• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

I net-decked it. It's this one:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/207568-bloodlips-top-1-eu-tempo-mage

It seems pretty expensive, for what it's worth, but I've been playing a while and had all of those Legendaries.

edit:

WTF - portaled in a Fel Reaver. Why in the world would anyone play this? Discard the top 3 cards of your deck each time your opponent plays a card? Nice way to mill yourself.

Like Trump said during one of his arena runs - you discard the opponents face with it before that happens.

E: DOUBLE JARAXXUS

It's so beautiful ;_;

Shai-Tan

Banned
What's a better defense against Face Huntar sludge belcher or healbot?

Both are 5 mama, and I gotta retool my mage deck cause to much face.

depends on what class/archetype. slow control decks might have both, faster but still slow may have two of one and one of the other. mid range decks may have one or other or argus, fast decks might have annoy-o-tron and neither. another consideration is to replace one 4 drop like shredder with a kezan mystic. if you steal an explosive trap and they don't have an immediate way to proc it with weapon then they lose several turns

I'm not sure if I was just lucky or what, but I gave Legendary Baron Geddon an attempt for the first time just now and cleared it. Making my own deck and winning on my very first attempt ever is a pretty nice feeling considering I've heard Legendary Baron Geddon is supposed to be relatively tough.

4cyPr95.jpg

Basic idea is to use Life Tap + Spare Parts to fill in your missing mana each turn - especially, Life Tap is amazing because it costs 2 mana plus you can spend the mana from whatever card you draw into. Power Overwhelming/Owls/Spellbreaker to silence or remove your own minions with Living Bomb.

I will say, I got a turn one Clockwork which was a huge benefit since it saved me 10 damage from the start. Anima, Rag, and Dr. Boom dealt most of the face damage.

Anyone down to let me spectate? Just got that daily quest and I have very few friends who play on a regular basis.

Sain #1481 is my Battle Tag, fyi.

Danj

The vast majority of packs will give you 1 rare 4 commons -- so that's very normal

I know. I was making a joke based on the line Crazed Alchemist says when it's played. And to be fair it is less crap than some of the packs I have had.

Midrange Hunter seems really good right now. I think it is in part because people expect I am playing Face Hunter (and I have some similar cards of course - Mad Scientist, Knife Juggler, Unleashed, etc.) and play against my deck improperly.

I guess they figure it out once Emporer T hits the board though...

Cat Party

I'm determined to figure out a deck on my own, but what is the best class for taking out Heroic Geddon? I don't have any of the good legendaries, so I can't cheat with Alex.

I'm determined to figure out a deck on my own, but what is the best class for taking out Heroic Geddon? I don't have any of the good legendaries, so I can't cheat with Alex.

Warlock helps you have enough cards in-hand to always spend all your mana. Warrior is nice thanks to all the armor gain.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Midrange Hunter seems really good right now. I think it is in part because people expect I am playing Face Hunter (and I have some similar cards of course - Mad Scientist, Knife Juggler, Unleashed, etc.) and play against my deck improperly.

The problem is if you don't try and play towards people being Face Hunter from the get go, and they end up being face hunter means you'll loose.

It also weakens a lot of decks as you might tweak towards so many face hunters out there which can hurt you when you face other classes.

Rapstah

All this Crazed Alchemist talk made me think of how good that effect would be on weapons.

4881c80ewpu1t.png

Seems really hard to use, and also really hard to design without accidentally enabling a super combo somehow with Prep and Oil.

Dahbomb

Kripparian laying out the impossible odds always cracks me up.

"Yeah if that Sky Golem spawns a Twlight Drake and the Shredder spawns a Vitality Totem then if the Goblin Blastmage hits the Drake and the other Goblin Blastmage it can be a board wipe into a comeback!"

KePoW

Banned
Kripparian laying out the impossible odds always cracks me up.

"Yeah if that Sky Golem spawns a Twlight Drake and the Shredder spawns a Vitality Totem then if the Goblin Blastmage hits the Drake and the other Goblin Blastmage it can be a board wipe into a comeback!"

lol yeah I find him very entertaining

The problem is if you don't try and play towards people being Face Hunter from the get go, and they end up being face hunter means you'll loose.

It also weakens a lot of decks as you might tweak towards so many face hunters out there which can hurt you when you face other classes.

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of when Zoo and Habdlock were both common. You had to play as if you were facing Zoo with your mulligan and first turn or two. The difference for me is that midrange Hunter can look similar to Face Hunter for more than just turn 1/2 so it is even harder to discern.

With Handlock, you knew it was Handlock as soon as they tapped on turn 2.

Dahbomb

I bet Kripp loves all these pros getting screwed over by RNG just like he has in the past....

All I can think of is the Kripp salt image when I hear him commentate the matches.

KePoW

Banned
I bet Kripp loves all these pros getting screwed over by RNG just like he has in the past....

All I can think of is the Kripp salt image when I hear him commentate the matches.

hahaha

I really wish they just kept it as Kripp & Artosis. I hate having a third guy talk over them

Same with real sports, I hate broadcasts with 3 analysts

Rapstah

Most of the people they've had on the couch have been okay casters, honestly. I agree that two is better than three in general.

I found some unused TCG art and went on a fake card spree today. Help.

44bc5861dtufq.png

All classes need exclusive murloc synergy!!!

5f48cc0dmwuj3.png

Rapstah

7e9765265wu00.png

I don't even know why there's WoW TCG art for a ghost cow. This is a cow in the way Spectral Knight is a knight and not in the way Spectral Spider isn't a spider.

Hmm I was just about to delete my midrange hunter deck too since midrange hunter get eaten alive by face hunter .. I'll try it on ladder later on tonight

Levi

Banned
I crafted Van Cleef, and I want to try out Oil Rogue, but it's an auto-lose against face hunter and 3 out of 4 games I've played today were against face hunters.

babyrage I just want play games that get to turn 8 babyrage

KePoW

Banned
I found some unused TCG art and went on a fake card spree today. Help.

lol I think ur the master of creating fake cards on GAF, they're awesome

not necessarily from a realism factor, but yours look the most professional & entertaining

keep em up!

I crafted Van Cleef, and I want to try out Oil Rogue, but it's an auto-lose against face hunter and 3 out of 4 games I've played today were against face hunters.

babyrage I just want play games that get to turn 8 babyrage

Is Van Cleef even necessary? I feel like better there are better and cheaper alternatives

Dahbomb

does anyone know who wins Face Hunter vs Mech Mage?

like 50/50?
Yea it pretty much comes down to opening draws. Mech Mage with a couple of Annoyotrons at the start is rough for Face Hunters and combo into Goblin Blastmage is devastating. On the flipside,, Mad Scientist into Exploding Trap and Knife Juggler into UTH can turn the tides of the battle.

Rapstah

does anyone know who wins Face Hunter vs Mech Mage?

like 50/50?

It should even out at around 50%. Nothing beats the dream opening with two Mechwarpers, and Mech Mage probably still wins with only one Mechwarper and a bunch of mechs to capitalise.

KePoW

Banned
Yea it pretty much comes down to opening draws. Mech Mage with a couple of Annoyotrons at the start is rough for Face Hunters and combo into Goblin Blastmage is devastating. On the flipside,, Mad Scientist into Exploding Trap and Knife Juggler into UTH can turn the tides of the battle.

It should even out at around 50%. Nothing beats the dream opening with two Mechwarpers, and Mech Mage probably still wins with only one Mechwarper and a bunch of mechs to capitalise.

ok thx, I've never played as a Mech Mage before, but sounds like something I would like a lot

I think last time I looked at the deck cost for mech mage I could not afford it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom