• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to finish 3 dailies on Friday and did them last night but obviously missed Saturday's daily due to having the previous 3 still active. Today I received 2 dailies. That seems new.

ZZMitch

Forgot to finish 3 dailies on Friday and did them last night but obviously missed Saturday's daily due to having the previous 3 still active. Today I received 2 dailies. That seems new.

I had something similar happen. I couldn't play at all for week or so due to school, but I logged in for a while a few days ago and completed all my quests. The next day I had 3 again.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow. Ran into a face hunter running double wolfrider and double arcane golem in ranked today. Don't see those too often anymore.

I had something similar happen. I couldn't play at all for week or so due to school, but I logged in for a while a few days ago and completed all my quests. The next day I had 3 again.

Greatly appreciated as I always want to do my dailies, but life gets in the way.

That is a good one. What are you complaining about? :p

I have little to no mage cards and that seems to be a really deck specific legendary for freeze mage as opposed to say, black knight, rag, or Cairne, where you can just slot them into basically any deck. Even if I did have mage cards, I would still want a multi-class legendary.

I have little to no mage cards and that seems to be a really deck specific legendary for freeze mage as opposed to say, black knight, rag, or Cairne, where you can just slot them into basically any deck.

Every class legendary is like that. But they're still worth keeping, except for maybe king krush. I would even keep vellen despite priest decks not really using him lately.

Fuck ladder. This game is basically "whoever got undertaker and other 1 drops wins."

Try shaman. Except against priest it is pretty good against the undertaker decks due to the amount of removal.

I haven't even come close to losing to zoo either, which I guess is extra popular atm due to recent tournament results.

Every class legendary is like that. But they're still worth keeping, except for maybe king krush. I would even keep vellen despite priest decks not really using him lately.

Yeah I know, that's why I like getting non-class legendaries instead. And maybe it's just my limited knowledge, but it seems like some class legendaries are more versatile than others and can be incorporated into more decks. Antonidas just seems hard to get value out of unless you run freeze mage.

I get what you mean about saving them though, I've got a Tirion from way back but still lack all the paladin epics.

Yeah I know, that's why I like getting non-class legendaries instead. And maybe it's just my limited knowledge, but it seems like some class legendaries are more versatile than others and can be incorporated into more decks. Antonidas just seems hard to get value out of unless you run freeze mage.

I get what you mean about saving them though, I've got a Tirion from way back but still lack all the paladin epics.

They are more versatile than you probably think. Tirion can fit in any paladin deck, even though he works best in control because they have an easier time baiting out removal. On the other hand, in aggro people spend removal quicker because they are afraid of a big divine favor move.

Also, paladin doesn't really require many paladin epics. Lay on hands is the only one I run in the control paladin deck I run. Sometimes I also run avenging wrath in a more midrange version.

You could probably make decent decks with both tirion and antonidas. You just might have to test around a bit, figure out what works and what doesn't. Or just look up some netdecks til you find one that you can make.

They are more versatile than you probably think. Tirion can fit in any paladin deck, even though he works best in control because they have an easier time baiting out removal. On the other hand, in aggro people spend removal quicker because they are afraid of a big divine favor move.

Also, paladin doesn't really require many paladin epics. Lay on hands is the only one I run in the control paladin deck I run. Sometimes I also run avenging wrath in a more midrange version.

You could probably make decent decks with both tirion and antonidas. You just might have to test around a bit, figure out what works and what doesn't. Or just look up some netdecks til you find one that you can make.

Hmm, good advice. I think you're right in that I'm basing my assumption of their value on how I see them used, and mistakenly conclude that unless I can support them with those other synergy cards that they're not as useful. Could be a nice change of pace too.

Do you have a decklist?

naxxcp.png

This is what I ran last season. I haven't updated it much since the patch though.

I kinda like running haunted creeper in the deck though. It works pretty well with equality and KT shenanigans.

Not sure if running ironbeak owl is worth it though. Could replace that with sylvanas maybe. I mainly preserve silence for one sole thing though... which is sylvanas. And that is what the spellbreaker is for.

freeze mage does really well. it loses pretty hard to control warrior but there isn't much of that on ladder. it's all priest, druid and zoo.

zoukka

Slow ass matchups and monthly reset in ladder. Thanks Blizzard and HS players who whined burst tactics away.

At least I can dedicate myself to arena and never look at ranked again.

Zemm

Slow matches are only a problem if you're trying to roadrunner up the ranks. If you don't care about getting the highest ranking in the fastest time possible then the game is in pretty good shape. There's still plenty of burst and aggro as well, it's just more balanced right now.

zoukka

Slow matches are only a problem if you're trying to roadrunner up the ranks. If you don't care about getting the highest ranking in the fastest time possible then the game is in pretty good shape. There's still plenty of burst and aggro as well, it's just more balanced right now.

If someone cares about getting to legend now they play Zoo or facehunter. Saves so much trouble and time. If you play for learning and individual matches then you still want to zoom quick to legend to get decent opponents.

Zemm

Agree but there are a ton of players outside legendary that are good enough to play in the legendary ranks, they just don't have the time or will, or both, to push for it. Most games nowadays seem to be against good players with the occasional Dennis.

Zemm

I think this is the best the game has ever been. I'm still seeing a lot of zoo, miracle and hunter decks. They just don't make up 90 percent of the meta now and aren't as frustrating to play against.

Minsc

Gold Member
I guess I missed all the excitement earlier, but good show bringing a "brainless" Zoo deck to the recent $98k tournament and wrecking the other players with decks of legendaries leaking out the sides of them.

Goes to show the game really isn't P2W, and of course the thread over at Blizzard's forums is calling for heads to roll over zoo beating out other control-oriented decks, which is exactly what it should do.

Edit: That said, I still do enjoy the Doomguard suggestion where it's the same card effect, and a weaker creature (maybe like 3/3 charge), and gets +1/+2 for each card discarded when summoned (to the max of 2). I think that would balance the card wonderfully, a:

3/3 charge when no cards are discarded (or summoned directly from hand / silenced)
4/5 charge with 1 card discarded when cast
5/7 charge with 2 cards discarded when cast

Now it is working as intended I feel. This also works great for soulfire, make it do 2 damage when no cards are discarded and 4 damage when the 1 card it calls for is discarded. :)

It'd be cool if more classes got to choose effects and abilities of cards like that, but I don't see it happening. I mentioned it before, but the "Choose One" is the druid class 'mechanic' and I think they'll want to keep it to one class. I hope I'm wrong though, it would allow way more play and uses for other cards.

It'll be interesting to see if they ever make any major changes or just add cards and balance. Guess we'll find out in November.

Minsc

Gold Member
It'd be cool if more classes got to choose effects and abilities of cards like that, but I don't see it happening. I mentioned it before, but the "Choose One" is the druid class 'mechanic' and I think they'll want to keep it to one class. I hope I'm wrong though, it would allow way more play and uses for other cards.

It'll be interesting to see if they ever make any major changes or just add cards and balance. Guess we'll find out in November.

It doesn't even have to be interactive. The Doomguard discard is still a forced 2 card discard in my example above, but a benefit is bestowed for actually having the cards to discard. If you played it and were able to discard 2 cards, it is now a 5/7 instead of a 3/3 (or more precisely a 3/3 with a buff that can be silenced), you are still given no choice in the matter. If you had 0 cards in hand when you cast it, it is a 3/3 charge (with no buffs), so you can either hold on to it until you have cards to discard, or hero power in to a card to discard for it to be a 4/5 charge (discard 1 card, not 2 is only 1x +1/+2 bonus).

Same for soulfire, it's still a forced discard, but if you have no cards when it's played the damage is only 2. If you can discard when casting it, you get the full 4 damage (2 extra).

Haunted

oh boy, 1600 dust! Crafting time!

Good neutral legendaries I'm missing:

The Black Knight
Thalnos
Leeroy
Harrison Jones
Malygos
Alexstraza

Class specific:

Tirion
Grommash
Al'Akir
Cenarius

Any thoughts?

I'm leaning towards Thalnos or The Black Knight since I would be able to play them in more decks.

But I've been enjoying my time with Paladin and Warrior control decks, and either class legendary would make for strong addition to those.

Edit: That said, I still do enjoy the Doomguard suggestion where it's the same card effect, and a weaker creature (maybe like 3/3 charge), and gets +1/+2 for each card discarded when summoned (to the max of 2). I think that would balance the card wonderfully, a:

3/3 charge when no cards are discarded (or summoned directly from hand / silenced)
4/5 charge with 1 card discarded when cast
5/7 charge with 2 cards discarded when cast

Now it is working as intended I feel. This also works great for soulfire, make it do 2 damage when no cards are discarded and 4 damage when the 1 card it calls for is discarded. :)
I like this idea a lot.

Charge, Battlecry: Discard two random cards, gains +1/+2 for each discarded card.

Doesn't seem too long/complicated for card text either.

Lyng

If someone cares about getting to legend now they play Zoo or facehunter. Saves so much trouble and time. If you play for learning and individual matches then you still want to zoom quick to legend to get decent opponents.

But isnt the problem more that the ladder system sucks more than the meta?
By system I mean the way/time it takes to reach any kind of real opponents/legendrank.

jblank83

Good neutral legendaries I'm missing:

The Black Knight
Thalnos
Harrison Jones
Malygos

Black Knight is great given the state of today's game.
Thalnos is always great, but it's not a high impact card given that it's a 1/1.
Harrison is great, but it really depends on the meta. Is Warrior-Rogue-Paladin that big a deal right now? Doesn't seem so.
Malygos is amazing but only for specific decks. If you want to run that cheesy Rogue build, it's fun.

Haunted

I know Thalnos is a good card, but it somehow feels wrong to spend the 1600 dust that I painfully accumulated over the last months on a 2 mana 1/1. :D

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with The Black Knight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom