• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't always say 50% goes to the prize pool. I feel like that's unprofessional.

donate-50-percent0nu5p.png

I get why they're doing it.

I am with you there!

Rapstah

Holy shit, they just decided to take half in the middle of the tournament?

That's low.

I'm sure they always took half. All the graphics on their site say 50%. There might not even be a way to get to the donation page without clicking on several buttons labelled "50%".

On their site it's pretty clear you're donating to the people organising the tournament. I can't say I've been paying enough attention to the plugs on the stream to say if they're as clear when they tell you how to donate.

maybe majordomo could be a good card if it was like, same deathrattle but 7/5 stealth for 9

also there should be a card that says summon 3 boom bots then deal 6 damage split between all characters

Zemm

The prize pool started at 20k as well iirc, so they really haven't had many donations at all which surprises me for having so many viewers.

Welp. First game as druid since BRM released and my game went like this.

Turn 2 - 2x innervate + emperor
Turn 3 - Coin + Belcher
Turn 4 - Wild Growth x2 + hero
Turn 5 - Cenarius
Turn 6 - DotC + Savage Roar

Fucking insane.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Face hunters worst crime is that it prevents fun decks from being played

It cancels out what could be a fun meta by having to think "I wonder if some guy who doesnt want to try is going to face me in ladder and rush me down with his skill"

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just got around to messing around with the new cards. When I had glanced at Emp T before I read it as he reduced the cards in your hand by 1 mana while he was alive. I was really shocked to see my cards drop in mana and stay that way after he died. Seems very useful. Grim Patron is also a lot of fun in my warrior deck.

Tacitus_

Face hunters worst crime is that it prevents fun decks from being played

It cancels out what could be a fun meta by having to think "I wonder if some guy who doesnt want to try is going to face me in ladder and rush me down with his skill"

OTOH it also prevents the "lets hero power until turn 5" nonsense. It's a necessary evil.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Damn RDU in the SeatStory Cup III just missed lethal, he had FON + 2 savage Roar + Ancient of lore. It's nice seeing that even pros can miss lethal, damn it was such an easy lethal too :(

Tacitus_

I'm not sure I follow. Please explain.

It's the ultimate fast deck. You WILL need early game cards to deal with it. I remember watching one tournament of a priest vs priest when there was no face hunter. Neither played any cards until they were about to overdraw.

Ok, even if you were a total noob to the game, why on earth would you ever hammer of wrath yourself?

I once soulfired myself when attempting to cancel the cast on a touchscreen before they patched in touchscreen controls for windows.
Oops.

Danj

Ok, even if you were a total noob to the game, why on earth would you ever hammer of wrath yourself?

I've accidentally frostbolted myself before when trying to cancel casting. So it's likely something of that nature.

Though, there are some cards like Molten Giant (I think?) which become cheaper the more damage you take?

Rapstah

The art for Majordomo Executus is art for generic Flamewakers in the WoW TCG. The art for Executus' Hero Power in the adventure is the art for Majordomo Executus in the WoW TCG. The art for the generic 1/3 or 3/3 Flamewakers summoned by the Hero Power is originally for Gehennas in the WoW TCG, and it has a golden version, which no other uncollectible boss card in Naxx or BRM does. I don't know where the art for the mage card comes from, but it looks like the others in style so it's probably from the same set.

There are several other Flamewaker cards in the WoW TCG, but most of them have art in that weird style by the guy who also designs album covers for Disturbed, and would look completely out of place compared to almost every single other card in the game. Maybe they ran out of art and flipped some stuff around at the last minute? To see the golden art for the Hero Power Flamewakers I'm pretty sure you would have to steal them, kill them, and then resurrect them with a golden Kel'Thuzad. Any other ways?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The art for Majordomo Executus is art for generic Flamewakers in the WoW TCG. The art for Executus' Hero Power in the adventure is the art for Majordomo Executus in the WoW TCG. The art for the generic 1/3 or 3/3 Flamewakers summoned by the Hero Power is originally for Gehennas in the WoW TCG, and it has a golden version, which no other uncollectible boss card in Naxx or BRM does. I don't know where the art for the mage card comes from, but it looks like the others in style so it's probably from the same set.

There are several other Flamewaker cards in the WoW TCG, but most of them have art in that weird style by the guy who also designs album covers for Disturbed, and would look completely out of place compared to almost every single other card in the game. Maybe they ran out of art and flipped some stuff around at the last minute? To see the golden art for the Hero Power Flamewakers I'm pretty sure you would have to steal them, kill them, and then resurrect them with a golden Kel'Thuzad. Any other ways?

Golden gang up maybe? Not sure how that works.

Dahbomb

That game was ridiculous... crazy the Warrior won that match with 8 HP.

The Quickshot top dick didn't give enough damage off the top (though it did draw Hunter the card needed to survive a turn).

I have the sickest priest draft I ever drafted before, and maybe even the best draft I've ever had in terms of high rare picks.

I'll just highlight a few:
shrinkmeister
2x cabal shadow priest
Feugen (he is the 4/7)
lightbomb
k6YmEOT.gif

big game hunter
headshot.gif

2x dark cultist

And the rest mostly average picks but decent for arena. Already managed to decimate 2 mages and 1 priest. Against the first mage I cabal'd a berserker and then big game'd a war golem (he must've been salty after that, I would). Then against the second mage I shrink cabal'd a spectral knight.

I only started this run to do the 3 win quest. Will continue another time.

JesseZao

Been having crazy good luck with legendaries from packs recently. The last four have been ones I didn't have (Flame Leviathan, Blingtron, Troggdor, and just now Vol'Jin). Makes up for my terrible duplicate luck early on in gvg.

Only 3 gvg and 2 classic legs to go!

Rapstah

LOL this Feign Death Hunter went 0-3 (though 2 games were pretty close).

As someone who has played Feign Death Hunter for a while, I don't know how he ended up at that decklist. Looked pretty fun to surprise people with though. Sometimes I bet you get a better record just bringing random unpredictable stuff to tournaments than the actually calculated best lists. Like, stick a Leeroy in your Control Priest and you'll probably either lose way harder or win way harder.

Forsen and Strifecro have been at the poker table for 12 hours straight.

bunbun777

I really don't usually complain about arena opponents but by turn 9 this mage played dr boom, bgh'd my faceless, and had 4 fireballs throughout. And my deck is legit, oh well. I guess the pure randomness is ok but maybe there should be some safeguard to limit class cards to two of a kind? Idk.

I really don't usually complain about arena opponents but by turn 9 this mage played dr boom, bgh'd my faceless, and had 4 fireballs throughout. And my deck is legit, oh well. I guess the pure randomness is ok but maybe there should be some safeguard to limit class cards to two of a kind? Idk.

My favorite runs are when you get to play with more than 2 copies of the same card. It breaks the rules of constructed in a rather fun way imo.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Just thought-stole majordomo and played it later to clinch the game, is what would have happened if Rags actually had the 8 armor that I thought he was supposed to have :mad:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just thought-stole majordomo and played it later to clinch the game, is what would have happened if Rags actually had the 8 armor that I thought he was supposed to have :mad:

New anti-priest meta, put majordomo in your deck to counter thoughtsteals and win the game.

Magnus

Really luckin' out these days with packs. I'm averaging a legendary every 12-15 packs, and got two goldens this month!

Thankfully, I already had Thalnos standard, so I dusted this gem. 8000+ dust now. 9600 if I dust my golden Cho. I think it's time for me to indulge in a couple of silly crafts that I want for fun (Velen, Shadowform, etc.). I DUNNO.

eO7W3bQ.png

Magnus

It's the ultimate fast deck. You WILL need early game cards to deal with it. I remember watching one tournament of a priest vs priest when there was no face hunter. Neither played any cards until they were about to overdraw.

Ah, gotcha, yes. That said, all my slower/control games (where I win or lose) have been endlessly more enjoyable than games with aggro opponents.
[/QUOTE]

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Finally moving on up. About to hit rank 14, and still climbing. Maybe this month will be the month I crack the top 10 rank wise. I hit a roadblock at 12 last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom