• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

The change to Leeroy certainly seems like it'll put him more into line with Rocketeer, Argent Commander, and Arcane Golem.

The Buzzard nerf looks to completely change the way Hunter plays, though. Used to be they could draw a whole bunch of cards with 5-7 mana, and Hunter decks tended to be really fast and made use of a lot of digging cards to get the combo. Now they need 8 mana to draw with UTH, so they're going to need to play slower if they want to have cards in the turns before that. A lot of low-cost mana-efficient cards just got a lot less appealing.

Well, I guess individual auras is how Blizzard balances in house then. Pretty cool we got a glimpse of that thanks to a glitch.

Wonder what will happen to the meta now though.

Wow are you kidding me.

I was sitting on 3 Leeroys for months and I just disenchanted them the other day because I never thought they'd nerf it since he didn't seem like much of a problem after all the Naxx stuff came out. Man, that is heartbreaking.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of get it. It recycles the Miracle engine for a minion based strategy. No more flashy one turn plays, but it can still fuck with the other board like no one's business. Basically Miracle whenever Leeroy is the 30th card.

Might have to craft VanCleef after this nerf, it's doing work.

I kind of get it. It recycles the Miracle engine for a minion based strategy. No more flashy one turn plays, but it can still fuck with the other board like no one's business. So, basically Miracle whenever Leeroy is the 30th card.

Might have to craft VanCleef after this nerf, it's doing work.

Honestly it looks a bit like rogue decks I have run in the past but with auctioneer. Between coldblood, eviscerate, and conceal, in that deck you don't necessarily need a charge like leeroy although I would prefer to see at least one charge minion to make use of cold blood in a pinch.

Haly

Maybe it'll still run Leeroy, but no Shadowstep. Just Leeroy + Cold Blood for a 6 mana Pyroblast.

RIP Shadowstep's relevance. Back to the dumpster with Kidnapper.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Couldn't Miracle adapt by moving to the Mana Addict variety too? Doesn't that variant move a lot of the pressure off Leeroy?

Haly

They're very vulnerable to AoE or just plain removal, since you need them to stick for a turn. That's why the Addict version might run two Conceals. The other problem is that if you're using your spells to dig for answers with Auctioneer, then you have less spells to use with the Addicts. Auctioneer usually wants one Conceal as well. It can be strong, and it's a blast to play, but it's very inconsistent and being inconsistent is not what you want in a ladder deck or a tournament deck.

They're very vulnerable to AoE or just plain removal, since you need them to stick for a turn. That's why the Addict version might run two Conceals. The other problem is that if you're using your spells to dig for answers with Auctioneer, then you have less spells to use with the Addicts. Auctioneer usually wants one Conceal as well. It can be strong, and it's a blast to play, but it's very inconsistent and being inconsistent is not what you want in a ladder deck or a tournament deck.

yeah it's a super fun deck. love doing 50+ damage in a single turn.

i started had more success with it by shadowstepping mana addict when you get that combo early so that you can play her for 0 when you finally have auctioneer/conceal. it's still wildly inconsistent.

this non-leeroy miracle deck is actually pretty fun to play. for now at least. no one expects sludge belcher.

Haly

Sludge Belcher is so much god damn value. Singlehandedly slows down games to a crawl.

Cipherr

So, nonstop hunters on the ladder until the nerf bat comes down?

Oh absolutely, the nerf is the 22nd, they are all going to want to shoot for Legend with the cheese decks before then. Its going to be 3 times as bad once the word spreads all they way until the buzzer.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Couldn't Miracle adapt by moving to the Mana Addict variety too? Doesn't that variant move a lot of the pressure off Leeroy?

I primarily play the addict version of miracle when I rogue and have about 250 ranked wins with it. Insanely fun, insanely draw dependent and less reliable than standard miracle. Addict dies easily, even through stealth and you really have to be on point with how you mulligan. If your first or second cards are dead draws, you lost since Leeroy than becomes your only source of dmg. To be fair though, I've only tweaked it slightly since Naxx. It could use a real revisit to see if maybe shade of naxx has synergy with the otk.

zaxon

Holy crap. Just saw about the nerfs on Twitch chat and assumed it had to be trolling. Insane that they're finally giving in on Leeroy. What changed their mind? He's always been overpowered, but I haven't been seeing him as much post-naxx.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Holy crap. Just saw about the nerfs on Twitch chat and assumed it had to be trolling. Insane that they're finally giving in on Leeroy. What changed their mind? He's always been overpowered, but I haven't been seeing him as much post-naxx.

Probably the fact that even after naxx and cards like belcher, the original handlock deck could still set up easy otk faceless combos.

So I wonder what people will complain about next.

I just played a hunter who friended me and I felt like accepting to see how salty he was (I knew he was salty since he timed out on his last turn).

And he was soooo salty. He must be in a very emotional state due to seeing buzzard nerfed.

So I wonder what people will complain about next.

I just played a hunter who friended me and I felt like accepting to see how salty he was (I knew he was salty since he timed out on his last turn).

And he was soooo salty. He must be in a very emotional state due to seeing buzzard nerfed.

Warlock hero power, still probably the most op thing in the game

Q8D3vil

buzzard nerf is very excessive imo, i fucking hate hunter but that nerf is fucking hardcore.
but It means that hunters number and win rate is extremely fucked up.

Frenden

Banned
buzzard nerf is very excessive imo, i fucking hate hunter but that nerf is fucking hardcore.
but It means that hunters number and win rate is extremely fucked up.

I greatly disliked the last two Hunter metas enough to stop playing entirely, so this is welcome news for me.

And they totally nuked Buzzard from orbit. Like, there aren't even ashes left.

buzzard nerf makes me so happy

i'm farming a warlock bot that has a hover function... it sits the cursor over the hero power for 3-4 seconds and then taps

easy money

Zemm

DaHgWv9.gif

ShinNL

Board interaction sure is a bother, isn't it?

I said it before and will say it again: Zoo is the fairest popular deck out there. You can taunt against it, you can clear it.

Miracle Rogue was BS
(GTFO with that Sap and then burst)
Hunter is a cheesy POS
(GTFO with your Buzzard UTH)
Druid is still BS
(Oh I have lethal with 2 Harvest Golem because I skill draw 2 certain cards in my deck that aren't even Legendary)

People always find excuses to get easy wins and skip more than 50% of the game.

Vs Miracle Rogue you basically have a life total of 12hp.

Vs Hunter you never had the board, lol

Vs Druid you have a life total of 16hp and every minion should be considered a Fire Elemental.

Such fun, such skills.

kirblar

In MTG, the game can be about areas of the game other than the board and still be a good game. (It's a strength, as "what the matchup is about" will vary wildly.) In Hearthstone, the limitations of the game make it so that you NEED the game to be about the board, otherwise, the game just devolves into stupidity.

Frankly I am starting to look forward to the change. But I am still a little put off with it at the same time. Personally it is like a sweet sweet thing that is happening to hearthstone. But it is hard to enjoy that sweetness since I feel like they went too hard. Even the leeroy change could have been made to be 7/2 instead of 6/2 to compensate for the higher cost is what lies in the back of my mind.

edit:
And maybe they are doing it this way, over-nerfing, so that if they need to dial it back they dial it back just a bit instead of under-nerfing and still facing the same issues and having to nerf again like they did with UTH. Who knows...

Warlock hero power, still probably the most op thing in the game

Perhaps. I mean, I disagree with it being OP. But I could see warlock hero power being the next thing, especially since handlocks might see a rise in play.

People really overstate the strength of card draw when they ignore the fact that they're paying 2hp and 2 mana to do nothing but draw a card.

Echoing ooze is like playing a 1/2 that draws and then plays a free 1/2. Warlock hero power gets no minion, instead of putting out 2 attack power it takes 2 attack power, and leaves no bodies to absorb hits from minions.

Of course warlock's hero power isn't bad. But it isn't OP either.

bjaelke

Buzzard change is utter rubbish. They should have changed the draw mechanic to "draw 1 card per played beast card" instead.

Xanathus

I feel like the buzzard change wasn't really well thought out and is more of a temporary change in order to force everyone to stop playing hunter for awhile and to give the devs time to rethink the hunter class as a whole. They effectively just removed the buzzard card completely from the game and might as well have made it cost 11 mana. Anyway I expect meta to switch back to the mid-Naxx meta before Mad Scientist came out, but with even less Miracle Rogue, so expect 50% of the games to be Zoo.

Acidote

To disenchant Leeroy or not disenchant Leeroy.

I still don't have Cairne or the good class legendaries...

As with every nerfed card that returns full dust value... disenchant it and wait to see if it's still relevant. If it is, you just craft it again, if it is not, you craft something else.

Q8D3vil

I feel like the buzzard change wasn't really well thought out and is more of a temporary change in order to force everyone to stop playing hunter for awhile and to give the devs time to rethink the hunter class as a whole. They effectively just removed the buzzard card completely from the game and might as well have made it cost 11 mana. Anyway I expect meta to switch back to the mid-Naxx meta before Mad Scientist came out, but with even less Miracle Rogue, so expect 50% of the games to be Zoo.
They did it now because they dont want it to ruin their tournament. Funny because it ruined so many tournaments and made the game almost unplayable pre-nax.

Cipherr

Probably this. Maybe it would work okay as "Draw two cards next turn"?

Nah, all they have to do is make it draw the card after you END your turn. So you have to think ahead a little more and you aren't allowed to just top deck and then instantly play something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom