• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geddon isn't essential. It's good, but not a must. I actually flip between black knight and geddon depending on what i'm facing.

Most legendaries aren't required for the deck outside of grom and to a lesser extent alexstrasza.

You can't play control warrior without grom. It's absolutely vital.

I know that. I was mainly wondering how integral Harrison is considered. Since if I get Grom now, I won't have Harrison for awhile. And Harrison can serve to strengthen my Druid and Paladin decks. Issue with him is he's meta-dependent, albeit still a decent 5-drop in matches where the opponent doesn't have weapons.

Celegus

Woo, second legendary of GvG! Foe Reaper 4000, looks quite fun! Hopefully he doesn't get auto-nuked every time, but at least he's not a BGH target.

johnsmith

remember me
I know that. I was mainly wondering how integral Harrison is considered. Since if I get Grom now, I won't have Harrison for awhile. And Harrison can serve to strengthen my Druid and Paladin decks. Issue with him is he's meta-dependent, albeit still a decent 5-drop in matches where the opponent doesn't have weapons.

Harrison is good, but the 5 slot is super crowded, and he's useless against half the classes, so he's not vital, and never has been.

If you have Alexstraza, Ragnaros, and Dr Boom I'd go for Grom. You can play Paladin and Druid without Harrison easily.

Harrison is good, but the 5 slot is super crowded, and he's useless against half the classes, so he's not vital, and never has been.

If you have Alexstraza, Ragnaros, and Dr Boom I'd go for Grom. You can play Paladin and Druid without Harrison easily.

Grom it is then!

Probably looking at Piloted Sky Golems after.

I believe Token Shaman was a real thing back in beta or early release. I forget what else went with it.

Well I mean now of course, now that they have a few more spells to their lists.

edit:
I'm not sure if it is good enough. But hell, maybe a totem build with totemic might and blood lust would be crazy good. Prob not though lol

dralla

Do you always get a pack as a reward in Arena mode? Regardless of how you do? I have 380 gold and was thinking of how to spend it. Two decks and 1 arena run?

edit. I should say, I haven't spent any real money yet. So I have relatively basic decks with a few good cards in there. I like playing as Priest, Mage, Rogue, Druid, and Paladin. I guess Priest would be my 'main' ATM. I could also craft a common card or two if I broke some stuff down

Do you always get a pack as a reward in Arena mode? Regardless of how you do? I have 380 gold and was thinking of how to spend it. Two decks and 1 arena run?

edit. I should say, I haven't spent any real money yet. So I have relatively basic decks with a few good cards in there. I like playing as Priest, Mage, Rogue, Druid, and Paladin. I guess Priest would be my 'main' ATM. I could also craft a common card or two if I broke some stuff down

Even if you don't win a single game you're guaranteed one GvG pack and a secondary reward of gold, arcane dust or a random common card.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

You get one pack and one small random reward at 0 wins, and it goes up from there.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Arena#Reward_structure

It annoys me that 2 wins is often pretty much the same as 0 wins.

Ugh. Nothing is working out today. Dropped to rank 6, almost rank 7. Something like 12 lost games without any gains, only a stray win here or there. Really frustrating as I was hoping to progress about one rank a day at 5+.

I managed a 100% winrate today in ranked, but I only played 5 matches. I must have gotten your luck (even opened toshley afterwards then started messing around in control priest).

But on a serious note, when I have a bad day, I do some tweaks and hit the ladder the next day. Gonna start the 4->legend run tomorrow perhaps.

TBH I think I have worse luck when playing on iPad vs. PC. Weird how it is.

And I'm teching in Kezan Mystic, fuck da police. Too much Mage cancer on ladder.

Might try and rank with oil rogue, but I find it to be very stressful to play compared to other decks, even if it is strong.

johnsmith

remember me
VbGQRn7.png

CRS

TBH I think I have worse luck when playing on iPad vs. PC. Weird how it is.

And I'm teching in Kezan Mystic, fuck da police. Too much Mage cancer on ladder.

Might try and rank with oil rogue, but I find it to be very stressful to play compared to other decks, even if it is strong.

Yeah, I took out a Piloted Shredder for a Mystic in my Druid deck. That and Mind Control Tech have saved me a couple of times against Hunters and Mech Mages.

Sblargh

Banned
lol, I am losing way more now that I have naxx cards. I guess having new shiny cards thrown me off balance.

Urgh, in the end I'm still missing way too much common cards from both the classical set and GvG. Which I completely expect to fill little by little doing the daillies and get my one pack a day, still is frustrating seeing deck lists and lacking more than half of the stuff.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first 12 win arena.

Turns out 4 truesilver champions + 2 muster for battles are pretty good. Only loss was to a druid with all those high health/damage taunt minions that isn't exactly fun to hit with your face.

It was also nice to have 2 avenges, 1 consecration, and 1 blessing of kings, but the deck was standard other than that. Truesilver was the hero here. I'm lucky heartharena was dead at the time and i was left on my own, or I might have listed to their dumb "you don't want too many truesilvers" advice. That's 16 health + 32 damage right there.

Deck
Reward

IceMarker

I'm not allowed to have fun and win in this game anymore. One or the other. I have to tryhard netdeck or bust. This is why I play fucking casual bullshit mode.

tylerf

Oh god. I just lost to a V0LTR0N or whatever because I let him complete it thinking I can just Shadow Word: Death it without realizing it had charge. And it doesn't even have 5 attack! What a failure all around.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY Shit

First ever 12 arena win

Dancing round the room

Was 1-2 and then went 12-2

I cant believe this

So happy

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Honestly not the greatest haul in the world but damn if im not happy, image drop

icZHpUI.png

L6nJXya.png

bl0TNwF.png

wPE3aKO.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mr Cola?! What happened to your name :(?

Special C

Harrison vs. Grom or, how viable is control warrior with everything but Geddon and Harrison?

Still not sure on how I feel about the value of Harrison with all the mech mage and druid about.

Grom "unlocks" warrior to me, but Harrison man, idk. Won't have the dust for the one I don't pick for a good while.

All other "essential" legendaries for classes I play/want to play are covered at this point.

I play Control Warrior without Harrison. I use TBK instead.

Dragner

I play Control Warrior without Harrison. I use TBK instead.

Yeah it depends on the Meta, Im not running geddon or TBK right now, running Harrison, but I change it from time to time.

None of the 3 are a requirement but having the 3 is a nice bonus for metagaming purposes.

On a weird note, I played a Rogue yesterday that ran Doomsayer as an anti-Mirror Image mech Mage tech. It was cute.

And yeah I did get Grom. Control Warrior is a bit too slow on tempo though right now I think, after playing it a handful of games yesterday. Even without Geddon and Harrison, I actually have more legendaries I want to slot in than can actually fit.

Supposedly weaker this week, but I think Paladin might actually be strong in the current meta. Only thing I don't really have is a second Lay on Hands for the uber-control version. I guess Harrison as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom