• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Yeah I know. Its a shame because I really do love the games mechanics. But I don't really enjoy any of its endgame at all. None of it. I've coasted this far putting up with it, but I don't think Ill really enjoy the game until they get some new modes in that I enjoy playing.

Arena/Constructed-Casual got old super fast and I don't care for ranked at all. I grinded through them to collect the cards I wanted, and now that I have, I just don't have the desire to play at all anymore.

You should at least try to get legend. The game is significantly different there.

Xanathus

Booted up Handlock today on ladder at rank 5 to get my Warlock quests done, meet 2 hunters in a row. Beat both anyway because they were awful (kill commanding my giant *after* he had traded in all their beasts on board...).

Xanathus

Naw, it's not that bad. You're as likely to get a sick undertaker start as they are. 1 flare isn't that bad when you're running 6 secrets. Zoo is probably a worse match up.

The issue with Flare is that unless you got the secret from a Mad Scientist, it's going to be a huge tempo loss and card disadvantage. The matchup isn't as bad as Handlock or Freeze Mage vs Hunter but it's still in that region. It's definitely doable though as long as you run Molten Giants, Ragnaros and Sludge Belchers.

johnsmith

remember me
undertaker has unfortunately ruined the game for me

God willing it and sludge belcher will be nerfed immediately after blizzcon. Also loatheb. And mad scientist.

I have 2 1/2 gold heroes. Can you guess my least favorite class?

bfoOJCs.png

100% win rate in ranked, both times vs priest. sick deck.

B0WD2mOCcAAYk0Y.jpg:large

kirblar

Was up too late and had a lot of gold doing nothing so I just bought a pack before bed:

AWWWWW YEAH

But wow, I've been super lucky with legendaries. Not necessarily in drop rate, but getting usable ones. I've unpacked:

Cenarius
Tirion Fordring
Edwin VanCleef
Golden Lorewalker Cho (made Ragnaros from it)
King Mukla
Captain Greenskin
Illidan Stormrage
The Black Knight
Nozdormu

Not too bad for 9 months of casual play.
Yeah, if you just put the bare minimum of time into the game and have patience, you really can unlock everything relevant.

Rosenskjold

Those games where priests regain board control by lucky draws from thought-steal are just some of the most infuriating games :/

edit: He drew stranglethorn tiger and houndmaster and turned the game around after that -__-

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mill Rogue is so fun, but so terrible in this environment.

Tacitus_

Aww yiss, pulled Sylvanas out of a pack and now I have enough dust to craft a legendary. I'm missing Bloodmage, Ragnaros, Ysera, Alexstraza from the important neutrals and most class legendaries (got Tirion and Cenarius). Any opinions on what to get?

Haly

Alex and Rag both open a lot of doors I think.

Haly

What's Alex used for other than control warrior and freeze mage? I'm currently leaning on probably Rag since he can fit into lots of decks.

Substitute Jaraxxus in Handlock.

Haly

Ewwwwwww, indeed.

But poverty is as poverty does.

ShinNL

Alexstrasza allows me to do Molten Giant combos and then still heal up afterwards. Or go for lethal when they decide to go face when you have 2 giants up. It's great.

Oh, and I don't have any Warlock decks :D

Though I think Ragnaros is probably the best pick, since it almost always fits in any mid-range and late-game decks and it will be a card that really makes you feel like: ohh, this is so much better than a War Golem!

SteveWD40

Ramp Druid is not cutting it v Zoo, I seem to be at 9 HP before I manage to get taunts out, it must require the perfect opening hand.

7th straight win vs hunters.... this is insane.

edit: winstreak over... also over 50% of my matches have been against hunters

a lot of the lists are only running 1 hunter's mark. sometimes 0. that combined with way worse draw potential and the fact that most handlocks are running jaraxxus the matchup has swung into handlock's favor. to lose they basically need a really good undertaker opening that just sits unanswered for several turns so they can kill command over your taunts before you have the mana to jaraxxus.

Tacitus_

And of course he had double savage roar in his hand

Yeah I think I will take a break for today. I don't think I will ever be able to achieve legendary at this rate, too much salt.

In constructed you can expect that. I got double savaged in arena a couple weeks back. I was too gobsmacked to get even salty about it.

Xanathus

a lot of the lists are only running 1 hunter's mark. sometimes 0. that combined with way worse draw potential and the fact that most handlocks are running jaraxxus the matchup has swung into handlock's favor. to lose they basically need a really good undertaker opening that just sits unanswered for several turns so they can kill command over your taunts before you have the mana to jaraxxus.

It helped that 2 of them made misplays, and it seems a fair number of them play snake trap so I just go face and heal back from 1 hp with Jaraxxus.

Shaman beating priests, handlocks beating hunters. We must be in opposite world and this is the
t9cwzNA.gif

I actually have a very fine win ratio against priests with my shaman. I believe shamans are favored against deathrattle priests but control priests on the other hand can go very south very fast. Just their heals and holy nova can put them out of range and an unanswered northshire cleric can be very difficult to deal with. They also have multiple board clears between auchenai and wild pyro.

Magnus

From the Fireside Chat blog update:

Greetings to all card-slingers around the world!

Some time has passed since we last sat down and pow-wowed, and in that time a lot has happened. Since launching Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™ back in March, we’ve:

Let players’ fingers do the dueling with the arrival of Hearthstone on iPad
Survived the creepy-crawly wings of the floating necropolis of Naxxramas
Added Windows 8 Touch compatibility
Raised a mug in celebration of our 20 million players across the world

What good is adding this compatibility if I can't download and access the game on Windows 8 on a Surface 2? Sometimes, all I have is my BF's Surface around and I'd love to play it on that. No dice.

Am I missing something? It's not on the Windows Store for that device, and I don't think there's any other way to get apps on a Surface.

Xyphie

Windows 8 touch support is for x86 Windows only and you download it just like you do on a desktop. Hearthstone doesn't support ARM (i.e. non-Pro Surfaces) at all.

Magnus

I'm sure you can figure them out.

Curve refers to that cards fit the mana costs of one or several upcoming turns, for example, to have Cost 4,5,6 cards in hand after your third turn, so ideally, you can play a card efficiently each turn, thus fitting the curve (the term comes from how the costs look on a 2D graph).

"Pushing for lethal" usually means ignoring board control and instead going for the kill. Like when between the cards you have on hand and/or the ones you have on the board can get your opponent low enough that he can't possibly deal with all the damage you have and you can kill him next turn.

Top-deck means exactly that. The card that comes from the top of your deck during your turn. To top deck someone means to draw the best possible answer at that moment.

Bots play at regular intervals (they wait a few, exact amount of seconds between each action) and you don't see them hovering over cards or hero power. That's how you can easily tell.

yes. it's important for a couple of reasons. higher cost usually means a better card and you almost always want to play your most valuable card. another reason is that if you're playing multiple cheap cards per turn you're going to run out of cards fast. it's the reason zoo really only works for warlock because they have on demand card draw.

yes. getting lethal simply means killing your opponent. the alternative is to fight for the board, which means you're killing their minions.

yep! it refers to the card you just drew being the one your really needed.

yeah. this is my first CCG so I was confused a lot for the first several months. things like tempo and card advantage are trickier to explain. literal volumes have been written on them.

--

bots play at a very steady pace and you never see the cursor moving around. and they're almost always playing shaman or zoo.

Thanks guys!

JesseZao

You know what would be awesome?

If during their Blizzcon panel, they dropped the banhammer with realtime cumulative animations for all of the bots dying.

There would be a cheer heard across the lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom