• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Trying out that Echo mage Savjz is playing, very fun so far. Did make some adjustments, put in 2x fireball and a poly instead of MCT but it has been really fun to play with so far.

Edit:

vpiICCO.jpg

Stole his Tirion then echoed him twice, first time just tirion the second time with a shade and BGH he just killed. Won the game with the 8 hp left.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I might give the arena mode another chance.

Looking at how pathetic my card collection is, and looking at the arena rewards scaling, it seems like arena might be the best way to earn cards, gold, and dust, AS LONG AS I can win at least 3-4 games per run. I never had much luck with arena in the past (my highest ever run is 4 wins, but I've had a lot of 0-3 runs too) but now I believe I understand the game better than I did back then. I certainly have a better knowledge of what makes a card good or bad, and know pretty well which cards are always considered good to have. Not to mention the fact that I now know that some classes are much stronger picks for arena than others due to their class cards and powers. I used to always pick warlock whenever I could in arena simply because I like the class, that may be part of why I lost so much.

What do people think , for card accumulation is constructed better than arena, or vice versa?

Trying out that Echo mage Savjz is playing, very fun so far. Did make some adjustments, put in 2x fireball and a poly instead of MCT but it has been really fun to play with so far.

Edit:

Stole his Tirion then echoed him twice, first time just tirion the second time with a shade and BGH he just killed. Won the game with the 8 hp left.

That's one of the scariest hands I've ever seen

gutshot

What do people think , for card accumulation is constructed better than arena, or vice versa?

Arena is definitely better provided you can consistently win 3 or more.

Have you tried using heartharena.com? It has helped me a lot, not only in drafting a consistent and coherent deck but also in recognizing what type of deck I have and what is the best way to play it.

I would also recommend starting an account on another region and just using that as your arena practice account. The best way to get better at arena is to play it a lot, and this lets you effectively double how often you can play it. Plus I find I tend to play a bit better when I don't have anything on the line, so to speak. This then translates into better results which gives you confidence that hopefully can carry over to when you play on your main account.

Good luck!

johnsmith

remember me
I might give the arena mode another chance.

Looking at how pathetic my card collection is, and looking at the arena rewards scaling, it seems like arena might be the best way to earn cards, gold, and dust, AS LONG AS I can win at least 3-4 games per run. I never had much luck with arena in the past (my highest ever run is 4 wins, but I've had a lot of 0-3 runs too) but now I believe I understand the game better than I did back then. I certainly have a better knowledge of what makes a card good or bad, and know pretty well which cards are always considered good to have. Not to mention the fact that I now know that some classes are much stronger picks for arena than others due to their class cards and powers. I used to always pick warlock whenever I could in arena simply because I like the class, that may be part of why I lost so much.

Arena is the best way, hands down, no contest as long as you can consistently get above 3 wins. I'll never need to spend another dollar on this game but will always be able to play any deck thanks to my arena skills. I'm not infinite, but I average 6 wins/130 gold, so that means I can play at least 14 arenas per week vs buying 3 packs if I bought my packs directly. The only downside is that it's very time consuming.

Depends. If you can consistently win 3 games then it is worth. It also depends on what cards you need, since Arena only gives GvG packs as rewards (you can still get individual Classic cards as rewards).

Warlock is pretty bad in Arena, but it has gotten a bit better. Mage and Paladin are the top two classes, because their best Arena cards are basic or common rarity, so there's more chance for them to come up. Only your 1st, 10th, 20th and 30th cards are guaranteed to be rare or better. Mages also have Flamestrike, which enables them to come from behind and win games they have no business winning.

Also, definitely use a tier list like HearthArena, but follow this:
First 10 cards: Quality over curve (pick the card with the highest rating)
Second 10 cards: Curve over quality (you want 6-8 2-drops for instance, and the 4-drop slot is crucial as well. In GvG Arena, miss an early drop and you probably lose)
Last 10 cards: Fill gaps in your deck (removal, AoE, Taunts, heals, maybe even an extra win condition etc)

Don't just click play the minute the gold swoosh comes down. Study your deck. How are you going to win? What is your best opener? How are you going to deal with Mages?

If you can play the game to a decent standard, it is probably drafting that is holding you back. I couldn't win an arena game for love nor money, but consulting the tier list has meant I can get 4-6 wins fairly often now.

I'm currently 4-0 with a Priest deck that really shouldn't be winning games. I have too much late game (2 Sea Giants, 2 Enforcers, 2 Cabal and a Mind Control) but I've been doing well.

Dahbomb

Arena is the best way, hands down, no contest as long as you can consistently get above 3 wins. I'll never need to spend another dollar on this game but will always be able to play any deck thanks to my arena skills. I'm not infinite, but I average 6 wins/130 gold, so that means I can play at least 14 arenas per week vs buying 3 packs if I bought my packs directly. The only downside is that it's very time consuming.
I agree with this and am in the same boat.

I am sad again today that my amazing 3 consecrate Paladin deck didn't carry me. I went up against another Paladin who also had 3 consecrates but I didn't even get to draw one of them. The deck made it to 7 wins so I am not too sad, it could've used one or two extra taunt minions though.

ViviOggi

Well I hadn't seen a legendary for 5+ runs and now I get two >_>

Only one flamestrike and my lategame consists of those two legs. Then again 2 blastmages + bomb lobber = gg

RuyNUVf.png
Dude that deck is unreal, you don't need Flamestrikes with that kind of high quality early curve and tons of insane tempo cards

Multiple Chuggers, Blastmages, Shattereds and 3 grills, Wyrm and Zombie Sjow, Mediv to get another hand full of value, super solid midgame and then those legendaries come in I DONT EVEN

johnsmith

remember me
Dude that deck is unreal, you don't need Flamestrikes with that kind of high quality early curve and tons of insane tempo cards

Multiple Chuggers, Blastmages, Shattereds and 3 grills, Wyrm and Zombie Sjow, Mediv to get another hand full of value, super solid midgame and then those legendaries come in I DONT EVEN

Yeah if he doesn't get 12 wins with this I would be amazed.

Dahbomb

It can still get rushed down with face damage pretty easily. Aside from Abomination there isn't a meaty enough Taunt on there. Taunts win games especially in the earlier phases where the numb nuts players are just going for face and hoping to top deck Fireball.

But 10+ wins is definitely par for the deck though.... you would have to get unlucky in the matches to not get that far (or just make bad plays).

johnsmith

remember me
It can still get rushed down with face damage pretty easily. Aside from Abomination there isn't a meaty enough Taunt on there. Taunts win games especially in the earlier phases where the numb nuts players are just going for face and hoping to top deck Fireball.

But 10+ wins is definitely par for the deck though.... you would have to get unlucky in the matches to not get that far (or just make bad plays).
Not really, the deck has 9 1 and 2 drops, so it has as good of early game as any rush deck. Played well it will easily out tempo and out value any aggro deck.

Tacitus_

idk, I'm gonna Kripp out before 10 wins due to "that's the exact card he needed to win" like rogues wiping my board with spellpower FoK (like just happened).
Last three games all got me to 10 hp, a druid froze my sylvanas and byy next turn had put out lethal on board and I barely managed to topdick my way out of it when I managed to kill his taunt and kill off sylvanas to steal his stealthed tiger.

I've been playing this game for about a month now, here's what my collection looks like:

dVVzfZX.png

Man, progress is really slow. Even with doing the daily every day, and spending all gold on relatively succesful arena runs (avg ~4 wins), I still feel so far away from being able to create my own deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm more scared about druids dropping three trees in a row or something since I have no hard removal and only one fireball.

Ironbark Protector is seriously scary in arena. Hate that card. And I never get it when Im Druid. D=

Tacitus_

Ironbark Protector is seriously scary in arena. Hate that card. And I never get it when Im Druid. D=

This druid I mentioned before dropped a tree, then the force tank, I responded with sylvanas, he froze her with some ultra coolant and then dropped one of those instakill snakes and made gave it +4 hp and taunt. I'm like fuuuuck, there went my plans.

Though then I topdicked flamestrike and killed his board and got his 5/1 stealthed tiger and coasted to win. Got kinda scary for a while.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1) Flamestrike was never nerfed
2) Flamestrike was technically nerfed with the introduction of GvG because mages are opening less Flamestrikes now than ever before

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm having a lot of difficulty finding this 6 mana Flamestrike. It must've been pre-Alpha or something because it's not mentioned anywhere here.

Fine I guess I was wrong, would have sworn it used to be 6 before the blizzard, cone of cold nerf. Whatever.

I have no issue with it in constructed, just arena.

edit: They should nerf the cost to at least 8, maybe 9.

Fine I guess I was wrong, would have sworn it used to be 6 before the blizzard, cone of cold nerf. Whatever.

I have no issue with it in constructed, just arena.

edit: They should nerf the cost to at least 8, maybe 9.

it's fine at 7. it just needs to be an epic to be balanced in arena.

Insaniac

Wow, nothing like playing around turn 3 duplicate, turn 4/5/6 water elemental.

Still won when he played a death lord and made him duplicate that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom