• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Something ridiculous is happening.

Just chose Mage for Arena. Building my deck now.

I'm on Card 16, and it's offered me a fourth Legendary card pick.

This fucking Arena deck has 3x Polymorphs, 3x Sorcerer's Apprentice, Deathwing, Nozdormu, Baron Geddon and Cairne Bloodhoof in it. LOL

edit-

lol played my first match with this shit. I could practically hear my opponent freaking out on the other end as each legendary hit the field one turn after another. He conceded the instant Deathwing landed on turn 10 lol

edit2-

LOL

I was fucking ridiculously on-point to choose an Alarm O Bot for this deck too. Jesus Christ.

My opening hand had Geddon, Nozdormu, Deathwing and an Alarm O Bot in it. Turn 2 was a Coin + Bot, and from Turn 3 onward, I began this horrible rotating carousel of Legendaries hitting the board. Better still, with Deathwing being swapped in on turn 4, his battlecry didn't take effect. So I didn't lose my other legendaries, LOL.

Something ridiculous is happening.

Just chose Mage for Arena. Building my deck now.

I'm on Card 16, and it's offered me a fourth Legendary card pick.

This fucking Arena deck has 3x Polymorphs, 3x Sorcerer's Apprentice, Deathwing, Nozdormu, Baron Geddon and Cairne Bloodhoof in it. LOL

edit-

lol played my first match with this shit. I could practically hear my opponent freaking out on the other end as each legendary hit the field one turn after another. He conceded the instant Deathwing landed on turn 10 lol

edit2-

LOL

I was fucking ridiculously on-point to choose an Alarm O Bot for this deck too. Jesus Christ.

My opening hand had Geddon, Nozdormu, Deathwing and an Alarm O Bot in it. Turn 2 was a Coin + Bot, and from Turn 3 onward, I began this horrible rotating carousel of Legendaries hitting the board. Better still, with Deathwing being swapped in on turn 4, his battlecry didn't take effect. So I didn't lose my other legendaries, LOL.

Sounds like you hit the jackpot.

Haunted

Just lost to a surprise turn six 16-damage burst from empty board by a warrior.

3 cards, 6 mana, 16 damage

Anyone want to guess the cards involved? Nothing special, still surprised me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Raging Worgen, Charge, Inner Rage?

I've run into a couple of the OTK warriors lately. Of the two I managed to lose is because I assumed they were control warrior. The one I played today managed to get 2 acolytes on board and was drawing massive cards. I was playing my slow aggro rogue deck and figured what the hell, it is casual, just doing a quest... so I blade flurry and attack into them to draw 3 cards, then I dropped a coldlight oracle, causing him to burn like 4-5 cards total. But one of those cards I noticed was charge... and that was when I realized that I am probably screwed. I wasn't lucky enough to burn both charges and he ended up hitting me for like 22 damage off the worgen.

OTK warrior is like one of the last two or maybe 3 degenerate OTK viable decks in the game. The other being mage and shaman can get a god hand and do it on turn 3 if a mana addict isn't removed from turn 2.

edit:
Oh to be clear, burning 5 cards against a control warrior probably would have been a for sure win. It was only after coldlight oracle that I realized he was running this degenerate OTK deck.

Cipherr

Better still, with Deathwing being swapped in on turn 4, his battlecry didn't take effect. So I didn't lose my other legendaries, LOL.

JESUS! I would rage infinitely if that happened to me. Wow...

I saw a warrior do this to Hafu I think it was... yesterday. Completely empty board. Put down an enraging whirlwind unit, added attack and damage to it with 2 different class cards and hit twice. Game over. That was pretty sweet.

Cipherr

Alright my rank reads 20 now. I will get the pumpkin card now right? I don't have to 'break' 20 into 19 do I? It was fast but I still hate this wretched game mode.

Every time you take near the maximum amount of time your next turn needs shortened.

Had a few pathetically marathoned matches today where the only way I could stay sane was to close my window and browse the internet between turns.

Cipherr

20 more ranks and you get the only card back that matters :)

I'd rather play a Malygos/Spellpower oriented Warrior deck than to grind that out, lol.

I reckon I'll just snatch the special cards each month. I didnt realize all I had to do was play about 6 or so games to get it. Theres some sort of win streak thing that just jumps you a tier each win after a point. So it takes only a few wins. It sucks though because I'm just stomping newbies that play Silverback Patriarchs and hover over my Sylvannas for like 30 seconds reading the text. I can almost hear them saying "WTF is that"

Tacitus_

Krush hype
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

ViviOggi

Going x-0 in arena is fucking retarded, you just face Mages with Rag, Alex, shittons of Fireballs, Blizzards, Flamestrikes, Polys and Water Eles. What a waste of time.

ViviOggi

Anyone else notice the tendency of legendaries showing up in bursts btw? It's not only me getting multiple in subsequent drafts but also opponents playing one in almost every match. Of course it could just be variance but I've observed this so many times playing since the beta days that I'm somewhat convinced Blizz cranks up the legendary chances every once in a while.

Sucks when the best card you can pick on legendary day is a Millhouse.

Volimar

The matches are going so fast, I'm surprised they don't have pauses between matches to bullshit about the previous match to add time to the event.

ViviOggi

Well that's what happens when you play a greedy as fuck deck and don't draw your early game stuff.

Please, compared to Zoo's ridiculous consistency every single deck in the game is greedy. Your hands range from strong to game-ending and the hero power takes care of the rest.

Zemm

I don't think it mattered what the priest drew, the game was over when the opening hand was 2x flame imps, an undertaker and a leper gnome followed up by skittles.

Tacitus_

Please, compared to Zoo's ridiculous consistency every single deck in the game is greedy. Your hands range from strong to game-ending and the hero power takes care of the rest.

Not to the extent of these control decks. He got a horrible start not getting pyro + cheap spells or auchenai + circle, but hey, that happens when your early game relies on those cards and you don't get them.

I don't think it mattered what the priest drew, the game was over when the opening hand was 2x flame imps, an undertaker and a leper gnome followed up by skittles.

That too. Give any deck a godly start vs a horrid start and you get a stomping like that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
viagame.com

the laggiest piece of shit on the entire Internet or just the suckiest of all shits on the Internet? I wish everything besides Twitch would drop dead and put ignite on itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom