• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Omg did I miss Art vs Kripp?! Will there be vods?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU tournament? Please invite me if we're going to Skype/Mumble it up!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Emperor Thaurissan is the Oprah of HS.

You get a discount! And YOU get a discount!

Oprah-Pointing-e1385078902933.jpg

oprah-favourite-things.jpg

839977-5a9b0f9e-8943-11e3-9956-927a0b0ae164.jpg

753237-oprah-6.gif

o-OPRAH-GIVEAWAY-MOMENTS-facebook.jpg

Dahbomb

Holy shit this Vitality Totem is pulling in work!

Druid vs Druid Grand Final FINAL match...

As it should be because Druid and Emperor are balanced as fuck right nkw.

Rapstah

Looks like there's interest in an EU tournament. I could organise it if you guys are up for no prizes. I might throw up a Google form tomorrow to see how it should be done.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Even the best arena players in the world go zero for three sometimes. I never know if I lost because of my draft, my play, or because I had no chance no matter what I did because the other guy got offered better cards. The arena rewards suck, I'm only missing 4 gvg cards so my gold is better spent on classic packs, I'm missing 11 or 12 of those cards.

i'm just pissed at arena because i got 25 gold as a reward and now my gold total always has 5 gold i cannot use, it bugs me and now i have to play arena to make my gold total even. And yeah i think gold is always better spent on packs.

Fun tournament. I look forward to the next one. Almost 95,000 people viewing on Twitch right now.

And Orange has won $23,000 in the last month between two tournaments - he wasn't even in major tournaments before the beginning of 2015.

Dahbomb

What I learned from this tournament:

*Dr Balanced is indeed very balanced.

*So is Emperor.

*Druid double combo is the way to play the game.

*Mech Mage is balanced and can pull wins out of ass.

*Druid of the Flame sucks.

That final game was the whole tournament in a nutshell (minus Mech Mage, that was the story yesterday).

◥█̆◤TOTEMIC MIGHT◥█̆◤

That final game was really intense but really, Orange won because that Vitality totem broke Ostkaka's will.

Rapstah

Okay, I set up a Google form for people to show their interest for the theoretical EU Hearthstone tournament. I'll post this again tomorrow at a better time for EU and a couple of times more before we decide exactly how to solve this. I'd be okay with organising it.

http://goo.gl/forms/k43l4lCOhx

Yoshichan

Okay, I set up a Google form for people to show their interest for the theoretical EU Hearthstone tournament. I'll post this again tomorrow at a better time for EU and a couple of times more before we decide exactly how to solve this. I'd be okay with organising it.

http://goo.gl/forms/k43l4lCOhx

Signed.

Dahbomb

Ragnaros isn't really targetting anything... it's just throwing out a fireball and it's hitting something.

It's like the Bombers throwing out the bombs.

Stealthed is stealthed "broski". It's just kinda meaningless for him to be able to target cards that should be hidden.

Anything that is stealthed can't be targeted, but it doesn't mean it's invulnerable to damage. You can damage stealthed minions with anything that doesn't need targeting (random effects, AOE), so Rag is completely consistent on that.

So I have noticed the rogue fatigue deck becoming popular... has ANYONE actually lost to this yet? It seems like nothing more than a Troll deck... It does nothing but waste my time. I never end the game lower than 20 health... i just lose 20 minutes of my life :/

Dahbomb

So I have noticed the rogue fatigue deck becoming popular... has ANYONE actually lost to this yet? It seems like nothing more than a Troll deck... It does nothing but waste my time. I never end the game lower than 20 health... i just lose 20 minutes of my life :/
Most people don't play it properly, it's a difficult deck to play. I myself make a lot of mistakes when playing it sometimes (though still manage to win).

If you get a Coldlight in your hand against a control deck then it should be an auto win. The milling is way to aggressive for any slow deck to keep up with.

If the meta wasn't so aggressive then this deck would be even more prevalent than it already is.

Levi

Banned
Trump is streaming beast druid right now. Trying to make that Druid of the Flame, Druid of the fang synergy work.

It still has combo, ramp, e.t. and violet teacher so I think that'll carry the deck more than beast synergy will.

Dahbomb

Trump is streaming beast druid right now. Trying to make that Druid of the Flame, Druid of the fang synergy work.

It still has combo, ramp, e.t. and violet teacher so I think that'll carry the deck more than beast synergy will.
Does it have Emperor Balanced and Dr Balanced?

If so then it will do well.

If not then it probably won't do all that well.

Edit: Yeah it has both of those Legendaries so it will get carried by the balanced stuff.

Brofist

Every time there is a new fatigue deck it seems to do well for a few days based on surprise, and then die out quickly once people know what to expect. My play style must be good against the type of deck, I don't usually lose to them.

Dahbomb

More like people try out slow decks when there's a new expansion/set of cards which get crushed by Mill decks and then people realize they were stupid for playing slow decks so they go back to playing aggro decks which crush Mill/Fatigue decks.

Dahbomb

Man I wish I had a Sylvanas.

And an Antonidas.

And a Cenarius.

And a Tirion.

And a Geddon.

And an Alextrasza.

And a Jaraxxus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom