• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Finally a decent pack. Went ahead and bought 15 because I really needed some dust and cards As much time as I spend playing this game i should throw blizzard some money every now and then.

C0pLOCt.jpg

Decent? Decent is getting a useful rare or epic! Or even a golden common. lol. You have two fucking Legendaries in there, including perhaps the most useful and desirable one of all!

egruntz

shelaughz
Decent? Decent is getting a useful rare or epic! Or even a golden common. lol. You have two fucking Legendaries in there, including perhaps the most useful and desirable one of all!

Millhouse is probably the most desirable, but I wouldn't say he's the most useful. That goes to Hemet.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing better than making a comeback from 1 hp. Should have traded sucker!

I hate 1hp comebacks because I'm always on the wrong side of them.

I got a handlock down to 2 health, against my 20. He had 10 cards and one silenced 6-6 minion, i had one Kill Order in my hand and 2 spectral spiders on the field.

Dude used like 3 buff cards to get that minion to 17 damage, and then a 5 damage spell to kill me in one freaking turn.

I expected him to have taunts and heals to delay the game and make it a race, but not for me to die in one damn turn. The bastard probably even had lethal long before that too, but didn't notice until i made it clear he was on his last turn.

About the connection issues, it still works for me but everytime our names are displayed as Unknown and also got two disconnection wins in Arena which was nice, so I guess it's a bit unstable.

Back to rank 5 bitches.

StrifeControl Paladin too stronk.

Dunno if I'll have enough time now left in the season to hit legend though. Breaking past rank 4 would be an all time high.

ViviOggi

Back to rank 5 bitches.

StrifeControl Paladin too stronk.

Dunno if I'll have enough time now left in the season to hit legend though. Breaking past rank 4 would be an all time high.
It took me five or six days getting from 5 to legend for the first time back in season 3 or 4. Current Control Paladin is probably a bit faster than the Warrior I grinded with, so if your winrate vs Huntard is decent it's doable. It's really up to whether you're still enjoying yourself or if the pressure makes it a chore, if not you'll still have it a lot easier next season with the experience you're gaining from playing at rank 5+.

ViviOggi

First game against a Priest with Vol'Jin and Rag, just fuck off

€: Also had tons of high value drops, a billion shadow words, a clutch MC and thoughtstole my Ogre but I still won get rekt

Praise the Cult Master

I've collected 1400 gold over time and just never know how to spend it considering I pretty much suck at the game, I'm just a casual player. I suppose one arena wouldn't hurt... (besides my ego)

IceMarker

I feel like everyone else in this game has spent infinitely more money on this game than I have, I keep running into the same legendaries over and over again, and this is on casual where I just fuck around with deck ideas with my limited legendary/epic resources.

Hearthstone makes me almost as salty as my HoN days. Almost.

Xanathus

I feel like everyone else in this game has spent infinitely more money on this game than I have, I keep running into the same legendaries over and over again, and this is on casual where I just fuck around with deck ideas with my limited legendary/epic resources.

Have you been doing every single daily quest, and rerolling the 40 gold ones? You really don't need to spend a single cent if you actually keep up with them and never miss a single one. This is why HS is the only F2P game I play.

Ugh. Lost 4 in a row.

One Murlock, one cheese Handlock (24 damage out of hand wombo combo), and 2 Miracle Rogues.

The Miracle Rogues are perhaps harder than ever to stop since they all run slightly different lists. 2 flurries seems to be common now, and the Tinker's Sharpsword Oil makes for larger weapons than ever before. Prep/Sprint on an empty board is pretty much a death toll since they'll have at least one Sap by then and you're probably at 20-25 life which is well within their kill range, certainly with the tempo gain from returning anything 5 mana or higher. You don't need Leeroy for range when the weapon tends to do all the work now.

Paladin is a bad matchup, but I'm not sure if there's a particularly good matchup. It's mostly playing solitaire and praying you don't get shit draws, as it always has been. You only really need one creature to stick for a turn or two to have enough damage.

Rapstah

Casual doesn't necessarily have worse players than low rank ranked play.

Casual is where most people screw around with testing decks though. Or do dailies for classes that they don't typically play/aren't in meta. If I make something new I usually run it through a casual game or two so I can avoid affecting my rank which can be very temperamental the closer you get to (but aren't at) legend.

But I hardly spend much time playing casual.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Casual is where most people screw around with testing decks though. Or do dailies for classes that they don't typically play/aren't in meta. If I make something new I usually run it through a casual game or two so I can avoid affecting my rank which can be very temperamental the closer you get to (but aren't at) legend.

But I hardly spend much time playing casual.

I just experiment with new decks in ranked. But then I've never gotten above rank 16 so if I lose a few and fall back it just makes things easier for me to win, which I'm okay with!

But if I ever got up to a rank that I was proud of and really wanted to defend it then yeah, I'd use casual to play around with too.

casual still uses your MMR so it's not like you're going to get paired with a random scrub.

also it takes over 50 hours to hit legend assuming an overall win rate of about 60%.

gutshot

If I'm play testing a deck in casual and get stomped by a deck full of legendaries, that is a good thing. It is useful data and likely means the deck isn't good enough. Crushing some new player with mostly basic cards tells me nothing, so I'm actually glad when I face legitimate decks in casual.

Now if I'm just trying to quickly do my dailies, it can be kind of annoying. But even then, it's not like I really care about my win rate. I just move on to the next game.

Anybody know how far off the next expansion/adventure is, roughly?

I've been a F2P player so far and I'm thinking of getting the Naxx adventure, but I'm slightly worried that Blizzard will announce the next expansion soon and with that make the Naxx cards obsolete (or alternatively, offer a pricecut for Naxx). Is it a good idea holding off for a bit and watching what Blizzard does, or is that so far off/unlikely that I might as well buy Naxx now?

gutshot

Well Naxx came out in July and GvG in December, so every 6 months for a new adventure/expansion seems like a safe bet. Probably looking at June/July then.

ViviOggi

I've been a F2P player so far and I'm thinking of getting the Naxx adventure, but I'm slightly worried that Blizzard will announce the next expansion soon and with that make the Naxx cards obsolete (or alternatively, offer a pricecut for Naxx). Is it a good idea holding off for a bit and watching what Blizzard does, or is that so far off/unlikely that I might as well buy Naxx now?
There's no info at all. Up next is most likely another adventure expansion so that would be the perfect opportunity for a Naxx sale but I wouldn't expect it before another 2-3 months. Naxx cards aren't becoming obsolete anytime soon.

Fixed1979

If you're thinking about buying Naxx then do it, there's enough good cards that warrant getting it and I don't see any reason why we should expect the cards to become obsolete.

ViviOggi

Of course your Madder Fucklord clears my board and launches the rest in my face, your Enhance-o rolls windfury on said piece of shit to put me at 13 so you can double Fireball ping me next turn despite me fully controlling the board again
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well Naxx came out in July and GvG in December, so every 6 months for a new adventure/expansion seems like a safe bet. Probably looking at June/July then.

There's no info at all. Up next is most likely another adventure expansion so that would be the perfect opportunity for a Naxx sale but I wouldn't expect it before another 2-3 months. Naxx cards aren't becoming obsolete anytime soon.

If you're thinking about buying Naxx then do it, there's enough good cards that warrant getting it and I don't see any reason why we should expect the cards to become obsolete.

Cool cool, I'll get Naxx, thanks peeps!

I'm actually kind of disappointed to hear expansions are released so far apart. My favorite aspect of this game is by far the deckbuilding, so I was hoping new card infusions would be more common.

poshclown

Neo Member
After the release of Goblins vs Gnomes, we kept an eye on the state of game balance as more matches were played with the new cards we introduced to Hearthstone. After careful consideration we have decided to make a balance change to the card Undertaker.

The following balance change will be made in an upcoming patch:

Undertaker now reads: Whenever you summon a minion with Deathrattle, gain +1 Attack.

Undertaker was frustrating to play against. It often gained both Attack and Health stats significantly above those of other inexpensive minions very early in the game. With this change, we expect Undertaker will still be better than other 1-Mana minions when played in a deck with a Deathrattle theme, but more likely to die in combat against other minions.
The golden version of Undertaker can be disenchanted for its full cost for a limited time once this balance change goes live.

We will continue to make balance changes to Hearthstone when we feel they are necessary in order to increase the variety of cards seen at all levels of play, with the goal of making Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

Finally.

UNDERTAKER NERF INCOMING!

After the release of Goblins vs Gnomes, we kept an eye on the state of game balance as more matches were played with the new cards we introduced to Hearthstone. After careful consideration we have decided to make a balance change to the card Undertaker.

The following balance change will be made in an upcoming patch:

Undertaker now reads: Whenever you summon a minion with Deathrattle, gain +1 Attack.

Undertaker was frustrating to play against. It often gained both Attack and Health stats significantly above those of other inexpensive minions very early in the game. With this change, we expect Undertaker will still be better than other 1-Mana minions when played in a deck with a Deathrattle theme, but more likely to die in combat against other minions.

The golden version of Undertaker can be disenchanted for its full cost for a limited time once this balance change goes live.

We will continue to make balance changes to Hearthstone when we feel they are necessary in order to increase the variety of cards seen at all levels of play, with the goal of making Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

Praise the Blizzard gods.

inky

Took them long enough.

And surprising considering not too long ago they said (I think it was Ben specifically) they had heard the complaints and decided card was perfectly fine as is. Gonna miss those fast Hunter quests.

Hunter is dead. Again.

Yeah, they said that when they nerfed buzzard too. I think they're still pretty viable, but it's definitely a huge blow to the class with regards to the most played decks they have right now.

This also makes webspinner kind of useless come to think of it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Hunter was 'dead' after:
unleash the hounds got nerfed
buzzard got nerfed
undertaker got nerfed

I predict Hunter will rise from the ashes once again

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Took them long enough.

And surprising considering not too long ago they said (I think it was Ben specifically) they had heard the complaints and decided card was perfectly fine as is. Gonna miss those fast Hunter quests.
I think the core idea was the see if introducing new cards caused it to become less popular, but it did pretty much nothing to stop it.

Now things like Lil' Exorcist and Scarlet Purifier are effectively hard counters to it, but it's also a card you really don't need to hard counter, since even a leper gnome will trade just fine.

Hunter was 'dead' after:
unleash the hounds got nerfed
buzzard got nerfed
undertaker got nerfed

I predict Hunter will rise from the ashes once again

I win a lot of Hunter games without ever even pulling an Undertaker so I'm not too worried for the class.

gutshot

I think the core idea was the see if introducing new cards caused it to become less popular, but it did pretty much nothing to stop it.

Now things like Lil' Exorcist and Scarlet Purifier are effectively hard counters to it, but it's also a card you really don't need to hard counter, since even a leper gnome will trade just fine.

I win a lot of Hunter games without ever even pulling an Undertaker so I'm not too worried for the class.

It definitely made it less popular overall since the only decks running it post-GvG were hunter and zoo. It was still a strong card in those decks, of course. But I'm not sure it needed a nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom