• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I'm posting this again: we're trying to organise an EU tournament. As of right now, 8 players have signed up, counting me. The closer we get to a power of 2 the better, so 16 would be great. If we end up with an odd number of players we'll randomly give some players byes in the first round.

Right now I'm thinking Conquest, best of 3 5, single elimination. You pick three classes at the start of the tournament and have to keep those three classes for all of the tournament, but you may change your decks between rounds (although not between matches while you are playing against someone). One week per round? If anyone minds this format, tell me! I'm open to ideas. If discussion about this tournament overtakes this thread we'll create a new thread exclusively for the tournament. Whenenever the tournament actually starts, there will definitely be a thread.

I'll re-post this later today so everyone has a shot at signing up without having to read every post in the thread.

Bizazedo

Hearthstone RNG is the best when it brings you back from the abyss.

Opponent plays a Rag, I play a Rag. My Ragnaros snipes his. Opponent then plays Onyxia. My Rag, out of all those targets, snipes Onyxia.

Hearty chuckle when it works in your favor.

kiryani

Opponent plays a Rag, I play a Rag. My Ragnaros snipes his. Opponent then plays Onyxia. My Rag, out of all those targets, snipes Onyxia.

Your opponent is probably rage posting on Reddit right now.

Please tell me you threw in a few Sorry emotes each time? Aw man the salt from that other guy would be so good.

clav

to me it runs pretty crappy on the Nexus 7 (2013) compared to ipad. I was wondering how well it runs on Nvidia Shield though (I personally prefer 7 inch tablets and that seems to be the only game in town unless something new comes to market)

Game seems to be somewhat CPU intensive for a low budget game as well as hard drive intensive for loading assets (particularly sound files).

Every time someone throws down Rag, I respond with the "Well Played" emote as it spawns.

I got lucky last night and the other guy's Rag hit a Nerubian Egg out of 4 possible targets (including face) that had dropped from a Piloted Shredder that I had absolutely no way of hatching. I used that and my Kezan Mystic that had just stolen his secret to kill Rag. If that hadn't happened, I probably would have lost since BGH decided not to show up.

You guys think we'll see another expansion this year? And the iPhone launch?

I'd be really surprised if we don't see some new content by the end of this year. Since Naxx, they've been launching new content at least every 6 months. Seems like we would get something in October or so based on that trend.

I'm posting this again: we're trying to organise an EU tournament. As of right now, 8 players have signed up, counting me. The closer we get to a power of 2 the better, so 16 would be great. If we end up with an odd number of players we'll randomly give some players byes in the first round.

Right now I'm thinking Conquest, best of 3, single elimination. You pick three classes at the start of the tournament and have to keep those three classes for all of the tournament, but you may change your decks between rounds (although not between matches while you are playing against someone). One week per round? If anyone minds this format, tell me! I'm open to ideas. If discussion about this tournament overtakes this thread we'll create a new thread exclusively for the tournament. Whenenever the tournament actually starts, there will definitely be a thread.

I'll re-post this later today so everyone has a shot at signing up without having to read every post in the thread.

so i signed the google form! lets get this going!

Xanathus

I want anti-face hunter class cards

The thing with face hunter is that there are tons of anti-face hunter cards, you just don't use them because you then lose to mid-range or control.

Death Lord, Healbot, Earthern Ring, Tazdingo, that anti-deathrattle card.

Dragner

If you want to beat facehunter just play warrior or druid. They are very good vs face hunter (Warrior is almost impossible to lose).

Dragner

Right now I'm thinking Conquest, best of 3, single elimination. You pick three classes at the start of the tournament and have to keep those three classes for all of the tournament, but you may change your decks between rounds (although not between matches while you are playing against someone). One week per round? If anyone minds this format, tell me! I'm open to ideas. If discussion about this tournament overtakes this thread we'll create a new thread exclusively for the tournament. Whenenever the tournament actually starts, there will definitely be a thread.

If its conquest it should be Bo5 isnt it? So you have to win with all your classes once.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Maybe I need to switch as I got to level 12 and then I slid back to 14 as I just hit a rash of Face Hunter with no end in site with my Mage Deck. :/

Vanillalite

Think android phone support will launch with iPhone as well?

The leaked achievements were for both iOS and Android so in theory yes. That being said I don't believe the achievements leaking have any baring on if the game is actually done and ready for for launch on phones.

Vanillalite

A patch was released last night which included textures and other graphical assets for the phone version, so I expect a release is right around the corner. Later this week or next, possibly.

They've also added a new quest. Win 5 games in Practice Mode, which rewards a Classic pack.

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=2471...card-back-practice-mode-quest-mobile-textures

go

A patch was released last night which included textures and other graphical assets for the phone version, so I expect a release is right around the corner. Later this week or next, possibly.

They've also added a new quest. Win 5 games in Practice Mode, which rewards a Classic pack.

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=2471...card-back-practice-mode-quest-mobile-textures

Another quest for earning a Classic Pack. I'm OK with this! Too bad the quest itself is so boring. I guess I'll roll Practice mode with some goofy decks at least.

gutshot

Another quest for earning a Classic Pack. I'm OK with this! Too bad the quest itself is so boring. I guess I'll roll Practice mode with some goofy decks at least.

It's not clear if it is a daily quest or just a one-time achievement. It would kinda suck if it was a daily quest, since yeah, it would be so boring to complete. On the other hand, getting free packs is nice.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It's not clear if it is a daily quest or just a one-time achievement. It would kinda suck if it was a daily quest, since yeah, it would be so boring to complete. On the other hand, getting free packs is nice.

I think it would be a good idea for a quest. Maybe a bit boring, but it gives you an excuse to try something fun with your decks that probably wouldn't fly against humans.

Milennia

i just randomly queued up a casual game with my control warrior and got a priest

this guy was ahead ever since turn 3, he thoughtstole 4 of my legendarys etc, i was topdecking by turn 9 and he had a thoughstolen ysera down for 4 turns just feeding him his hand...

i ended up winning through a series of topdecks that only a control warrior can have, half of my legendarys were in the last 6 or so cards of the deck, i dropped my alexstrasza, he dropped the one he thoughtstole from me, i topdecked shieldslam, he couldnt deal with it and dropped his whole hand which was nothing left but soulpriest/cricle/shieldslam

1 card left in his deck

he concedes

i was literally naked with nothing but hero power and top decking for about 7 turns

he adds me to real id right before conceding

best game in a while

Hektor

Levi

Banned
If you want to beat facehunter just play warrior or druid. They are very good vs face hunter (Warrior is almost impossible to lose).

Druid vs face hunter isn't that great of a match up for Druid. You can win if you get a perfect opening hand but I think that's true for every class. If you don't get timely Wrath/Keepers/Innervate into Belcher you're going to have a bad time, especially because you end up taking a ton of face damage if you're forced to use hero power to clear their little 1 health minions.

I find Midrange Paladin does really well against face hunter. Your hero power can remove a lot of their minions straight up, and you can contest the game early with Zombie Chow, Shielded Minibot, Muster for Battle, and you have lots of life gain with Truesilver, Healbot, and Lay On Hands. If you can stall the game long enough to cast Lay on Hands you've won that game, as Face Hunter fizzles out after turn 7 or so.

Control warrior has to get a really bad draw to lose to a face hunter. There is just too much life gain in that class for Hunter to burn through, and once you hit late game there is nothing face hunter can do to stop your big threats.

The best anti face hunter tech any class can run is Zombie Chow to remove their early game, Annoyotrons to prevent their minions from hitting face for a turn or two or bait out their owls, Healbot to take you out of reach of a cheap Kill Command win, Sludge Belchers to eat up their burn, and Kezan Mystic to steal their explosive trap. More than half the time a Face Hunter will straight up just concede if you take their explosive trap, it's hard from them to come back after losing a full turn of minions being able to hit face.

Seriously, run Kezan Mystic if you see as many Mages and Hunters as I do. Kezan Mystic straight up wins you the game vs freeze mage if you steal their Ice Block. It's a tempo loss to Mech Mage to steal their Mirror Entity. It's okay against Tempo Mage, but they run so many damn secrets it often doesn't really matter that you took one of them, but can swing the game in your favor in some situations.

Do you guys use Blood Knight?

I used to run 1 in my mid-range Shaman deck when Zoo was super popular and ran Argent Squire. I basically found that if they threw down a Squire on turn 1 or 2 and I had a turn 3 Blood Knight it was a guaranteed win. That was probably pre-Naxxramas though or maybe just after so it has been a long time.

Otherwise... Nah, I don't see it being useful in this meta unless you're making some sort of crazy Divine Shield-loaded deck.

Dahbomb

No because the only 3 targets it hits in the current meta are Shielded Minibots, Annoyotrons and Tirion... two of which are exclusive to one class.

Blood Knight was better when more than one class used to use Argent Squire and then buff it up with Shattered Suns and Argus along with people using Sunwalkers instead of Belchers. Now it just simply doesn't hit enough targets and even when it does, it's not a huge tempo swing like it is with BGH.

I played Sylvanas against a board with Dr. Boom, 2 Boom Bots, and Rag. I had 3 other minions and then I used Consecrate. Both bots hit my Sylvanas, she stole the Rag, then Rag hit the Dr. Boom. Opponent conceded right after.

For whatever reason, almost all mill Rogues I run into seem to have no clue how to play the deck. Coining out Coldlight so I know exactly what you're playing and can play around it it is just foolish.

Vanillalite

The problem I have with my mage deck is while I run two annoys in my deck, I didn't have 2 zombie chows, sludge belchers, or healbots.

So if I play Face Hunter I'm screwed unless I retool my deck. Problem is retooling my deck makes me feel like I'm weaker against everything else. :/

I think it got some play for a very limited amount of time, but once argent commander got nerfed and Sunwalkers became rare (belcher is almost strictly better at doing the same job) it just wasn't a practical card, specially since you can run BGH or Mind Control Tech in the same slot and those are more useful.

Buffing your blood knight using your own divine shield minions isn't fantastic, either. If it summoned a 3/3 for each shield it popped maybe, but adding more stats to a single minion isn't particularly helpful.

ViviOggi

For whatever reason, almost all mill Rogues I run into seem to have no clue how to play the deck. Coining out Coldlight so I know exactly what you're playing and can play around it it is just foolish.

To be fair it's one of the hardest decks to pilot, although yeah that's an idiotic move

Levi

Banned
The problem I have with my mage deck is while I run two annoys in my deck, I didn't have 2 zombie chows, sludge belchers, or healbots.

So if I play Face Hunter I'm screwed unless I retool my deck. Problem is retooling my deck makes me feel like I'm weaker against everything else. :/

That's Hearthstone. You have to make the call on what to include based on what you're seeing on the ladder. Right now I'm seeing 50% face hunter, so I'm playing my paladin. If that changes, I'll switch to my druid, which does well vs control.

Vanillalite

That's Hearthstone. You have to make the call on what to include based on what you're seeing on the ladder. Right now I'm seeing 50% face hunter, so I'm playing my paladin. If that changes, I'll switch to my druid, which does well vs control.

I might try and switch to warrior and see how it goes.

gutshot

Finally beat Heroic Majordomo using mill rogue. The hardest part was timing the fatigue damage such that he wouldn't ever be able to drop all his molten giants.

Rapstah

In my continuing saga of trying to put RNG into every single fake Shaman card I make:

fbda0274aluxh.png

Worst case scenario it's a worse Arcanite Reaper or Harrison eats it, best case scenario you have a 4 damage weapon forever.

Or maybe you do a stupid effect like this:

76290c8d.png

I'm trying to find effects that you could concievably imagine someone at Blizzard would think are great, but are obviously terrible when you think about them in the context of anything the class currently does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom