• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I never seen anyone play Malorne, not even from webspinner.

Hunter I played last night had gold Webspinners. Why would a man do such a thing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hunter I played last night had gold Webspinners. Why would a man do such a thing?
Extreme value. Every card you get from the Webspinner will become gold.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Help guys, I'm not feeling Vol'jin at all in this deck. I have no idea how I'm supposed to play him. I mean, I always have to trade and die with a card once I've "swapped" health. Unless I combine it with like, Holy Nova? But that makes the combo 10 mana... I just fucking wish you could Vol'jin + Auchenai + Heal for two.

edit: switching him with Ragnaros for the time being. No idea how that'll work out.

8NojfRn.jpg

Help guys, I'm not feeling Vol'jin at all in this deck. I have no idea how I'm supposed to play him. I mean, I always have to trade and die with a card once I've "swapped" health. Unless I combine it with like, Holy Nova? But that makes the combo 10 mana... I just fucking wish you could Vol'jin + Auchenai + Heal for two.

edit: switching him with Ragnaros for the time being. No idea how that'll work out.

Voljin is good against big drops that priest had difficulty dealing with without shadow word death. Like ancient of war, ysera, etc., big drops.

Your deck looks very reactive though and maybe that is the problem more than voljin. The lists kibler has been playing lately are pretty nice though 9 (at least I like the looks of them). They kinda go back to the wild pyro style but adding in some spare parts generation to help it do that, mainly via Toshley iirc but also 2 mech yetis for that purpose as well.

Sblargh

Banned
oh god, it was already a nightmare to recover my battle.net account; now I have parental control turned on and I don't even know what it is and to turn off I have to contact customer service and I need a form of, goddamn it, forget it, I'll keep not paying money for this game.

I tried Blizzard. I tried.

Edit: And then I can't contact customer service because I don't know what a form of verification is (it says standar government whatever, but I don't think my government give me those and there is no link whatsoever on the brazillian battle.net site to inform better), so I go to the forum and try to post my problem there. Only I can't because I don't have a real ID. So I try to make a real ID. Only I can't because parenting control is active.

So I can't communicate with blizzard because of parent control and I can't turn off parent control because I can't communicate with blizzard.

I'm also 29. I created the account in 2012. Apparently some hacker convinced Blizzard that I am a child with no problem; it's convincing them otherwise that is really hard.

Dragner

Vol'jin is great with holy smite for instant value, otherwise its used for deploying a threat while trading some of your lower minions with it (dark cultist is great for this).

I would never swap Vol'jin for my priest decks...he is such great value, is like a BGH on steroids.

Sblargh

Banned
Problem solved because I know y'all were very worried about it. Now to buy Naxx and live with customer regret that will bind me forever to this game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Jesus. More money than sense. Dude probably spends more on Hearthstone than I do on rent. At least with streamers like Amaz or Kripp they have donations to pay for all their gold cards.

He said he has spent over $10k and estimates it will cost him $5k per year to keep up with it. He also said it's not a huge amount for him.

Fixed1979

For anyone that has signed up for the NA Hearthstone tournament, I've updated the OP with the list of people who have signed up for round two. I have also made a modification to the tournament structure (all rounds will be best of 5 and the tournament is now single elimination).

I've PM'd everyone who played in the first round so hopefully we get a few more entries this week. Don't forget to post your hero list before Thursday midnight!

Anyone still interested in signing up, here's the link. Punch and pie.
Round Two of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

Dragner

He said he has spent over $10k and estimates it will cost him $5k per year to keep up with it. He also said it's not a huge amount for him.

Well, if he has the money...I spent like 500$ and Im only missing a few cards of the playables, im not completionist, I can make almost any deck I want to play and thats enough for me. I disenchant every gold card I have.

Yoshichan

I like spending money on this game at times because it feels like you're being rewarded

For anyone that has signed up for the NA Hearthstone tournament, I've updated the OP with the list of people who have signed up for round two. I have also made a modification to the tournament structure (all rounds will be best of 5 and the tournament is now single elimination).

I've PM'd everyone who played in the first round so hopefully we get a few more entries this week. Don't forget to post your hero list before Thursday midnight!

Anyone still interested in signing up, here's the link. Punch and pie.
Round Two of the The NeoGAF N/A Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One!

If its best of 5 now, what about the rule to pick 3 heroes? Maybe just remove it and just have no restrictions or do we really need 4 decks with different heroes?

Fixed1979

If its best of 5 now, what about the rule to pick 3 heroes? Maybe just remove it and just have no restrictions or do we really need 4 decks with different heroes?

Not sure why you need 4 decks, minimum requirement would be 1 deck per hero x3? Even if it goes to 5 games, 3 heroes will be enough so that they don't repeat.

Not sure why you need 4 decks, minimum requirement would be 1 deck per hero x3? Even if it goes to 5 games, 3 heroes will be enough so that they don't repeat.

Oh right, not 4, I meant 3. Still requires me to make another deck, I guess I'll have to go figure out something cheap to make. I'm not waist deep in GVG legendaries quite yet ><

I was originally planning on just playing the same 2 decks to win or lose. I like best of 5 more than 3 more though tbh.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ahh okay thx for the answer

So if I look through my Collection and have some golden cards, should I just disenchant the regular version? No reason not to?

Pretty much. I don't disenchant my non gold commons and rares anymore though, just because I hate disenchanting manually.

ahh okay thx for the answer

So if I look through my Collection and have some golden cards, should I just disenchant the regular version? No reason not to?
I am a big fan of Blizzard art, have all of their art books and even follow fan artists on DeviantArt. I would never disenchant a golden card because they just look so damn cool.

I have a fully-golden warlock deck and it's a blast to play with. If you have a full golden deck, your The Coin card will also be golden and it looks awesome :)

TP17

I'm having fun with an oil rogue deck, winning obviously helps with that.

I've been doing pretty well since I started playing for the first time this month last weekend - even doing well in arena where I've been struggling recently, still looking for that elusive 12 win run though.

Hiding antonidas behind a stealth wall is the dumbest shit ever.

Give my opponents turn 7 dr. booms from now until the end of time, but cut that shit out. You literally can't do shit about it unless a rag nuke gets lucky.

/endrant

Yoshichan

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Give my opponents turn 7 dr. booms from now until the end of time, but cut that shit out. You literally can't do shit about it unless a rag nuke gets lucky.

/endrant

Its a damn good combo, I love pulling it out. Only way you can play Antonidas turn 8 in Mech Mage, most of the time you need to wait till Turn 9 to ensure you get at least 2 fire balls out of him.

mxgt

Banned

/endrant

It's pretty devastating having to blow equality consecrate on a single stealthed fucking antonidas or lose the game.

Rapstah

Pet peeve of the day: mechs that sound like humans when they die. It's way more fun if they sound like robots dying like Annoy-o-tron than whatever that bullshit is with Mechwarper.

KePoW

Banned
How hard is heroic Naxx??

I'm sure it's hard if you try to figure out with no spoilers, but is it really easy if you just look up decks??

Haunted

Pet peeve of the day: mechs that sound like humans when they die. It's way more fun if they sound like robots dying like Annoy-o-tron than whatever that bullshit is with Mechwarper.
chu-hugga! choo...

How hard is heroic Naxx??

I'm sure it's hard if you try to figure out with no spoilers, but is it really easy if you just look up decks??
Some of them are designed as puzzles, so if you find (or look up a deck) that solves the "puzzle" presented, you're going to have it easy, yes.

For others, you need the right deck as well as a good amount of luck (good draws on your side, bad draws on theirs). I thought overall that heroic was very challenging, but also very fun to figure out.

Harrison vs. Grom or, how viable is control warrior with everything but Geddon and Harrison?

Still not sure on how I feel about the value of Harrison with all the mech mage and druid about.

Grom "unlocks" warrior to me, but Harrison man, idk. Won't have the dust for the one I don't pick for a good while.

All other "essential" legendaries for classes I play/want to play are covered at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom