• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

The iPhone version will be the end of me and my colleagues. 5 out of 8 guys in our meeting just played Hearthstone while talking to each other.

Am I scum if I am ranking up using Midrange Hunter? I feel like I'm scum.

I think midrange hunter is fine. It is definitely 10x more interactive than face hunter at the very least. The only thing that annoys me about midrange hunter is that I must, absolutely, must both mulligan and play against hunter as if it is face hunter and that isn't necessarily how I would play against a midrange hunter (saving aldors for highmane for instance, instead of getting a minion on board).

Rapstah

Would Majordomo be viable if its card text was "when your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it, destroy this minion and replace your hero with Ragnaros, the Firelord"? Ragnaros could still have 8 health, but at least it'd be 8 additional health.

So I completed three dailys yesterday and this morning I log in and get three more! Why did I get three and not the usual one?

There's a weird system where the game queues up additional quests if you have a full log when you're supposed to get a new one. I think it'll queue three quests, so it shouldn't happen again the next time you get a quest. It's kind of obscure.

IceMarker

Would Majordomo be viable if its card text was "when your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it, destroy this minion and replace your hero with Ragnaros, the Firelord"? Ragnaros could still have 8 health, but at least it'd be 8 additional health.

That would make it a 9 mana Super Ice Block. Yes.

rickyson1

We already know what's coming tomorrow.

Dragon Consort and Rend Blackhand.
The other cards don't matter because they suck.

Volcanic Lumberer is gonna be one of the best cards in the game in arena,dunno about constructed since I don't play that

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't get what kind of deck Dragon Egg is for. Warlock Zoo? Priest? There are no cards that makes use of there being Dragons on the board, and the card doesn't even count as a Dragon its self.

This week is also pretty lack luster in cards, Dragon Consort is nice but won't be too great until the other dragons are added. Blizzard put most of the really good cards in the final wing.

You know, I just realized I haven't seen anyone even try to play Blackwing Technician yet.

Midrange hunter is those decks that get you to below 10 HP before you can even start playing,then finish you off with kill command+hero power?

If so,then yeah,you are a scam.

I think that's Face Hunter. I'm playing things like Emperor T., Dr. Boom, Savannah Highmane, and Sludge Belchers with some early game in there to efficiently trade.

I had the "win 7 games" quest today - In less than 1 hour, I won 7 of 9 games as Midrange Hunter (got from rank 6 to rank 4) and my only two loses were against Hunter (one face, one midrange).

Hunters only lose to Hunters.

Magnus

Am I the only person excited for a new low-mana Priest minion? lol =/ For the times when Ysera finds its way into my opening hand, it will be glorious.

what time have the Wings been coming out? first time i've been around for when it releases

I think it was around 1pm ET last week...?

FRESH MEAT!

No kidding. I've been facing a LOT of players making terrible, terrible choices and moves over the past two days.

Strider

Is there anyway to check what class cards you have yet to unlock in the mobile app?

Yes. Go to my collection then click on crafting. This section will show all the cards you own and don't own. The cards you do not own will have a grey/transparent look to them.

Edit: Make sure you have the include soulbound card option turned on as well, which is on the right side of the crafting page.

gutshot

Yes. Go to my collection then click on crafting. This section will show all the cards you own and don't own. The cards you do not own will have a grey/transparent look to them.

That doesn't show the basic cards you haven't unlocked yet, only the craftable cards from boosters that you haven't acquired yet. AFAIK there isn't a way in game to see the cards from the basic set that you have yet to unlock.

JesseZao

That doesn't show the basic cards you haven't unlocked yet, only the craftable cards from boosters that you haven't acquired yet. AFAIK there isn't a way in game to see the cards from the basic set that you have yet to unlock.

Show soulbound cards option.

Iryx

If you check the "Include Soulbound" box in crafting mode it should show basic cards that aren't unlocked yet.

Strider

Oh yea I forgot to say make sure turn soulbound card option on.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Blackrock wing hitting during star wars panel, last week during seatstory

WHY D:

Played against a Mill rogue last night with my oil rogue. His coldlight oracle essentially cycled two oils, flurry, and 2 deadly poisons along with a southsea deckhand (I also had 2 preps in my hand). He successfully burns my sprint. Next turn I hit him for 27 points of damage to finish the game.

On a semi-unrelated note. I really like Emp T. in oil rogue. Even if he lives for only one turn, it really opens up the combos in hand for the following turn.

Parshias7

I managed to beat a Mage with two Flamestrikes and two Spectral Knights in Arena as a Priest. When my first drop that really affected the board any was Tazdingo on 4.

Dude did one or two misplays, like when he decided to trade his 3/1 Water Ele instead of his 3/3 Bomb Lobber. (I'm a Priest without Smite, I can't deal with one health minions!) I got pretty salty early one and almost conceded on turn 8. It all worked out in the end.

Dragner

Am I the only person excited for a new low-mana Priest minion? lol =/ For the times when Ysera finds its way into my opening hand, it will be glorious.

Priest is the only class that dont want that minion, zombie chow has almost no drawback in priest in fact it has upside with auchenai soulpriest. And you dont have room for more 1 drops.

Type2

Part of the joy in playing hearthstone on my iPhone is learning what decks I absolutely do not want to play on public transit. I also lost a game by swiping up too quickly and having a boom bot hit face instead of dying to a minion for a potential lethal. I just needed it to hit for 2 or more!
The battery drains pretty quickly even on my 6 plus but it's a good mobile port.

Priest is the only class that dont want that minion, zombie chow has almost no drawback in priest in fact it has upside with auchenai soulpriest. And you dont have room for more 1 drops.

There's also the fact that it doesn't work well with Resurrect (it will only come back as a 2/1) and you have to also have a dragon in hand on turn 1 or it's just a worse Leper Gnome/Clockwork Gnome.

Agraavan

I managed to beat a Mage with two Flamestrikes and two Spectral Knights in Arena as a Priest. When my first drop that really affected the board any was Tazdingo on 4.

Dude did one or two misplays, like when he decided to trade his 3/1 Water Ele instead of his 3/3 Bomb Lobber. (I'm a Priest without Smite, I can't deal with one health minions!) I got pretty salty early one and almost conceded on turn 8. It all worked out in the end.
That was not a missplay. It's easy to say what was the best line of action if you know every variables involved or in retrospect. You are a class without a weapon and he have no way to tell what you have, you could very well be cooking a Holy Nova, an Auchenai or whatever. a 3/3 minion would survive both, while a 3/1 would not.

Magnus

I'd be if it wasn't a shitty Zombie Sjow

There's also the fact that it doesn't work well with Resurrect (it will only come back as a 2/1) and you have to also have a dragon in hand on turn 1 or it's just a worse Leper Gnome/Clockwork Gnome.

All valid points. I'm now bummed about it.

Oh well, at least Resurrect is phenomenal. I smile a hearty smile and chuckle a hearty chuckle every time I see a Blademaster and Resurrect (or two of either card!) show up in my opening hand. Better still if I get the Coin.

A browser version crossed my mind before as well. But frankly I don't see the point. You would either have to install the game anyway, in which case why not use the desktop version, or they'd have to do more on their end? Well, I guess it would just be a lot of streaming information like audio clips, art, and such. It would just raise the cost of operation. So you would have to download basically whatever the client has anyway.

I don't know, either way it just doesn't seem like a particularly worth investment of time and money now that they have pretty much every major mobile platform supported, plus PC and mac.

Rapstah

Has Deathlord ever been a better card than in the current meta? The only popular deck I can come up with where you are at a disadvantage from most of the stuff that can pop out of your opponent's deck is Demonlock, and that's not even that popular. Deathlord just completely neuters Grom, Alexstrasza, and Dr. Boom if they pop out from its Deathrattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom