• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Just YOLO'd and crafted everything i needed for Randuin.

Need to inject some fun into the game. Ladder can be irritating.

Edit: First game in casual and i draw face hunter. Crushed him with mad/madder bombers and won with a mind games arcane golem. Felt good.

Edit 2: Hahahaha. Clutch mind games into grommash for the win!

What's your deck list? I fancy some RNG shenanigans.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
If you play Deathwing to kill an enemy Sylvanas, Sylvanas' Deathrattle will steal the Deathwing. I think you're right that Rend's Battlecry will trigger before he is really in play, but then the game should wait to actually kill off the target until he is in play, meaning it doesn't really matter.

Correct me if wrong, please.
I didn't know about the deathwing interaction. I was thinking of the kodo -> mad scientist -> mirror entity interaction. Where the mad scientist deathrattle fully resolves before the kodo enters play and so gets copied by mirror entity.

If Sylvanas does steal Deathwing then I guess I'm wrong and the rules are inconsistent.

slayn

Hearthstone rules being confusing and inconsistent? Sounds about right.
Yeah thinking about it some more, by the normal rules a fire elemental then should be able to kill a damaged sylvanas without being stolen but that isn't the case.

It's truly astounding to me that after all this time, sylvanas's deathrattle is still different and broken compared to everything else.

Sylvanas would have a chance to steal rend blackhand in that situation. On the plus side, you can use your own rend blackhand to kill your own sylvanas to snipe steal important cards. Just a little bit of interesting utility that might not be available otherwise for your deck.

I'm not worried about sylvanas not being a good target because most other legends are good targets.

Also, according to their known issues page on the forums, it is apparently mad scientist/secrets that is bugged, not sylvanas.

edit:
Think of it like this:
battlecry occurs
minion hits board
deathrattles occur
secrets occur

Sort of...

embalm

So i'm debating if I should craft Bolvar or not. My main use for him would be to put him down and have him bait a silence/bgh. I would run him instead of Loatheb, not sure yet though. Anyone tried out Bolvar in control pally?
I opened a Bolvar about a month ago and tossed him into my midrange pally for science. He hasn't been removed and I don't think he ever will be. I don't expect Bolvar to carry a game like Tirion or other 8+ drops. He is 5 mana so all I want is 2 good trades out of him, and most of the time I get that and more.

If he is silenced, it hurts, but I run Shredders, Sludge Belchers, Sylvanus & Tirion in the same deck so I'm going to lose value to a silence some where. Bolvar at least still has a decent body and can act as clean up after the silence.

He is easier to buff than you would think. Hero power, death rattles that spawn minions, and Muster offer lots of easy ways to get his attack over 5 even a round or two after he is drawn. If you draw Bolvar on turn 3 and play Muster, then turn 4 a shreeder, it's very likely that you are going to drop a 6/7 bolvar on turn 5. It's not unusual for me to hold on to him to make better plays and when I lay him down it's a 15/7 that wins the game unless killed.

Lots of fun. A good card, but it can be replaced by Harrison, Loatheb, or even a Sea Giant. I would only craft it if there weren't more general cards I could use.

kiryani

I think Rend is in an interesting place in that I think it might end up being viable in tournament play and useless on ladder.

Rend is simply too useless against aggro. Whereas cards like Rag and Grom and Alex can be effective against both aggro and control.

But in tournaments where there is very little aggro and you get to have some control over your matchups, Rend can be a potentially very powerful card.

edit: (ignore this I'm wrong) also, the people who are saying you can't play rend against sylvanas I think are wrong. Battlecries resolve before the minion enters play. If Rend kills Sylvanas, the deathrattle should trigger before Rend is 'in play' and so he can't be stolen.

I believe that Ben Brode has clarified that Sylv will MC Rend in that situation

Crafted the Sen X midrange hunter deck and I'm amazed at how everything works together while the deck didn't miss a beat with tempo. I'm missing one savannah highmane so I substituted with a feign death instead.. it's funny watching the enemy board cut down by two knife jugglers (I don't know why I initially thought their ability wouldn't stack )while yours grows due to a couple of feign death triggered death rattles.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Been struggling running control warrior lately, REALLY struggling. So I put together a cheap Oil Rogue deck (not a single Legendary) and have won 7 games in a row. Game balance? Oh god, of course. How dare I question. Perfectly balanced game.

Daxxari (sp), one of the HS community managers, stated paladin is his favorite deck for dragons in testing. So I'm pretty excited about BRM. However, pre-naxx I didn't care for paladins at all so my preferences can always change. I think warrior can be potentially a strong dragon based class too.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Meta is shaking up a bit. Running into Mech Warriors with kel'thazud who are actually good. Dammmnnnnnn

embalm

ZcfJ3sZl.jpg

Would Rend be playable if he killed ANY minion? That would be an 8/4, requires a dragon in hand, but kills any minion on play.

I still don't think he would see much play. He will already be competing for deck slots against the high cost dragons which Dragon decks are going to to want to run. Then as a Removal Minion card he is up against BGH and Black Knight, and both have better bodies for their cost.

Xanathus

Daxxari (sp), one of the HS community managers, stated paladin is his favorite deck for dragons in testing. So I'm pretty excited about BRM. However, pre-naxx I didn't care for paladins at all so my preferences can always change. I think warrior can be potentially a strong dragon based class too.

It's probably because paladin already has a dragon class card.
Bolvar Feldragon

slayn

I hope warrior works out. I was disappointed that MechWarrior didn't end up being a thing but perhaps instead we can have DragonWarrior

After playing a Kezan mystic in my deck for a week, and consistenly playing versus it in control matchups, I think I have to reevaluate my belief that there needs to be cheaper neutral secret counters. Having a "clean" counter to secrets at low cost would remove a lot of strategy (face hunter durr I know) involved in playing around them.

Flare is way too good, and it's a testament to how good Hunter is that it's never played because it's completely unnecessary. Hunter didn't need that card vs Miracle Rogue or Mages even though it's theoretically great value. The thing even draws a card!
Yeah thinking about it some more, by the normal rules a fire elemental then should be able to kill a damaged sylvanas without being stolen but that isn't the case.

It's truly astounding to me that after all this time, sylvanas's deathrattle is still different and broken compared to everything else.

I think deathrattle behavior for the most part is consistent, and if I remember correctly things like Sylvanas have been made more consistent through patches. You can't count the secret that mad scientist produces as a deathrattle, it produces the secret consistently, but the activation requirements for the secret get weird.

A priest just gave me auchenai via sylvanas. Mistakes were made.

It's probably because paladin already has a dragon class card.
Bolvar Feldragon

Hah nice I laughed.

edit:
God damn, 2 priests in a row and this second one is 10 minutes of turn time while I'm at 5.

Then he wins a 1/5 chance to steal kelthuzad with sylvanas... yay... love waiting 10 minutes to lose to RNG.

Hah, I am still probably going to win this match... this guy is straight up trolling though. 20 minutes and I haven't hit 10 minutes yet.

last edit:
Notice this post time and the time of this last edit. I started this match the moment after I posted this originally pretty much.

KePoW

Banned
hey All !

Would like your advice, I'm still a very newbie HS player. I just got a golden Ysera from a regular pack last night. Should I disenchant it for something else? I already have Dr. Boom

I mostly only play Face Hunter 90% of the time. I don't have Leeroy though... so is the best decision to disenchant golden Ysera and craft Leeroy?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
hey All !

Would like your advice, I'm still a very newbie HS player. I just got a golden Ysera from a regular pack last night. Should I disenchant it for something else? I already have Dr. Boom

I mostly only play Face Hunter 90% of the time. I don't have Leeroy though... so is the best decision to disenchant golden Ysera and craft Leeroy?

Ysera is a good legendary. DO NOT DUST.

slayn

hey All !

Ysera is a really good card, and she is probably about to become a whole lot more powerful next month.

Plus as far as golden legendaries go, cards like ysera that produce more golden cards are the coolest.

Seriously, fuck some people.

time.png

On the last turn, the very last turn, after he finally realized he lost he leaves "your opponent has left" message pops up.

This is such an immature and salty response to losing a game, where you were lucky enough to win a 1/5 chance to grab kelthuzad with sylvanas.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3_9_2015_13_25_46.png

edit:
Yay, 3rd priest in a row now.

Magnus

I had a look at all the legendaries I don't have yet, and it dawned on me just how many Dragons there are. Damn.

Malygos, Ysera, Deathwing, Onyxia, Nozdormu, Alexstrasza....I'm sure I'm missing a couple more.

They're all about to become much more valuable with Dragons being a thing in Blackrock.

--

What might be fun in this thread is to puzzle out what new legendaries could be like in the game based on their WoW abilities. I've always been impressed and fascinated by how WoW characters/figures have had their traits and abilities translated into HS.

Like, what would Vaelastrasz/burning adrenaline look like in HS?

Something that profoundly (or subtlely) affects all minions on the board? That escalates every turn? Could be a fascinating card. Even just that every minion on the board gains +1/+1 every turn.

Mobius what happens when he leaves? Doesn't it just come up like a normal win? You don't have to wait any longer than normal right? I only ask because I do that sometimes for time reasons not salt. It is just simpler to straight exit then go through 4 menus.

Like, what would Vaelastrasz look like in HS?

Give another random friendly minion +5/+5 at the start of your turn. At the end of your turn, it dies.

This is the main reason I love Hearthstone, seeing old things become new in interesting ways. Makes me wish Rend's effect was actually, "If you have dragon cards in your hand, play one for free at random," since he has a dragon mount in his fight you have to kill.

Edit:
Do you get to choose the legendary to be destroyed by Rend,or is it random?
If it was, random would be in the card text, so this is targeted. Slayn is also correct, since it doesn't mention enemy in the text, you can also destroy your own minion.

slayn

Do you get to choose the legendary to be destroyed by Rend,or is it random?
It is your choice but also forced. So if you have a legendary minion in play and your opponent doesn't, you'll be forced to kill your own minion to be able to play him.

But if both you and your opponent have a legendary minion in play you can target theirs.

Rapstah

Like, what would Vaelastrasz/burning adrenaline look like in HS?

Something that profoundly (or subtlely) affects all minions on the board? That escalates every turn? Could be a fascinating card. Even just that every minion on the board gains +1/+1 every turn.

+1/+1 and dealing one damage to every other minion on the start (end?) of your turn (every turn?) would be pretty representative of the original DPS check. It should probably also be a 4/12 like Malygos so you get some time to enjoy its effects without it also being a huge threat on the board itself.

Mobius what happens when he leaves? Doesn't it just come up like a normal win? You don't have to wait any longer than normal right? I only ask because I do that sometimes for time reasons not salt. It is just simpler to straight exit then go through 4 menus.

It makes you lose the game after a minute wait.

If you just concede first, no one will think you've rage quit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
what's up with the rise of priests?

I don't know, but it's troubling. Priest is the one class I still just don't get at all. I can't seem to beat them and I can't seem to do well as one. I just don't know what is the strengths and weaknesses of priest are. I don't even know what sort of decks priest likes and dislike to play against.

I can't play consistently with priest unless its minion heavy.

Too many inconsistent draws if you're playing all of the combo cards, imo.

The list I had been running recently didn't even play Auchenai or Pyromancer.

Hell, I even teched in echoing ooze as an early game drop without any buffs outside of argus/pws. It worked pretty well too.

Dahbomb

I want to run an anti aggro Priest deck, the problem is that it gets crushed against Midrange Hunter. Excellent against Face Hunter but there are just as many Mid Hunters out there to give the deck problems.

Lol....

This mech mage...

Turn 9 he plays antonidas and sorceress' apprentice and plays 4 spare parts getting him 4 fireballs, because that is in no way broken.

I still win without breaking a sweat. Ok, seeing 4 fireballs drawn off antonidas was a little bit worrisome. But I had 2 lay on hands in hand, KT + an okay board. And a seal of light in hand + a healbot I drew into off the first lay on hands.

26 points of healing basically. It sucked that I had to equality to remove antonidas but at least I got my 5/5 back and 1/2 taunt back full hp. Even the fact that he had to ping KT the next turn was a bit helpful since that is 2 mana he can't spend on doing other things.

egruntz

shelaughz
Onyxia is surprisingly good in Druid constructed.
I'm running this cheeky deck:

x2 Savage Roar
x2 Power of the Wild
x2 Dark Wispers
x1 Onyxia
x2 Force of nature

You can imagine the other cards to supplement it.

Turn 9 Onyxia on an empty board is very useful. At that point, usually board clear spells are already used up, and the 1/1 minions find something to smash into with a boost.

Joco

Had a hilarious game as a control Warrior against a Mech Priest yesterday. I was down to about 5 health, he had 10, and his side of the board had 4 mechs and a Northshire Cleric. I attack his Annoy-o-Tron with Death's Bite, which then breaks and does 1 damage to all his minions. I then play Alextrasza to bring me up to 15 health, basically hoping I somehow survive and draw Brawl on the next turn. He then brings me down to 2 health and says "well played", casting Holy Nova which brings me to zero. Holy Nova heals all his minions, which causes him to overdraw and kill himself. Tied but I enjoyed that quite a bit.

mxgt

Banned
I know he ropes almost every turn, but I really enjoy watching Lifecoach. Especially his stream where he explains his thought process and plays, etc.

Dahbomb

Antonidas (esp. stealthed) and Jaraxxus by themselves destroy Mill/Fatigue decks. Chakky got really unlucky that Lifecoach got those cards out on time because if they are pulled early then the match becomes easy.

Those two Warlock matches didn't do him any favor though. The Druid combo is simply better than the Warlock combo. That deck needs tuning because it's not his playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom