• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Second KT Paladin I see in arena today, so fucking dumb

€: KT, 3 Truesilvers, 2 Lay on Hands, 2 Guardians of Kings, 2 Consecrates, 1 Equality, 1 BoK is what I remember in terms of standout cards, what a fucking dick. Still won, feelsgoodman.bmp

Tacitus_

It's really been amateur hour there. First they start over 30 mins late, then when they get into game the audio levels are all messed up and I shut off the stream. When I tried to watch again some time later, they had a desync and Reynad claimed that someone had just downloaded the new FF to their laptop on Steam. Now he might not have been serious about it and it might not have been the cause, but you shouldn't give your entire downstream to Steam when you're running a tourney on your network.

Since it's 2GD running things there I expect some drunken hijinks in a few hours. What a mess.

Back-to-back zoo with Hellfire in their deck. Why?

Tech card against other zoos / weenie decks if you fall behind.

Here's my current Priest deck I'm using to get up the ladder. Really slow process since it requires 10 mana and most of the deck to be cycled. I think it needs a little tuning though. I think the pains / deaths could be something else but I'm not sure.

Nice to get it to work too, most people don't expect it. Wonder if there's a more legit deck like this though.

I like Shadow Madness over Pain. It takes a little longer to play, but you can kill two minions and steal deathrattles. It's also pretty useful for side stepping taunts like Sludge Belcher when you need to remove something else or hit with a minion for lethal. Sometimes you can pull off some cool plays like when I stole a Knife Juggler, played a minion which caused the Knife Juggler to kill one of the other guy's 2/1s, and then I traded his Juggler for his other minion. Or stealing a Wild Pyromancer which triggers from the Shadow Madness that was used to steal it.

Haunted

I like Shadow Madness over Pain. It takes a little longer to play, but you can kill two minions and steal deathrattles. It's also pretty useful for side stepping taunts like Sludge Belcher when you need to remove something else or hit with a minion for lethal. Sometimes you can pull off some cool plays like when I stole a Knife Juggler, played a minion which caused the Knife Juggler to kill one of the other guy's 2/1s, and then I traded his Juggler for his other minion. Or stealing a Wild Pyromancer which triggers from the Shadow Madness that was used to steal it.
oooh really that's how that works? I didn't know that.

I shadow madness'd a maexxna once and ran it into ysera, that felt pretty good.

johnsmith

remember me
Here's my current Priest deck I'm using to get up the ladder. Really slow process since it requires 10 mana and most of the deck to be cycled. I think it needs a little tuning though. I think the pains / deaths could be something else but I'm not sure.

Nice to get it to work too, most people don't expect it. Wonder if there's a more legit deck like this though.

You're missing undertakers. I would run something closer to this, though not a fan of the ysera personally. I replaced that with black knight.

4YmYrDc.png

You can't just avoid card advantage just because the matchup often goes into fatigue.

So lets say you're the control warrior, you have acolyte and shield block, with only 5 or so cards left in your deck. You have an overwhelming amount of armor already, like 14, with a high amount of hp, like 20, you would drop an acolyte... and then still shield block?

Nah man, that match up is not about card advantage. I learned that pretty early when playing control paladin for the first couple times against warrior. My opponent's hp and card advantage is irrelevant because their main win condition is shut down so hard by paladin cards it isn't even funny. It is all about board control, especially when one player is getting close into fatigue. I actually won because of his acolyte. Such a weak minion that simply died to my next aoe. I ended up winning with such a weak board, but it was still board control.

Zemm

Does anyone else get like black screen flashes on this viagame stream? Wish this was on twitch instead for the chat.

My new strategy on Ranked, since I play Shaman: Act like a bot for as many turns as I can manage to lull my opponents into a sense of "oh, just a bot."

Also: what the hell kind of tournament is this? Why are they on tablets?

ViviOggi

haha that's perfect. Imagine twitch chat now :(
Seriously, Viagame pls

Even Dailymotion implemented a chat when they were sponsoring & streaming Dota tournaments (which was both terrible and hilarious because emoticons were fucking HUGE for some reason)

Talk about missed opportunity

gutshot

Seriously, Viagame pls

Even Dailymotion implemented a chat when they were sponsoring & streaming Dota tournaments (which was both terrible and hilarious because emoticons were fucking HUGE for some reason)

Talk about missed opportunity

Do you guys not see the chat or something? It's next to the stream.

It's pretty much Twitch chat minus the emotes right now.

ViviOggi

Do you guys not see the chat or something? It's next to the stream.

It's pretty much Twitch chat minus the emotes right now.

Oh no, I just opened the Liquidhearth page and didn't bother checking because last time I watched something on Viagame they didn't have a chat. Now I've missed the best part, they're not even banning ASCIIs
SLx19c3.gif

Also faces are essential to the Twitch experience.

zoukka

So lets say you're the control warrior, you have acolyte and shield block, with only 5 or so cards left in your deck. You have an overwhelming amount of armor already, like 14, with a high amount of hp, like 20, you would drop an acolyte... and then still shield block?

Nah man, that match up is not about card advantage. I learned that pretty early when playing control paladin for the first couple times against warrior. My opponent's hp and card advantage is irrelevant because their main win condition is shut down so hard by paladin cards it isn't even funny. It is all about board control, especially when one player is getting close into fatigue. I actually won because of his acolyte. Such a weak minion that simply died to my next aoe. I ended up winning with such a weak board, but it was still board control.

You gain board control with fitting cards and trades and card draw ensures you get those cards. Sure if you are close to fatigue, you need to think whether you want to cycle towards your last good cards, but in the beginning of a match you draw everything you can.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Card advantage matters in early game so you can have your answers. Not in the late game when you are ready to enter fatigue.

Control vs control is about getting as much value out of your cards as you can.

You gain board control with fitting cards and trades and card draw ensures you get those cards. Sure if you are close to fatigue, you need to think whether you want to cycle towards your last good cards, but in the beginning of a match you draw everything you can.

I was talking about the end of the match, where warriors are still dropping card draw decking themselves vs paladins...

dropping acolyte when you are low on cards and choosing to draw cards off acolyte is just asking to lose. And then he used a shield block...

CoolOff

So, all my classes are approaching 60 except for Warlock, who is stuck at 35. I'm shit at Handlock, but playing Zoo just seems so wrong (
Never actually tried it.
).

What should I do Hearth-GAF?

So, all my classes are approaching 60 except for Warlock, who is stuck at 35. I'm shit at Handlock, but playing Zoo just seems so wrong (
Never actually tried it.
).

What should I do Hearth-GAF?

Play zoo against the AI for 1000000 hours until you reach 60

I know and he was obviously cycling towards some power cards he hoped to still win with. Or just wanted to play as long as possible, who knows.

He needed to treat certain cards as dead cards, like both acolytes and shield block. That is what I am saying.

And I see warriors do that all the time, like especially vs standard control paladin where it is clear that I am going to deal with any alexstrasza play and heal up in the same turn. I've had very few games where card draw and armor matter (outside of shield slam of course). Just seems like many control warriors are clueless about how to play the match up.

I've seen like so many control warriors think that getting a ton of armor or cards is gonna actually help them win.

edit:
I mean, he is gonna draw those cards anyway. I'm not putting out a lot of pressure as paladin, and he has 50 hp. No need to rush basically. Really just rushing to death by fatigue tbh.

Tacitus_

Kolento Cabal Shadow Priest Doomsayer ios the next level play

He was at 10 cards so he had to burn one anyway. YMMV if that was the right card to burn though. Holy Nova would heal him for two or he could've used Holy Fire to kill the doomsayer but that would mean basically forfeiting the heal from it.

Leezard

He was at 10 cards so he had to burn one anyway. YMMV if that was the right card to burn though. Holy Nova would heal him for two or he could've used Holy Fire to kill the doomsayer but that would mean basically forfeiting the heal from it.

Yeah, that's true. He didn't want to steal an acolyte of pain or anything that gave cards in future turns anyway. Amaz and his co-caster went so crazy that game though.

johnsmith

remember me
Stealing wins in arena with bloodlust is so much fun. Feels sleazy, but that's what they get for getting greedy with face damage and not clearing my board. And why I always clear the board when playing vs a shaman.

Tacitus_

Oooh, I'm anticipating much
chansub-global-emoticon-18be1a297459453f-36x30.png

E: Almost denied but now it's time

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄████████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄██████████████████
▒▒▒▄████▀▀▀██▀██▌███▀▀▀████
▒▒▐▀████▌▀██▌▀▐█▌████▌█████▌
▒▒█▒▒▀██▀▀▐█▐█▌█▌▀▀██▌██████
▒▒█▒▒▒▒████████████████████▌
▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒█████░░░░░░░██████▀