• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

ok thx, I've never played as a Mech Mage before, but sounds like something I would like a lot

I think last time I looked at the deck cost for mech mage I could not afford it
The main expensive components of Mech Mage are Antonidas and Dr Balanced. The rest are mostly cheap Mech minions and the usual Mage basic spell cards. You can even play the deck without Dr Balanced but come on son....

It's Dr Balanced aka Dr GG aka Dr Lucky 7.

KePoW

Banned
The main expensive components of Mech Mage are Antonidas and Dr Balanced. The rest are mostly cheap Mech minions and the usual Mage basic spell cards. You can even play the deck without Dr Balanced but come on son....

ok thx dah, I have Dr. Boom but not Antonidas

Special C

I don't play Antonidas. I use Leeroy for extra reach.

Levi

Banned
So remember how I just crafted Van Cleef? Well, I opened ONE pack today with my daily win gold, and guess what? Van Cleef.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The day after I crafted Tirion he showed up in a pack. I can't even.

I just cannot even.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So remember how I just crafted Van Cleef? Well, I opened ONE pack today with my daily win gold, and guess what? Van Cleef.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The day after I crafted Tirion he showed up in a pack. I can't even.

I just cannot even.

That really sucks man, i still remember the time i got a dupe nozdormu a day after getting one in a pack. I bet a blizzard employee is fucking with your account, that is the only explanation.

I just cannot even.

It is still a 400 dust pack. I wish I had problems opening duplicate legendary cards.

Ashodin

THIS
iZIE61Ul.png

IS
MxhoeYrl.png

ARENA
qefvJnUl.png

Rapstah

They're trying to do a mexican stick fight but the sad music playing on top makes it look like a sad documentary about a bunch of HS streamers who went on to die alone ten years later.

I don't think that's the ambience they were going for.

KePoW

Banned

oh another question dah

I hear a lot of people talk about "The Dream" opening hand for mech mage. besides two mechwarpers, what are the 3rd and 4th cards to look for??

Levi

Banned
It is still a 400 dust pack. I wish I had problems opening duplicate legendary cards.

I spent 1600 dust two days ago, and this is literally the first pack I've opened since then. I haven't even used the Van Cleef I crafted yet. It's obviously better than a 40 dust pack, but the opportunity cost (could have had two legendaries instead of one legendary and 400 dust) stings.

I spent 1600 dust two days ago, and this is literally the first pack I've opened since then. I haven't even used the Van Cleef I crafted yet. It's obviously better than a 40 dust pack, but the opportunity cost (could have had two legendaries instead of one legendary and 400 dust) stings.

It doesn't actually matter if it was your next pack or 100 packs later though. It is more just in your head than actually a bad thing.

turn 3: coin out teacher
turn 4: innervate, wrath on deathlord, mark of the wild on a token, power of the wild board, attack deathlord with teacher

he executes teacher, hits 4/4 token with axe and acolyte, runs his 2/1 deathlord into a token

deathlord drops tarzan gg

Minsc

Gold Member
It's always amusing playing Zoolock when you beat your opponent before they even play a single card (game made it to turn 4 vs a Priest, they didn't play anything the entire game, then quit at 12 health on turn 4, with like 20+ damage on the board on my side).

KePoW

Banned
It's always amusing playing Zoolock when you beat your opponent before they even play a single card (game made it to turn 4 vs a Priest, they didn't play anything the entire game, then quit at 12 health on turn 4, with like 20+ damage on the board on my side).

What did they do, just heal themselves??

Minsc

Gold Member
What did they do, just heal themselves??

Basically, yeah... put a shield on one of my flame imps to cycle a card, and that was their entire game. Rough facing a double flame imp turn 1 I guess if you have no answer, followed by the wolf turn 2, making them 4/2s and hitting for 8, turn 3 was KJ and the 1/3 taunt demon, and they quit before letting me finish them off on my turn 4. Probably had a Soulpriest with no circle or vice-versa.

squidyj

I am not happy

i have a board of 3 tokens and a farseer as oil rogue. I have reduced cost flurry, a prep, and a tinker's in hand. I play out an azure drake to draw. I draw deadly.

so I weapon up deadly prep oil. oil goes on my fucking drake. fine, whatever, he has boom I hit him with all my dudes, flurry and the boom bots go in on my face with 5 dudes up. enough damage to give him lethal next turn.

I had set him to 1 hp with the flurry. ;_;

Edit: now 6 tokens on board and a teacher and sylvanas takes the fucking teacher.

squidyj

ugh my rng is fucking awful tonight, makes me want to cry :(.

3 big dudes including a kt and one tiny little taunt totem. my sylvanas steals the taunt totem.
draw first 2/3 of my deck and not see either combo piece. wild growths show up to clog my hand at turn 5-6-7

game doesn't want me to win :(

rickyson1

very first druid I play since wing 2 came out coined out a druid of the flame,then another one next turn,then innervate and another two

was kinda crazy

Has any blizz dev commented on how draft works in Arena? Are the 30 rounds preset once you choose your hero or is it adaptive based on your picks in the subsequent round? It'd be interesting to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom