• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Savjz so happy
SLx19c3.gif

Kettch

There's nothing sadder than drafting 4 quality 1 drops in an arena deck (probably more than half the time I don't see 1), and then not getting them at the start for any of your games.

Haunted

Just catching up on the Seatstory cup archives, my god is there anything more pathetic than a sore loser?

Reynad with another salty interview, I can see why he's disliked by so many.

Savjz and Xixo are fucking champions, their series is probably the most entertaining I've seen in competitive Hearthstone so far.

Haunted

Fantastic finals, fantastic tournament. Seatstory Cups continue the SC2 tradition of outclassing vastly larger productions with great chemistry, atmosphere, casting talent and the luck of having incredible games all weekend long.

Super entertaining.

Special C

I love Arena, you luck into so many combos that you would never build a deck and plan for.

Just won a game because of an early Nerubian Egg/Crazed Alchemist combo

This game is in desperate need of different modes/customization. I'd like to see:

1) No legendaries option

2) MTG style draft mode

3) Two on Two mode

4) Bidding draft mode

5) Choose your starting hand option

And there are dozens of other conditions I would like to see. They're way too complacent with this game.

Dreavus

This game is in desperate need of different modes/customization. I'd like to see:

1) No legendaries option

2) MTG style draft mode

3) Two on Two mode

4) Bidding draft mode

5) Choose your starting hand option

And there are dozens of other conditions I would like to see. They're way too complacent with this game.

I would absolutely love more draft options but I feel like they have hamstrung themselves with the class system.

Maybe down the line they'll introduce "multiclassing" or something (to a percentage) and bring a new draft along with that.

johnsmith

remember me
Did anybody catch what those guys were saying in the background when amaz was on tide's stream? Something about grill streamers or something?

Cipherr

I have stopped playing completely. Far to stale. Game is barebones as hell and not moving remotely fast enough. Im not even sure 100 new cards will do it without some accompanying new mode to give the game some damn life.

caesar

Banned
I have stopped playing completely. Far to stale. Game is barebones as hell and not moving remotely fast enough. Im not even sure 100 new cards will do it without some accompanying new mode to give the game some damn life.

You don't even play ranked though, it's kinda no wonder.

Zemm

Fantastic finals, fantastic tournament. Seatstory Cups continue the SC2 tradition of outclassing vastly larger productions with great chemistry, atmosphere, casting talent and the luck of having incredible games all weekend long.

Super entertaining.

Yep, I love the more relaxed tournaments like this where everyone is in the house. I thought theude and mirrani hugging at the end of their match was great (both Czech, probably good friends), need more of that.

Was up too late and had a lot of gold doing nothing so I just bought a pack before bed:

AWWWWW YEAH

But wow, I've been super lucky with legendaries. Not necessarily in drop rate, but getting usable ones. I've unpacked:

Cenarius
Tirion Fordring
Edwin VanCleef
Golden Lorewalker Cho (made Ragnaros from it)
King Mukla
Captain Greenskin
Illidan Stormrage
The Black Knight
Nozdormu

Not too bad for 9 months of casual play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I once opened 9 legendaries in one pack-opening-session (80-90 packs). Two which were golden.

I didn't consider myself lucky until that day.

FeD.nL

Ugh, sometimes I hate this fucking game, i'm up against a priest, have 4 minions on the board (1 spectral knight, 1 yeti, 1 ancient of lore and a keeper, first three have 3/4 hp left) he has nothing on the board. He's on 16 hp i'm on 24, he plays auchenai + 2x zombie chow + coh and hero power... bye bye board and 12 dmg to the face -.-'

BigAT

Has Blizzard commented on the bot situation at all? It's gotten absolutely ridiculous. 3 of my last 4 opponents on ladder have been bots, it's absurd.

inky

Has Blizzard commented on the bot situation at all? It's gotten absolutely ridiculous. 3 of my last 4 opponents on ladder have been bots, it's absurd.

"We are aware of them" "We don't like bots" "We are doing something about it" "No need to report" "Stay tuned and buy packs pls"

Magnus

I need a fucking glossary for all these terms.

Does on Curve mean casting a "6" mana cost card on the sixth turn, etc?

Does pushing for lethal mean ....killing the enemy?

Does Topdeck-ing a card mean... drawing the card?

There are so many more.

--

Also, how do you tell if you're playing a bot? And how the fuck does a bot play this game of all games? Did they manage to create some type of trainer app that reads what cards are being put into play and reacts appropriately?

inky

I'm sure you can figure them out.

Curve refers to that cards fit the mana costs of one or several upcoming turns, for example, to have Cost 4,5,6 cards in hand after your third turn, so ideally, you can play a card efficiently each turn, thus fitting the curve (the term comes from how the costs look on a 2D graph).

"Pushing for lethal" usually means ignoring board control and instead going for the kill. Like when between the cards you have on hand and/or the ones you have on the board can get your opponent low enough that he can't possibly deal with all the damage you have and you can kill him next turn.

Top-deck means exactly that. The card that comes from the top of your deck during your turn. To top deck someone means to draw the best possible answer at that moment.

Bots play at regular intervals (they wait a few, exact amount of seconds between each action) and you don't see them hovering over cards or hero power. That's how you can easily tell.

Does on Curve mean casting a "6" mana cost card on the sixth turn, etc?

yes. it's important for a couple of reasons. higher cost usually means a better card and you almost always want to play your most valuable card. another reason is that if you're playing multiple cheap cards per turn you're going to run out of cards fast. it's the reason zoo really only works for warlock because they have on demand card draw.

Does pushing for lethal mean ....killing the enemy?

yes. getting lethal simply means killing your opponent. the alternative is to fight for the board, which means you're killing their minions.

Does Topdeck-ing a card mean... drawing the card?

yep! it refers to the card you just drew being the one your really needed.

There are so many more.

yeah. this is my first CCG so I was confused a lot for the first several months. things like tempo and card advantage are trickier to explain. literal volumes have been written on them.

--

Also, how do you tell if you're playing a bot? And how the fuck does a bot play this game of all games? Did they manage to create some type of trainer app that reads what cards are being put into play and reacts appropriately?

bots play at a very steady pace and you never see the cursor moving around. and they're almost always playing shaman or zoo.

Cipherr

You don't even play ranked though, it's kinda no wonder.

Yeah I know. Its a shame because I really do love the games mechanics. But I don't really enjoy any of its endgame at all. None of it. I've coasted this far putting up with it, but I don't think Ill really enjoy the game until they get some new modes in that I enjoy playing.

Arena/Constructed-Casual got old super fast and I don't care for ranked at all. I grinded through them to collect the cards I wanted, and now that I have, I just don't have the desire to play at all anymore.

inky

I need to learn how to read. Poison Seeds actually triggers deathrattles. I don't know why I didn't notice this before. -.-

zoukka

there being an endgame for this type of game seems weird to me. it's like chess not having an endgame.

The problem is the BO1 structure. Single matches feel too much like coin flips so you play to gain ranks/gold/cards and not for the joy of having a great match.

I need to learn how to read. Poison Seeds actually triggers deathrattles. I don't know why I didn't notice this before. -.-

Yeah, I tried to use that to my advantage, but it didn't really work. I thought that Abomination + Poison Seeds would be a board clear (like an expensive version of Wild Pyromancer + Equality), but the Abomination's deathrattle triggers before the 2/2s are summoned. I think that Poison Seeds could work in a control deck where you use it to downgrade late game minions to manageable 2/2s, like an AoE Polymorph.

inky

Yeah, I tried to use that to my advantage, but it didn't really work. I thought that Abomination + Poison Seeds would be a board clear (like an expensive version of Wild Pyromancer + Equality), but the Abomination's deathrattle triggers before the 2/2s are summoned. I think that Poison Seeds could work in a control deck where you use it to downgrade late game minions to manageable 2/2s, like an AoE Polymorph.

I haven't used it much so I thought it was a transformation effect. The enemy had a Highmane on board, so the 2 extra hyenas gave him lethal. FML

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Kettch

Really wasn't expecting 12 wins with this deck. Figured I'd get destroyed by the later control, but I guess the cult master, mana tide and bloodlust came through just enough.

Bottom 5 cards are: Oasis Snapjaw, Bloodlust, Argent Commander, Fire Elemental, and Sunwalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom