• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

hearthstone_screenshod1uve.png

hearthstone_screenshok4ulr.png

my_67c8c6_2548289laux2.jpg

Since we seem to have a bunch of new people in here who are working on building their collection, I'm going to post my collection spreadsheet again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Huh. So I filled it all out. Says my collection is 74.29% complete, needs 109,600 dust to complete. Estimated packs needed - 1370, $1,712.50. Or 1,957.14 days of grinding gold o_O

There's only 5 common cards I'm missing. The vast majority of the dust cost is in legendaries, with epics being about half as much as the legendary cost.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Since we seem to have a bunch of new people in here who are working on building their collection, I'm going to post my collection spreadsheet again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hey, that's a really slick spreadsheet! I think I'll fill it out just to get an idea of where I'm sitting....

Holy Crap, my collection is in worse shape than I thought!!!!

gf8ou94.jpg

So I have to grind gold for 7.6 years in order to get a full collection! o_O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think this is it.

I don't really get it? It's Control Warrior with Priest cards, but how do you actually win? I see it being strong against aggro, but you would have to hope that they run out of cards before you can draw your big cards.

Four BGH targets is probably too many as well.
I actually think more bgh targets work better, since they can normally only bgh 2 at most.

Going to run a mystic in my deck and see if it helps with freeze mages or mid range hunters at all.

Minsc

Gold Member
Legendaries are quite expensive.

That's nothing, just duplicate/edit the sheets for a golden collection, you're looking at around 8,000 packs, ~$11,000, or 35 years of grinding out gold as a F2P player (and each additional expansion they release will add around another 10 years to that number).

gutshot

Hey, that's a really slick spreadsheet! I think I'll fill it out just to get an idea of where I'm sitting....

Holy Crap, my collection is in worse shape than I thought!!!!

So I have to grind gold for 7.6 years in order to get a full collection! o_O

Those estimates are based on you getting literally all dupes from every pack and then dusting and crafting everything. I'd like to replace them with formulas using the drop rates of each rarity but I'm not good enough at math/spreadsheets to figure out how to do that.

Triz

Currently 6-0 on an arena run. Feels dirty with a mage and I drafted 3 flame strikes and 3 fireballs. But hey got to pick what comes up right?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mind control sneeds old shredder

Opponent plays KT

Run stolen sneeds into KT

Out pops legendary

Steal KT at the end of the turn

Resurrect sneed

Opponent concedes

Minsc

Gold Member
Those estimates are based on you getting literally all dupes from every pack and then dusting and crafting everything. I'd like to replace them with formulas using the drop rates of each rarity but I'm not good enough at math/spreadsheets to figure out how to do that.

They're based on a pack giving you 80 dust and you earning 70g per day, which is not really too far off (given many, many, many packs will net you only 40 dust, and the last 50,000 dust you need for a set is probably 30 legendaries, of which you're likely to have every other card besides those).

Basically, the more cards you have, the more accurate those numbers become. Maybe when you're just starting they're pretty inaccurate, but by the time you need under or around 50,000 dust to finish the set, they're probably pretty good.

Levi

Banned

Thanks for this! I have 92.29% of cards. Every basic, all but two rares, all but 18 epics, and I'm missing 37 legendaries. Only need to spend a little over a thousand bucks or grind for 3 years to complete the collection. :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I lost to a priest who buffed his amani to like a 5/17 and then double velen's chosen'd his northshire cleric. 17 cards in and didn't draw either keeper of the grove. Sheeeeeit.

1Ut1FTz.png

Almost done! @_@ Been playing regularly since release though, and probably spent around $100 dollars on the game. (50 on Classic, 50 on GvG)

Just had a dream get crushed because of a disconnect. Had both Vol'Jin and Velen down(trying that 1 Priest deck with a Gazlow twist) with a Holy Fire in hand. Became my turn then I lost my connection. It was weird because it stopped mid spell, the effect was still playing and the rope reappeared. Then it showed my opponent making their turn and then it froze again. I still have to wait for the Holy Pyroblast dream.

Deck is decent though, but 90% of it made it legend, so that's expected.

Edit: Looks like the game just gave me some sympathy, a guy just Unstable Portal'd into a Wisp.

Edit 2: This dorm internet is going to be the end of my sanity.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how long we have to wait for more cards, or even a balance change. Will we be looking at 6 months per expansion, or are they going to ramp up to like 2-3 month waiting periods.

Nice to see I have every common at least.
lotsacards.jpg

diamount

Banned
Man,

Not getting your investment back when paying for arena tickets gets old after a while. Especially when construction doesn't interest me as much as arena, wish we would convert dust into gold.

Just tuning into the stream and Strifecro is running pretty much the same deck I was tinkering with last night. Ramp druid with a bunch of taunts and 2 zombie chows but no combo. I don't have Harrison or else I would run that too, and I had 2 azure drakes instead of sludge belchers but I guess belchers make more sense.

Trying to build a deck without copying another list just makes you realize how hard it is to fit everything you need into 30 cards. Getting the combo is an instant win in a lot of situations, but it was getting hard to justify it when my deck dies before turn 9 in every hunter matchup.

Just tuning into the stream and Strifecro is running pretty much the same deck I was tinkering with last night. Ramp druid with a bunch of taunts and 2 zombie chows but no combo. I don't have Harrison or else I would run that too, and I had 2 azure drakes instead of sludge belchers but I guess belchers make more sense.

Trying to build a deck without copying another list just makes you realize how hard it is to fit everything you need into 30 cards. Getting the combo is an instant win in a lot of situations, but it was getting hard to justify it when my deck dies before turn 9 in every hunter matchup.

My grove tender ramp deck almost never loses to hunters it seems like. I'm running double chow, for the early anti-aggro and recycle works wonders on highmane since they may never draw it again. Double ancient of war/lore, 2x bomb lobbers, 2x healing touch, harrison jones... seems to work out against hunter really well. Mostly an incomplete experimental deck list though.

Azure Drakes are decent, but Belchers will save you in a lot of places too. The drakes are dead when playing vs. a Mill/Fatigue deck too, so that's one reason not to run them.

Still thinking I want TBK over Harrison or anything else right now, good tech in the Druid mirror. I could make fatigue Mage as well instead, but it's so boring. Just played one as my Paladin and it ended in a draw since she killed us both with a Coldlight Oracle. Bitch please, just accept the loss. And it was you know, like a half hour game.

SentryDown

The moment you realize that 11 legendaries and 13 epic costs 360$.

1mCw46X.png

Maybe you (or me) should try to add a feature on this to count how far you are to get the worthy cards (with disenchant hints & everything)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man,

Not getting your investment back when paying for arena tickets gets old after a while. Especially when construction doesn't interest me as much as arena, wish we would convert dust into gold.

Yeah, this is why I stopped playing arena. I simply had too many runs where I got crap cards to choose from (well good cards but no deck cohesion, just horrible decks) and just too many arena runs where I had more losses than wins. I actually rather enjoy constructed. I like making decks and playing them against others to see how they play out. Once I have more cards to choose from I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more. I just wish there were more than one daily quest per day, or more ways to earn gold in constructed.

For me, constructed >>>>>>> arena.

br3wnor

This is awesome, thank you.

81% done.

296/304 Common
223/244 Rare
58/130 Epic
22/61 Legendary

In terms of Legendary's I want, there's only 4 or 5 left so I'll eventually be able to stop dusting the Epic's/Leg's I don't see myself using and begin to round out the collection. Will be interesting to see how close I can get to 100% before the next expansion.

embalm

I think this is it.

I don't really get it? It's Control Warrior with Priest cards, but how do you actually win? I see it being strong against aggro, but you would have to hope that they run out of cards before you can draw your big cards.

Four BGH targets is probably too many as well.
Priest was the first class I started with, so I played around with this Deck last night for a few hours. It's pretty good. I am currently rank 9 to 6 this season, bobbing up and down as I'm trying new decks (go pirate rogue!). For reference I have never made legend, but have come close, so I'm sure there are better players.

The worst match ups:
Handlock
The Deck has a slow start, which gives Handlocks slow start an advantage, since their start comes with extra cards. While the deck has lots of threats and ways to deal with big threats, I can't "ramp" into any like the Handlock can Giants and Drakes.

Mid-Range Hunter
Against Mid-Range Hunter the freezing traps, sticky minions, and board control is a big problem for this deck.

The best match ups were

Zoo
I went undefeated against 7 Zoo players. With so many board clears in a deck (Pyro, Auch+Circle, & Baron) it was pretty much impossible for Zoo to gain a foot hold.

Face Hunter
This Hunter deck fell to to the same problem, by focusing on the hero most of their board ends up gone while I still have favorable trades or removal to further increase mine while healing up.

Druid
I only saw Ramp druids last night. Since the meta is pretty slow All of the board clears are almost useless against Druid, but Vol'jin has load of targets that can easily flip the game around. SW:D also gets incredible value. No taunts means their Black knight is dead, but they play big taunts so your Black knight sees crazy value. Icing on the cake is Keeper & Harvest are also great targets for Cabel. So you have lots of situations for 2 for 1 plays.

Basics:
Early game is fairly dead, unless you have removal or clears against an aggressive deck you're passing.
Clears saw a lot of play turn 3/4/5. By that time I usually had enough cards to get value out of a multi card board clear. 3 enemy minions on board and down 10 health wasn't uncommon.
Stabilizing on turns 5/6/7 is important so that you can start making use of your hero ability while still building up your board with 5+ drops in later turns.

If you can generate card draw at all, you'll win. There is very little dead draw in the deck as each card offers loads of combos in some way, but offers synergies with other cards in huge ways.

The healing cards are pretty great. Not counting the hero power we've got 4 healing cards for a total of 13hp, 2 can be comboed with Valen to heal 6 and summon a Light Warden. On top of that each card can act as removal.

The deck does end up feeling a lot like control warrior, but your removal isn't nearly as powerful. The biggest advantage over warrior is the ability to dominate the board. Priest can make favorable trades all day with the healing. Curving out legendary after legendary is pretty sweet too.

Overall I won a lot more than I lost. If I play it again, I'll keep track.

I would upvote that if I could, embalm. Very interesting stuff.

I don't have Velen or Geddon so I can't run the deck anyway. Been thinking about crafting Geddon for awhile. The last time I had the dust I crafted Harrison. Geddon is probably next.

I just couldn't craft Velen, and I've never even pulled one. I would be so mad at myself for spending 1600 dust on him. I want to craft Sneed's after Geddon anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It would like 3 hours to fill out that spreadsheet. Damn. lol
It really doesn't take to much time since the cards are mostly in order. Filter your collection by series type (Like, first just classic cards, then just GvG cards).

It does help if you have a second display, like the game running on a tablet or a second monitor. If not, you can window it and get it so you have both the game and the spread sheet on screen at the same time.

embalm

I would upvote that if I could, embalm. Very interesting stuff.

I don't have Velen or Geddon so I can't run the deck anyway. Been thinking about crafting Geddon for awhile. The last time I had the dust I crafted Harrison. Geddon is probably next.

I just couldn't craft Velen, and I've never even pulled one. I would be so mad at myself for spending 1600 dust on him. I want to craft Sneed's after Geddon anyway.
Valen and Geddon were two of my first legendary pulls. I have almost disenchanting both of them several times.
I think Geddon is a good craft. Playable in multiple decks and a board clear minion will never go completely out of style as long as there are healing options within classes.

Valen is a hard sale though. I think he's important for this deck, healing a minion for 4 if he sticks even for a single round in pretty big.

2x sylvanas or her + boom in arena draft?
picked boom even tho AV recommended sylvanas
I would have totally gone 2x sylvanas. Just imagining the look on peoples faces after silencing one and feeling good would have made it worth it.

So I currently have 3 legendaries:

- Gahz'rilla
- Prophet Velen
- Onyxia

Are any of these worth keeping? I want to beef up my priest deck, but don't have vol'jin, sylvanas, or dr. Boom.

Tacitus_

Valen and Geddon were two of my first legendary pulls. I have almost disenchanting both of them several times.
I think Geddon is a good craft. Playable in multiple decks and a board clear minion will never go completely out of style as long as there are healing options within classes.

Valen is a hard sale though. I think he's important for this deck, healing a minion for 4 if he sticks even for a single round in pretty big.

I would have totally gone 2x sylvanas. Just imagining the look on peoples faces after silencing one and feeling good would have made it worth it.

I should probably mention that I already had picked up a duplicate and an echo of medivh.

Miletius

Interesting spreadsheet. 85.9 percent complete on my end.

Interesting to see the rarity breakdown, especially between classic (where I crafted a lot of cards) and GvG (where I haven't crafted anything yet).

Normal/Rare/Epic/Legendary
Classic: 100 / 97/ 78 / 61
GvG: 100 / 78 / 29 / 10

Xanathus

What the fuck, the reconnect feature appears to be broken. Twice now I've been DC'd and came back to the main menu without being reconnected to my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom