• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Haven't weighed in on the patch yet and the Buzzard change seems like an overreaction. 2 -> 5 is a huge adjustment. I would have preferred a change to "when a beast dies" or something similar (that some people have suggested) with maybe even a buff to stats, instead of this bizarre over-costed awkward combo-only piece we have now.

pyroblast, pyroblast, fireball, fireball

After opponent plays millhouse manastorm, of course. That could happen on turn 2.

Yeah, just realized that after I posted.

Would be interesting to make a list out off all all minions that can single handily win you that game in the very early turns. Not sure of anything else outside of Mana Addict and Dust Devil though. Dust Devil takes a whole lot more work and cards though, both take a lot of luck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So balanced
wink.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't think it's possible to win on turn 2. I can't think of anything that could happen.

Edit: I forgot about Millhouse and on turn two, you can have six cards if you go second.

Yeah there's a few ways to do it with Millhouse. I thought of at least 3. I couldn't envision anything faster without him, though.

Raxus

Ran into my first bot today. I am surprised Blizzard has no way to report player in this game. It would do wonders to ban accounts.

buffi

Banned
I don't think it's possible to win on turn 2. I can't think of anything that could happen.

Edit: I forgot about Millhouse and on turn two, you can have six cards if you go second.

It's possible with rogue, going second and drawing:

Young Dragonhawk, Cold blood, Cold blood, Abusive Sergeant, Coin

Turn 1: (Draw shadowstep)
Young Dragonhawk

Turn 2: (Draw shadowstep)
Coin
Cold blood (on Dragonhawk)
Cold blood (on Dragonhawk)
Abusive Sergeant (+2 on Dragonhawk)
Shadowstep (on Abusive Sergeant)
Shadowstep (on Abusive Sergeant)
Attack twice with Young Dragonhawk which is now a 15/1 minion. 30 damage

BONUS (the below will never ever happen ever)

It's also possible with Priest when playing against a Rogue where the Rogue has two Preparations in hand, and a Ysera in his deck, and the priest has:

Mind Games, Inner Fire, Mind Vision, Divine Spirit, Coin

Turn 1: (draw Mind Vision)
Coin
Mind Vision (get Preparation)
Preparation
Mind Games (get Ysera)
End of turn: Ysera draws nightmare

Turn 2:
Nightmare on Ysera
Mind Vision (get Preparation)
Preparation
Divine Spirit (on Ysera)
Inner Fire (on Ysera)
Hit for 34 damage

I can't take credit for the Priest combo, it came up as a response to this reddit thread I posted a few months back asking the same question (but rather if any class except rogue could do it) here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/22d48w

Other than those two, I'm fairly confident that the only other possible turn 1/2 kills are with Millhouse, but that's kindoff cheating ;)

ZealousD

I guess if vs druid they can pull some shenanigans with innervate and auctioneer drawing their entire deck and getting like double force of nature savage roars going.

You don't really need auctioneer to do that. double force and one savage roar would be enough.

Other options. Shaman, you have Dust Devil on Turn 1, then double rockbiter and double bloodlust. Paladin could do young dragonhawk, double blessing of might, double blessing of kings. And Priests could technically Thoughtsteal several wombo combos.

Cipherr

Who do you guys think is the best HS player? By that I guess I mean not only playing others but also in terms of deck building.

Its hard to say, Reynad is incredible at deck building and is responsible for a few really popular meta shifts. But Guardsman Bob (someone no one seems to watch or know) is by far and away the best Arena player I have seen. Miles better than Kripp Reynad or anyone. The guy is really fucking good.

Helps that he has javascript on his stream and lets people in Twitch chat vote for which class he will run the arena with. And even sometimes lets Twitch chat vote for the entire Arena draft then he just plays the deck chat chose. Incredible how well he can do with a deck that chat made so many bad voting decisions on.

Alrus

Its hard to say, Reynad is incredible at deck building and is responsible for a few really popular meta shifts. But Guardsman Bob (someone no one seems to watch or know) is by far and away the best Arena player I have seen. Miles better than Kripp Reynad or anyone. The guy is really fucking good.

Helps that he has javascript on his stream and lets people in Twitch chat vote for which class he will run the arena with. And even sometimes lets Twitch chat vote for the entire Arena draft then he just plays the deck chat chose. Incredible how well he can do with a deck that chat made so many bad voting decisions on.

Him and Hafu are my favorite players to watch because they mostly do arenas and they're very good at it.

Love it... first totem when he needs it to survive a round...

stoneclaw totem

Then of course he rolls a healing totem so I can't dagger through the stupid taunt and of all the direct damage moves in my deck, including 3 weapons, I get an argent squire...

You'd think the abuse in itself would be flagged as suspicious when an account was investigated.

I think they are trying to make it so you can't earn gold when botting but haven't perfected it yet so it isn't live quite yet.

when more than one minion dies at once and duplicate is up, how does the game choose a minion to copy?

i bet it's random because blizzard developers

Zemm

bob and dog are the arena streamers I'll watch, arena can be quite boring though but those two make it more bearable.

Haly

Used to depend on some obscure internal logic. Now it's just first-in-first-out.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
when more than one minion dies at once and duplicate is up, how does the game choose a minion to copy?

i bet it's random because blizzard developers
unless it was changed when deathrattle was (which I don't think is safe to assume at all), it probably works the way redemption did which is actually a complicated algorithm that has to do with ranking cards into tiers by ability and then choosing from the highest tier by first played or something like that.

The rules worked with redemption is such a way that if you have a bunch of 1/1's and Tirion and everything died to AoE, Tirion always came back no matter on order.

unless it was changed when deathrattle was (which I don't think is safe to assume at all), it probably works the way redemption did which is actually a complicated algorithm that has to do with ranking cards into tiers by ability and then choosing from the highest tier by first played or something like that.

The rules worked with redemption is such a way that if you have a bunch of 1/1's and Tirion and everything died to AoE, Tirion always came back no matter on order.

It never worked based on an algorithm lol. From all appearances it was random before. Now it is the oldest minion on the board.

Haly

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Kibler hype ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

This meta... paladins, priests and warriors. I'm gonna fall asleep...

Get ready for a cozy ride down to fatigue town.

This druid lost 10 turns ago but refuses to accept it and we're about to hit fatigue.

I mean it was clear as day as he was top decking for the past 5 turns while I was at 30 hp, 5 cards in hand, 2 strikes from ashbringer still, cairne, aldor peacekeeper, and that 5/6 class card.... I mean, gotta accept a loss sometimes before you hit your last card lmao.

double innervate, coin, ancient of war against a hunter who hasn't shown a hunter's mark yet....

and it worked because i didn't draw one for 4 more turns

are there cheats for this game where you can see someone's hand?

Like this is crazy, I am facing the first hunter I haven't seen drop undertaker in the first 1-2 turns in like 10+ hunters over the last couple days.

(I guess it isn't really crazy but still wtf.... face hunters suck ass and these are damn near close to it).

Zemm

Same thing with priest, I'm surprised if I don't see an undertaker within the first few drops. This deathrattle meta is so zzzz.

My Zoo deck has been getting destroyed by this Auchenai/Circle of Healing/Cabal Shadow Priest/Undertaker/Zombie Chow deck going around. I don't know if I'm just misplaying horribly or if the matchup is very favourable for the Priest, but man it's been brutal.

Special C

I almost always win my first 3 arena games, then the difficulty ramps up majorly. Does Arena considerlosses for matching or just wins? 3-0 is vastly different than 3-2.

I don't think the Arena matchmaking system has ever been made public, but I'd bet money on 3-0 decks being given tougher opponents than 3-2 decks. The average deck in the latter group is simply an average, unremarkable deck/pilot combo, while the 3-0 group is filled with strong decks and/or strong players likely to go on deep runs.

ZealousD

Same thing with priest, I'm surprised if I don't see an undertaker within the first few drops. This deathrattle meta is so zzzz.

Undertaker is just so gross. Starting to think it should go up 2 attack rather than do 1/1 each time. Having it turn into Dark Cultist or a Yeti is just crazy.

Magnus

There are so many terms and names I don't understand here, and I've been playing the game steadily for 3 weeks. I have a lot to learn, I guess.

Aside from paying real money to buy all of Naxx (which I'm totally comfortable with - I'm super entertained by the voice acting, inventive encounter design, and nostalgia; the new cards are almost a bonus), I'm going all 'earned'. No micro transaction crap for now to buy arena entries or booster packs. The game is so entertaining to play so many weeks in that I don't feel like the daily quests are grindy at all, and they keep me going on the fee for arena every other day.

Rocking a Priest deck. Can't seem to get any higher than Rank 17; the players are just so elevated going from 19 on up.

Getting a 20/20 Lightspawn on turn 4 or 5 and winning on 6 is just electrifying. Love it.

Played a mind control/shadow madness heavy deck in Arena and only won twice. But had so much fun. Getting to use new cards every arena is a blast.

I like paladin.... but fuck priests. I'd rather play a match that ends with me losing in 6-10 minutes than win against a priest 5 cards into fatigue who takes a minute each round when he ends up playing nothing but a humility of his last 3 cards. It ended up lasting 24 minutes. Literally felt like an hour, no joke.

edit:
I don't mind the match up, it is interesting. Mainly the priest guys who take forever the last 10 turns. Just a little rant. Priests are alright, just these specific people are driving me nuts.

edit2:
And I don't mind people who take their time. I definitely take my time on important turns, especially early turns where there are a lot of options. But I mean, it just gets to a certain point where there are no decisions left to make. You have 3 cards, nothing to draw. One of your cards is humility and the board is full of nothing above 1 attack. 2 of your other cards appear to be dead cards like 2x shadowword death (he didn't use SWD on my only 5 attack minion and my only other above 5 is tirion which he mind controlled).... the game is over... win or lose... (he lost).

Blu(e)

I like paladin.... but fuck priests. I'd rather play a match that ends with me losing in 6-10 minutes than win against a priest 5 cards into fatigue who takes a minute each round when he ends up playing nothing but a humility of his last 3 cards. It ended up lasting 24 minutes. Literally felt like an hour, no joke.

edit:
I don't mind the match up, it is interesting. Mainly the priest guys who take forever the last 10 turns. Just a little rant. Priests are alright, just these specific people are driving me nuts.

edit2:
And I don't mind people who take their time. I definitely take my time on important turns, especially early turns where there are a lot of options. But I mean, it just gets to a certain point where there are no decisions left to make. You have 3 cards, nothing to draw. One of your cards is humility and the board is full of nothing above 1 attack. 2 of your other cards appear to be dead cards like 2x shadowword death (he didn't use SWD on my only 5 attack minion and my only other above 5 is tirion which he mind controlled).... the game is over... win or lose... (he lost).
You seem to be just ranting against a recent player more than Priests really. I played a Mage recently whose board was completely empty and was stalling with frost nova. I don't misdirect my frustrations against people playing the class.

johnsmith

remember me
Wild pyro, coin, pws combo in arena from a priest to kill my stealthed panther. FUCK YOU. This isn't constructed.

Oh and now I'm fighting the arena handlock with mountain giant and a twilight drake.

I HATE ARENA SO MUCH

And I do think people are botting now. WAAAAY too many people with new card backs.

Special C

So I'm playing around with this Shaman build using Stealth/Windfury for high Burst damage. The Advantage of using Stealth instead of Charge is that you can put minions down one turn and then next turn have all your mana to buff. Actually makes Windspeaker playable. I'm doing good with it so far. The spells/spirit wolves can help get you through early game until you can hit big with Buffed Tiger, Faceless, Ravenholt

1 Earth Shock x2 (for Taunts)
1 Lighting Bolt x2
1 Rockbiter Weapon x2
1 Abusive Sgt x2 (don't be afraid to play turn 1)
2 Windfury x2
2 Flametongue Totem x2
3 Feral Spirit x2
3 Lava Burst x2
3 Lightning Storm x2
3 Shade of Naxxramus x 2
4 Leeroy Jenkins x1
4 Windspeaker x2
5 Bloodlust x 1
5 Faceless Manipulator x 1 (I only have one, two might be better)
5 Stranglethorn Tiger x2
6 Black Knight x1 (might be too mana ineffecient to deal with taunts)
7 Ravenholt Assassin x1
8 Ak Akir

Acinixys

So I'm playing around with this Shaman build using Stealth/Windfury for high Burst damage. The Advantage of using Stealth instead of Charge is that you can put minions down one turn and then next turn have all your mana to buff. Actually makes Windspeaker playable. I'm doing good with it so far. The spells/spirit wolves can help get you through early game until you can hit big with Buffed Tiger, Faceless, Ravenholt

Windspeaker is seriously undervalued in Shaman decks IMO

If you manage to hold a Flametongue Totem and/or a Rockbiter till you get a big minion on the board its almost always a win

Xanathus

I might have fought and won against Amaz in arena about half an hour ago but I'm not sure because he wasn't streaming and it could just be a fake. He was using the default card back and fireblast sudoku'd himself at the end so I guess I'll just have to check if he is using that card back on his NA account sometime soon.
edit: checked some recent VODs, he's using the Icecrown card back so it wasn't him

Do Better

WHAT THE FUCK?

Can I not play bloodlust if my opponent poison seeds my board???

I had exact lethal on the board and played bloodlust. The fucking turn glitched out and I couldn't do shit. After the timer ran out, bloodlust came back into my hand again.

Wtf man

this fuckin' game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom