic cards. I don't see why the free cards can't have rarities.

If they REALLY wanted to balance arena, they would offer the same amount of rarities to everyone. And weight hero specific cards to all rarities. Fireball has no business being a common card in arena, it's the mist broken card in the format. Flamestrike you can play around at least.

Xanathus

Hah, just won as a control warrior vs a mill rogue. It came down to fatigue for both of us with me having a Dr Boom + 4 Boom Bots (he sapped Boom earlier) on board vs him with 2 3/3s. I was dead next turn to fatigue, but had Brawl so the Boom Bots damage all went to his face.

It's always funny when people try to fake you out with a spell card. Had a Paladin put me three health and for a couple seconds hovered a spell over me. I was sure I was dead considering the rush deck he was running but then he conceded. Had to of been Lay on Hands since he was already in Fatigue. Really surprised he didn't have another Concentrate or even Avenging Wrath though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's always funny when people try to fake you out with a spell card. Had a Paladin put me three health and for a couple seconds hovered a spell over me. I was sure I was dead considering the rush deck he was running but then he conceded. Had to of been Lay on Hands since he was already in Fatigue. Really surprised he didn't have another Concentrate or even Avenging Wrath though.

Turn opening "I'm sorry" into a flurry of face attacks has won me many undeserved games.

Decided to try Arena Value for my latest arena run, went 0-3 for the first time in as long as I can remember.

To be fair I did choose warrior because it was my daily and I don't have the cards for playing it in constructed

Rapstah

Seriously considering putting Blingtron in my deck so I can get use out of the weapon cards I keep Thoughstealing from Rogues. Talk me out of it.

ZZMitch

Seriously considering putting Blingtron in my deck so I can get use out of the weapon cards I keep Thoughstealing from Rogues. Talk me out of it.

I think he's best in Mage (you can use water elemental and chugga chugga to freeze out your opponent if you don't have a Harrison handy) but not bad in Priest. Run Recombobulator for ultimate fun :p

Rapstah

He isn't terrible. If you go for it make sure you're running Harrison as well.
Sounds reasonable.

I think he's best in Mage (you can use water elemental and chugga chugga to freeze out your opponent if you don't have a Harrison handy) but not bad in Priest. Run Recombobulator for ultimate fun :p
Looking at the list of 5-mana stuff it can turn into, Recombobulator actually looks great to use on Blingtron.

ViviOggi

Blingtron + Harrison + Recombo is what Amaz was using in his full stealing mode deck shortly after GvG release. That version is really strong against aggro but gets rekt by heavy control, I don't think he ever revised it though. The other day he was arguing on his stream that Priest is kinda bad right now, and coming from him that says a lot.

CrunchyB

Hey guys, about a week ago I watched Jeff Green play Hearthstone on Twitch and thought about giving it a shot.

It has dominated my life this last week :eek:

Played various classes for a few days, so far so good. I tried the Arena 3 times without knowing what I was doing, I won *1* game after a lucky opening, was thrashed in all other games.

Then I thought, what the hell, this is the best fun I had in a long time, might as well spend some money. I bought Naxxramas and bought 5 extra packs of cards.

So yesterday I finished the main quest of Naxxramas and received the Kel’Thuzad card. Of course I had to try it out at once.

No joke, this happened the first time I played with the card in my deck.

Infinite Thaddius! :D

Now it's probably time to start reading up on strategy. After taking a quick glance on how to construct an Arena deck I won the first 4 games in a row. Just by selecting a lot of cost effective monsters and removal spells. The difference was huge compared to my initial attempts.

Rapstah

It'd be awesome to have the next exp/adventure be based on Ulduar. But I'm not holding my breath.

Blackwing Lair or Molten Core (Firelands?) feel more likely since they already made Flame Leviathan a card in GVG, but I'd agree that Ulduar would make a way cooler Naxxramas-style raid expansion with a single-player element than either of those two.

egruntz

shelaughz
So this has been going better than expected:

Not shown: double Sea Giant, Mind Control

Four Mages and a Paladin so far. 6-3 incoming, but as someone who isn't very good at Arena I'm so pleased already.

That's a stupidly good arena deck.
x2 Shrink and x2 Cabal?
x2 Holy Nova for clear?
Card draw in Cleric +PWS?
ALL your 4 drops are pure value... Mid game owned.
Late game with giants.

Nice.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blackwing Lair or Molten Core (Firelands?) feel more likely since they already made Flame Leviathan a card in GVG, but I'd agree that Ulduar would make a way cooler Naxxramas-style raid expansion with a single-player element than either of those two.

Nefarian seems conspicuously absent as a card, I think some kind of Blackwing Lair/Descent expansion is likely. Molten Core is an iconic and classic raid but Ragnaros and Baron Geddon are already cards and most of the other bosses in Molten Core are more boring conceptually. Lots of snakes. Garr might be an interesting card, though.

Special C

I'm playing a Midrange Warlock but I use Dire Wolves, Knife Jugglers, Arguses, Abusives to take advantage of Imp-Losions and Creepers. It's great because it looks like Zoo to start with then the Belchers and Dr Boom start to come out. Really throws people off.

Tacitus_

Bah, finished 9-3

Would've gone further as I had the paladin on the ropes but then he topdicked KT and I had no removal so I couldn't do jack. Got one pack, golden UTH (FU Blizz) and 200g.

Tacitus_

Motherfucker. Got a 2nd mage deck which I thought would go 7+ easily. Then I get 2-3'd due to two druids pulling all sorts of nonsense for exact lethal from their hand.

CoolOff

Playing against stall-lock and thinking it's handlock is apparently devastating. Just lol at 2x Twisting Nethers and Deathwing.

ViviOggi

Pretty ridiculous misplays by Amaz, silencing the Doomsayer instead of killing it (when he even had Rag in hand) and then popping the Ice Block at 5 HP instead of 1

Didn't matter in the end but those were legit rookie mistakes

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In theory if it is gonna mirror Naxx they need a raid with multiple wings, but not to many wings/bosses.

That means things like LRBS/UBRS, Strat, Kara ect... would in theory all be out because to large for one expansion if they want to try and shoot for $25 DLC again.

Idk tho...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I wish people were a bit more experimental in Casual mode. It's the same shit as Ranked. Hand locks and mechmages and zoo. Zzzzz

Magnus

Dismal priest arena draft.

No legendaries. One epic (Blood Knight was actually the best choice, lol). No Holy Novas, Auchenais/CoHs, etc. A ton of 4-drops like Spectral Knights and Azure Drakes and Yetis.

At least I got a Cleric and a PWS, first time I've seen either in Arena for Priest.

Oh, at least I have two MCs and a Velen's Chosen….lol

edit-
Totalled by a rogue with all the staple rogue cards and a Dr. Boom to boot. How is that fair.

edit2-
Huh, 2-1 now. Did ok against another priest with even worse cards, and a shaman.

edit3-
Yup, 2-3. Awful. Pack had two Crackles in it at least. lol.

I'm half tempted to restart on the americas. Goddamn 3 wins and you're facing mages with 3 flame cannons in EU.

Yeah i don't know what the fuck is up with EU arena but the decks i faced at 3+ are ridiculous bordering on constructed lvl decks. Meanwhile i cant draft a truesilver champ to save my life great balance in this game.

Special C

I'm not knocking legit Priest players but it seems like EVERY time I play some doofus who takes the whole time to play their turns it's always Priest. It really makes it that much worse because even when they are bad it just takes that much longer to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom