• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
Besides 5 mana Leeroy I really doubt they would make such a significant change to buzzard. Last time they did that was UTH way back when. Since then they have done slight nerfs on cards to cull their effectiveness.

It sounds really crazy, but the first change to UTH was pretty drastic wasn't it? Basically turned it in to a new card. But a 5 mana 3/2 sounds like something outside the realm of possibility to me simply because no other creature at 5 mana has stats that low. I am having trouble thinking of anything even close to that at 5 mana.

Though I guess it depends on how bad Hunters got on the ladder. I don't think we've seen any recent stats (where Blizzard would), but I believe people are saying it is the worst it has ever been in the game's entire history in regards to win rates any class has had overall on the ladder.

Leeroy had it coming though. 4 mana was too good, and the proof will be at 5 mana he will still be used, which is the biggest sign a nerf was good.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Same cost as gadget but worse stats and ability.. lol yeah right.

Is there a log of the changes or is it just Buzzard and Leeroy? I haven't played in a while but with those changes I might be able to pull through with my Shaman deck.

Xanathus

5 mama Leeroy would kill the double Shadowstep combo which totally destroys Miracle Rogue. It would go from 18 burst to 12 with Arcane Golem. I predict that Priest and Zoolock will dominate the meta if that Leeroy change goes through.

gutshot

Yeah, a 5 mana buzzard doesn't make any sense. Especially at 3/2. It completely kills what is a hunter class card. Just renders it totally useless.

If the main problem is the Buzzard/UTH combo, just change the hounds to no longer be beasts. That seems like the simplest change. Buzzard could still be used in conjunction with other beasts, as intended.

It sounds really crazy, but the first change to UTH was pretty drastic wasn't it? Basically turned it in to a new card. But a 5 mana 3/2 sounds like something outside the realm of possibility to me simply because no other creature at 5 mana has stats that low. I am having trouble thinking of anything even close to that at 5 mana.

Though I guess it depends on how bad Hunters got on the ladder. I don't think we've seen any recent stats (where Blizzard would), but I believe people are saying it is the worst it has ever been in the game's entire history in regards to win rates any class has had overall on the ladder.

Leeroy had it coming though. 4 mana was too good, and the proof will be at 5 mana he will still be used, which is the biggest sign a nerf was good.

Gurubashi Berserker is a 2/7 for 5... which is still 9 stats instead of 5.

They could also just limit draws on these cards as well, right? It's also possible it was a a lot easier to hot fix both cards to the same mana cost as well. Seems weird but Blizzard is famous for spaghetti code.

Just went 0-3 in Arena for the first time in months. As a reward I got my 1 pack and... a non-gold common. Yay for 5 dust. Then the pack I opened was 4 commons and 1 rare, no gold cards. I already had two of each card. I think that is actually literally the worst possible set of reward combinations you can get from Arena. My fault for going 0-3, so I can't help but laugh, but I am just happy to know it can never be worse than this.

Haunted

Gurubashi Berserker is a 2/7 for 5... which is still 9 stats instead of 5.
Faceless manipulator, stormpike commando and the charge rhino are closest in pure stats.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
5 mana 3/2 buzzard is so bad. You'd have to get 3 draws to get any value off the card. That nerf seems excessive to me, and honestly I don't even think it's buzzard that needs the nerf. Really it's mad scientist that should be addressed.

5 mana Leeroy doesn't bother me. It's the strongest legendary in the game and while it kills miracle it doesn't outright kill the combo potential with shadowstep, and he still combos with Faceless or Windfury.

ViviOggi

How is this desync bullshit still not fixed

I get it every other day, restarting HS the second I realize it's happening and still miss at least one turn. I basically start every arena run at 0-1.

Raxus

Is there a log of the changes or is it just Buzzard and Leeroy? I haven't played in a while but with those changes I might be able to pull through with my Shaman deck.

There are reports on the forum of 'glitched cards' which people perceive as changes Blizzard is trying to make. 5 mana Leeroy is one and Buzzard is the other. I can't say much else since their General forums are inundated with spam.

Here are the images

Buzzard:
One

Leeroy
One
Two

Leeroy nerf was a long time coming.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Leroy is a shitty fireball that can only hit face and can't go through taunts. It didn't need a nerf.

didn't realize fireball could be buffed by power overwhelming, shadow stepped twice, or combo with other class spells like kill command or soul fire for pyro levels (hell, more)of burst for just about half the mana.

next you're going to tell me Leeroy is just like mortal strike

yeah. a 5 mana leeroy means that, unless you keep the coin, you only get to shadowstep him once in a turn and you can't pull off the power overwhelming/faceless combo.

johnsmith

remember me
By shitty fireball do you mean possibly the best card in the current meta?

That's not even close to being true. If it was the best card it would be in every deck. Right now it's only used in miracle, handlock, and some hunter decks. Handlock still works without it, miracle is no longer the top deck, and midrange hunter also works without it.

we don't know what their plans for new cards are so there may be some problematic interaction they want to get out in front of.

but we still don't know if these are actual nerfs. could be someone screwed up and slipped in some test server code somewhere.

Acinixys

FML

The stars misaligned and gave me 3 Hunter quests

I HATE Hunter

Redeemed I bought 2 packs and got Alex ty based Hearthstone gods

CoolOff

Time to go back to the Pyro Hunter without Buzzard or UTH then I guess. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Come at my Flares Secret Mages!

There are reports on the forum of 'glitched cards' which people perceive as changes Blizzard is trying to make. 5 mana Leeroy is one and Buzzard is the other. I can't say much else since their General forums are inundated with spam.

Here are the images.

Looking at these, I again feel like this is some new way for Blizzard to make fast and easy adjustments to cards. If you think about it, the cards themselves are exactly the same, and they are only changes while in a match. So they probably plan on actually adjusting these cards soon, but are testing a new system.

At least this is my assumption, based solely on the fact that the cards are still the same in the collection menu.

Edit: Think about it like the Venture Co. Mercenary or Stormwind Champion, they buff cards in your hand or on the board, so I would expect there to be some 'aura,' that effects these cards.

Special C

5 mana Buzzard is atrocious. Makes it 10x worse than a Neutral card (Gadgetzan) at the same mana cost.

Not sure what to do about Leeroy. Probably still playable at 5 mana but I don't have a Sylvannis, Rag, or Ysera yet so he may get dusted for one of those. I have a Golden Harrison Jones to dust too, so Rag + Ysera would allow me to play some control decks.

Leeroy 5 long overdue. Buzzard 5 is just hilarious though. If they think three is still too low, why did they skip four? I want hunters to get a change but that's some overkill. +1 to UTH and +1 Buzz seems more reasonable than 5 buzz.

Buzzard would easily become a dead card. People don't play kidnapper because the perception is that it takes too much to combo and the stats aren't worth it. The same thing will be true of buzzard at 3/2. It would be a terrible card to play for stats and comboing it will take too much time and effort. You have to combo it to get value out of it because it needs to at least cycle, making it a worthless card to play before turn 6 and then you're likely only cycling one card and not even two...

If it were at 4/4, it would be at least in line with auctioneer/azure drake. Likely due to being a beast it would be made 4/3 which is exactly the number I would expect it to be at if it were made 5 cost. 3/2 just makes no sense. This is probably a number they're meant to be testing and it was a mistake/glitch to affect live servers.

BTW even 5 mana leeroy just doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. In any case people will just switch to arcane golem and get roughly the same but slightly lower amounts of damage. In some cases you can combo arcane golem for more damage.

The stage where I am skeptical as to the accuracy of the information presented. I hardly play hunter and I haven't touched leeroy enough that I might even disenchant him if they make this small change, even though the decks I use him in would probably still in fact use him (maybe, maybe not).

It seems like some/many people here are already accepting this as an officially announced incoming change but on blizzard's side they have squeaked a peep afaik.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haly aren't you sitting on like 3 leeroys or something, shouldn't you be happy that you are getting a free 4800 dust lol?

2 Leeroys, maybe I'll finally craft Control Warrior.

ShinNL

The stage where I am skeptical as to the accuracy of the information presented. I hardly play hunter and I haven't touched leeroy enough that I might even disenchant him if they make this small change, even though the decks I use him in would probably still in fact use him (maybe, maybe not).

It seems like some/many people here are already accepting this as an officially announced incoming change but on blizzard's side they have squeaked a peep afaik.

Denial — As the reality of loss is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the loss is Denial. The person is trying to shut out the reality or magnitude of his/her situation, and begins to develop a false, preferable reality.

Playing a Hunter right now and his Buzzard is a 2/1 for 2, so it must be something that's getting fiddled with.

Edit: Maybe it's only some certain servers or something too.

Denial — As the reality of loss is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the loss is Denial. The person is trying to shut out the reality or magnitude of his/her situation, and begins to develop a false, preferable reality.

More like the phase before going into grief. I wonder what that is called. The trigger phase? :p
Playing a Hunter right now and his Buzzard is a 2/1 for 2, so it must be something that's getting fiddled with.

Edit: Maybe it's only some certain servers or something too.

Because literally nothing has changed. People are experiencing a glitch.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Leroy is a shitty fireball that can only hit face and can't go through taunts. It didn't need a nerf.

It combos with minion buffs, faceless, UTH, and all sorts of other things. You can't shadowstep or cold blood a fireball. You can't windfury or reincarnate a fireball. You can't power overwhelming a fireball. And if you can deal with the whelps, leeroy might even stick around for your opponent to deal with on the next turn. Charge minions traditionally cost more than removal spells at the same cost for this reason.

I think the meta has shifted enough for the nerf to not effect miracle too much. it's not getting played a lot as it is and it's relying more on minions and assassin's blade and alex. cards like sludge belcher really changed things. rogue has to use more of their removal on minions which lowers their reach. hence alex.

even though i use leeroy in a few decks the nerf is fucking worth it for the miracle rogue tears

Miracle is still gonna be about as strong as it is now anyway, just with arcane golem imo.

I think handlock is gonna lose out quite a bit since their main win condition atm is stalling until they get leeroy, poweroverwhelming, faceless combo out. They might even have to go back to jaraxxus and alexstrasza in their decks because of this change.

edit:
Maybe not even that since arcane golem probably works pretty well there as well. Sure they both lose out on some reach, but not a whole lot.

Xanathus

Miracle is still gonna be about as strong as it is now anyway, just with arcane golem imo.

I think handlock is gonna lose out quite a bit since their main win condition atm is stalling until they get leeroy, poweroverwhelming, faceless combo out. They might even have to go back to jaraxxus and alexstrasza in their decks because of this change.

edit:
Maybe not even that since arcane golem probably works pretty well there as well. Sure they both lose out on some reach, but not a whole lot.

Miracle is completely destroyed without Leeroy as the 2x Shadowstep combo is completely gone with Leeroy and replacing it with Arcane Golem drops the damage from 18 to 12 which is huge. You have to be crazy to think Miracle will be fine. Miracle is pretty bad even currently with the Loatheb and Sludge Belchers.

Zemm

even though i use leeroy in a few decks the nerf is fucking worth it for the miracle rogue tears

giphy.gif

worst deck to play against. could not give a fuck if it was removed entirely.

I have crossed over into antimatter Hearthstone, I've played ten games today and nine of them were against Priests and the tenth was a Shaman. New meta?

ViviOggi

And for good reason. You're in control of the game and then a fucking miracle happens and you die next turn. So anti-fun.

When this happens you weren't in control. Miracle is struggling hard already post-Naxx, nerfing Leeroy kills the deck for good. But who needs variety anway.

Raxus

Fireballs can't be buffed.
When this happens you weren't in control. Miracle is struggling hard already post-Naxx, nerfing Leeroy kills the deck for good. But who needs variety anway.

I find this hilarious in a meta run by zoos and hunters that was previously run by rouges and zoos/handlock.

Leeroy is often a common denominator in most of these decks. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone it got nerfed.
Spell power?

I kid, I kid.

Nerf Malygos to 11 mana :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom