• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Tarei definitely played well throughout the series but he sure topdicked a heck of a lot in that last game.

He top-decked at least 4 cards there. Auctioneer, Prep, second Eviscerate I think and something else, think Shadowstep. One of them out of a Sap, even though his first play seemed to be setting up a kill on Rag with Backstab, so that might or might not have been intentional even.

In Tides position it certainly felt like his opponent RNGed the shit out of that game, but that's HS for you.

Edit: I should say I did like he was playing Ooze and Harrison in his decks. I love those cards myself and include them in as many decks as possible.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Got "The Meek Shall Inherit" for my quest today. Fuck that shit. So I re-rolled it.

Got "Spell Master".

FUUUUUUU

johnsmith

remember me
Well its obviously the best deck. Not even kidding. Just got wrecked turn 5. You can't beat an undertaker start, finished off with a turn 5 doomguard.

Brofist

Never drafting a Twilight Drake in arena ever again. It gets silenced 99.9% of the time, no question. The .01% time it doesn't I probably had to play it in a top decking situation where it was a 4/1 anyway.

Tarazet

Never drafting a Twilight Drake in arena ever again. It gets silenced 99.9% of the time, no question. The .01% time it doesn't I probably had to play it in a top decking situation where it was a 4/1 anyway.

Just don't be greedy. Playing him as a 4/4 or a 4/5 lets him have an impact on the field without murdering your tempo because you haven't played anything for 2 turns.

running freeze mage to counter all the zoo trash in lower ranks.

freeze mage is only weak to loatheb and control warrior. it's good times.

Blu(e)

After struggling to get at least three wins on average, I finally got eight wins. Got nothing good from the card pack though. Feels good man.

Haunted

I was laughing out loud at this part. Listen to what Trump says about the bot making bad plays and not running certain tech cards, then watch the next minute or so unfold.
The best part is after being wrong about that, he apologises and praises the bot... only to run into a turn where the bot plays double Lightning Storm and then Violet Teacher afterwards. :lol

Goddamn bots.

GeoGonzo

I wouldn't know either way since I either haven't played against bots yet or I'm simply unable to tell them apart but... keep in mind that Trump's videos are carefully trimmed to cut away almost every second where something isn't moving or Trump isn't speaking. Maybe that's why it doesn't look like a bot.

There should be a BotStone turny. They could have multiple ways to win other than just beating all the others, like having the most complex bot or having it play hard/complex decks.

Minsc

Gold Member
This bot emoted before starting the turn it hit lethal. Plus he had arrows while attacking almost every action.

Still, you'd think someone who has played probably 10,000+ games of Hearthstone would know if they're facing a bot... I think bots can do arrows now too. And don't forget, you can take over for a bot any time you want iirc, so it's very possible the opponent saw he was playing trump, let the bot have it's go for kicks, and then emoted themselves at the end with lethal. Actually it really doesn't sound hard to program a bot to emote "well played" when it has lethal either.

And I was going to criticize the bot for playing the Violet Teacher after the Lightning Storms, but Mortal Coil I guess would make that the better play, so I'm not sure where that weighs in of favor for being a bot or player.

Still, you'd think someone who has played probably 10,000+ games of Hearthstone would know if they're facing a bot... I think bots can do arrows now too. And don't forget, you can take over for a bot any time you want iirc, so it's very possible the opponent saw he was playing trump, let the bot have it's go for kicks, and then emoted themselves at the end with lethal. Actually it really doesn't sound hard to program a bot to emote "well played" when it has lethal either.

And I was going to criticize the bot for playing the Violet Teacher after the Lightning Storms, but Mortal Coil I guess would make that the better play, so I'm not sure where that weighs in of favor for being a bot or player.

There are just no telltale signs of being a bot really. The only thing is the deck being played which really means nothing.

Also, while I agree a player could have taken over, they took over quite early. In fact, I'd have to watch the beginning of the match to tell if there ever was a bot in control, or at least signs of it.

Aylinato

My favorite is when I'm playing a mid range warlock using early game cards that zoo have and them burning hard removal on 4 attack units and then my 11 attack Thaddeus fucks them up

Not bad freeze mage, not badddd. Got me to rank 5.

lGtsFgG.png

Here is the deck
XKDqql1.png

Haunted

That feeling when I have to run my whole board into Deathlord to remove him... and the deathrattle summons my Kel'Thuzad.

>Sorry that happened.

Freeze mage is still the least interactive deck in the game. I'm probably 50/50 vs them, almost entirely depending on whether I can silence doomsayer or not. I guess I just don't like giving up my board even when I probably should.

I'd rather face zoo than freeze mage since at least zoo does things you can interact with.

edit:

Huh, nice... I actually beat a priest just now with shaman. I haven't had much luck in that match up, but had hex for ysera, hex off the top with KT, and he didn't screw me over too hard with cabal shadow priest. Definitely more of a control deck than I am used to lately though.

That was a nice win... I still had earthshock and 2 spell power on board so I could have killed KT easily without hex... even had a flametongue totem.

I realized the priest must have a pretty terrible hand once he used a holy flame thingie on a flametongue totem lol... he wasn't even really low on hp. After I hexed his KT and earthshocked his loot hoarder, I think I broke his spirit.

edit2:
I am on a roll... priest is seemingly less intimidating now that I've beaten 2 in a row. I did get a bit lucky though. No circle auchenai combo, but once I realized that I played a bigger board. Also the priest played it risky by dropping a bare injured blade master which was lightning bolted, and then again dropped a dark cultist after that which was lightning bolted with spell power totem on board. He played a feral spirits against me and he had 4 mana left over so I thought for sure this is a circle play coming up... I kinda played a little bit into it but hedged my bets and when he didn't circle I then played my own feral spirits after an unbound elemental. Plus had a earthshock to take out the soulpriest just in case.

I'm trying this out tonight and I can't figure out how to get the deck to update. I manually entered the cards. Selected the deck and it is showing up on screen but it isn't updating at all when I play cards. All it has managed to do is drop my fps a tad heheh.

Hey guys:

Turn 1 undertaker.

If you're like me and tired to death of undertakers... play shaman. It really works well. Shaman have 3 says to deal with undertakers on turn 1 from hand. I am almost always mulliganing for at least 1 lightning bolt, 1 rockbiter, or 1 earthshock. I also have a hidden weapon which is forked lightning. Oh man, this card is the only card I actually have in the deck that I picked myself. And I picked it over harrison jones, well since I don't have him, and because of the heavy zoo meta. And the card is fantastic, especially when you have spellpower like omg. And it is an additional way to buff my unbound elemental as well.

Here is my decklist if you wanna try it out:

Earthshock
forked lightning x1
rockbiter
flametongue totem
haunted creeper
feral spirit
hex
lightning storm
mana tide totem x1 (technically this was my addition by the list was updated to include this later)
unbound elemental
defender of argus
gnomish inventor x1
doomhammer x1
azure drake
loatheb x1
fire elemental
al'akir x1

I think I might have deviated from the original list in another place or two but that is what I am running right now. The underlined are 1 ofs, and if it isn't noted as a 1 of, it has 2 copies in the deck.

I've also toyed with the idea of throwing blood lust in the deck... it might be alright in a heavier control deck instead of using forked lightning.

Ugh, paladin or warrior quest. Is shockadin still viable? Or Tempo warrior. I dont want to play control.

Aggro paladin should still hard counter handlock...

Play aggro warrior... maybe.

Just killed a mage bot with one. Good stuff, only a few cards that cost 1 mana that are capable of doing ~20 damage by turn 5 if not dealt with immediately.

Like dust devil left alone... lol

Even mana addict is like 2 cost I think.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't know how sjow's deck works. Way too greedy, there's no removal at all. Every time i've tried it my hand is full of useless legendaries while i get wrecked by small creatures.

Minsc

Gold Member
I don't know how sjow's deck works. Way too greedy, there's no removal at all. Every time i've tried it my hand is full of useless legendaries while i get wrecked by small creatures.

New game mode: First 5 turns playing cards is disabled, you can only hero power.
paladin buff?

Cipherr

I really want to like Control Warrior. But I hate that it plays just a big bunch of legs. Ive not seen a control warrior deck with any less than about 5 legs in it. I really don't enjoy playing it. Its the only control deck I dont have fun playing.

I really hope the 100+ card expansion gives the war class some more cool class cards so I can hopefully find a way to enjoy the class.

Rogue on the other hand is hopeless, I dont think theres a chance I will ever like that class. Corny ass class cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom