• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Geddons mechanic is by far the most outrageous bs I have ever seen. Man this stuff feels so lazy. This sort of thing is why these pve modules have zero replay value. Instead of building something interesting, its just "come up with a crazy unfair idea and pose it as a puzzle".

Visceir

Was dumb and spent gold on arena, now I don't have enough for the new wing. Atleast I planned ahead enough to have just about enough if I get the 100 gold from wins for today.

Just need 30 wins~

Ikkarus

I'm sorely tempted to try out a Druid of the Fang deck, I feel jaded playing with the same few decks over and over again.

Granted I know BGH is rampant but if they use it on a Fang then it clears the way for Boom and Rag to run riot.

I'm sorely tempted to try out a Druid of the Fang deck, I feel jaded playing with the same few decks over and over again.

Granted I know BGH is rampant but if they use it on a Fang then it clears the way for Boom and Rag to run riot.

I ran into this deck tonight with my paladin. I had BGH in my deck and was able to end the game quickly after. you are right though it is more targets if you can extend the game.

Pooya

Are they gonna stick with 9 custom decks forever? it's getting really annoying with these many different cards and synergies, just add another deck page already, how hard is that.

ViviOggi

Want to try out hyper gimmick Warrior for a bit

Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard Midrange Huntard

What is this bullshit I've seen this fucking deck like three times this month but today it has suddenly completely replaced Face Huntard

ViviOggi

Can't decide which deck is more autopilot right now, Midrange Hunter or Druid - in terms of holding a decent winrate vs good players, so no it's not Face Hunter

IceMarker

Trying really hard to make Majordomo Executus work. So far only Warrior and Mage seem to decently work because of cards that give armor and Ice Block for the immunity.

Rapstah

Trying really hard to make Majordomo Executus work. So far only Warrior and Mage seem to decently work because of cards that give armor and Ice Block for the immunity.

Weird combo idea: Executus Hunter. Play Executus, have him survive one turn, play Feign Death, use hero ability, play Feign Death, use hero ability, then kill Executus if possible and use the hero ability again.

I'm assuming Ragnaros works like Jaraxxus in that your hero ability refreshes so you can use it again?

Rapstah

I can confirm that Executus and Feign Death allows you to turn into Ragnaros three times on the same turn. It's a terrible combo but it's also hilarious. You get to use your hero power thrice too.

Rapstah

Was he eliminated yesterday?

Yes. Seems like the people who lost have gone home, too. No salt on stream!

Edit: Here's my Ragnaros * 3 deck:

ragnarosx3h0u9o.png

Control the board and get at least one cloak field spare part. Use Thaurissan to make at least one of the Feign Deaths, the cloak field, or Executus cheaper.

Play Doomsayers late to remove your opponent's board on turn 8 or 9.

On turn 9 or 10 depending on how lucky you were with Thaurissan, play Executus and a cloak field on him. Somehow don't die despite doing nothing on turn 10. On the following turn, play Feign Death and Ragnaros' Hero Ability until you lose or win. Bonus points if you have lethal by just attacking your opponent with Executus and instead choose to kill Executus on a minion so you can have another roll on the hero power.

The deck should probably also run Ragnaros. I don't have Ragnaros.

IceMarker

The deck should probably also run Ragnaros. I don't have Ragnaros.
I love gimmick decks, I don't play Hunter but if I did and had more cards for him I'd totally try that out.

I've finally made a deck work out a little bit for Mage, here it is. It's pure control, keep that board clean for Ragnaros to hit face like he was born to do! (Or in most of my games beat them with standard Freeze Mage tactics before the Majordomo even gets into your hand even 25 cards into your deck.)

F3sDGeC.png

I wish the card was more viable, but hey if you're playing Executus you're playing for FUN!
I would include Ragnaros in my deck as well, if I had him.

Rapstah

The worst part of playing a gimmick deck is how nine wins out of ten come from the parts of your deck that aren't the defining gimmick combo.

Edit: Reynad is still in the Seatstory house, playing CS: GO on a computer like yesterday. I think that's salt?

Aylinato

The worst part of playing a gimmick deck is how nine wins out of ten come from the parts of your deck that aren't the defining gimmick combo.

Edit: Reynad is still in the Seatstory house, playing CS: GO on a computer like yesterday. I think that's salt?

He probably has set himself up that his plane/trip left after he thought he would "win" more

Hektor

Rocked trough the new bosses on normal difficulty with Face Hunter in 10 Minutes, lol.

Trying really hard to make Majordomo Executus work. So
far only Warrior and Mage seem to decently work because of cards that give armor and Ice Block for the immunity.

Doesnt Executus/Ragnaros delete your armor?

IceMarker

Priests absolutely wreck my Executus deck, they not only ruin it, but they also ruin any fun I can have with it. Fuck 'em.

Doesnt Executus/Ragnaros delete your armor?
Try and save armoring cards for after you transform. Works amazing on Warrior especially.

Boogiepop

So, I just got a "spectate a friend's match" quest. Anyone mind helping me out with that?

Edit: And of course I have to head out now. Still, I'll be wanting to do this later in the day if anyone's available, and I'm certainly willing to return the favor!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, I just beat wing 2 heroic... why didn't Ragnaros use his hero power even ONCE?

Dragner

Heroics this time are soo easy to do, I had a harder time with the maexxna heroic on naxx than here with all together.

Priest destroyed most of this heroic challenges.

Heroics this time are soo easy to do, I had a harder time with the maexxna heroic on naxx than here with all together.

Priest destroyed most of this heroic challenges.

They do seem easier this time around. I suppose we'll eventually get some Sapphiron levels of bull shit eventually, but I'm not looking forward to it. But the reason Priest is so good is because the bosses lack silences, so you can actually abuse the Divine Spirit + Inner Fire combo.

Parshias7

Anyone else remember their first legendary cards?

I don't quite remember if this was my very first legendary, but one of my first ones was a golden Nat Pagle. Dusted him.

The first legendary I ever played was Lorewalker Cho in Arena. I don't know why I thought drafting him was a good idea, I was new. He screwed me pretty bad.

Congrats! At least you got a really good legendary for your first one, and not Nat Pagle or something.

My first legendary was Harrison Jones, the first day I started playing. I didn't realize how good he was at the time, or how lucky I was to pull a legendary from a free pack.

Anyone else remember their first legendary cards?

184px-Bloodmage_Thalnos(525)_Gold.png

just the regular version.

Hogger was my first legendary so.etime in late 2013. I ran him in all my decks at that time. Still have him. Kind of a fun first legendary. Not great, but not total trash tier.

ZZMitch

Nozdormu and Millhouse were my first Legendaries. I love them, made my Randuin Deck playable even early on in my hearthstone career.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Onyxia for me. Ran in every deck (along with goldshire footman).

Do Better

Cairne was my first, back when he was a big deal.

I hadn't opened up a legendary in over half a year until yesterday when the Hearthstone gods mocked me with Gazlowe.

Is Leeroy dustable now?

Yoshichan

Wait, I just beat wing 2 heroic... why didn't Ragnaros use his hero power even ONCE?
Anyone? Like, he didn't hero power once. Like, 7 turns (and then I beat him).

Because the AI is dumb as paint. It doesn't have to be brilliant but it's pretty disappointing to see the Heroic Emperor do shit like attacking with his wife and then playing Dark Iron Dwarf after. Then fact that he uses the dwarves incorrectly 100% of the time is a pretty shitty oversight by the devs.

Cairne was my first, back when he was a big deal.

I hadn't opened up a legendary in over half a year until yesterday when the Hearthstone gods mocked me with Gazlowe.

Is Leeroy dustable now?
I wouldn't. You can still use him in Face Hunter, can still pull off a gimmicky combo with Reincarnate Shaman that can be fun, and maybe with Emperor you could have a miracle rogue deck happen again.

Yoshichan

So Naxx AI was better?

Dahbomb

Top dick Dr Balanced saving the fucking day along with huge swing in RNG in that game.

The game we play.

Oh of course Pit Lord comes out of Sky Golem plus top dick Blastmage into top dick Antonidas.

gutshot

With two of the qualified players, Ostkaka and Ignite, winning their respective groups, in addition to Hoej winning the House Cup, are we at the point now where the average Hearthstone player is just as good if not better than these established pros?

Type2

Okay I really need to start making my arena runs work for me off more than just 5 wins. In fact I've honestly starting going in a few three win runs and even had a 0 win one last week from picking hunter lol. I really do want to blame rng in quite a few losses but I know there is something I can do to improve. The two most mentioned arena streamers are Kripp and guardsman bob when it comes to arena, right? Do I just watch some vods? Is really like to start earning good quantities of dust so I can fill my collections holes. I'm done buying packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom