• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Also you kind of need something to make a second copy not useless.

Wouldn't fit in the card text. Maybe it could summon any totem (in Elekk form) instead of just the four bad Hero Power totems. Shaman needs more RNG anyhow.

Also, Blizzard would totally make the first legendary spell in the game something arguably terrible and worse than most current spells. I think that's realistic.

Why the fuck do you get the guy who can't talk due to sore throat be a commentator.

Doesn't he always sound like this?

Does Lifecoach try to look like a Deus Ex character or does he pull it off by accident?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wouldn't fit in the card text. Maybe it could summon any totem (in Elekk form) instead of just the four bad Hero Power totems. Shaman needs more RNG anyhow.

You can always just have the second form do something else, like make the totems have more health or something.

Even then, as I was saying, spending 2 mana and a card just to guarantee beast synergy just seems really bad anyway.

Rapstah

You can always just have the second form do something else, like make the totems have more health or something.

Even then, as I was saying, spending 2 mana and a card just to guarantee beast synergy just seems really bad anyway.

Maybe you put the Beast synergy into the card itself instead:

7a058933.png

I don't necessarily make my fake cards to be realistic or be cards people would actually run, but I enjoy the discussions.

what I love about the top hearthstone commentators is that they're very self-aware about how ridiculous the game is at the competitive level

Majine

Banned
One thing I miss reflected in Hearthstone is the shapeshifting nature of druids. Shift to a moonkin, maybe get a different hero power for a specific situation. There are lots of cool stuff they can do there.

Zemm

what I love about the top hearthstone commentators is that they're very self-aware about how ridiculous the game is at the competitive level

Indeed. It's so much better this way, calling out the crazy RNG and shit and laughing at it is soo much better and more fun.

Levi

Banned
One thing I miss reflected in Hearthstone is the shapeshifting nature of druids. Shift to a moonkin, maybe get a different hero power for a specific situation. There are lots of cool stuff they can do there.

Druid gets all the "choose one" cards, which is nice. Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War, Druid of the Flame, Keeper of the Grove, Grove Tender, Mechbear Cub, Wrath, Cenarius, Dark Wispers, the list goes on. No other class gets that mechanic.

Also, "cool stuff" and Druid apparently don't mix. The class cards they've added since classic are all pretty bad, and most Druids don't run any of them, with the exception of gimmicky Token or Fatigue decks and those brave souls who are experimenting with DotF.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Tree of Life is almost a cool card.

It enables that fatigue druid deck to have a chance which I like. I wish that druid could get some cool minions again. It will prolly never happen though or else the ramp deck will overrun everything.

Zemm

Interrupting the player mid-game to get him to remove someone from his friends list is pretty bad, just wait until the end of the round.

Levi

Banned
It enables that fatigue druid deck to have a chance which I like. I wish that druid could get some cool minions again. It will prolly never happen though or else the ramp deck will overrun everything.

Well, the problem is the ramp and the combo. If they nerf combo or the ramp cards, Druid becomes the worst class instantly. If they don't, they can't ever give Druid good board clears or powerful minions, because then Druid becomes too overpowered.

ViviOggi

lol I can't tell when every time you say this -- if you are making fun of "esports" as something stupid, or if you actually really do enjoy watching it

haha

I'm making fun of Hearthstone as a legitimate esports title but still enjoy watching it for its ridiculousness, it's entertaining

It's also easy to root for particular players you know from streaming or previous tournaments thanks to the ubiquitous facecams, the one thing HS has going for it over established competitive games - specifically team games like Dota or CS - is how personal everything is

Dahbomb

Kripparian in dat ass with the aggro Paladin!

And that's why you don't run double Mind Control anymore (though back then it was 8 mana).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Arena is still the worst piece of shit I've ever played in my life. Absolutely cancerfilled bullshit. What a disgusting game this game is.

Dahbomb

If I remember correctly the main changes from back in the day were:

Argent Commander was a 4/3
Sunfury Protector was a 3/3
Defender of Argus was a 3/3
Frost Nova was 2 mana
Cone of Cold was 3 mana
Blizzard was 5 mana
Pyroblast was 8 mana
Mindcontrol was 8 mana
Sylvanas was 5 mana
Blood Imp used to give every minion +1
Abusive Sergeant and Dark Iron Dwarf can now hit any minion bug DiD's effect is no longer permanent
Warsong Commander charge effect used to be different
Charge the spell was a 0 mana give charge
Novice Engineer was a 1/2

Probably a bunch I am missing.

Levi

Banned
Just don't play Arena, it's all bullshit anyway.

Even the best arena players in the world go zero for three sometimes. I never know if I lost because of my draft, my play, or because I had no chance no matter what I did because the other guy got offered better cards. The arena rewards suck, I'm only missing 4 gvg cards so my gold is better spent on classic packs, I'm missing 11 or 12 of those cards.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What

I don't understand this. In arena, I see the most unpredictable, mismatched, unorganized, surprising decks all the time. It's just a product of how they're put together. How are you fighting the same or similar decks in arena repeatedly? It feels like you could swap arena and constructed in your post and it would make more sense. :p

How do you synergize anything in Arena? It's value, value, value, and only so many common cards create good value without needing synergy. The only thing that usually makes arena decks different from each other is if they have 1 fire elemental or 4.

Rapstah

Have we still not organised an EU tournament? Are there enough EU players in here to do at least an 8 player tournament? I'd participate and lose to real decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom