• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I beat a Face Hunter!

So happy.

Since I don't have any of the solo expansions, I'm missing Loatheb, which ruins them.

Yup, Knife juggler is super good against them since nearly everything is some 1hp trash. And most of them do not move from the strategy of face hitting to actually remove it.

Sande

So a mage just used 2 echo of medivh's on 2 sorcerer's apprentices. I did everything I could to kill all the apprentices but he still ended up with 3 of them and archmage Antonidas. That's infinite 1 mana fireballs. I'm not even mad, that's actually pretty cool. I still think Antonidas shouldn't give fireballs out of fireballs.

clav

Another pack with 4 Commons and 1 Rare.

This game.

Yup, Knife juggler is super good against them since nearly everything is some 1hp trash. And most of them do not move from the strategy of face hitting to actually remove it.

Some players do actually remove it with a weapon, so I played it behind a taunt.

Luckily, I had a Aldor Peacekeeper to slow down an attack. That's what made the difference in that match.

Also, I held off Muster for Battle until the end because Unleash the Hounds can just make the situation one sided.

7 wins in arena.. Onwards and upwards. I've cleaned up my play quite a bit but I feel the last two opponents I played against, there wasn't anything I could do to win

So I got the "spectate someone win" match today, got the pack. Opened it up and see that there's a legendary. I get hyped, only to get LOOOORE WALKER CHO!

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
So I got the "spectate someone win" match today, got the pack. Opened it up and see that there's a legendary. I get hyped, only to get LOOOORE WALKER CHO!
Cho fukken rules. Check out "kleptomaniac" on reddit or hearthpwn or whatever for a good up to date gimmick deck, I've been Cho'ing since the mad scientist decks of yesteryear, rarely have more fun.

Dreavus

I hate drafting a bad deck in arena. Makes me want to just retire after the first loss that I knew was coming. Gold be damned.

I hate drafting a bad deck in arena. Makes me want to just retire after the first loss that I knew was coming. Gold be damned.

I do this every time.

Not sure what it is about "draft" in this game, but i just can't get into it like limited in magic.

It was my bread and butter back in MTG, but with this game...man, i just don't know.

I do this every time.

Not sure what it is about "draft" in this game, but i just can't get into it like limited in magic.

It was my bread and butter back in MTG, but with this game...man, i just don't know.

Probably because your draft in magic directly influences the shape of your opponent's deck in Magic.

I find it hard to fathom how some arena players can average 7 wins.

ViviOggi

It's a CCG so

From doing your dailies and straight buying packs you get roughly 3 legendaries every two months, what do you expect when people have a head start of more than a year

And you can always get gud at arena

clav

It's a CCG so

From doing your dailies and straight buying packs you get roughly 3 legendaries every two months, what do you expect when people have a head start of more than a year

And you can always get gud at arena

I started in February, and it's almost two months. No legendaries.

I hope that's true.

Rapstah

6cb6e7c1.png

Pooya

Majordomo can screw you bad. Play something that makes the opponent drop a minion, hand or deck, suddenly dropping to 8 health done, just won a game like that with Deathlord. Even with iceblock combo isn't worth the risk. bad card. If the cost wasn't so high it could work well against Sylvanas but she's probably played way earlier that you possibly can.

ViviOggi

It's 1% per card, i.e. 5% per pack (didn't we just talk about this last page)

Also 3 legs/2 months was probably a bit generous, that would require relatively heavy play for the 10g/3 wins reward. Just with the dailies it should be a little over 1 leg per month on average.

Pooya

1428750315-1.jpg

didn't see that coming honestly, still got lucky.

-----

I pulled like 5 legendary cards and I've been playing for like 6 months. crafted 2.

Sadsic

i just started playing this game a few weeks ago, but i got a quest today to watch one of my friends play a game. problem is, none of my friends play this game! can i get someone's battle.net info so i can get the free card pack? :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you beat face hunter as oil rogue? I'm down to 10 health within 4-5 turns because of daggers.

ViviOggi

How do you beat face hunter as oil rogue? I'm down to 10 health within 4-5 turns because of daggers.
Don't hero power chargers, mulligan for Fan/Flurry, run Healbot, pray

It's a bad matchup no matter what you do, in the past weeks I've seen multiple streamers rageswap to a different deck as they kept running into facelords

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't hero power chargers, mulligan for Fan/Flurry, run Healbot, pray

It's a bad matchup no matter what you do, in the past weeks I've seen multiple streamers rageswap to a different deck as they kept running into facelords

Thanks man. I removed two slightly bad cards for x2 antique bots!

So no mulligan for SI:7's? Gotcha! Thanks.

Rapstah

RDU is a great caster. I laughed at Kripp immediately mentioning ek0p and "sometimes Reynad" as HS streamers people don't like.

gutshot

i just started playing this game a few weeks ago, but i got a quest today to watch one of my friends play a game. problem is, none of my friends play this game! can i get someone's battle.net info so i can get the free card pack? :)

Just post your battle.net ID in here and people will add you.

Switched away from my druid deck to a tempo mage and having a lot more success. They just have a lot more board control/efficiency/counters than a druid, it feels like. I enjoy feeling like I'm not just trying to trade minions and (barely) hang on until round 7/8/9/10 to get out the Druid's bigger cards.

Jrmint

Switched away from my druid deck to a tempo mage and having a lot more success. They just have a lot more board control/efficiency/counters than a druid, it feels like. I enjoy feeling like I'm not just trying to trade minions and (barely) hang on until round 7/8/9/10 to get out the Druid's bigger cards.
Can you share your tempo Mage? I've been looking for a good one.

Haha Xixo! That's what you get for being a fuck.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's a better defense against Face Huntar sludge belcher or healbot?

Both are 5 mama, and I gotta retool my mage deck cause to much face.

Special C

What's a better defense against Face Huntar sludge belcher or healbot?

Both are 5 mama, and I gotta retool my mage deck cause to much face.

Prob belcher. It kills and lives vs Wolfrider and Arcane Golem. Even if they kill command it it leaves behind a 1/2 taunt and saves you 5 face damage.

Can you share your tempo Mage? I've been looking for a good one.

Haha Xixo! That's what you get for being a fuck.

I net-decked it. It's this one:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/207568-bloodlips-top-1-eu-tempo-mage

It seems pretty expensive, for what it's worth, but I've been playing a while and had all of those Legendaries.

edit:

WTF - portaled in a Fel Reaver. Why in the world would anyone play this? Discard the top 3 cards of your deck each time your opponent plays a card? Nice way to mill yourself.

ViviOggi

You can't easily compare the two. Generally Belcher is more universal while Healbot only really shines against hyper aggro (unless you're Handlock and your gameplan involves HP juggling). Most facelords run double Owl so if you don't run high priority silence targets like Armorsmith Healbots should do more in that particular matchup, however against other decks it'll make you think "man I wish this was a Belcher". Healbot also requires you to clean up the board beforehand when played on curve so you don't just end up taking the healed damage again whereas Belcher is a fire and forget type of deal. Sometimes they're stoopid and silence a Scientist or just don't draw the Owl. If you really can't make space for both you should just try it for yourself.

Slashlen

WTF - portaled in a Fel Reaver. Why in the world would anyone play this? Discard the top 3 cards of your deck each time your opponent plays a card? Nice way to mill yourself.

The idea is to use it in an aggro deck that kills your opponent before you fatigue. Basically, the discard doesn't matter if your deck loses in a drawn out game anyway. But with the good Dr Balance being so popular, everyone's running BGH or something to counter a big card, so it's not really used in constructed.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You can't easily compare the two. Generally Belcher is more universal while Healbot only really shines against hyper aggro (unless you're Handlock and your gameplan involves HP juggling). Most facelords run double Owl so if you don't run high priority silence targets like Armorsmith Healbots should do more in that particular matchup, however against other decks it'll make you think "man I wish this was a Belcher". Healbot also requires you to clean up the board beforehand when played on curve so you don't just end up taking the healed damage again whereas Belcher is a fire and forget type of deal. Sometimes they're stoopid and silence a Scientist or just don't draw the Owl. If you really can't make space for both you should just try it for yourself.

Wouldn't be so bad, but face hunter is like auto loss. :(

Special C

This is a good point, I didn't consider owl when comparing Belcher to Healbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom