• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice215

Ugh, ladder anxiety. Think I'm gonna hang out in Casual, I worked too hard for these stars.

I've been hanging out in casual because I haven't had much time to climb the ladder and don't feel like losing stars trying to complete these dailies. Hopefully I will be able to play some ladder this weekend.

ViviOggi

Yup Cairne is dead for good. He was already getting cut left and right when Naxx brought Belcher/Loatheb and now aside from further meta shifts there are two actual replacements with Sky Golem and Sneeds. It's particularly ironic how he changed from Priest's worst nightmare to guaranteed sudoku.

Levi

Banned
You lose them in a couple of weeks anyway. Let go of the anxiety and just play it out. At least you can work towards golden heroes in ranked. Your actual rank doesn't really matter.

Great point. I'm at about 250 wins on my druid, and this might be the last season for some of these meta decks. Off to ranked! Wish me luck.

Tacitus_

Playing control paladin vs midrange hunter is a blast from the past, except it is 10x easier now that they can't draw a bazillion cards off buzz/UTH combo. But even back then I felt control paladin was favored, despite a lot of people claiming paladin was dead.

collage.png

Also, this one was running rag. Highmane turn 6, highmane turn 7, ragnaros turn 8... = REKT HARD

Please tell me you got that millhouse from a shredder.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just got an extra BOOM in a pack. If Blizzard Nerfs him, would I get 1600 Dust for each one, or should I just dust the extra one now?

Rapstah

Here's a weird deck I'm having too much fun with:

roguenotmillmbu3l.png

It's basically a mill deck without the milling. Probably could throw a couple of Mountain Giants in there too.

Edit: This decklist seems to be halfway between two different versions of the deck so it's basically useless. Oops. I'm sure you can see the point though, fill your opponent's hand and yours and then play drakes and giants.

Just beat a Zoolock with Randuin Wrynn. Funniest game I have ever played.

Highlights:
- Getting Dr Balance from a Mindgames
- Getting a Weblord from a Shredder so he couldn't play his Dr Balance
- Getting a Pit Lord from a Piloted Sky Golem
- Mad Bomber killing his Swamp Ooze AND his Damaged Harvest Golem. Best bomber ever.
- Playing double Shadowboxer and then he used Healbot on himself, which killed his Flame Imp.
- In the end, he got so mad he double Hellfired and tapped to kill himself.

I wish I'd recorded it.

The sad part is, I probably used like three months worth of RNG on that game.

We should play the mirror at some point! Epic fun to be had.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I had some free time and decided to spend it updating the FAQ section of the OP.

http://pastebin.com/HUMj8gpL

It could use an arena section, and maybe some formatting, but I'm needed elsewhere atm.

Thanks. I used some bits and pieces, but I'll confess I didn't change too much. I think the FAQ is better served being a short-and-sweet intro rather than being a resource itself.

Thanks, added.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
God Mech mage is strong but as soon as she looses board control the game is pretty much over since you run out of steam so fucking fast specially since you don't have cards that can draw.

Dahbomb

God Mech mage is strong but as soon as she looses board control the game is pretty much over since you run out of steam so fucking fast specially since you don't have cards that can draw.
Mech Mage still has Dr Balanced and Antonidas to mount a comeback with.

lol

Had the cast 40 spells daily so I made an all spell mage deck, 25 spells in my first game, lost

Won the 2nd game somehow lol, freezing a full board of minions 5 turns in a row FTW lol

ZZMitch

Looooool

Was playing mech Shaman with my Gazlowe Priest just now and was a bit behind. Shaman had 6 minions on board. I had 2 Northshire Clerics and a Toshley on board. I was pretty low on life and he had just frozen my Toshley with a spare part. After making some attacks he pressed his hero power and ended turn. Unfortunately for him he spawned a healing totem, which healed 3 of his guys and drew me 6 cards! I drew into my Auchenai + Circle combo with those cards, cleared the board and won the game. One of the most hilarious misplays I have seen a good long time.

Golgo 13

Priests are easily the most annoying class to play against, especially when they're really good -- all that stealing (minions, cards), and the ability to manipulate game conditions is just made to infuriate.

Mulgrok

Looooool

Was playing mech Shaman with my Gazlowe Priest just now and was a bit behind. Shaman had 6 minions on board. I had 2 Northshire Clerics and a Toshley on board. I was pretty low on life and he had just frozen my Toshley with a spare part. After making some attacks he pressed his hero power and ended turn. Unfortunately for him he spawned a healing totem, which healed 3 of his guys and drew me 6 cards! I drew into my Auchenai + Circle combo with those cards, cleared the board and won the game. One of the most hilarious misplays I have seen a good long time.

I got a summoning portal from my dead mech and had a tundra rhino out... next turn I was an idiot and put down 4 2 health cards before triggering the guy's fire trap and killed my hand.... so went from guaranteed win to certain loss in one stupid move! :p

Mulgrok

Priests are easily the most annoying class to play against, especially when they're really good -- all that stealing (minions, cards), and the ability to manipulate game conditions is just made to infuriate.

I made a deck with mostly 4 attack minions just to fuck with priests who play that way. Fun to watch them stare in frustration at a board filled with 4's :p

EDIT: doh, sorry for double post... I should get some sleep.

Aylinato

I made a deck with mostly 4 attack minions just to fuck with priests who play that way. Fun to watch them stare in frustration at a board filled with 4's :p

EDIT: doh, sorry for double post... I should get some sleep.

I made a deck with only 4 or higher cards

Ugh, gone downhill so bad this past few weeks. Started to get 3 wins quite often in arena(yes I am terrible), but now my past 4 runs have been 2-3, 0-3, 1-3, 1-3.

Thinking I might do a couple of runs with classes I wouldn't normally play. That way I don't really care if I lose and I learn a bit more about the other classes.

Rapstah

I hadn't even thought of it, but mill Rogue works pretty well against Mech Mage because they keep putting spare parts in their hands for half the cards they play. For the first five or so turns it seems really hard to play more cards than the mill Rogue can force you to pick up.

I hadn't even thought of it, but mill Rogue works pretty well against Mech Mage because they keep putting spare parts in their hands for half the cards they play. For the first five or so turns it seems really hard to play more cards than the mill Rogue can force you to pick up.

Mech Mage's biggest flaw is that it just kind of runs out of gas if they lose the board and are out of cards. I would think the last thing you want to do is to keep shoving cards in their hands.

embalm

Mech Mage and Face Hunter are usually not the classes you want to mill against. Maybe Vanish will probably get some value, but they can build up the board so quickly that you'll need to clear almost every turn because of the low cost of their minions.

gutshot

My entry into xanathus' card competition:

J67wsIz.png

I liked the idea of a mostly defensive card similar to Ancient Watcher only I wanted to make it slightly less awkward to play. Figured I'd make it a dragon since we know there will be more of those and we don't have any 6 mana cost dragons yet. Statwise, it is reconfigured Boulderfist with Taunt. Of course, the Taunt comes with a drawback so I think it is fairly balanced. No idea if this would see any play or not. Maybe in a Ramp Druid deck?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ysera seems underrated at the moment I feel, been running it in Paladin decks and no-one seems to have an answer for it.

Golgo 13

Just Harrisoned a newly minted Juraxxis for the first time. Got 7 cards, felt way too good. Such a great card.

ZealousD

My entry into xanathus' card competition:

J67wsIz.png

I liked the idea of a mostly defensive card similar to Ancient Watcher only I wanted to make it slightly less awkward to play. Figured I'd make it a dragon since we know there will be more of those and we don't have any 6 mana cost dragons yet. Statwise, it is reconfigured Boulderfist with Taunt. Of course, the Taunt comes with a drawback so I think it is fairly balanced. No idea if this would see any play or not. Maybe in a Ramp Druid deck?

Scary as hell in arena. Better than Boulderfist for sure. It might actually be a tad OP. The fact that you can lose the taunt isn't enough of a drawback.

gutshot

Scary as hell in arena. Better than Boulderfist for sure. It might actually be a tad OP. The fact that you can lose the taunt isn't enough of a drawback.

Yeah, after thinking about it a bit more, I think you are right. Maybe a 4/8 would be better? I was aware of it being strong in arena but as a rare, I don't think that is a huge problem.

Magnus

I think it might be time to craft a Harrison. Sitting on nearly 5k dust, and won't need any of it till the next expansion....

Rapstah

Yeah, after thinking about it a bit more, I think you are right. Maybe a 4/8 would be better? I was aware of it being strong in arena but as a rare, I don't think that is a huge problem.

4/8 and have the card effect be "when this minion attacks, Silence it" instead for extra flavour.

Edit: Self-silencing minions is a really cool concept. It'll only happen once because the silence will mean they can't self-silence anymore.

Rapstah

I don't think that being better than boulderfist ogre is really a measurement of OP or not, since in constructed boulderfist ogre isn't played.

It's got the same stat total as Mogor the Ogre, and both have a "neutral" style of card text (Taunt that removes itself is worse than regular Taunt, so it should get to have better stats than Lord of the Arena). Mogor is legendary.

Alright, I'm giving away my 10 dollar winnings from Fixed1979's Hearthstone tourney to ONE person who has posted at least once in the last Hearthstone thread. All you have to do is make an original picture of a fake Hearthstone card that could be believably coming out in the upcoming Hearthstone expansion Blackrock Mountain. Feel free to use any tool you want to make the picture, Paint even works as I consider how believable the card is to be worth 50% of the value.

Remember, only people who have posted in the previous thread are eligible for this contest. You can see if you have posted before here. I'll have Fixed1979 transfer the money to the winner's Paypal account directly because transferring it through mine will incur Paypal fees.

Entries will be accepted until:
t1426924800z4.png

I would like to not be included in the contest, but seeing the other cards inspired me to make one of my own:

WDeFF08x.png

Two types (Murloc and Pirate) because I think it'd be fun to try and merge Pirates with Murlocs, even if I know deep-down that Blizzard wants Shaman/Murloc and Rogue/Pirate combos. New Druid combo with this: Turn 10 Murloc Captain, Innverate, Murloc Captain = 12-damage + any other Murlocs or Pirates in-play.

I think when considering card balance, cards that aren't even remotely usable in constructed might as well not exist. This is basically what ben brode has said in response to criticisms about dr. boom being basically a better war golem.

So in terms of 6 drops, the one that comes first to mind is gallywix being a 5/8 with its considerably more unique and potentially stronger card text which still makes him stand apart as a legendary minion. So a 5/8 with a taunt that is lost once you attack (and you'll want to attack most of the time but this might stop you), seems fine. If you're in a dangerous situation you're losing 5 attack per turn to keep taunt up, so that seems like a suitable sacrifice to keep taunt.

ZealousD

I don't think that being better than boulderfist ogre is really a measurement of OP or not, since in constructed boulderfist ogre isn't played.

It's about as strong as a class card though. It's got 1 extra stat point than it should for its cost as a taunt, but has max stats for a vanilla. Consider that it has 3 stats points over Druid of the Claw bear form, even though 1 mana usually only gets you +1/+1. It's kinda power creepish.

ZealousD

I think when considering card balance, cards that aren't even remotely usable in constructed might as well not exist. This is basically what ben brode has said in response to criticisms about dr. boom being basically a better war golem.

So in terms of 6 drops, the one that comes first to mind is gallywix being a 5/8 with its considerably more unique and potentially stronger card text which still makes him stand apart as a legendary minion. So a 5/8 with a taunt that is lost once you attack (and you'll want to attack most of the time but this might stop you), seems fine. If you're in a dangerous situation you're losing 5 attack per turn to keep taunt up, so that seems like a suitable sacrifice to keep taunt.

You can't compare legendaries to non-legendaries. Legendaries are deliberately OP for their cost because of the 1 card restriction and their rarity.

I need some help

I just installed this game on my Nexus 7. I ran through and did the tutorial. It's now asking me to create a free Battle.net account

The thing is, i already have a battle.net account and didnt realise i could log in with this from the beginning. I cant now go back and log in, it wont let me progress past the "create a free account" screen

How do i log in now that it keeps loading up to this screen after i have done the tutorial?

Edit: ah damn, didnt see you could scroll down, my mistake - i worked it out but i dont have my blizzard authenticator anymore. how the hell do i get around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom