• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seriously debating whether to save gold for blackrock or buy more packs since i am missing so many core cards like Sylvanas. Guess i'll decide soon enough but i'm leaning heavily towards more card packs.

Okay, my final thoughts on lava shock. What a cool and interesting card.

Lava shock is like a holy smite + innervate smacked into one card.

Here is my analysis:

It is easy to evaluate the cost-benefit of the 2 damage because holy smite/arcane shot deal 2 damage for 1 mana. So basically when you play lava shock you are spending 1 mana to deal 2 damage, and 1 mana to unload overloaded crystals (literally generating you additional mana).

Every mana crystal you unload over 1 cost is netting you mana, although it is fair to say that the first mana cyrstal is being used up on the damage portion. Since it works across multiple turns, it is not unreasonable to unload 5+ mana. So you can easily generate 3+ mana off lava shock, while casting what is basically a holy smite.

Here is an example I feel is reasonable:
Turn 7 you totem, crackle, and feral spirits. You are overloaded for 3 next turn. Turn 8 you have 5 mana, so you lightning storm and lava shock. Lava shock gives you 3 mana this turn, and 2 mana next turn that you would have otherwise not had. So 5 mana generated at the cost of 1 mana, because 1 mana is being "devoted" towards dealing 2 damage as if it were a holy smite.

Cards that do multiple things are pretty strong in this game. Cards that have high potential and do multiple things, are pretty bad ass. Think of implosion. It deals immediate damage and summons imps and has high potential. Bad ass.

Lava Shock is pretty cool. Wonder what Overload Cards they are going to add. Guess we're back into two new cards a day hype!

Though I wonder how this is going to work out. Naxx had all neutrals excluding the class challenges. Maybe they'll just segregate out the classes into wings maybe? Seems a bit unfair but then again Paladins got the heavy shaft on Naxx when it came to releasing their class card.

That says just one new card per class. Two copies.

From the link-

Zeriyah has reached out to us to clarify that there is indeed two different class cards for each class, although this information is not readily available online at the moment. One of these class cards will be sourced from the class challenges. This is an update to our previous statement which said there were only going to be nine class cards in Blackrock Mountain which has now been proven false.

Dart

2-mana, 2/2; Battlecry: Gain control of target minion which has 4-attack.
j3YWAPO.gif

Priest 5 mana spell

No one can lose for the next 20 minutes.

he, so true

slayn

needs to show more effort.
5-mana 5/4; Deathrattle: Put 2 Secrets from your deck into the battlefield. You may have two of the same Secret active.
5-mana 5/4; Deathrattle: put a random secret into play for you and your opponent. The secret will be set to your class color so you can't tell which class the secret is from. Because random is fun.

Boogiepop

So I've been out of the loop when it comes to keeping up with actual news. Do we know anything about when this Blackrock Mountain stuff launches and how much it'll cost in coins? Trying to figure out if I should start saving now...

So I've been out of the loop when it comes to keeping up with actual news. Do we know anything about when this Blackrock Mountain stuff launches and how much it'll cost in coins? Trying to figure out if I should start saving now...

700 per wing, 5 wings

Basically the same pricing scheme as naxxramas.

31 cards, 18 class cards, the rest are neutral. Half the class cards are from class challenges.

5-mana 5/4; Deathrattle: put a random secret into play for you and your opponent. The secret will be set to your class color so you can't tell which class the secret is from. Because random is fun.

I can absolutely seeing this being a thing that happens, if not now, then in the future.

"DID SOMEONE SAY SCIENCE?"

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Missed out on 12 wins because i used dire wolf first to trade instead of minions :eek:

Ill never forget this

Hearthstone can be weird sometimes.
Got to 10 arena wins with a typical Mage deck (no legendaries)...

...but with my previous excellent Druid deck with Kel'Thuzad, Black Knight and Cairne, I only got up to 4 wins.

This game...

Accidentally queued up with Randuin in ranked and I won.

This deck, man....this deck. I can go 0-10 with it then crush someone out of the blue with randomness. So worth it.

Playing around with that Pally deck some more from the other day. I removed the two pyromancers and replaced them with 1 BGH for emergency removal and returned 1 armsmaster for a late game combo wombo. Doing good so far, I think this control warrior I'm playing right now is going to kick my ass however.

Something tells me I need to start properly tracking my matches so I can start playing decks that counter the general meta.

Tacitus_

Hearthstone can be weird sometimes.
Got to 10 arena wins with a typical Mage deck (no legendaries)...

...but with my previous excellent Druid deck with Kel'Thuzad, Black Knight and Cairne, I only got up to 4 wins.

This game...

Variance bro. Sometimes you just get a bad or merely OK starting hand and they draw everything perfectly even if their deck was filled with shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blizzard Stream Awards

I voted:
Favorite New Hearthstone Streamer: Lifecoach
Most Educational Hearthstone Stream: Bmkibler
Best Hearthstone Streamer: forsenlol

The first 2 categories had a bunch of good picks too.

F O R S E N B O Y S

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Axe Flinger - This seems like a bad card. Because it does mostly face damage, it's an aggro card. But it doesn't have aggro stats. I think you'll have to rely on some gimmicky bouncing blade or whirlwind combos to really get value out of it. I guess with Grim Patron and this, Blizzard is pushing towards using Bouncing Blade in some kind of warrior aggro deck. But I think any deck like that is going to be too clunky. It's possible this card will surprise me, but clunky is definitely what comes to mind.

Lava Shock - I really like this card. It's possible that this card heralds the return of the classic Shaman deck that runs unbound, spirit wolves, thalnos, azure drakes, and maybe even an Earth Elemental for good measure. Like, with this card, Earth Elemental isn't really a bad play on curve anymore. You won't have to deal with a crummy Turn 6. Getting Polymorphed or BGH'd aint so bad. I don't think you play this just for the overload clearing effect though. I think you need to get some removal value out of the card, otherwise you're dumping your hand awfully fast without as much benefit as you could.

Axe Flinger is just weird because you want to trade with other minions to trigger the effect, or combo, but I feel like that aggro Warrior wouldn't run combo cards and you don't want to trade minions if you don't have to. I almost feel like it should also trigger the effect if it hits anything as well. That way it's kind of like a Yeti? I dunno, I like the idea but just seems awkward.

Maybe theres some Frothing/Enrage/Blade or Whirl Wind combo but it just feels way to clunky to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom